Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,589
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454425 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong's Greek lexicon...
Highly favoured: caritow charitoo, khar-ee-to'-o to grace, i.e. indue with special honor:--make accepted, be highly favoured.
It does not say "full of grace"..
It does not say "sinless"..
It does not say "clean vessel"..
It does not say "virgin"..
It does not say "virgin evermore".
It does not say "immaculate conception"...
Any teachings to the contrary, which is what the Catholics do, is not Christian...and are lies..
"to grace".

You're fundamentally dishonest or you're illiterate.

Either way, you just proved me right.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454426 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If he following Scripture is not the Word of God...whose word is it!!!!
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "perfect" "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "perfect" more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
The Bible is sufficient...
Sola Scriptura, the words and the premise, are unbiblical.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#454427 Jun 20, 2013
More News...KM

(Toluca City, Mexico)—There were extraordinary scenes on the final day of a Christian medical conference when a famed heart doctor produced evidence of how, after he had prayed for a patient who had died and was being prepared for the morgue, "he was brought back to life after prayer." (Photo: ASSIST News)

Dr. Chauncey W. Crandall IV, who serves at the Palm Beach Cardiovascular Clinic in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, made his dramatic presentation on June 15, 2013, on the final day of the 10th Annual World Christian Doctors Network (WCDN) conference in Toluca City, Mexico, which brought together some 350 doctors and medical professionals from 24 countries.

Dr. Crandall began by saying that the dramatic incident took place on October 29, 2006, when an auto mechanic, Jeff Markin, walked into the Emergency Room at the Palm Beach Gardens Hospital and collapsed from a massive heart attack.

"We had a fifty-three year old man who came to the emergency room with a massive heart attack and actually his heart had stopped," he said. "The medical people had worked on him for over forty minutes in the emergency room and then declared him dead.

"They called me in to evaluate the patient towards the end of his treatment where they had unsuccessfully tried to revive him. The nurse was preparing his body to be taken down to the morgue when the Holy Spirit told me to 'turn around and pray for that man.' When the Holy Spirit talks to you, you have to respond. It's sometimes a quiet voice and this was a quiet voice and to honor the Lord I did turn around and I went to the side of that stretcher where his body was being prepared.

Dr. Crandall"There was no life in the man. His face and feet and arms were completely black with death and I sat next to his body and I prayed,'Lord, Father; how am I going to pray for this man? He's dead. What can I do?' All of a sudden, these words came out of my mouth,'Father, God, I cry out for the soul of this man if he does not know You as his Lord and Savior, please raise him from the dead right now in Jesus name.'" (Photo: ASSIST News)

He then asked a colleague to "shock him one more time" and, Crandall said, he seemed puzzled as there didn't seem any hope for the man, but out of respect he did just that.

"It was amazing as a couple minutes later, we were looking at the monitor and all of a sudden a heartbeat showed up. It was a perfect beat; a normal beat; and then after a couple more minutes, he started moving and then his fingers were moving and then his toes began moving and then he started mumbling words.

"There was a nurse in the room—she wasn't a Believer—and she screamed out and said 'Doctor Crandall, what have you done to this patient?' And I said,'All I've done is cry out for his soul in Jesus name.'

"We quickly rushed the gentleman down to the intensive care unit, and the hospital was by now buzzing about the fact that a dead man had been brought back to life. After a couple of days he woke up. He had an amazing story to tell after I had asked him,'Where have you been and where were you on that day that you had that massive heart attack? You were gone and we prayed you back to life in Jesus name.'

After he had shared the story with the audience, which also included pastors and others from Toluca City, he then began preaching the Gospel and asked if there was anyone in the room who had not yet given their lives to Christ, to come forward for prayer.

Scores poured forward and soon Dr. Crandall was laying hands on them and saying that they should receive "the fire of God" and many fell backwards and were placed on the ground.

Then he asked those doctors and medical professionals who needed prayer, to also come forward and many also came forward and he prayed the same prayer over them as many also fell to the floor. It was quite a sight to see medical doctors lying on the floor after being hit by the "fire of God."

Location hidden

#454428 Jun 20, 2013
921 939

Dan.....why no response?????

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here.
I was baptized, which remitted my original sin and joined me to the Kingdom of God.
Good one, huh?
====

Ah said: All Catholics are sprinkled with water as babies.....according to what you are saying....that makes all Catholics Saved....it don't get more simple than that!!!!!

How do you square that with:

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

How can a baby "hope"?

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

How can a baby keep in memory what has been preached to it???

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#454429 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was a virgin
.when Jesus was conceived..
Nope. See, the problem is, Christians depend upon the Hebrew Bible, but unfortunately for them, the Jews, who wrote that book, know better than the Christians what their own texts say.

