Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675535 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#454511 Jun 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you left out the fact they sodomized children also.it must be ok since god has done nothing to stop these people from committing these acts.
They tortured, imprisoned and murdered in the god's supposed name for centuries.

If they are saved and being rewarded with eternal bliss ... any god that rewarded them would be in dire need of mental help.

:)
Anthony MN

United States

#454512 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, just WHO do you think was speaking in that [burning bush]. it was the WORD and the WORD is jesus.
You said just the other day the "the Word ( the bible ) was God". Why any Christian would listen to an idol (paper and ink) worshipper is beyond me.

Quesnel, Canada

#454513 Jun 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd call the gods in on it, but Enlil's boy broke the transceiver clean off the top of the pyramid so Marduk couldn't use it anymore.
Then they all jist up an left! But not before they set ole' Abrum up first...what a sneaky bunch...
What a terrible tragedy!!! Have you tried taking your case to court???

Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#454514 Jun 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn't say the bible is sufficient.
The bible doesn't even say bible.
The bible doesn't have an insipred table of contents.
The Catholic Church decided what books made up the bible.
St. Paul was referring to the OT when he said this to St. Timothy because the NT wasn't written yet.
St. Paul says oral traditions are just as important.
The bible doesn't say all oral traditons were later recorded in the bible.
sola scriptura debunked.
The Bible doesn't mention cats either, but the absence of any verse mentioning them can hardly be considered to "debunk" the idea that they exist.

Quesnel, Canada

#454515 Jun 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>his teachings would plainly be his fathers teachings,no need to put a name to them except gods word or my fathers word.
So if that's your claim, the words Christianity and Islam are not an issue at all ... as the father was Jewish and the son was Jewish.

I'm glad we agree!

Quesnel, Canada

#454516 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
I believe that mary died, and her spirit went to be with God at the time of her death.
And snake-handlers believe they must handle snakes ... as it so clearly states to THEM in the meanings they take to and from their bible.

Silly people!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454517 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Through the power and grace of God. Through the Holy Spirit, you dummy.
And you firmly believe pigs do fly!!!!!!
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#454518 Jun 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what am I leaving out? I mentioned that the words "full of grace" are only mentioned twice in the NT and I gave the Books where they might be found.
again in the Book of Acts(concerning Steve) and in John concerning Jesus. may is never mentioned in that type of respect.
NEVER did mary ever give a testimony such as steven gave, nor did she live the life of Jesus. I never read that she ever laid hands on someone and they were healed. HAVE YOU? she had NO fruits such as the Apostles conveyed to people.
all she did was leave he young child alone in a large city. those fruits don't qualify her to b e "full of grace", in leaving Him, she qualifies as a disgrace according to our times and our Laws.
mary was a mortal woman, nothing special about her, she just happened to have had the correct bloodlines which made her available to God to use as a surrogate mother and so God used her in that fashion.
and I think God that in spite of her failure, he sanctified her with the Holy Ghost on the 50 th Day.
Like I said, every single debate should begin with sola scripture because you've decided that everything about Mary needs to be spelled in the 27 Books that made it into print. Right?

All you need to do is show me where Jesus Christ or His Apostles commanded such a thing, and I'll move down to Ohio and you can be my Pastor. lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454519 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible doesn't mention cats either, but the absence of any verse mentioning them can hardly be considered to "debunk" the idea that they exist.
The bible and the bible alone, and my private judgement of the meaning of the bible is contrary to every Christian witness for the first 15 centuries. Even Luther was inconsolable when he realized what he'd done.

Does it matter to you?
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#454520 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And you firmly believe pigs do fly!!!!!!
Why, no, I don't. But I believe butterflies and angels do :)

Location hidden

#454521 Jun 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You said just the other day the "the Word ( the bible ) was God". Why any Christian would listen to an idol (paper and ink) worshipper is beyond me.
Ex 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#454522 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where I read it but it seems as if the Angel of the Lord meant Jesus..though of course the Hebrews did not know Him as,such.
RoSesz:

To me, there seems a lot of room in which to consider the term "angel of the Lord".

Perhaps the problem we have with the term is that in today's "modern" world, there isn't much room for angels in general. But for those who are aware of their presence, they are obviously at work.

I find, for myself, they work best in my dreams, so that I might reflect upon truths. They are for me messengers of God, and often I think they are in doing God's Will, aid me not only in mercy, but obedience to God.

Just last week, I was asking God's forgiveness for sin. I immediately went to sleep, and two angels were present in a dream/vision, and listened to me, which gave me greater understanding in the hope in Christ.

