Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,925)

Showing posts 438,481 - 438,500 of511,840
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
You're requiring her to be omniscient, and that's God's province.
You are being silly. Mary knew that He was the Savior of the world. To think that He might have lost His mind (as they said), only shows her to be human as the rest of us.
She was pure and dedicated to God, she obviously was not omniscient.
KayMarie
Cult deprogrammers would have quite a task to deprogram you.

You would have to be chained to a post and not be allowed to play games with scriptures, and the withdrawal itself would be a major catastrophe to you.

The bible could live without you ... but it would tough sledding in deed for you to live without the bible.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Billy Graham also found it enthralling to stand in front of massive crowds and preach that only Christians would be saved.

Now he preaches that people don't have to be Christian to be saved.

Did he lie then or is he lying now?

I wonder what HE thinks about his own blatterings that continued decade after decade???

Was his preaching a gift ... or (in theological terminology) was it a "curse?"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult deprogrammers would have quite a task to deprogram you.
You would have to be chained to a post and not be allowed to play games with scriptures, and the withdrawal itself would be a major catastrophe to you.
The bible could live without you ... but it would tough sledding in deed for you to live without the bible.
~~~
IT IS BECAUSE OF FAITH IN GOD AND THE FULFILLING OF THE WORD'S OF THE BIBLE THAT MY WIFE IS ALIVE..

AND PEOPLES SUCH AS YOU ...

would rather that she had been an unbeliever...

AND WOULD HAVE had a feeling of accomplishment SHOULD SHE HAVE DIED...

MISERY LOVES COMPANY...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

War Against Christianity:(KM)

Obama offends Catholics in the UK, says religious schools are divisive
June 19, 2013 by Cheryl Carpenter Klimek 911 Comments

The Catholic media is up in arms over comments President Obama made during a speech while in Northern Ireland for the G8 summit. Obama made what is described as “an alarming call for an end to Catholic education,” in spite of the fact that it is considered “a critical component of the Church.”
Fr John Zuhlsdorf

Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
Photo credit: Facebook

In front of an audience of about 2,000 young people, including many Catholics, Obama claimed that Catholic education divides people and blocks peace, according to the Scottish Catholic Observer.

“If towns remain divided—if Catholics have their schools and buildings and Protestants have theirs, if we can’t see ourselves in one another and fear or resentment are allowed to harden—that too encourages division and discourages cooperation,” Obama said.

Catholic World News noted:

Ironically, President Obama made his comments just as Archbishop Gerhard Müller, the prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, told a crowd in Scotland that religious education upholds the dignity of the human person. Archbishop Müller said that Catholic schools should promote “all that is good in the philosophies of societies and human culture.”

Fr. John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article on Fr. Z’s blog and added:

Another example of what this man wants: total isolation of any religious values in the private sphere alone. Pres. Obama is working either to intimidate or legislate or even TAX religious freedom out of the public square.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a foreign visit to a Islamic nation where he told people on his arrival that they shouldn’t have madrasas. Can you?

Did he when visiting, say, Israel, say “You Jews shouldn’t have synagogue schools and you muslims shouldn’t have mosque schools.” I can’t remember. Did he?

Each of the articles drew numerous public comments, most suggesting that Obama be more concerned about the public schools in the United States than their parochial schools, which are working just fine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's the only way they can keep people in their congregations. They gotta lie.
Don't get me wrong, Constantine was very influential in bringing about order in Christianity. But the man did nothing to infiltrate the teachings from the Church. The Catholic Church instructed Constantine on what was truth. NOT the other way around.
The thing is, these guys like Old Jay Gee already know this. But they feel their hands are washed by recycling age old Protestant Propaganda that has absolutely no historical basis. Its just a fantasy scenario that they used te justify going against the Church.
Have a great day, Dan.
The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately A.D. 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church?

On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine “legalized” Christianity with the Edict of Milan in A.D. 313. Later, in A.D. 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.

Why did it take Christ over 300 years to build His church...which Catholic erronously clain is the Catholic Church!!!!????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's the only way they can keep people in their congregations. They gotta lie.
Don't get me wrong, Constantine was very influential in bringing about order in Christianity. But the man did nothing to infiltrate the teachings from the Church. The Catholic Church instructed Constantine on what was truth. NOT the other way around.
The thing is, these guys like Old Jay Gee already know this. But they feel their hands are washed by recycling age old Protestant Propaganda that has absolutely no historical basis. Its just a fantasy scenario that they used te justify going against the Church.
Have a great day, Dan.
Why do you ignore the teaching of your own Bible??????

NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong's Greek lexicon...
Highly favoured: caritow charitoo, khar-ee-to'-o to grace, i.e. indue with special honor:--make accepted, be highly favoured.
It does not say "full of grace"..
It does not say "sinless"..
It does not say "clean vessel"..
It does not say "virgin"..
It does not say "virgin evermore".
It does not say "immaculate conception"...
Any teachings to the contrary, which is what the Catholics do, is not Christian...and are lies..
Mary was a virgin
.when Jesus was conceived..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your "fullest and best translation", as all I've viewed translate it as "full of grace".
as I stated last night. the words" full of grace" are only used twice in the New testament. once in Acts and also in John.

the [correct] Greek words for "full of grace" are "plaras karitos". now you can accept that or your lies about other words that you allege mean "full of grace". I don't care. you were a liar and a deceiver ever since you appeared on this forum and to be honest, I never missed you while you were gone a few months ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm refuting "sola Scriptura".
That's NOT IN the Word of God, so I'm not in the hellfire derby here, thanks anyway.
If he following Scripture is not the Word of God...whose word is it!!!!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "perfect" "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "perfect" more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

The Bible is sufficient...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUTH has, is and will "ALWAYS" remain in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, as it has for over 2000 years, with the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of God GRACE. Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. You bible only "fundies" continue to "spin your wheels" (going round and round in circles) with the rest of your other 42,000 inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting Protestant self-interpreting "bible" editorialists..... There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 individual bible only "relative truths" that contradict each other!!!!!
NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been "proven wrong" over and over and over again, for more than 2000 years since the time of Jesus Christ!!
Horse puckett...
Roberta G

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
SBC teaches...from Scripture:
VII. Baptism and the Lord's Supper
Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
If you "find" Scripture that you say teaches the opposite...you have a fallible Bible...or you are misunderstanding what you read...not capable of understanding, or you are ignoring God's Word and following the piped piper from Rome..
Jesus said "Take and eat, this IS My body." He did NOT say "Take and eat, this SYMBOLIZES My body. "

I believe it because JESUS said it, not because the Pope did.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>John 3:5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit."
You know, Dan, I gotta admit that's pretty solid back-up. Nevertheless, I'm not sure that it means that you cannot be saved WITHOUT baptism. After all, we have no reason to think that the thief crucified next to Jesus was baptised, yet we KNOW that HE was saved, because Jesus said so.
Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him,“Truly I tell you, today you will be with Me in paradise.”
Baptism is desirable for many reasons, not least of which is that it is one of the means of receiving God's grace. And although we can't see into anyone's heart and know who truly belongs to Jesus and who does not, I personally would question the salvation of anyone who had the chance to be baptised and refused it.
Nevertheless, I still don't see how baptism is REQUIRED for salvation. If a new believer got hit and killed by a bus the day before he was to baptised, do you think the Lord would condemn him instead? God doesn't play "Gotcha" games.
By the way, I was baptised when I was two days old. I wasn't expected to survive, so I was baptised at the hospital where I was born :)
Special to all you pinheads who don't believe in infant baptism: Save your breath. If God is omnipotent--capable of doing ANYTHING--then He is also capable of communicating with a baby, and planting a seed of faith in the baby's heart. I certainly believe He did with me.
I'm simply taking it at face.

'No Baptism, no Kingdom of God' is what's being said.

As you say, God is indeed omnipotent can except whom He wishes (the thief, et. al).

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was a virgin
~~~