To quote from the Jews themselves:

( http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html )

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

Moreover, Jesus also did not fulfill the Hebrew prophesies of who the messiah would be.

Specifically, the Bible says he will (all within his lifetime):

-Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
-Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
-Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
-Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Sorry, Jesus fails on all counts.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#454430 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I stated last night. the words" full of grace" are only used twice in the New testament. once in Acts and also in John.
the [correct] Greek words for "full of grace" are "plaras karitos". now you can accept that or your lies about other words that you allege mean "full of grace". I don't care. you were a liar and a deceiver ever since you appeared on this forum and to be honest, I never missed you while you were gone a few months ago.
the awesome thing about being Catholic is that we don't need to bother researching stuff if we don't want to. I know its built on truth. Period..
There is something missing from your accusation; something you're leaving out. It reeks of deception.
I assure you, Catholicism does not deceive. If they let one lie in, then it all comes crashing down anyway.

Location hidden

#454431 Jun 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sola Scriptura, the words and the premise, are unbiblical.
Only a Catholic trying to deny the truth in God's Word would say the following Scripture is "UN-bibical"...

Quote: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

#454432 Jun 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sola Scriptura, the words and the premise, are un biblical.
~~~~
If these words "Sola Scriptura' are UN-scriptural..

WHY DID THE ROMAN CATHOLICS COIN THEM...

IS IT NOT JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THE RCC'S INVENTIONS?

#454434 Jun 20, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. See, the problem is, Christians depend upon the Hebrew Bible, but unfortunately for them, the Jews, who wrote that book, know better than the Christians what their own texts say.
To quote from the Jews themselves:
( http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html )
The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.
Moreover, Jesus also did not fulfill the Hebrew prophesies of who the messiah would be.
Specifically, the Bible says he will (all within his lifetime):
-Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
-Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
-Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
-Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
Sorry, Jesus fails on all counts.
You've COME TO LATE TO FEED YOUR FICTION TO ANY ON ON THIS FORUM...

Location hidden

#454435 Jun 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"to grace".
You're fundamentally dishonest or you're illiterate.
Either way, you just proved me right.
Grace:
charis: graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s,-worthy).

It does not say "full of grace"..

It does not say "sinless"..

It does not say "clean vessel"..

It does not say "virgin"..

It does not say "virgin evermore".

It does not say "immaculate conception"...

Any teachings to the contrary, which is what the Catholics do, is not Christian...and are lies..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454436 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
the awesome thing about being Catholic is that we don't need to bother researching stuff if we don't want to. I know its built on truth. Period..
There is something missing from your accusation; something you're leaving out. It reeks of deception.
I assure you, Catholicism does not deceive. If they let one lie in, then it all comes crashing down anyway.
you dont need to research things because your told what to believe.You church is built on lies and IS crashing down.You wanna know the truth than start with 1054 when your church separated from the Orthodox Church....Catholicism is the BIGGEST deceiver of ALL the churches of today! You guys should stop bragging and become more hunble.Your church was built on nothing but LIES AND EGO'S...have a nice day...(now thats the truth)

Location hidden

#454437 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, Ox. Which Scriptures?
You're becoming as irrelevant as June. You guys just take up space on these pages. Scram.
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#454438 Jun 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You've COME TO LATE TO FEED YOUR FICTION TO ANY ON ON THIS FORUM...
How is it fiction? It's Jews interpreting their own texts.

Or do Christians suppose that they know the Hebrew texts better than the authors themselves?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#454439 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I stated last night. the words" full of grace" are only used twice in the New testament. once in Acts and also in John.
the [correct] Greek words for "full of grace" are "plaras karitos". now you can accept that or your lies about other words that you allege mean "full of grace". I don't care. you were a liar and a deceiver ever since you appeared on this forum and to be honest, I never missed you while you were gone a few months ago.
well there are 20 versions of Luke 1:28 on Biblehub.com . The KJV says "Hail thou art that highly favored". Every single one of the 20 versions represented are different.(they do not show the Catholic or Orthodox versions)

Still, "Highly Favored" coming from God is no lite title.

So there you have it. Are you saying the KJV is the one that is inspirired and all the other ones are junk? There can only be one truth, so out of the 20 separate versions of Mary and Gabriell's encounter, which one is correct?

Here is a ton of reading on Our Lady. I warn you, there is allot of truth in this and you may want to consider the consequences shall you decide to deliberately ignore em!
www.catholic-pages.com/bmv/hahn.asp

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454440 Jun 20, 2013
The Orthodox Church does not need the catholic church.The catholic church needs the Orthodox Church.Thats why the catholic church is changing some of their beliefs back to the Orthodox beliefs.ie..Mary may or may not have died before the Assumption,(Orthodox believe she did die)purgatory is not a specific place,(Orthodox does not believe in purgatory)etc.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#454441 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you dont need to research things because your told what to believe.You church is built on lies and IS crashing down.You wanna know the truth than start with 1054 when your church separated from the Orthodox Church....Catholicism is the BIGGEST deceiver of ALL the churches of today! You guys should stop bragging and become more hunble.Your church was built on nothing but LIES AND EGO'S...have a nice day...(now thats the truth)
Well thank you Sera! You have a nice day too!
U are sounding more and more Protestant every time you log on. Perhaps you'd like to debate with your new friends, and we can watch them tear you apart like the wolves they are..

note: 954 AD the Bishop of Rome is the leader of Christendom.
1054 AD the Eastern Orthodox say 'ah not anymore'

So, the previous yrs you followed the Bishop of Rome's lead. Right? Its proven fact. Now, instead of a Pope, you follow the Patriarchs lead. Makes zero sense.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454442 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If he following Scripture is not the Word of God...whose word is it!!!!
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "perfect" "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "perfect" more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
The Bible is sufficient...
The bible doesn't say the bible is sufficient.
The bible doesn't even say bible.
The bible doesn't have an insipred table of contents.
The Catholic Church decided what books made up the bible.
St. Paul was referring to the OT when he said this to St. Timothy because the NT wasn't written yet.
St. Paul says oral traditions are just as important.
The bible doesn't say all oral traditons were later recorded in the bible.

sola scriptura debunked.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#454443 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you dont need to research things because your told what to believe.You church is built on lies and IS crashing down.You wanna know the truth than start with 1054 when your church separated from the Orthodox Church....Catholicism is the BIGGEST deceiver of ALL the churches of today! You guys should stop bragging and become more hunble.Your church was built on nothing but LIES AND EGO'S...have a nice day...(now thats the truth)
LMAO! You're going to have to do better than that, little girl. "Because I said so" isn't a valid argument. Besides I think your mother is calling you, something about homework.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454444 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Your Patriarchs disagree with you.

Loose the hate Seraphima, it's not healthy for you or Herme.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#454445 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
The Orthodox Church does not need the catholic church.The catholic church needs the Orthodox Church.Thats why the catholic church is changing some of their beliefs back to the Orthodox beliefs.ie..Mary may or may not have died before the Assumption,(Orthodox believe she did die)purgatory is not a specific place,(Orthodox does not believe in purgatory)etc.
You're wrong.

"Following the announcement of Benedict XVI’s retirement, Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, the chief hierarch of the Eastern Orthodox Churches, issued a statement expressing his profound respect and friendship to Benedict. Bartholomew honored Pope Benedict as an eminent theologian and reaffirmed his desire to keep dialogue open between Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christians “for the union of all.” Benedict and Bartholomew’s friendship has been marked by their common mission to restore Christian culture to Europe. The Russian Orthodox Church issued a similar statement thanking Benedict for his efforts to restore relations between the Vatican and the Moscow patriarchate.

Benedict XVI played an important role in modern efforts to heal the schism between the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches. Dialogue began in 1964 when Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras I went together as pilgrims to Jerusalem. The work of restoring communion was renewed by Pope John Paul II and Patriarch Dimitrios I during the 1980s. Between 1980 and 2000 the Mixed Commission for Theological Dialogue between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church worked to find common ground that would lead to further unity. After a period of interruption, Benedict and Bartholomew reopened the work of the commission in 2007. Pope Benedict signed a joint statement with Patriarch Bartholomew in 2006 that renewed their commitment to building Christian unity and working together for the common good of humanity. Admittedly, progress has been slow—too slow for some critics, but then long histories of contention between alienated peoples take a lot of time to heal, Christian or not. Hasty reconciliation attempts between Rome and the Eastern Orthodox in the past did not prove successful. "

" There is nothing like a common enemy to renew old alliances. Perhaps the best way forward for Catholics is to follow Benedict’s example and to befriend and cooperate with Orthodox Christians. United for the common good of defending Christian culture, this kind of ecumenism cannot fail to bear fruit and reestablish our fraternal bond. For all their differences, Catholics have much more in common with Orthodox believers than with Protestants. Orthodox and Catholics, alone, participate in the full sacramental life of the Church because of their common apostolic origins and traditions. Ut unum sint. "

About the Author
Christopher B. Warner

Christopher B. Warner, a former Marine Corps officer and veteran, is a graduate student of Orthodox theology at the Antiochian House of Studies. Christopher has a BA in Catholic theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio. He has worshipped with the Eastern Christian community since 2001, and currently serves as a cantor for his parish of St. George in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Christopher and his wife, Katy, are both teachers at Trinity Academy.

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Item/2037/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web