Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,193
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#454356 Jun 20, 2013
Heckler wrote:
The Catholic religion is the last great Pagan religion. Where people still worship wooden crosses, statues, paintings, and anything that resembles the illusion they have as to how God looks.
Although I'm not Catholic myself, I've known quite a few Catholics. Never yet seen or heard one worshiping a cross or a statue or a painting or anything meant to resemble the illusion they have as to how God looks.

I'm kind of tired of Catholic-bashing too. There are legitimate differences between Protestants and Catholics, but to say they are "deluded" or "of the devil" is misguided at best.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454357 Jun 20, 2013
Christians are determined to make Jesus over into a Christian ... or at the very least ... to make his image over into wanting to support Christianity.

Even if Jesus lived ... you all know that dead men can't speak ... so it's free game to put words into the mouths of dead men.

You are having fun now ... but there might be a price to pay for supporting lies as being based on truth.

Just maybe.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#454358 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of Oprah, right?
No.
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
No, New Age, peace of heart and mind, and salvation, start WITH JESUS. He always, always put God His Father and us ahead of Himself, setting the example for us.
...and you wouldn'tbe able to do this, if YOU hadn't made a conscious choice to follow Jesus.

But you can't see this depth of your thinking, because you seem to enthralled with giving others credit for what you believe.

Maybe if you would accept all of what Jesus taught, you wouldn't be so brash to others with what you think you know and what you don't know.

Why do you follow men?
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, New Age, we must put Jesus first, because HE put US first.

Okay - please put these teachings into "first" witht he others you claim are important.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Once you do, then you can claim what you have said above to be true.

Until then, you are only saying things that aren't completely true.
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, if you don't put Christ first in your life, it means just one thing: He's not very important to you.
Incorrect conclusion. I've accept Jesus in many more ways than you have.

Care to restate your stance - but this time, with more honesty?
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
There's lots of "Christians" like that, people who are Christians only on Sundays while they're at church, etc. Anyone who really loves Jesus is a Christian 24/7.
Ah-ha - another definition of a "Christian".

If you truly believe in this "24/7 belief of Jesus", then why do you reject many gospels and other written teachings by Jesus?

Maybe it is you who needs to rethink what they believe about Jesus, instead of implying others aren't believing at all.

Hmmmm.....sounds like you have some homework to do.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454359 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe..as in Catholics
Do you still believe in limbo
How can they NOT be with Our Lord??
I read a website on Catholic belief..
It blames the devil for the proliferation of abortion..I get that part..But it says it's because the babies won't be baptized.
Do you honestly think that Our Lord would let the devil prevail with regard to innocent souls.
That they coukd be anywhere but in His loving arms.
Since they were never BORN coukd He have them in stasis to be born somewhere else??
Or in a limbo where He is not.
Again, there's nothing definitive concerning the disposition of unbaptized infants. Limbo was a theological construct to attempt to explain a state not subject to any punishments of Hell, yet lacking the perfect joy of being with God in Heaven.

It is possible that these souls are indeed in Heaven, as God shows them His mercy.

Prince George, Canada

#454360 Jun 20, 2013
The theology of the Catholics is based on one lie after another.

In the following you will see (as is VERY PLAIN) that the Catholic authors insinuated that Peter the first pope was Christian (not Jew) and that he was following the COUNSEL of Jesus to build the first "CHRISTIAN" community.

Those early Catholic authors lied, and so greedy are you for salvation, you continue to lead a life saturated with nothing BUT lies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Peter the Apostle

Peter carried the word of the Savior throughout Asia Minor, centering his activities around Antioch. Subsequently, he came to Rome, where, it is believed, he formed the first Christian community there.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454361 Jun 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What IS sad is that all of you right-fighters are so stupid as to fight over who tells the biggest lie.
I asked several times if you believe that Jesus baptized others into the Christian (Catholic) faith, and you all ignore the question ... because you know that a Jew would no more be baptized by a Catholic named John the Baptist than the pope would be baptized into Protestantism by a Protestant!
YOU KNOW THAT and yet you ignore that fact.
If Jesus had lived he would have been a faithful Jew to the end of his life and on into his resurrection. The word Catholic or Christian would not have entered his "mind."
And here you are ... like naughty children wanting your own way, insinuating that a Jew was not only baptized by a Catholic named John the Baptist who travelled from the old testament as Jew and landed in the new testament as a Catholic, to in turn baptize others as Catholics.
Surely you aren't so stupid as to believe you will rewarded for lies.
I HOPE NOT!!!
Your presentment of John the Baptist as a Catholic isn't actually a "fact", so I ignored it.

