Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,486
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454805 Jun 21, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The WORD was,made,flesh and dwelt amongst us
Correct. Preston said the bible is God.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#454806 Jun 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You mean a FLYING MEATBALL...LOL
No - the Flying Spaghetti Monster - meatballs don't have tentacles, but the FSM does.

"He" doesn't care wht religion you are, because "He" loves everyone and shows it by wrapping them in "His" noodly goodness of spaghetti tentacles.

You haven't studied the FSM, huh?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#454807 Jun 21, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
From Question 3 of the Summa: Since we cannot know concerning God what He is, but what He is not, we cannot consider about God in what way He is, but rather in what way He is not. First therefor it is to be considered in what way He is not; secondly in what way He is known by us; thirdly, in what way He is named
I'm now officially dizzy.

Thanks Regina - you really have taken the term 'double-talk', and went hog wild with it here!! WOW!!

:o)
Clay

United States

#454808 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Encyclopedia:
The Bible, as the inspired recorded of revelation, contains the word of God; that is, it contains those revealed truths which the Holy Ghost wishes to be transmitted in writing.
Clay....why do you not believe what your religion teaches????
Read my last paragraph dummy. I said exactly that. Now go antagonize someone else. Lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#454809 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense again.
John 6 25:59 says what it says, yet you and your fellows dismiss it.
No more lectures from you, if you please, on "fables".
No more lectures from you, if you please, on "fables".

The Bible describes your... one.. false .. church.. of.. apostasy

this is the reason that The Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy,,,

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

(Paul knew there would be apostate churches such as the Roman Catholic Church..)

HE PROPHESIED ABOUT IT...AND THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ... FULFILLS IT

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things,

endure afflictions,

do the work of an evangelist,

make full proof of thy ministry.

#454811 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Preston said the bible is God.
~~~

The Bible is the word of God

Jesus is the word made flesh

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Palmist David wrote

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Now demonstrate to us ..how that you separate GOD'S WORD FROM HIMSELF

Albuquerque, NM

#454812 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
God listens to Deep Purple anyway.
;o)

"Hush"??

"Space Truckin'"?

aaahhh...."Highway Star"!!

:o)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#454813 Jun 21, 2013
Look into his past and you'll see plenty to explain this. I say this now with emphasis on the now Jesuit pope we now have serving the Catholic community...or is it the other way around?

Behold the whore Catholic church. All the kings of the Earth have mingled with her and shall face judgement.

#454814 Jun 21, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I wouldn't worship either. Are you of the same mindset as Preston? Has the bible become your idol?

God I worship...but I am SO grateful for His Word that He has given us, and EXTREMELY grateful that He has allowed us the privilege to READ/study what He has to say.

KayMarie

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454815 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Let me get this straight. The Roman Catholics on this forum believe the catholic church and the Roman Catholic church are the same animal. Correct?
<quoted text>
Thank you Seraphima. I take it bow wow means yes. LOL LOL
Might I add, without judgement, your posts with Regina are very angry. At one time you two were friends, correct? Please do not allow her to reduce you to her level. Instead of going down to her level....lift her up to your level. Forgive her. When you forgive her there will be two people set free and one of them will be you. You are a wonderful woman of God and I appreciate your honesty and kind spirit.
You are very correct.This post touch my heart deeply.yes regina and I were once friends but no longer are.I will do as you say and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your concern for me....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454816 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You blatantly, willfully break the commandments of God...
Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
You can deny it til you stand before God and give and account to Him...
I worship only God in the Blessed Trinity, He knows it and I know it. Your opinion means nothing. Speaking of the Commandments, ever hear the one about bearing false witness?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454817 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the bible is not God marge, despite preston's and your insistance.
Actually, if a god exists, and the god has a conscience, the god ought to burn all religious literature, and that would solve at least some of the problems that infect the brains of ignorant humans.

Location hidden

#454818 Jun 21, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes, we're all nuts except you.
Don't forget, you were the one who made those ugly, spiteful remarks about the Church, not us. You seem surprised that we didn't just sit back and let you do so without saying something. You bared your fangs, Seraphima, and we called you on it, all of us, not just me. But for some reason you think you can get away with your nonsense more with me than the others. That's typical of a coward. You have no respect for anyone, that much is obvious. Well, that's fine.
You've spoken volumes about who and what you are since your little diatribe against the Church. An abortion indeed! The Bride of Frankenstein! Don't try to put your sins on me or anyone else. They're yours, you own them. Anthony tried to get you to apologize, but you wouldn't do it. You still won't. Instead you inflict further insults. Yes, we're called to pray for people like you, and so we do, just as we show respect to your church and do not belittle your beliefs.
Thank you for your exhibition. It's been....revealing, to say the least.
Ditto....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454819 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible is the word of God
Jesus is the word made flesh
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
The Palmist David wrote
Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
Now demonstrate to us ..how that you separate GOD'S WORD FROM HIMSELF
You're not able to seperate paper and ink from God?

Location hidden

#454820 Jun 21, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes, we're all nuts except you.
Don't forget, you were the one who made those ugly, spiteful remarks about the Church, not us. You seem surprised that we didn't just sit back and let you do so without saying something. You bared your fangs, Seraphima, and we called you on it, all of us, not just me. But for some reason you think you can get away with your nonsense more with me than the others. That's typical of a coward. You have no respect for anyone, that much is obvious. Well, that's fine.
You've spoken volumes about who and what you are since your little diatribe against the Church. An abortion indeed! The Bride of Frankenstein! Don't try to put your sins on me or anyone else. They're yours, you own them. Anthony tried to get you to apologize, but you wouldn't do it. You still won't. Instead you inflict further insults. Yes, we're called to pray for people like you, and so we do, just as we show respect to your church and do not belittle your beliefs.
Thank you for your exhibition. It's been....revealing, to say the least.
You spend to much time in the COMPUTER WORLD.try having a normal REAL life!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454821 Jun 21, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
I wouldn't worship either. Are you of the same mindset as Preston? Has the bible become your idol?
God I worship...but I am SO grateful for His Word that He has given us, and EXTREMELY grateful that He has allowed us the privilege to READ/study what He has to say.
KayMarie
I'm grateful for Sacred Scripture too, but I don't worship it, or statues or icons.

Location hidden

#454822 Jun 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Let me get this straight. The Roman Catholics on this forum believe the catholic church and the Roman Catholic church are the same animal. Correct?
<quoted text>
Thank you Seraphima. I take it bow wow means yes. LOL LOL
Might I add, without judgement, your posts with Regina are very angry. At one time you two were friends, correct? Please do not allow her to reduce you to her level. Instead of going down to her level....lift her up to your level. Forgive her. When you forgive her there will be two people set free and one of them will be you. You are a wonderful woman of God and I appreciate your honesty and kind spirit.
I dont know about lifting her up. I would need a forklift to do that.She's pretty heavey with meanness! LOL..

#454823 Jun 21, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You called the bible God. We're not ignorant enough to do that.

Quit twisting their/our intent, Anthony. What you need is a REAL RESPECT FOR GOD'S WORD. "IF you love ME, KEEP (love, honor, obey) MY commandments (Word).

KayMarie

Location hidden

#454824 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we venerate (show respect to/honor) statues and icons. No, we do not offer divine worship to anyone/anything except the Blessed Trinity.
You deny the English dictionary word definition of "venerate" is:- worship - show devotion to (a deity); "Many Hindus worship Shiva"

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

#454825 Jun 21, 2013
Jesus was God's word put to death..

God's word that died ( was put out of existence) on Calvary's cross

was

Eze_18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul ---> that sinneth, it shall die. <---

Eze_18:20 ---> The soul that sinneth, it shall die.<-- The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

" No longer is it ..."The soul that sinneth shall surly die"

BUT

through the sacrifice of the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST

Mercy and pardon came into EXISTENCE...

the law of sin and death was fulfilled AND NOW GRACE

IS EXTENDED TO ALL MANKIND

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

jESUS SAID

Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 28 min Crazy 9,019
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 1 hr SirPrize 11
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 20 hr swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 5
More from around the web