According to the Bible

Mary was a virtuous woman

but as the mother of

Jesus, James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and

their sisters

She was no longer a virgin.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong's Greek lexicon...
Highly favoured: caritow charitoo, khar-ee-to'-o to grace, i.e. indue with special honor:--make accepted, be highly favoured.
It does not say "full of grace"..
It does not say "sinless"..
It does not say "clean vessel"..
It does not say "virgin"..
It does not say "virgin evermore".
It does not say "immaculate conception"...
Any teachings to the contrary, which is what the Catholics do, is not Christian...and are lies..
"to grace".

You're fundamentally dishonest or you're illiterate.

Either way, you just proved me right.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If he following Scripture is not the Word of God...whose word is it!!!!
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "perfect" "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "perfect" more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
The Bible is sufficient...
Sola Scriptura, the words and the premise, are unbiblical.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

More News...KM

(Toluca City, Mexico)—There were extraordinary scenes on the final day of a Christian medical conference when a famed heart doctor produced evidence of how, after he had prayed for a patient who had died and was being prepared for the morgue, "he was brought back to life after prayer." (Photo: ASSIST News)

Dr. Chauncey W. Crandall IV, who serves at the Palm Beach Cardiovascular Clinic in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, made his dramatic presentation on June 15, 2013, on the final day of the 10th Annual World Christian Doctors Network (WCDN) conference in Toluca City, Mexico, which brought together some 350 doctors and medical professionals from 24 countries.

