Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,952)

Showing posts 439,021 - 439,040 of532,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess what I mean is that what Jesus DID say, like 8 times in John 6, was that it IS His body and blood that we are to partake in.
Not something that "represents His body and blood" or some such.
Hope I didn't misunderstand what your post meant to convey.
Maybe I wasn't clear
At the last supper He said take and eat fir this is my body.

Same with wine ..then He said do this in REMEMBRANCE OF ME.

WHERE. After He was gone dies it say the APOSTLES actually believed and taught that they were transformingg the bread and wine.

I know they had communal dinners and said the words to RRMEMBER JESUS.

but where tied it say THEY ACTUALLY. trans formed bread and water yo body and blood..

I to not think we can know ..I think they would have gad a hard time with conversions telling people they were drinking blood and eating flesh of the God they wanted them to believe in.

Rdorcislly the Jews ..the pagan Gentiles believed all sorts of things about gods.

Just saying telling this Jews would not win converts imo.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It went right over your head. Hers, too. Read it again. And again and again and again until the light bulb goes on. If it goes on. Duh!
So, tell us, are you just an anti-Catholic bigot or do you include all Christians? You know, Baptists, Pentecostals, Methodists, Greek Orthodox, Lutherans, Presbyterians.....
What do you suppose "I don't believe in your deity" means?
I guess to that means I am a bigot.
You should really purchase a dictionary. If you do look up the word "bigot".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I believe in E.T's I dont believe in going to church with them lol.....wonder what study group would be like..lol
Extremely interesting, to say the least.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
The "distinction" was made at the Reformation.
Until then, Christian belief and practice held that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus.
Protestants teach that the bread and wine ARE the body and blood of Jesus BECAUSE HE says they are. We receive it/Him gladly.
We are repulsed by men who say that THEY can turn the elements into Jesus.
KayMarie
Ok so in s Protestant church we are eating bread and drinking the body and blood.?!

Because Christ said when we do this on Remembrance we are doing as He. Said.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

then don't respect law
who try control what?????????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no. Go ahead, "prove" it again. Wait, don't tell me...those who believe in God are dishonest. I mean, you do tell every Christian here that they're dishonest, so why should I be any different. Yes, every Christian. The only ones you haven't said that to are non-Christians. Hmmm, interesting, yes, you get along only with the NON-Christians. You get along very well with them....and they with you. Have fun, you two!
:)
I see you also suffer from short term memory.
I get along with anyone and everyone---until they disrespect me. At that point, I return the same respect that is shown to me.
You are no different or better than anyone else.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

evil is evil
evil is real

now
if God not exist and you not respect that
why you need respect law of others which they try control and judge whats so ever..
by

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No regina he is an atheist....not a bigot..and for your info...he knows I am Greek Orthodox...but we get along..gee I wonder why? lol
I am not an atheist either...I just do not believe in the Christian deity. I know more about it than most of the Christian subjugates do. To most here that makes me the enemy...as you can easily see.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
After the fact. I don't think it's terribly moral to impregnate a women without her prior consent.
She sad. Be it done yo Mr according yo thy word.

It was done ..nothing physical happened between her and the angel. But she wanted it done to her.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

evil can be everywhere too..
evil is real
now
where is law there..its not exist as never exist for righteousness people..
it is written
righteousness people are prosecuted and put in prison killed too
it is written
then
why you need respect law or justice

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She sad. Be it done yo Mr according yo thy word.
It was done ..nothing physical happened between her and the angel. But she wanted it done to her.
Whether she was impregnated the old-fashioned way or not, the fact remains that she was not asked beforehand. Did God know she would be OK with it? What was preventing God from asking first? Simply doing it and advising her after the fact smacks pretty strongly of misogyny, to say the very least, and possibly rape, at worse.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
The "distinction" was made at the Reformation.
Until then, Christian belief and practice held that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus.
Protestants teach that the bread and wine ARE the body and blood of Jesus BECAUSE HE says they are. We receive it/Him gladly.
We are repulsed by men who say that THEY can turn the elements into Jesus.
KayMarie
Which protestants?

How and why does this pentecostal community differ from yours?

Pentecostals do not believe the wafer and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus, as do Catholics. For them, the bread symbolizes the body of Christ and the wine is the blood. "It is a remembrance of the broken body," says Pastor Roger Casey, who has led the church for the past 10 years. "It is broken and given."
http://web.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/relig...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina is one of the most dishonest poster on this thread.
She is an expert at trying to put words in your mouth.
assuming its what you are thinking or actual said.
Your right she is delusional.
Thank you LTM. You are exactly correct.
I already figured that out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was not a virgin forever to keep insisting she was is doing her a great injustice Regina.
Her and Joseph, were husband and wife in every sense of the word, she had sex with him , which produce children sons, and daughters.
To say legalism is a protestant thing is the pot calling the kettle black.
You need to read the Bible not just, a verse here and there but it all cover to cover, you are under the delusion that the catholic church teaches the truth.
If they don't know the truth how can they teach it.
The catholic church lives under their own set of legalism law, don't do as I do , do as I say philosophy .
Early catholic teachings were , if they don't conform kill them, or torture them till they do.
The truth is not in you Regina, The truth is the catholic church is sick with sin. It needs Jesus not Mary Just Jesus.
If they followed the first two, and most important tenets set forth by Jesus, you would not be seeing the hatred and accusations that some spew here.
If there were a heaven, they would be wondering why their "key card" doesn't work at the gate.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Wow Preston, you really show who you are sometimes.
show me if and when I lied clay.

she surely made a very large MISTAKE by going off and leaving that young child by himself, if you disagree, then tell us, using your own words if you are able to, that is. LOL

THREE(3) days until they could locate and find Him. that is Biblical

as far as my words about her being left outside the gates. I didn't make that up, it is written in the Word of God. matt 12:46.

