Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695421 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#454839 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I deny it.
More accurate is this:
And my guess is ... even if the Jew named Jesus lived ... he would deny YOU and your lies, and you would be lucky to survive the aftermath OF all the lies you preach as truth.
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454840 Jun 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Gal_5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal_5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEPARATE FAITH FROM FANTASY AND FABLES..
YOUR LUST FOR SOMETHING TANGIBLE ...THAT YOU MUS SEE WITH YOUR EYES...
DESTROYS YOUR FAITH IN/FOR THAT WHICH IS UNSEEN.
Rom_14:23 .......Rom_14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Lusting for something you see with your eyes...sounds like bible worship to me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454841 Jun 21, 2013
This is from the Catholic Encyclopedia. Would a Catholic please show me the Scripture that is the source of this teaching????

Holy Baptism holds the first place among the sacraments, because it is the door of the spiritual life; for by it we are made members of Christ and incorporated with the Church. And since through the first man death entered into all, unless we be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, we can not enter into the kingdom of Heaven, as Truth Himself has told us. The matter of this sacrament is true and natural water; and it is indifferent whether it be cold or hot. The form is: I baptize thee in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. We do not, however, deny that the words: Let this servant of Christ be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost; or: This person is baptized by my hands in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, constitute true baptism; because since the principal cause from which baptism has its efficacy is the Holy Trinity, and the instrumental cause is the minister who confers the sacrament exteriorly, then if the act exercised by the minister be expressed, together with the invocation of the Holy Trinity, the sacrament is perfected. The minister of this sacrament is the priest, to whom it belongs to baptize, by reason of his office. In case of necessity, however, not only a priest or deacon, but even a layman or woman, nay, even a pagan or heretic can baptize, provided he observes the form used by the Church, and intends to perform what the Church performs. The effect of this sacrament is the remission of all sin, original and actual; likewise of all punishment which is due for sin. As a consequence, no satisfaction for past sins is enjoined upon those who are baptized; and if they die before they commit any sin, they attain immediately to the kingdom of heaven and the vision of God.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454842 Jun 21, 2013

Is the Bible truly God's Word?

----------

Subscribe to our Question of the Week

----------

Bible God Word

Question: "Is the Bible truly God's Word?"

Answer: Our answer to this question will not only determine how we view the Bible and its importance to our lives, but also it will ultimately have an eternal impact on us. If the Bible is truly Godís Word, then we should cherish it, study it, obey it, and fully trust it. If the Bible is the Word of God, then to dismiss it is to dismiss God Himself.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.ht...
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454843 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston's post..."the Word (bible) was God." Help me understand what this is supposed to mean.
I have a tremendous respect for Sacred Scripture,in fact, you'd be pleasantly surpised to see how much we reverence Sacred Scripture in our worship. I'd invite you to watch a mass on EWTN, they show it evervy day.
Amen. Catholics show much more respect for sacred scriptures than the Protestant celebrations that I've seen. We participate in the Bible. The Church is the Bible put into motion.
these guys get to read all about it without ever partaking in it.

Location hidden

#454844 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston's post..."the Word (bible) was God." Help me understand what this is supposed to mean.
I have a tremendous respect for Sacred Scripture,in fact, you'd be pleasantly surpised to see how much we reverence Sacred Scripture in our worship. I'd invite you to watch a mass on EWTN, they show it evervy day.
lol, there is a difference between GIF and your mass(lol). they show it, he reads and absorbs it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454845 Jun 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
These devout Christians make a liar out of the very one they profess to honor!
They KNOW that a Jew would never support a religion so foreign to Judaism as is Christianity. They KNOW that and yet they keep on preaching lie after lie, after lie.
And that in theological terminology is BLASPHEMY!!!
YOU ARE RIGHT ON TARGET...IN YOUR MISSION...OF ACCUSATIONS

Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:

for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

RECKONING DAY WILL COME...SOON
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454846 Jun 21, 2013
In one leap John jumped from the old testament as a Jew ... to land (centuries later) in a new "book of lies" to baptize another Jew into a Catholic religion.

Had Jesus not been converted to Catholicism, he would not have been caught dead or alive forgiving sins in Catholic confessionals.

YOU know it, and I know it.

I admit it ... but you DON'T.

The theology is based on LIES, and the more you preach lie, the more entrenched IN the lies you become.
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454847 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if the Bible is not the [Word of God] to you, what then do you consider it?lol
The bible is the written Word of God. It's not God.

Since you consider your KJV to be God, do you bow down to it and offer divine worship to it? If not, why not?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454848 Jun 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Catholics show much more respect for sacred scriptures than the Protestant celebrations that I've seen. We participate in the Bible. The Church is the Bible put into motion.
these guys get to read all about it without ever partaking in it.
You need cult-deprogramming ... BIG TIME!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454849 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lusting for something you see with your eyes...sounds like bible worship to me.
Look at it any way you please

But to come to that conclusion ...you bring you self under condemnation

for you worship your Catechism...

that has can claim no inspiration...whatsoever...