Prince George, Canada

#454362 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
...and you wouldn'tbe able to do this, if YOU hadn't made a conscious choice to follow Jesus.
But you can't see this depth of your thinking, because you seem to enthralled with giving others credit for what you believe.
Maybe if you would accept all of what Jesus taught, you wouldn't be so brash to others with what you think you know and what you don't know.
Why do you follow men?
<quoted text>
Okay - please put these teachings into "first" witht he others you claim are important.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
Once you do, then you can claim what you have said above to be true.
Until then, you are only saying things that aren't completely true.
<quoted text>
Incorrect conclusion. I've accept Jesus in many more ways than you have.
Care to restate your stance - but this time, with more honesty?
<quoted text>
Ah-ha - another definition of a "Christian".
If you truly believe in this "24/7 belief of Jesus", then why do you reject many gospels and other written teachings by Jesus?
Maybe it is you who needs to rethink what they believe about Jesus, instead of implying others aren't believing at all.
Hmmmm.....sounds like you have some homework to do.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
You continue to preach lies.

Prince George, Canada

#454363 Jun 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, there's nothing definitive concerning the disposition of unbaptized infants. Limbo was a theological construct to attempt to explain a state not subject to any punishments of Hell, yet lacking the perfect joy of being with God in Heaven.
It is possible that these souls are indeed in Heaven, as God shows them His mercy.
You choose to continue to preach lies.

Prince George, Canada

#454364 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I'm not Catholic myself, I've known quite a few Catholics. Never yet seen or heard one worshiping a cross or a statue or a painting or anything meant to resemble the illusion they have as to how God looks.
I'm kind of tired of Catholic-bashing too. There are legitimate differences between Protestants and Catholics, but to say they are "deluded" or "of the devil" is misguided at best.
You continue to choose to preach lies.

Prince George, Canada

#454365 Jun 20, 2013
Had Jesus lived he would have been faithful to Judaism ... period.

Observe the lies ... let them sink in to your brains and you will see. Jesus would not have supported any form of Christianity OR Islam.

Christianity is based on nothing but lies, and that means that when you put words into an image of a dead Jew and pretend he is Christian or supports Christianity ... you are ALL LIARS.

You are "framing" a Jew to be a traitor to his own Judaism. And THAT is not honest. Not ONE BIT HONEST!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Peter the Apostle

Peter carried the word of the Savior throughout Asia Minor, centering his activities around Antioch. Subsequently, he came to Rome, where, it is believed, he formed the first Christian community there.

Albuquerque, NM

#454366 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>now if you wish to split hairs which you try to do all of the time.
lets go at.
I've been splittinghairs since I arrived, and now you want to.

Let's make sure we get the split correctly.

Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?

Why do you follow men?

Why do you think less than six of the original 13 Apostles were more enlightened that the others?

Why do you accept those writings only?

How is it that "Paul" receives more credit for his teachings than Jesus does?

Let's split the hairs on these....okay?

Prince George, Canada

#454367 Jun 20, 2013
What you should be discussing is not whether Jesus baptized Christians with fire or with water or other stupid nonsense ... but whether Jesus (had he lived) would have supported a new religion other than Judaism.

And you KNOW the answer to that question. He would have died on the supposed cross SHOUTING "I've been faithful to my one and only Jewish god, and let no man say otherwise as he will be LYING!!!"