46While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47Then one said to him, Behold, your mother and your brothers stand without, desiring to speak with you. 48But he answered and said to him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brothers?

yes I certainly do who I am. I am a person who knows the Bible, and I share that knowledge with people like you who are clueless and know nothing.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I to not think we can know ..I think they would have gad a hard time with conversions telling people they were drinking blood and eating flesh of the God they wanted them to believe in.
Rdorcislly the Jews ..the pagan Gentiles believed all sorts of things about gods.
Just saying telling this Jews would not win converts imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Rabbi Lawrence Hoffman PHD explains: Because he knows that when the Jews celbrate passover remembrance is to make present. You wish to change the meaning and what all Christians believed. They were called flesh eaters for a reason. That the Jews walked away in Jn 6:66 odd number eh?.. is that they did not understand nor believe nor do you. It is easy to think Carnally. The Apostles did not understand how a few fish and loaves would feed thousands. They witnessed many miracles and you can believe Christ rose from the dead not seeing it, but you cannot fathom how he could bring you spiritual food which he commanded you to eat as the Jews always ate the paschal lamb which he is in order that they may have life. Instead mockery calling it cracker snacks, not necessary et al when even Paul asked, "Is this not the body of the Christ?" It is not just a snack to be taken lightly or on occasion. Malachi prophesied that a sacrifice would be offered everywhere and only in the Catholic and Orthodox church does this take place in the Eucharist.. Early Christians quickly saw this. You will not find any early Father who can be traced directly to a church founded by the Apostles who believed it was just a symbol. Is it difficult for unlearned to understand or accept in a carnal way? Yes! It is a mystery yet Christ said you must eat his flesh gnarx literally gnaw and he was very clear and he didnt say hey come back I was just kidding. Its spiritual. Now if you take the time to watch the videos I gave to you then you might understand more fully. Instead of spending all your time looking for answers outside the church why not look within? In your lifetime you could not discover the full richness of the faith.

"First, Christian. At his Last Supper, Jesus famously said,“Do this in memory of me.” Ever since, the primary liturgical act for Christians has been the Eucharist, a ritualized replication of that moment, described by the Greek term for remembrance, anamnesis. The New Dictionary of Sacramental Worship calls the Greek word ”practically untranslatable in English.‘Memorial,’‘commemorat ion,’‘remembrance’ all suggest a recollection of the past, whereas anamnesis means making present an object or person from the past.” What matters is this sense of “making present,” as if past and present coalesce into a single intensive experience of “now.” It is as if we are able to inhabit two separate points in time simultaneously. Time stops momentarily (and momentously), as “then” and “now” become the same.

Jews do not use the Greek, but have the same ritual consciousness in, for example, the wedding ceremony where the concluding “seven blessings”(the sheva b’rakhot) invoke the idyllic Garden of Eden on one hand, and final redemption yet to come, on the other, collapsing them both into the current blissful moment under the wedding canopy.

In lieu of the Greek anamnesis, the specifically Jewish contribution is the parallel Hebrew word for remembrance, zekher (or zikaron, a variant that means the same thing). We hear regularly of a zekher with reference to the Temple, creation, leaving Egypt, and other events and realities of another era. But the most telling use of zekher comes from the Talmud which employs the term legally by saying,“There may be no proof for such and such a proposition, but there is a zekher for it.” Zecher Can hardly mean “remembrance” here.

http://blog.lawrenceahoffman.com/tag/do-this-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey cowboy ..lets nit get carried away
They all from towns along the way travelled together as families.
I can see his it happened if there were several children younger to take care of
Jesus was almost Bar Mitzvah age.
And besides it happened to make the point..He was about His Fathers business.
And maybe to remind us ..he could read scripture perhaps!!!!! And keep up with the teachers!!!
They would nit have listened to sn illiterate Gallikean young man..he had been taught in Bar Mitzvah
Class with others his age..but then also he had nuch more knowledge and
understanding of those scriptures
do you really believe that there was no intent with them. they traveled one day, and then went back and took 3 days to locate him. that is gross neglect, no matter how you slice the onion. that in and of itself proves that she was not perfect and was not sinless, like many women have done, she never took the responsibility that goes along with nurturing a young child

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
The ancient texts translate "water" to what it was "water".
It didn't translate to "amniotic fluid".
Further, Jesus wasn't saying that before a person can enter the kingdom he or she must first be a person.
Believe anything you want in ignorance Dan.
One of the very first mentions of "water" is in the beginning verses of Genesis. ALL Christians should know the representation of the word. It is what the entire religion and "God's relationship with man" is built on.
Perhaps you don't know as much about your god as you think you do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are honestly saying that Mary abandoned Jesus. 12 yr old Jesus?
I am literally trying to find the right words to define the stupidity of your posts.
Once again, I find myself on my knees thanking Our Lord that my parents did not become Evangelicals. I honesty would have walked away from Christianity if you were the representative of the religion..
I see a real cancer in career ministers. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do Preston.
4 days, mr clay. 4 days.

those days speak for themselves. she shirked her duties as a surrogate mother.

as far as walking away, when people were told the truth(by Jesus) they walked away and I wasn't even there.lol

Preachers have known since the time of jesus that people like you and probably your parents too if they raised you in a catholic environment, don't like the truth being Preached to them

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 439,021 - 439,040 of532,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Crazy 8,116
More 6 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 11 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 15 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••