Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,433
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#454438 Jun 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You've COME TO LATE TO FEED YOUR FICTION TO ANY ON ON THIS FORUM...
How is it fiction? It's Jews interpreting their own texts.

Or do Christians suppose that they know the Hebrew texts better than the authors themselves?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#454439 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I stated last night. the words" full of grace" are only used twice in the New testament. once in Acts and also in John.
the [correct] Greek words for "full of grace" are "plaras karitos". now you can accept that or your lies about other words that you allege mean "full of grace". I don't care. you were a liar and a deceiver ever since you appeared on this forum and to be honest, I never missed you while you were gone a few months ago.
well there are 20 versions of Luke 1:28 on Biblehub.com . The KJV says "Hail thou art that highly favored". Every single one of the 20 versions represented are different.(they do not show the Catholic or Orthodox versions)

Still, "Highly Favored" coming from God is no lite title.

So there you have it. Are you saying the KJV is the one that is inspirired and all the other ones are junk? There can only be one truth, so out of the 20 separate versions of Mary and Gabriell's encounter, which one is correct?

Here is a ton of reading on Our Lady. I warn you, there is allot of truth in this and you may want to consider the consequences shall you decide to deliberately ignore em!
www.catholic-pages.com/bmv/hahn.asp

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454440 Jun 20, 2013
The Orthodox Church does not need the catholic church.The catholic church needs the Orthodox Church.Thats why the catholic church is changing some of their beliefs back to the Orthodox beliefs.ie..Mary may or may not have died before the Assumption,(Orthodox believe she did die)purgatory is not a specific place,(Orthodox does not believe in purgatory)etc.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#454441 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you dont need to research things because your told what to believe.You church is built on lies and IS crashing down.You wanna know the truth than start with 1054 when your church separated from the Orthodox Church....Catholicism is the BIGGEST deceiver of ALL the churches of today! You guys should stop bragging and become more hunble.Your church was built on nothing but LIES AND EGO'S...have a nice day...(now thats the truth)
Well thank you Sera! You have a nice day too!
U are sounding more and more Protestant every time you log on. Perhaps you'd like to debate with your new friends, and we can watch them tear you apart like the wolves they are..

note: 954 AD the Bishop of Rome is the leader of Christendom.
1054 AD the Eastern Orthodox say 'ah not anymore'

So, the previous yrs you followed the Bishop of Rome's lead. Right? Its proven fact. Now, instead of a Pope, you follow the Patriarchs lead. Makes zero sense.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454442 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If he following Scripture is not the Word of God...whose word is it!!!!
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "perfect" "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "perfect" more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
The Bible is sufficient...
The bible doesn't say the bible is sufficient.
The bible doesn't even say bible.
The bible doesn't have an insipred table of contents.
The Catholic Church decided what books made up the bible.
St. Paul was referring to the OT when he said this to St. Timothy because the NT wasn't written yet.
St. Paul says oral traditions are just as important.
The bible doesn't say all oral traditons were later recorded in the bible.

sola scriptura debunked.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#454443 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you dont need to research things because your told what to believe.You church is built on lies and IS crashing down.You wanna know the truth than start with 1054 when your church separated from the Orthodox Church....Catholicism is the BIGGEST deceiver of ALL the churches of today! You guys should stop bragging and become more hunble.Your church was built on nothing but LIES AND EGO'S...have a nice day...(now thats the truth)
LMAO! You're going to have to do better than that, little girl. "Because I said so" isn't a valid argument. Besides I think your mother is calling you, something about homework.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454444 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Your Patriarchs disagree with you.

Loose the hate Seraphima, it's not healthy for you or Herme.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454445 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
The Orthodox Church does not need the catholic church.The catholic church needs the Orthodox Church.Thats why the catholic church is changing some of their beliefs back to the Orthodox beliefs.ie..Mary may or may not have died before the Assumption,(Orthodox believe she did die)purgatory is not a specific place,(Orthodox does not believe in purgatory)etc.
You're wrong.