Dr. Crandall began by saying that the dramatic incident took place on October 29, 2006, when an auto mechanic, Jeff Markin, walked into the Emergency Room at the Palm Beach Gardens Hospital and collapsed from a massive heart attack.

"We had a fifty-three year old man who came to the emergency room with a massive heart attack and actually his heart had stopped," he said. "The medical people had worked on him for over forty minutes in the emergency room and then declared him dead.

"They called me in to evaluate the patient towards the end of his treatment where they had unsuccessfully tried to revive him. The nurse was preparing his body to be taken down to the morgue when the Holy Spirit told me to 'turn around and pray for that man.' When the Holy Spirit talks to you, you have to respond. It's sometimes a quiet voice and this was a quiet voice and to honor the Lord I did turn around and I went to the side of that stretcher where his body was being prepared.

Dr. Crandall"There was no life in the man. His face and feet and arms were completely black with death and I sat next to his body and I prayed,'Lord, Father; how am I going to pray for this man? He's dead. What can I do?' All of a sudden, these words came out of my mouth,'Father, God, I cry out for the soul of this man if he does not know You as his Lord and Savior, please raise him from the dead right now in Jesus name.'" (Photo: ASSIST News)

He then asked a colleague to "shock him one more time" and, Crandall said, he seemed puzzled as there didn't seem any hope for the man, but out of respect he did just that.

"It was amazing as a couple minutes later, we were looking at the monitor and all of a sudden a heartbeat showed up. It was a perfect beat; a normal beat; and then after a couple more minutes, he started moving and then his fingers were moving and then his toes began moving and then he started mumbling words.

"There was a nurse in the room—she wasn't a Believer—and she screamed out and said 'Doctor Crandall, what have you done to this patient?' And I said,'All I've done is cry out for his soul in Jesus name.'

"We quickly rushed the gentleman down to the intensive care unit, and the hospital was by now buzzing about the fact that a dead man had been brought back to life. After a couple of days he woke up. He had an amazing story to tell after I had asked him,'Where have you been and where were you on that day that you had that massive heart attack? You were gone and we prayed you back to life in Jesus name.'

After he had shared the story with the audience, which also included pastors and others from Toluca City, he then began preaching the Gospel and asked if there was anyone in the room who had not yet given their lives to Christ, to come forward for prayer.

Scores poured forward and soon Dr. Crandall was laying hands on them and saying that they should receive "the fire of God" and many fell backwards and were placed on the ground.

Then he asked those doctors and medical professionals who needed prayer, to also come forward and many also came forward and he prayed the same prayer over them as many also fell to the floor. It was quite a sight to see medical doctors lying on the floor after being hit by the "fire of God."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

921 939

Dan.....why no response?????

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here.
I was baptized, which remitted my original sin and joined me to the Kingdom of God.
Good one, huh?
====

Ah said: All Catholics are sprinkled with water as babies.....according to what you are saying....that makes all Catholics Saved....it don't get more simple than that!!!!!

How do you square that with:

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

How can a baby "hope"?

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

How can a baby keep in memory what has been preached to it???

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was a virgin
Nope. See, the problem is, Christians depend upon the Hebrew Bible, but unfortunately for them, the Jews, who wrote that book, know better than the Christians what their own texts say.

To quote from the Jews themselves:

( http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html )

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

Moreover, Jesus also did not fulfill the Hebrew prophesies of who the messiah would be.

Specifically, the Bible says he will (all within his lifetime):

-Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
-Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
-Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
-Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Sorry, Jesus fails on all counts.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I stated last night. the words" full of grace" are only used twice in the New testament. once in Acts and also in John.
the [correct] Greek words for "full of grace" are "plaras karitos". now you can accept that or your lies about other words that you allege mean "full of grace". I don't care. you were a liar and a deceiver ever since you appeared on this forum and to be honest, I never missed you while you were gone a few months ago.
the awesome thing about being Catholic is that we don't need to bother researching stuff if we don't want to. I know its built on truth. Period..
There is something missing from your accusation; something you're leaving out. It reeks of deception.
I assure you, Catholicism does not deceive. If they let one lie in, then it all comes crashing down anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 438,481 - 438,500 of511,840
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Scales Off 7,639
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 8 hr INC Iglesia ni Coitus 19
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... Wed Joseph Paskudnok 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Apr 14 Highchurchman 5
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••