Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#455144 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to belabor this but what do you mean by intent?
And how do We know,that. GOD did not cloud their understanding so Jesus had more time in the Temple. He was about HIS FATHERS business.
We don't know..But Jesus evidently did and such a,huge impression is made if this moment that is all we know of His childhood that does show He knew at that time who He was..
It's like God wanting this to be something unusual that woukd 've written about.
Say. ABRAM and SARAH. Had Isaac When God first spoke about it and chose Abram ..would we. Remember s such a miracle as He was.
Just saying t his whole event since it concerned Jesus was part of His plan .
RoSesz:

I think, the central person in this story is Jesus. And as he was turning into a man, about his Father's business, we find Jesus amongst the teachers in the sacred area, the Temple. In a sense for me, it is the beginning of his preaching. We often think of Jesus' career beginning about 20 years later. Jesus went to the Jerusalem Temple and taught. He leads us as a child.

And he was left behind. Doesn't this remind a person that God led the Jews out of Egypt, and protected them, going before and behind them, and was in their midst?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455145 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I was specifically thinking of Preston, OldJG and Confrint. I assume they are all in agreement on Mary because they said the Holy Spirit guides them to Biblical truth. So if one says x, then they all will say x because the Holy Spirit doesn't error. Right?
I respect that you don't share the same opinion on sacred scripture of a Deacon and Pastor of the Evangelical movement.
I have no idea what they woukd say.

I say this is in the bible because everything in it means something..And is a,God thing

Did you see my speculation on WHY GOD wanted Him .in the First place..to be in the Temple that day???
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455146 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think that Mary was a human being and therefore subject to make mistakes and sin also.
your false religion differs from the trth
Now you're letting off her a little. Make up your mind. Earlier you posted about Mary abandoning Jesus and how she'd be asserted under todays laws....
Is Our Lords Mother a criminal or not? Don't run away Pastor. You said it...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#455147 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You succeed in being a puffed up arrogant preacher of your own version of what words mean to you ... period!!!
At THAT you are quite the success!
But then again, so is Foghorn Leghorn...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455148 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:5 relates Christ teaching the necessity of and matter of (water) Baptism.
Matthew 28 18:19(below) relates Christ teaching the Form of Baptism:
18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,
All this is IN the Catholic Encyclopedia you excerpted. Very lazy, Ox.
Thanks...I found those listed....What I posted, evidently was sort of a recap of what is later gone into detail...

But...I am having a difficulty with the first paragraph under that heading...

Theologians distinguish a twofold necessity, which they call a necessity of means (medii) and a necessity of precept (pręcepti). The first (medii) indicates a thing to be so necessary that, if lacking (though inculpably), salvation can not be attained.

I can see, by their thinking, where Joh 3:5, and Mt 28:18-19, supports it.

The second (pręcepti) is had when a thing is indeed so necessary that it may not be omitted voluntarily without sin; yet, ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.

What Scripture teaches: ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455149 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have already posted it clay when she was outside while He was inside preaching. if she was where she was supposed to be, she would have been right beside him Amening His every Word.
and when he was told she was outside, he didn't stop Preaching and go invite her in, did He? wanna answer that question?
she wasn't PERFECT. like all of us, she had her faults, I suppose.
Quit side stepping Preston.
Why do you base your entire image of her on that episode?
Most most would say that's Biblical recklessness.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455150 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Most protestants don't harbor such ill will towards Mary, I think they truly misunderstand Catholic teaching. In Preston's case, I think he has some unresolved issues with his own mother.
I know how I feel about my mom who passed on almost 20 years ago, more important, I know how God felt about her.

and a few weeks before she was to be with Him, the Lord told me to ask her previous pastor(when I got saved) to come and preach and He told me that this would be the last time that all of us would be together in church. the Pastor has now when on but some Day, we will meet together at the throne of Our Father.

the ill will that I feel is with the lies that your church teaches. and some day when God destroys your church will the truth be given again to you, but it will be to late

Location hidden

#455151 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't just see Jesus, I receive Him in the most intimate way humanly possible. And thanks for your prayers.
You have sex with Jesus?
It's probably just one of your pedophile priests in a costume.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455152 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if you agree with ANYTHING that I post. I don't post to get people to agree with me. I post the Biblical Truth and let the chips fall where they may.
as to the reason why she left Him, it is obvious, she paid more attention to the remainder of the company rather than her obligation as a surrogate mother and the responsibility that went with it.
and that is the truth as untold to catholic by their lying leaders.
MARY WAS HUMAN AND THEREFORE NOT PERFECT
as Catholicism lies about.
I am not perfect. one night, I pulled out of the church without Jessie(she was about 4) and I went back to get her and she was playing the piano. we ALL make mistakes, and I told that because it is easy to lose track of your children.
Cathie thought that I had got her and I thought she had. in our case, we had only pulled out of the church parking lot.
Sorry cowboy but in this you are scoring one for the Catholics..Imo

Injecting whatever your ideas on Mary are.
Yes she and Joseph thought HE WAS WITH others that day..when they looked fir Him THAT day He was nit among them ..They went back.