Somehow, I consider them always near.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#454523 Jun 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I think I told you he was a "magician" - not lawyer, although they both seem to make your money disappear pretty quick!!
:o)
You'll have to PM me the inside scopp on the ship! Sound interesting. You're not talking about the "Baltic Sea Anomoly", are you?
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
:o)
Oh, heck no!
I'm talking about the one buried by the pyramids. It's been there since the end of the last ice age...before the first Egyptian dynasty. It can be located in the "circles, and not the triangles.
They tried to drill there once and hit an object that the drill could not penetrate. I believe THAT was it.
A "magician will do too!

Location hidden

#454524 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible doesn't mention cats either, but the absence of any verse mentioning them can hardly be considered to "debunk" the idea that they exist.
Nor does it say "Anthony Mn"....so he just thinks he is on this forum!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454525 Jun 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In the narrative, an angel of God is described as appearing in the bush,[7] and God is subsequently described as calling out from it to Moses, who had been grazing Jethro's flocks there.[1] When Moses starts to approach, God tells Moses to first take off his sandals, due to the place being holy ground,[8] and Moses hides his face.[9] Textual scholars regard the account of the burning bush as being spliced together from the Jahwist and Elohist texts, with the Angel of Yahweh and the removal of sandals being part of the Elohist version, and the Yahwist's parallels to these being God and the turning away of Moses' face, respectively[10][11]

When challenged on his identity, Yahweh replies that he is the God of the Patriarchs - Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob -[12] and that he is Yahweh.[13] The text derives Yahweh (&#1497;&#1492;&#1 493;&#1492;) from the Hebrew word hayah (&#1488;&#1492;&#1 497;&#1492;), meaning he who is he, or I am that I am;[11] the Kabbalah takes this to mean that Yahweh himself is equal to his name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_bush
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#454526 Jun 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
Do you believe like Preston that your bible is God in the form of paper and ink?
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#454527 Jun 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible and the bible alone, and my private judgement of the meaning of the bible is contrary to every Christian witness for the first 15 centuries. Even Luther was inconsolable when he realized what he'd done.
Does it matter to you?
Anthony MN

I think you are digging a put for yourself here.

Spiritually minded people are going to find the scriptures abundantly profitable. Its as simple as that.

Those who aren't spiritually minded but use the scriptures, may(or may not) come to understand much. And scriptures can and often begin the process of having a personal relationship with God, if they are searchers for Truth.

This makes scripture sufficient.

We must remember ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ.(St. Jerome).

Location hidden

#454528 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, every single debate should begin with sola scripture because you've decided that everything about Mary needs to be spelled in the 27 Books that made it into print. Right?
All you need to do is show me where Jesus Christ or His Apostles commanded such a thing, and I'll move down to Ohio and you can be my Pastor. lol
Don't need 27 books to know every thing the Bible teaches about Mary the mother of Jesus. The Scripture that teaches about her, using her name, are in the gospels, Acts, and Romans....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#454529 Jun 20, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Through the power and grace of God. Through the Holy Spirit, you dummy.
???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#454530 Jun 20, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Aretha 123, I thought you'd like it!
Yes, that's what I said, it didn't change. We were taught that the Blessed Mother died. We're well aware that at times there's a difference in theology between Catholic and Orthodox teaching on the same dogma, but usually not quite as different as you like to make out. I've also seen plenty of misinformation about Catholic teaching on Orthodox sites. It's a shame. The Orthodox I've known in the past were not haters, but then there are some in every group. I think you had a run in with a group of Catholics who wouldn't touch the Orthodox with a ten-foot pole. We do consider you schismatics, you broke from the Church, not the other way around, but some people take it too far and seethe with hatred. What a pity, huh?
I don't hate the Catholic Church. I have been honest about how I see almost all the Catholics posting here v Catholicism and the Church. Also when I see something inaccurate said about the Orthodox Church or beliefs I will post. If I say something about Catholicism I try to accurate and put time in reading. Or if I have read something that contradicts what was aid I usually will make a comment. I would agree wholeheartedly that I am much more accepting of the Born Agains, Protestants, Evangelists, Nondenominationals, Pentecostals here and I know that is upsetting to those who then think I am not defending the Theotokos or Baptism or the Eucharist. I know most would not understand but that is actually rock hard strength in my beliefs because I can listen and engage without having to attack, which never works. All this screaming back and forth and no one here has ever changed their position.I also have said that I respect Anthony and some of the newer Caths and I think one older Cath here (cant think of their names)I don't see my changing my perception of other Caths.
Pentecostals here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web