Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,211
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454252 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the water for? Duh. The water here does not refer to child birth. Really? How could it be referring to baptism when baptism had not yet been initiated? Baptism began with Jesus baptism for Christians. So please explain about the water being for something that did not exist as yet. Come on man, your a Roman Catholic, right? Well make up something then. You know, like your popes do. LOL LOL LOL
Does "JG" stand for "just goofy"?
truth

Perth, Australia

#454253 Jun 19, 2013
they told you sinners of Adam and Eva its going trough your ancestors..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454254 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded already RE: her being an exception. Even gave you the Greek.
Mary was "saved" from sin in a different manner. She was given the grace to be "saved" completely from sin so that she never committed even the slightest transgression. Scripture indicates that salvation can also refer to man being protected from sinning before the fact.
'Now to him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you without blemish before the presence of his glory with rejoicing, to the only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and for ever.(Jude 24-25)'
thanks
That is what is being regurgitated by the vatacan, and you have swallowed it and said "That was tasty"...it is not based on Scripture...

Show Scripture that says she was an exception...you can't...because she was a sinner...she was thankful for her Savior..per Scripture...sinless people do not need a Savior...

My bet stands...you will play your "tradition" card...to trump Scripture.....that is what I call trashing the Bible...

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

BTW...Jude 1:24-25 has nothing to do with Mary!!!!!

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454255 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what is being regurgitated by the vatacan, and you have swallowed it and said "That was tasty"...it is not based on Scripture...
Show Scripture that says she was an exception...you can't...because she was a sinner...she was thankful for her Savior..per Scripture...sinless people do not need a Savior...
My bet stands...you will play your "tradition" card...to trump Scripture.....that is what I call trashing the Bible...
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
BTW...Jude 1:24-25 has nothing to do with Mary!!!!!
Luke 1:28 indicates that she was an exception. Again, for the third time, you even got the Greek on it.

It's there. Your agreement with it doesn't determine whether it's in there or not.

Jude 1 24:25 is a doxology. It's not specific to anyone, and applies to everyone. Again, it's in scripture, and it doesn't require your approval for it to be scriptural.

So, to recap, my points have been fortified by scripture, with your response being "it's not there" when it IS, and "it doesn't mean that" when you aren't in position to tell me nor anyone else what scripture means.

I'll take the point here.

Thanks
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#454256 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter was not the exclusive recipient of the Keys...
all the disciples ( students of Jesus) with the apostles received THE
SAME KEYS..
WHY IS IT THAT ONLY PETER... HAS BEEN SINGLED OUT...
BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH .
DID JESUS LIE WHEN SAID TO ALL HIS DISCIPLES?
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
NOTE
Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
AMEN, Good points. The truth,
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454257 Jun 19, 2013
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN, Good points. The truth,
It's nonsense.

Why "AMEN" something that's not correct?

He gave Peter the keys. Only Peter.

Says it right there.

16 Simon Peter answered,“You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied,“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.”

English IS your primary language, I assume.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454258 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Jesus was baptized.
Luke 3:21-22
Miss that?
you miss what that Baptism of Johns was for. it never made them a Christian since Jesus had not died yet.

read what John said about his Baptism and learn something.

anyway, every person saved in the NT was given the Holy Ghost before they were baptised in water.

the men of epheus were just like you Dan and all catholics, they were baptised yet no knew nothing about the Holy Ghost.

feel free to change what God has given us through His Word, if you dare. I DONT!!

Location hidden

#454259 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Jesus was baptized.
Luke 3:21-22
Miss that?
so was Mary, after she received the Holy Ghost in the Upper Room, along with her other children.
truth

Perth, Australia

#454260 Jun 19, 2013
Who stay in this life they will call modern then saints..
I told you..Great is who is within you!..Do you sold your soul to whom?

Location hidden

#454261 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 indicates that she was an exception. Again, for the third time, you even got the Greek on it.
It's there. Your agreement with it doesn't determine whether it's in there or not.
Jude 1 24:25 is a doxology. It's not specific to anyone, and applies to everyone. Again, it's in scripture, and it doesn't require your approval for it to be scriptural.
So, to recap, my points have been fortified by scripture, with your response being "it's not there" when it IS, and "it doesn't mean that" when you aren't in position to tell me nor anyone else what scripture means.
I'll take the point here.
Thanks
The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...you acknowledge that as being true.

You have been fed swill, from the vatacan, that says Mary was sinless, was born sinless, and remains a virgin evermore. You swallowed it and enjoyed it...

There is no Scripture to support these lies....you know it...because you have proven it...you have shown me no Scripture that teaches any such thing...

A Christian, per Scripture, is one who follows the teaching of Christ...there is no record in the Bible that shows Christ ever taught Mary was sinless...a virgin evermore...nor born sinless....yet you accept the teaching of your pope, that has no basis in Scripture, over the Word of God...

So...what does that make you????

And...there is no Greek word in Luke 1:28, in the NABre, that is translated to mean "full of Grace"....you are lying when you say there is...

Prove me wrong...