And found Him doing Gods,business as stated..GOD wanted this..He allowed fir this .We don't know why..But structurally here you are wrong. Sorry

Ok on Gids,plan. I REPEAT

]Now here is some real conjecture for us.
Who were.these men in the temple??

We're they important for Jesus to meet??

We know of a few who might have been around then.
GAMALIEL, who was a great Jewish s leader later on.and one who did NOT persecute Christians.
Do you know his father's name?? It was SIMEON..coukd he b e the same Simeon who saw Jesus as a,baby
What about Joseph of Arimethea..might he have been there.
Everything in the bible has meaning.
And the meaning of this instance in time is NOT that Mary was a bad mother..nor Joseph a bad dad.
It is that GOD WANTED JESUS TO BE IN THE TEMPLE SHIWING HIS. KNOWLEDGE AND DOING HIS FATHERS WORK.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#455153 Jun 21, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A question to ask would be why they would rebuke Jesus asking how could he do this to them? It implies plans were made. Regardless I dont think the intent of the Story is to prove Mary was a rotten Mother who should have gone to Jail as implied by Preston. Jesus was going from boyhood to Manhood and they still did not understand his purpose and were perplexed by his answer. Preston still is. For someone to use this to berate the woman chosen to rear the saviour and say she was a bad Mom and Jesus had no respect for her as implied many times in different ways by Preston while proclaiming his Mother a Saintly woman who would never do such a thing. Well She raised him thats all I need to know. Obviously God made a huge mistake with this as Preston calls her surrogate. I wonder if she had an abortion it would make him feel better. At some point degredation of this blessed woman has to stop. I can go down to the shopping center on any given day and lots of absolutely horrible, awful and sinful mothers that lose track of their children for a moment and spend time looking for them. Preson makes it sound like they didnt notice he was gone for 4 days while they were drinking and smoking pot. Yeah, Im sure thats the message being sent. Glad to see some Protestants finally saying something to this man who proclaims himself an Apostle.
Dust Storm

I know that I am guilty of interpreting the scriptures according to my own understanding. And I suspect most people who read the Bible do too.

When we declare our opinion as being the Truth, that's when bad things start happening.

It took me a long time to learn that I must pray(generally a long time) before I read scripture. Like most people, I took it as a learning experience, and tried to understand as I went along. But I have found it better to pray for learning and understanding, after getting myself "right" with God(confessing my sins, guilt), and then reading the Bible.

Location hidden

#455154 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Missing the mark" covers it.
We don't torture and kill people or their ancestors for "missing the mark" in society today...we are more civilized than that.
It seems your deity is not.

Location hidden

#455155 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...
Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).
Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
<quoted text>
This word, "kecharitomene" may be Greek but does not appear in any Bible I have ever read. Strong has no number for this word. This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate.
The word used in REAL Christian Bibles is G5487 - CHARITOO, which when translated has these meanings.....
to make graceful, charming, lovely, agreeable, to peruse with grace, compass with favour, to honour with blessings
The word CHARITOO only appears in the Christian Bible in two places. This word applies to the expressions captialized and in parentheses.
Luke 1:28, "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou (THAT ARE HIGHLY FAVOURED), the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
Ephesians 1:6, "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein (HE HATH MADE) us accepted in the beloved."
If a Roman Catholic has issues they should locate a real Bible and read it. Not the Roman Catholic version of their so-called bible.
Herein is the rub....none of these dialects apply to the Bible...

Here are the five main dialects of ancient Greek that have been found on inscriptions. They are divided based on geography, with regional subdivisions. Following the ancient dialects are the other, more modern Greek languages.
1. Attic-Ionic Greek (represented in literature)

Ionic
East Ionic
Central Ionic
West Ionic
Attic (the Greek spoken in Attica, which includes Athens).
2. Achaean

Arcadian
Cyprian
Pamphylian

3. Aeolic (represented in literature)

Lesbian
Thessalian
Boeotian

4. Doric (represented in literature)

Laconian-Heraclean
Messenian
Argolic
Megarian,
Corinthian
Rhodian
Theran-Melian
Coan-Calymnian
Cretan

5. Northwest Greek

Phocian
Locrian
Elean
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455156 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Most protestants don't harbor such ill will towards Mary, I think they truly misunderstand Catholic teaching. In Preston's case, I think he has some unresolved issues with his own mother.
I agree Anthony.
wow, I just came around the island on White Bear Lake and looked at the sky! I guess I ought to get off topix and get the boat out of the water!! That looks like tornado stuff!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455157 Jun 21, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
I think, the central person in this story is Jesus. And as he was turning into a man, about his Father's business, we find Jesus amongst the teachers in the sacred area, the Temple. In a sense for me, it is the beginning of his preaching. We often think of Jesus' career beginning about 20 years later. Jesus went to the Jerusalem Temple and taught. He leads us as a child.
And he was left behind. Doesn't this remind a person that God led the Jews out of Egypt, and protected them, going before and behind them, and was in their midst?
Exactly.