Location hidden

#454368 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just thank the Lord, Old G and Preston didn't introduce us to Christianity. These guys are modern day Scribes and Pharisees. They are too filled with pride to see outside of their man-made religion.
I also believe they undid too many teachings from Jesus Christ to be considered Christian anymore.
Baptism, Confession, Holy Eucharist, Faith + works, Adding scripture alone... its never ending with each passing generation.
both Oxbore and myself have showed that DAN lied about mary in which she was never said to be "full of grace" as those words are only used twic and never in context with mary.

so it is better that you learn from MODERN DAY SCRIBES and never learn the truth at all from your irreligious system.

please dopnt think that you are right b ecause you beleive the lies that you are told. some day, God is going to hold your chruch accountable and then death and destruction will follow and people like you will b e destroyed in your tracks.

You have been WARNED!!!!!!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#454369 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe..as in Catholics
Do you still believe in limbo
How can they NOT be with Our Lord??
I read a website on Catholic belief..
It blames the devil for the proliferation of abortion..I get that part..But it says it's because the babies won't be baptized.
Do you honestly think that Our Lord would let the devil prevail with regard to innocent souls.
That they coukd be anywhere but in His loving arms.
Since they were never BORN coukd He have them in stasis to be born somewhere else??
Or in a limbo where He is not.
Instead of waiting for the answers, I would suggest for you to go out and find them for yourself, because the responses you get from others who are bias in their belief, will NOT give you an honest answer.

Albuquerque, NM

#454370 Jun 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I can see how you are shielding your eyes from reading my posts.

Maybe you should just pass on over my posts, so you don'thave to worry so much.

Albuquerque, NM

#454371 Jun 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should begin posting facts that refute my posts, instead of just an opinion.

In truth, for a supposed "Atheist" - none of my posts should matter at all to you, huh?

But somehow, they do......hmmmmmm......
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454372 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>both Oxbore and myself have showed that DAN lied about mary in which she was never said to be "full of grace" as those words are only used twic and never in context with mary.
so it is better that you learn from MODERN DAY SCRIBES and never learn the truth at all from your irreligious system.
please dopnt think that you are right b ecause you beleive the lies that you are told. some day, God is going to hold your chruch accountable and then death and destruction will follow and people like you will b e destroyed in your tracks.
You have been WARNED!!!!!!!!!!
I showed both you and Oxtail where "full of grace" was RE: Mary.

I hope your "MODERN DAY SCRIBES" have better reading skills than you and maybe some integrity.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454373 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of waiting for the answers, I would suggest for you to go out and find them for yourself, because the responses you get from others who are bias in their belief, will NOT give you an honest answer.
You're sending her on a snipe hunt.

How is she to know for sure the disposition of these souls?

Prince George, Canada

#454374 Jun 20, 2013
Catholics praised those who died as martyrs for the Catholic church. Century after century they canonized them as saints.

They never canonized Jesus the Jew as a Catholic saint and my guess is, they were scared to go THAT far with their flamboyant words, as being superstition they probably believed that if he was real at all, he would put a curse on them for telling such a whopper of a lie.

Yet they were cunning enough to USE the image of that JEW to start a new religion.

Isn't it odd that they called all the others saints, but they never used the term Saint-Jesus, and yet he was supposedly the most important player in the whole GAME concerning the new "Christian" religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#454375 Jun 20, 2013
who="Clay "
We've definitely proved you in error these last three yrs. Just because you're to stubborn to admit your error doesn't change the fact. Most onlookers would have converted to Catholicism a long time ago after reading the debates between you, Preston, Old Gee and the Catholics. In fact, I believe you three do more to HELP the Catholic Church than anything.
You can't believe you are right based on this following typical exchange:
Catholics:'Prove that Christ taught sola scripture as the authority on His Ministry'
Confrint:'all scripture is God breathed, and is useful for teaching'
You lost, Confrint. 2tim 3:16 does not say what well claim it says. Therefore your ENTIRE opinion on sacred scripture falls apart because you based it off a lie to start with.

Catholics have proved nothing of the sort. Scripture IS God-breathed.
You haven't converted anyone on here.

You can insist that some early 'fathers' may have written some stuff, but accepting that as gospel would be something like accepting everything written on this forum as gospel.

It must agree with what IS written...and all of it does not.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 10 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Lorenzo 8,333
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 16 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 15
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue Delilahblue 171
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Sep 29 Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Sep 29 Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE