Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646363 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454627 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/religion/the-pope/8009299/Po pe-Benedict-XVIs-astronomer-th e-Catholic-Church-welcomes-ali ens.html
Thanks for clarifying the link. I read the article from the UK telegraph which you provided and I was under the impression that the Catholic responses were a 'tongue in cheek response'. You seem to imply something different is going on..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454628 Jun 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God created the universe.
Gee I wonder what it will be like to be sitting inMass next to E.T??..now thats a picture worth a thousand words...lol and God created elephants also...will they be at you Mass also????

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#454629 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible doesn't mention cats either, but the absence of any verse mentioning them can hardly be considered to "debunk" the idea that they exist.
Ih that...Cats don't really exist---they are evil demons of the saints that the cathaholics gave sainthood to...they had ta go somewhere ya know...
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#454630 Jun 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God created the universe.
Dr Consolmango is one of a team of 12 astronomers working for the Vatican, said the Catholic Church had been supporting and funding science for centuries.

"I’d be delighted if we found life elsewhere and delighted if we found intelligent life elsewhere," he said.

“But the odds of us finding it, of it being intelligent and us being able to communicate with it - when you add them up it’s probably not a practical question.

“God is bigger than just humanity. God is also the god of angels.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...

Indeed, He is!

Location hidden

#454631 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And you firmly believe pigs do fly!!!!!!
WHAT???

Pigs don't fly?

Location hidden

#454632 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Why, no, I don't. But I believe butterflies and angels do :)
Have you ever seen an angel? Let alone seen one fly?
Be honest...your sanity is in question here...

Location hidden

#454633 Jun 20, 2013
Excepting ALIENS into the catholic church will only water down the church and make a mockery of it..well,talking about doing it is a pants spliter also LOLOL..will the catholic church have special parking for the ufo's space crafts/ lolol
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454634 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Get a shot of reality clay. The abuse scandle in you church FAR OUTWAYS ANY OTHER CHURCH SCANDLE IN HISTORY.It is your church plastered all over the papers and on Tv..Get a grip man and go to confession for the lie you just told...you catholic on this forum are discusting.
Well that's that I'm talking about Sera, there is no evidence what so ever.. that pedophila is somehow more rampant in the Catholic Church than the Orthodox Church. Yet you imply that - because its not in the news, then it means we Orthodox have less!
I'm sorry Sera, but the truth is that the Orthodox are not a threat to secularism and liberalism the way the Catholic Church is. Therefore, you are not a target of the media. That is truth. Anyone with a normal brain can see the evil exists amongst the Orthodox too. Hello???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454635 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you've been annihilating Ox on this forum for 3 yrs. The little fella keeps logging back on as if nothin happened. Part of me wishes the Catholic Church required that sorta ignorance. lol being Catholic would be a whole lot easier if we could cherry pick our doctrines.
Well, outsmarting a 12 year old nose picker ain't much to brag about, but thanks for the thought.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454636 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Gee I wonder what it will be like to be sitting inMass next to E.T??..now thats a picture worth a thousand words...lol and God created elephants also...will they be at you Mass also????
Instead of web surfing for mean stuff to post about the Catholic Church you should spend time taking care of Herme.

Location hidden

#454637 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I'm old enough BUt not as old as you....
I'm older than dirt, and tired of the lies, arrogance, and nonsense.
I think you may actually understand.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#454638 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is your church started in 1054....TRUTH..have a nice day..lol
How come Joseph Stalin entwined himself with the Orthodox Church to unite against Hitler?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454639 Jun 20, 2013
who="jethro8"
'So who created evil?' The professor continued,'If God created
everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil.'
Again, the student has no answer.'Is there sickness? Immorality?
Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things, do they exist in this
world?'
The student squirms on his feet.'Yes.'
'So who created them ?'
The student does not answer again, so the professor repeats his
question.'Who created them?' There is still no answer. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace in front of the classroom.. The class is mesmerized.'Tell me,' he continues onto another student.'Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?'
The student's voice betrays him and cracks.'Yes, professor, I do.'
The old man stops pacing.'Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?'
'No sir. I've never seen Him.'
'Then tell us if you've ever heard your Jesus?'
'No, sir, I have not.'
'Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?'
'No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't.'
'Yet you still believe in him?'
'Yes'

Have you heard the rest of this story? The young man asked the professor if he had a brain. Yes, the man replied. The young fellow asked his classmates if they had ever felt, tasted, or smelled the professors brain; if they ever had any sensory perception of the professor's brain.

All negative answers, and the students determined that the professor didn't have a brain.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#454640 Jun 20, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Consolmango is one of a team of 12 astronomers working for the Vatican, said the Catholic Church had been supporting and funding science for centuries.
"I’d be delighted if we found life elsewhere and delighted if we found intelligent life elsewhere," he said.
“But the odds of us finding it, of it being intelligent and us being able to communicate with it - when you add them up it’s probably not a practical question.
“God is bigger than just humanity. God is also the god of angels.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...
Indeed, He is!
Why waste the money then FEED THE POOR ....if the church has to look outside...wayyyyyy outside lol to find intelligent life...thats says alot about the church members...lol

Location hidden

#454641 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
No. not that. This stopped a diamond drill, and might have even broken it, I can't remember for sure...Thoth spoke of it. It was how he got to Egypt. He was dead serious in the account of it.
They never bothered to see what stopped modern technology dead in it's tracks...maybe that's why...they really didn't want to know the truth of it. I wouldn't be surprised if any record of it is "lost" now.

Location hidden

#454642 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come Joseph Stalin entwined himself with the Orthodox Church to unite against Hitler?
well clay...because Russia needed them against hitlers other wise Hitler would have taken russia. the russian idenity trumped politics..you know same as when your church sided up with charlesmagne...
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#454643 Jun 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Excepting ALIENS into the catholic church will only water down the church and make a mockery of it..well,talking about doing it is a pants spliter also LOLOL..will the catholic church have special parking for the ufo's space crafts/ lolol
I read your link as a tongue in cheek statement from the Catholic Church. You're spreading it as actual Catholic doctrine. Please explain your agenda?
ProLifeProphet

Winnipeg, Canada

#454644 Jun 20, 2013
The undisputed King!

True champion, role model, and an inspiration to every one!

No one messes with the spider!

Location hidden

#454645 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
This is just more proof that the earliest of Egyptians were world travelers...contrary to what the world was/is taught.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454646 Jun 20, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
You said just the other day the "the Word ( the bible ) was God". Why any Christian would listen to an idol (paper and ink) worshipper is beyond me.

No one worships paper and ink. When I speak, I speak MY WORD. If you write it down, it is still my word...on paper.

When you open your mouth, does a sheet of paper roll out with words on it?

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web