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454262 Jun 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you miss what that Baptism of Johns was for. it never made them a Christian since Jesus had not died yet.
read what John said about his Baptism and learn something.
anyway, every person saved in the NT was given the Holy Ghost before they were baptised in water.
the men of epheus were just like you Dan and all catholics, they were baptised yet no knew nothing about the Holy Ghost.
feel free to change what God has given us through His Word, if you dare. I DONT!!
Actually, the "point" (and I'm using the term in it's loosest form) from OJG I was addressing was why Jesus would have espoused baptism as it hadn't come into existence yet.

I noted that it actually HAD come into existence, and (surprise to OJG, apparently) that Jesus had been baptized.

.....and that was in the Bible.

I hadn't made mention of John the Baptist.
truth

Perth, Australia

#454263 Jun 19, 2013
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454264 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...you acknowledge that as being true.
You have been fed swill, from the vatacan, that says Mary was sinless, was born sinless, and remains a virgin evermore. You swallowed it and enjoyed it...
There is no Scripture to support these lies....you know it...because you have proven it...you have shown me no Scripture that teaches any such thing...
A Christian, per Scripture, is one who follows the teaching of Christ...there is no record in the Bible that shows Christ ever taught Mary was sinless...a virgin evermore...nor born sinless....yet you accept the teaching of your pope, that has no basis in Scripture, over the Word of God...
And...there is no Greek word in Luke 1:28, in the NABre, that is translated to mean "full of Grace"....you are lying when you say there is...
Prove me wrong...
Already gave it to you.

Don't be so desperate, Ox. It's unbecoming, and worse, you're a bore. Everyone on the board who can read (that leaves out a few here) can see that I gave you the Greek a while ago.

Throwing a hissy fit "you are lying" makes you look childish. Your regular posts do enough of that; no need to amplify it just because you're wrong here.

Go to bed, get up, eat a good breakfast and try again tomorrow.

Location hidden

#454265 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nonsense.
Why "AMEN" something that's not correct?
He gave Peter the keys. Only Peter.
Says it right there.
16 Simon Peter answered,“You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied,“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.”
English IS your primary language, I assume.
Dan, thesee keys are nor symbolical in nature, nor spiritual in nature. it only means that they were to teach what was lawful and what would be allowed, nothing more.

now if you wish to split hairs which you try to do all of the time.

lets go at.

{I will} future tense. so you nor your false teachers in catholicism know when this would occur, or if it even did occur. it might be after they were dead, who knows. certainly not you, nor me, nor false popes.

theeefore I stand on what I beleive not something taught falsely. men, no matter who they are can FORGIVE SIN, ONLY GOD CAN. Mark 2:7
truth

Perth, Australia

#454266 Jun 19, 2013
you need be as child within..pure
http://biblehub.com/philippians/2-15.htm

bless your accusers abusers prosecutors and so on

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#454267 Jun 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, LTM, I am so very sorry. I've had to make that painful decision. You know you're going to miss your sweetie, but of course you can't allow her to suffer.
I am convinced our beloved pets WILL be with us in heaven, LTM. In the meantime, my sincerest sympathies to you.

rainbow bridge

See link I made for LYN.

there will be no tears in heaven..I believe we will have beloved pets.

We can't know for sure..But they are Gids creatures

Location hidden

#454268 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the "point" (and I'm using the term in it's loosest form) from OJG I was addressing was why Jesus would have espoused baptism as it hadn't come into existence yet.
I noted that it actually HAD come into existence, and (surprise to OJG, apparently) that Jesus had been baptized.
.....and that was in the Bible.
I hadn't made mention of John the Baptist.
I know what point that you made, however you are infering that Baptism makes you a Christian and our point is that it doesnt. it gets you wet if you are a sinner, nothing more, unless you add soap and then it is a bath, nothing more.

Location hidden

#454269 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Already gave it to you.
Don't be so desperate, Ox. It's unbecoming, and worse, you're a bore. Everyone on the board who can read (that leaves out a few here) can see that I gave you the Greek a while ago.
Throwing a hissy fit "you are lying" makes you look childish. Your regular posts do enough of that; no need to amplify it just because you're wrong here.
Go to bed, get up, eat a good breakfast and try again tomorrow.

Prove me wrong...

I repeat: Prove me wrong.....

Location hidden

#454270 Jun 19, 2013

Dan.....why no response?????

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here.
I was baptized, which remitted my original sin and joined me to the Kingdom of God.
Good one, huh?
====

Ah said: All Catholics are sprinkled with water as babies.....according to what you are saying....that makes all Catholics Saved....it don't get more simple than that!!!!!

How do you square that with:

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

How can a baby "hope"?

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

How can a baby keep in memory what has been preached to it???
truth

Perth, Australia

#454271 Jun 20, 2013
13 prayers
1.miracle
2.death
id=someone have more in finger then head
https://www.google.com.au/search...

dodji dobri boze iz comebodje come od
see ad ed 'id od' ud
-find what is lost
https://www.google.com.au/search...
lijepo gori jednu zgradicu=tower balance
see anka

ziccccc jednu up zgradicu=tower=balance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr SIr 8,506
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 2 hr Miss New Thing 3
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE