Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454859 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You need cult-deprogramming ... BIG TIME!
You need to take a break from topix for ten min while the adults talk.
Maybe you and Ox can go color or somethin. Come back later and antagonize us. Maybe a Christian will snap on you today, then you'll feel better about your mission!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454860 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Catholics show much more respect for sacred scriptures than the Protestant celebrations that I've seen. We participate in the Bible. The Church is the Bible put into motion.
these guys get to read all about it without ever partaking in it.
you just amen'd a liar. I just showed that even your church(what a surprise) believe the Bible is the Word of God.

Are Catholics into the Bible?

Catholics and Evangelicals are in total agreement that the Bible is the Word of God. It is the most happening book on the planet.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454861 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...
Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).
Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
?

Divine Grace is of no effect?

Really, Ox?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454862 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You never did answer my question. When exactly did the Jewish god in the sky call on you to preach your Protestant religion as the one and only truth???
:)
~~~

I have no reason nor responsibility to answer you...

Apparently...Your only objective here on the forum...is to accuse and confuse...

If you were an honest seeker of truth...I would respond..

But in your present spiritual condition...

I will not waste my time responding to you.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#454863 Jun 21, 2013
it is written
they come with great miracle
its not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
para modern evil program..
byyyyyyyy

Location hidden

#454864 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my last paragraph dummy. I said exactly that. Now go antagonize someone else. Lol
Your words:
Btw, I wouldn't say the Bible IS the Word of God, but rather CONTAINS the Word of God. We know this because the Catholic Church told us it does.

You don't understand what you said?????
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#454865 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...
Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).
Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
Climb aboard the word-wagon and it will take you to bliss in a hereafter. REST ASSURED!

Follow MY words, and they will never lead you astray!

Silly stuff indeed!

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454866 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Divine Grace is of no effect?
Really, Ox?
It's true!!! It must be! We can read the words right in front of us.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454867 Jun 21, 2013
truth wrote:
it is written
they come with great miracle
its not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
para modern evil program..
byyyyyyyy
What you write is all true. It was written and so it is true.

#454868 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't call my catechism God. Preston does, and you haven't yet denied it.
I will ask my former

question

HOW DO YOU SEPARATE GOD FROM HIS WORD?

IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER ...THEN ...YOUR ABOVE STATEMENT IS MOOT.

Preston IS RIGHT ON...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454869 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were an honest seeker of truth...I would respond..
I AM a seeker of truth. You, on the other hand claim you were called by a god of the Jews to preach your own version of Protestantism.

I want you to tell me exactly WHEN this god called you to his service.

That should not be too much to ask of such a proud servant of a god.

Location hidden

#454870 Jun 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The source text is what it is, and you seemed to have NO issue with Greek when you threw out "charitoo" as a rejoinder earlier.
Wrong is wrong, and you were wrong.
That changes not the truth: I don't see evidence that the Catholics ever used, or are presently using, any Syriac version of the Bible..

And I remember not "throwing out charitoo"...please refresh my memory...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454871 Jun 21, 2013
Some bozo picks up a bible, reads some words, and says to self "I'VE BEEN CALLED BY GOD TO PREACH!!!"

Stupid people.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454872 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Willing to learn...give me the Catholic interpretation of: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...
The Church does not go line-by-line infallibly interpreting the bible. Here's a good explanation;

Rom. 3:23 - Some Protestants use this verse "all have sinned" in an attempt to prove that Mary was also with sin. But "all have sinned " only means that all are subject to original sin. Mary was spared from original sin by God, not herself. The popular analogy is God let us fall in the mud puddle, and cleaned us up afterward through baptism. In Mary's case, God did not let her enter the mud puddle.

Rom. 3:23 - "all have sinned" also refers only to those able to commit sin. This is not everyone. For example, infants, the retarded, and the senile cannot sin.

Rom. 3:23 - finally, "all have sinned," but Jesus must be an exception to this rule. This means that Mary can be an exception as well. Note that the Greek word for all is "pantes."

1 Cor. 15:22 - in Adam all ("pantes") have died, and in Christ all ("pantes") shall live. This proves that "all" does not mean "every single one." This is because not all have died (such as Enoch and Elijah who were taken up to heaven), and not all will go to heaven (because Jesus said so).

Rom. 5:12 - Paul says that death spread to all ("pantes") men. Again, this proves that "all" does not mean "every single one" because death did not spread to all men (as we have seen with Enoch and Elijah).

Rom. 5:19 - here Paul says "many (not all) were made sinners." Paul uses "polloi," not "pantes." Is Paul contradicting what he said in Rom. 3:23? Of course not. Paul means that all are subject to original sin, but not all reject God.

Rom. 3:10-11 - Protestants also use this verse to prove that all human beings are sinful and thus Mary must be sinful. But see Psalm 14 which is the basis of the verse.

Psalm 14 - this psalm does not teach that all humans are sinful. It only teaches that, among the wicked, all are sinful. The righteous continue to seek God.

Psalm 53:1-3 - "there is none that does good" expressly refers to those who have fallen away. Those who remain faithful do good, and Jesus calls such faithful people "good."

Luke 18:19 - Jesus says, "No one is good but God alone." But then in Matt. 12:35, Jesus also says "The good man out of his good treasure..." So Jesus says no one is good but God, and then calls another person good.

Rom. 9:11 - God distinguished between Jacob and Esau in the womb, before they sinned. Mary was also distinguished from the rest of humanity in the womb by being spared by God from original sin.

Luke 1:47 - Mary calls God her Savior. Some Protestants use this to denigrate Mary. Why? Of course God is Mary's Savior! She was freed from original sin in the womb (unlike us who are freed from sin outside of the womb), but needed a Savior as much as the rest of humanity.

Luke 1:48 - Mary calls herself lowly. But any creature is lowly compared to God. For example, in Matt. 11:29, even Jesus says He is lowly in heart. Lowliness is a sign of humility, which is the greatest virtue of holiness, because it allows us to empty ourselves and receive the grace of God to change our sinful lives.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#454873 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it basackwards....
Are you saying the age of accountability has Catholics?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#454874 Jun 21, 2013
see
heaven=neva eh
see
peter cross upsidedown
see words
evil=live
live=life

Do you believe in Jesus Christ.
no you not..
What Jesus Christ say;''he say turn another face if they spite over you or say something''?!
Its mean you need listen truth!
Jesus Christ listen and know it is as it is.

#454875 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask my former
question
HOW DO YOU SEPARATE GOD FROM HIS WORD?
IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER ...THEN ...YOUR ABOVE STATEMENT IS MOOT.
Preston IS RIGHT ON...
aCCORDING TO THE BIBLE Preston is right...

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and

-->the Word was with God, and

-->the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

If you were Born again you would have no problem discerning the truth

BUT

JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot

see know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Compare G3700.

the kingdom of God.

SINCE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN AGAIN YOU LIVE IN DARKNESS OF THE MIND...

~~~~

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454876 Jun 21, 2013
If I was an all-powerful creator, I would light a fire to ALL religious literature ... and then wait to see what humans would have on their agendas to fight about next.

And while I was watching the flames die to embers, I would wonder why I ever created Adam and Eve in the first place.

Religion is BUNK!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454877 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That changes not the truth: I don't see evidence that the Catholics ever used, or are presently using, any Syriac version of the Bible..
And I remember not "throwing out charitoo"...please refresh my memory...
What you post is always true. It must be, because YOU wrote it.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#454878 Jun 21, 2013
muslim say some words alali halali=forgivness

see words
try play words

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Married in 10,704
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Fri Pardon Pard 1
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec '17 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web