And hadn't thought of Egypt .
Just the more I thought on this it became clear that God wanted this.

Funny how some little things get mire meaning as you think mire thoroughly on what us in the bible.

A great Christian authors I read the THOENEs..every book and word in the bible mean something GOD wants to convey.

I can speculate as,I did in last post ..But the main thing is,JESUS WAS THERE DOING HIS FATHERS BUSINESS.

Location hidden

#455158 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're letting off her a little. Make up your mind. Earlier you posted about Mary abandoning Jesus and how she'd be asserted under todays laws....
Is Our Lords Mother a criminal or not? Don't run away Pastor. You said it...
I have showed you that Mary was not perfect nor sinless as you catholics lie about her.

she made a mistake that today would and possibly have her sent to prison.

I don't back off of that and why should I? it is the truth.

show me where she was sinless, where does the bible confirm that? I have read, taught and preached the Bible for almost 30 years, and what I read about her, she leaves Him alone, she is outside the gate while he is preaching, but think God when he arose, and on that 50th day after Him Arisisng, she was filled with the Holy Ghost in that Upper Room along with his Brothers.

Location hidden

#455159 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit side stepping Preston.
Why do you base your entire image of her on that episode?
Most most would say that's Biblical recklessness.
show us where God elevated mary to be queen of heaven. I show you Biblical truths about her. your cult makes up lies.lol

Location hidden

#455160 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
:)
So Jehovah told you to preach your version of Christianity, and told you direct that he would save you for your efforts?
You are nuttier than a fruitcake.
He saved me first, then told me to preach HIS version of the Gospel. Salvation IS A GIFT.
I love pecans and walnuts. He made them, and they are VERY nutritious.(Maybe you need some...deficient, you know.)
KayMarie
You are what you eat...

Location hidden

#455161 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop here.
"This word only appears in what we call Roman Catholic bibles and was mis-translated from the Latin Vulgate"
According to whom was it "mis-translated"? I'll need a citation here and not from an anonymous website or preacher.
Thanks
This is your problem....Greek is not necessarily Greek!!!! None of these dialects have any application to the NT..

Here are the five main dialects of ancient Greek that have been found on inscriptions. They are divided based on geography, with regional subdivisions. Following the ancient dialects are the other, more modern Greek languages.
1. Attic-Ionic Greek (represented in literature)

Ionic
East Ionic
Central Ionic
West Ionic
Attic (the Greek spoken in Attica, which includes Athens).
2. Achaean

Arcadian
Cyprian
Pamphylian

3. Aeolic (represented in literature)

Lesbian
Thessalian
Boeotian

4. Doric (represented in literature)

Laconian-Heraclean
Messenian
Argolic
Megarian,
Corinthian
Rhodian
Theran-Melian
Coan-Calymnian
Cretan

5. Northwest Greek

Phocian
Locrian
Elean

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455162 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Anthony.
wow, I just came around the island on White Bear Lake and looked at the sky! I guess I ought to get off topix and get the boat out of the water!! That looks like tornado stuff!
Ugh be careful..

Location hidden

#455163 Jun 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry cowboy but in this you are scoring one for the Catholics..Imo
Injecting whatever your ideas on Mary are.
Yes she and Joseph thought HE WAS WITH others that day..when they looked fir Him THAT day He was nit among them ..They went back.
And found Him doing Gods,business as stated..GOD wanted this..He allowed fir this .We don't know why..But structurally here you are wrong. Sorry
Ok on Gids,plan. I REPEAT
]Now here is some real conjecture for us.
Who were.these men in the temple??
We're they important for Jesus to meet??
We know of a few who might have been around then.
GAMALIEL, who was a great Jewish s leader later on.and one who did NOT persecute Christians.
Do you know his father's name?? It was SIMEON..coukd he b e the same Simeon who saw Jesus as a,baby
What about Joseph of Arimethea..might he have been there.
Everything in the bible has meaning.
And the meaning of this instance in time is NOT that Mary was a bad mother..nor Joseph a bad dad.
It is that GOD WANTED JESUS TO BE IN THE TEMPLE SHIWING HIS. KNOWLEDGE AND DOING HIS FATHERS WORK.
you don't have a clue as who was there or who was not. Gamaliel come on the scene 30 years or more LATER. SO DONT PROJECT. STICK WITH WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.

NOR IS IT IMPORTANT.

MOTHERS HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO SAFEGUARD THEIR CHILDREN. AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE. SHE LEFT HIM.AND TEHRE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web