"Following the announcement of Benedict XVI’s retirement, Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, the chief hierarch of the Eastern Orthodox Churches, issued a statement expressing his profound respect and friendship to Benedict. Bartholomew honored Pope Benedict as an eminent theologian and reaffirmed his desire to keep dialogue open between Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christians “for the union of all.” Benedict and Bartholomew’s friendship has been marked by their common mission to restore Christian culture to Europe. The Russian Orthodox Church issued a similar statement thanking Benedict for his efforts to restore relations between the Vatican and the Moscow patriarchate.

Benedict XVI played an important role in modern efforts to heal the schism between the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches. Dialogue began in 1964 when Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras I went together as pilgrims to Jerusalem. The work of restoring communion was renewed by Pope John Paul II and Patriarch Dimitrios I during the 1980s. Between 1980 and 2000 the Mixed Commission for Theological Dialogue between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church worked to find common ground that would lead to further unity. After a period of interruption, Benedict and Bartholomew reopened the work of the commission in 2007. Pope Benedict signed a joint statement with Patriarch Bartholomew in 2006 that renewed their commitment to building Christian unity and working together for the common good of humanity. Admittedly, progress has been slow—too slow for some critics, but then long histories of contention between alienated peoples take a lot of time to heal, Christian or not. Hasty reconciliation attempts between Rome and the Eastern Orthodox in the past did not prove successful. "

" There is nothing like a common enemy to renew old alliances. Perhaps the best way forward for Catholics is to follow Benedict’s example and to befriend and cooperate with Orthodox Christians. United for the common good of defending Christian culture, this kind of ecumenism cannot fail to bear fruit and reestablish our fraternal bond. For all their differences, Catholics have much more in common with Orthodox believers than with Protestants. Orthodox and Catholics, alone, participate in the full sacramental life of the Church because of their common apostolic origins and traditions. Ut unum sint. "

About the Author
Christopher B. Warner

Christopher B. Warner, a former Marine Corps officer and veteran, is a graduate student of Orthodox theology at the Antiochian House of Studies. Christopher has a BA in Catholic theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio. He has worshipped with the Eastern Christian community since 2001, and currently serves as a cantor for his parish of St. George in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Christopher and his wife, Katy, are both teachers at Trinity Academy.

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Item/2037/...

Since: Nov 08

usa

#454446 Jun 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you addressing even the ones that are destined to go to hell???
According to Jehovah, are you holy ones supposed to mess with those who are "unclean???"
:)
I'm far from holy, I do mess with holy people though, point out the silliness of what they believe in.... I don't think you understand where i'm coming from with my posts. I do hypotheticals,as god actually exists and thinhgs like that then I ask to prove,what is ever posted,i play both sides of the card

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#454447 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
FAIL! Geez, don't they teach you guys how to do proper research in school anymore? You should learn to control your temper while you're still young. Hissy fits are unattractive and unhealthy.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#454448 Jun 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sending her on a snipe hunt.
How is she to know for sure the disposition of these souls?
"You're sending her on a snipe hunt."
- no I am not - I am only suggesting to the poster to research that which the poster "thinks" is true and what is not.

If the poster had any common sense, and had done prior research, they would have discovered that the "soul" has never been proven to exist.

This is when bias begins.

One must remove themselves from the bias in order to get the correct answers.

In other words, and through honesty, one should state that they won't know what happens to their "soul" until they die.

Anyone who says otherwise is not only arrogant, but ingnorant.

Thanks for responding.

usa

#454449 Jun 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am preaching that you are complaining, and since you are going to bed I have the final word ... at least until morning.
:)
what do I complain about exactly??

Albuquerque, NM

#454450 Jun 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
It must agree with what IS written...and all of it does not.
KayMarie
Making false claims again?

Unless you think many of these are accurate depictions of what should be done to people.

*sighs*

Why do you hate and want to kill people?