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Location hidden

#454850 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
MUST READ TO SHOW YOUR EVIL PERSONNA.

Catholics and Evangelicals are in total agreement that the Bible is the Word of God. It is the most happening book on the planet

http://www.catholicbridge.com/catholic/bible_...

feel free to mock what we believe, except for you mr Anthony.lol
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454851 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You never did answer my question. When exactly did the Jewish god in the sky call on you to preach your Protestant religion as the one and only truth???

:)

Location hidden

#454852 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Full" of grace means 100% grace filled and 0% sin. A sinless, clean vessel, virgin, virgin evermore, immaculate conception is "Full" of grace.
You can be full of grace past your eyeballs...but that does not mean you are sinless, a clean vessel, a virgin evermore, have been immaculated (new word) concepted (new word)...

Per the Greek word that is translated into "grace"...

charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).

Add the word "full" in front of any of these definitions...and you will see the truth that you cannot accept...
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454853 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, there is a difference between GIF and your mass(lol). they show it, he reads and absorbs it.
And other sola scriptura protestants who read and "absorb" it disagree with him.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454854 Jun 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Is the Bible truly God's Word?
----------
Subscribe to our Question of the Week
----------
Bible God Word
Question: "Is the Bible truly God's Word?"
Answer: Our answer to this question will not only determine how we view the Bible and its importance to our lives, but also it will ultimately have an eternal impact on us. If the Bible is truly Godís Word, then we should cherish it, study it, obey it, and fully trust it. If the Bible is the Word of God, then to dismiss it is to dismiss God Himself.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.ht...
Nobody is dismissing the Bible sir, except you guys.
How come the Book of Tobit isn't the word of God and what authority determined it?
You guys don't even have enough Bible. You're missing 7 Books because Luther told everyone the Jews didn't have them in their canon. He conveniently forgot to tell you that the Jews didn't have a canon until after Christianity was started. Literally, the same Jews who crucified Our Lord, determined the Protestant OT canon.
When Paul says all scripture is useful, he was likely speaking about Tobit, Sirach, Maccabees 1 & 2 ...

No? What makes you deny this?

Location hidden

#454855 Jun 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic interpretation of the bible trumps your interpretation of the bible.
Willing to learn...give me the Catholic interpretation of: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#454856 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU ARE RIGHT ON TARGET...IN YOUR MISSION...OF ACCUSATIONS
Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:
for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
You REALLY would be in withdrawal if you couldn't pummel others with your supposed frightening scriptures.

You USE your favorite scriptures as a body builder uses steroids.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454857 Jun 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
This is from the Catholic Encyclopedia. Would a Catholic please show me the Scripture that is the source of this teaching????
Holy Baptism holds the first place among the sacraments, because it is the door of the spiritual life; for by it we are made members of Christ and incorporated with the Church. And since through the first man death entered into all, unless we be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, we can not enter into the kingdom of Heaven, as Truth Himself has told us. The matter of this sacrament is true and natural water; and it is indifferent whether it be cold or hot. The form is: I baptize thee in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. We do not, however, deny that the words: Let this servant of Christ be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost; or: This person is baptized by my hands in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, constitute true baptism; because since the principal cause from which baptism has its efficacy is the Holy Trinity, and the instrumental cause is the minister who confers the sacrament exteriorly, then if the act exercised by the minister be expressed, together with the invocation of the Holy Trinity, the sacrament is perfected. The minister of this sacrament is the priest, to whom it belongs to baptize, by reason of his office. In case of necessity, however, not only a priest or deacon, but even a layman or woman, nay, even a pagan or heretic can baptize, provided he observes the form used by the Church, and intends to perform what the Church performs. The effect of this sacrament is the remission of all sin, original and actual; likewise of all punishment which is due for sin. As a consequence, no satisfaction for past sins is enjoined upon those who are baptized; and if they die before they commit any sin, they attain immediately to the kingdom of heaven and the vision of God.
John 3:5 relates Christ teaching the necessity of and matter of (water) Baptism.

Matthew 28 18:19(below) relates Christ teaching the Form of Baptism:

18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,

All this is IN the Catholic Encyclopedia you excerpted. Very lazy, Ox.

Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#454858 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Look at it any way you please
But to come to that conclusion ...you bring you self under condemnation
for you worship your Catechism...
that has can claim no inspiration...whatsoever...
2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
I don't call my catechism God. Preston does, and you haven't yet denied it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 15 Eyes on Christ 10,730
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan 21 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web