Albuquerque, NM

#454451 Jun 20, 2013
Sorry - here is the link:

http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/laws.htm

Location hidden

#454452 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you Sera! You have a nice day too!
U are sounding more and more Protestant every time you log on. Perhaps you'd like to debate with your new friends, and we can watch them tear you apart like the wolves they are..
note: 954 AD the Bishop of Rome is the leader of Christendom.
1054 AD the Eastern Orthodox say 'ah not anymore'
So, the previous yrs you followed the Bishop of Rome's lead. Right? Its proven fact. Now, instead of a Pope, you follow the Patriarchs lead. Makes zero sense.
well clay...I dont feel the need to debate anything about the Orthodox beliefs to the protestants here.They know of my faith.The problem is that YOUR church is the topix here claiming to be the TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST.Thats where the Orthodox differ to you.Now I am not going to side up with catholics here just because we do share common beliefs.The Truth is the Orthodox Church is the Church that the catholic church broke from cuz it wanted to be head of all the church and the other Four Patriarch said NO...One broke from the four others NOT four Patriarch broke from ONE...common sense tells you this...perod...My husband provided a long posting that explained 1.the East never recognised a POPE of primacy authority.2.the Ecumenical Patriarch is a title of respect he has no authority or power like the Pope.But then again the only source you use for truth and history is the catholic church.

Location hidden

#454453 Jun 20, 2013
alessandro alfieri wrote:
<quoted text>
FAIL! Geez, don't they teach you guys how to do proper research in school anymore? You should learn to control your temper while you're still young. Hissy fits are unattractive and unhealthy.
...leave the personal attacks out and defend with facts not insults..if you can,try

Albuquerque, NM

#454454 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Maybe you should just pass on over my posts, so you don'thave to worry so much.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not likely. Having been a Catholic, you get right into the discussions about what Jesus said and did, and your lies are as noted as the lies of others, who still continue to try in VAIN to make a faithful Jew into a traitor of his own religion.
Oh - so you want to worry yourself.

Gotcha.

Read all the posts you want.

**Self**
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had he and his Jewish father been real, you people would all be cursed, and my guess is you would have nothing for a reward in any hereafter, even if a hereafter just happens to be the case.
Okay.

**Self**
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For such lies, none of you deserve rewards.
I never asked for any rewards. Please stop projecting.

**Self**
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my opinion.
Of course it is.

**Self**
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you know better and you don't do better ... the onus is on you.
No it isn't.

If it is, how is the "onus on me"?

I didn't write the texts, but like you, I can state my opinion of them all day long. And seriously - you can only respond to them and not do anything about it besides that action.

**Self**
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Jesus lived, he would NOT have supported the starting up of Christianity OR Islam. He would NOT have baptized any human on earth as a Christian. He would not have counseled Peter to become a Catholic pope, or to start a new Christian community.
He wouldn't?

Okay.

**Self**
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW that is true!!!
You know it and I know it.
No I don't, because Jesus never wrote anythign down to "explain his position".

I think you are making a suppostion without providing any proof to your opinion.

**Self**

There - all actions of Self. And yet you still refute this entity.

*sighs*

usa

#454455 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting, will have to check this out, though there is a stumbling block, the catholic church, what are they hiding in their archives, and what was in the books they burned. This will be hard to prove with missing and unseen documents.
ok what's the point of reposting this?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454456 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
The Thessalonians were like the sola scriptura folks, "if I don't see it in black and white in the bible it ain't true!!!", the Bereans (the early Catholics/Orthodox), seeing that Jesus was not explicitly mentioned in the OT, belived St. Paul's ORAL preaching.

Location hidden

#454457 Jun 20, 2013
Bartholomew...does not speak for the Bishops,Priest,and People who hold the REAL POWER of the Orthodox Church.he has ONE VOTE at the Bishops Synod

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Cultastic 8,909
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 3 hr Kareem O Wheat 1,977
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web