Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,695
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454232 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28.
She is called "full of grace".
She's given the name "full of grace" and in the Greek perfect tense, indicating that this permanent state of Mary was completed.
Remember Greek? You were very insistent on it RE: 2 Tim 3:16.
'St. Luke uses the perfect passive participle, kekaritomene, as his "name" for Mary. This word literally means "she who has been graced" in a completed sense. This verbal adjective, "graced," is not just describing a simple past action. Greek has another tense for that. The perfect tense is used to indicate that an action has been completed in the past resulting in a present state of being. "Full of grace" is Mary’s name. So what does it tell us about Mary? Well, the average Christian is not completed in grace and in a permanent sense (see Phil. 3:8-12). But according to the angel, Mary is.'
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/hai...
You are a baldfaced liar.....

In the NABre pope approved Bible she is not referred to as "full of Grace"....I will show you again....

And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.”
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454233 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Baptism is one of the most controversial issues in the Christian faith. Infant baptism vs. believer's baptism? Baptism by immersion or baptism by sprinkling/pouring? Baptism as a symbolic act of obedience and identification with Christ's death and resurrection vs. baptism as a requirement that God will not grant salvation without? Out of all of these debates, by far the most important is the question: Is baptism required for salvation?
What makes this question difficult is the fact that there are some Scripture verses which seem to indicate that baptism is necessary for salvation (Mark 16:16; John 3:5; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Galatians 3:27; 1 Peter 3:21). However, there are numerous other Scripture references which clearly and explicitly state that salvation is received by faith, with no other requirement (John 1:12; 3:16, 18, 36; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Further, in 1 Corinthians 1:14-17, the Apostle Paul makes it clear that baptism is not an aspect of the gospel. In Paul's brief outline of the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, baptism is not even mentioned.
To add baptism, or any other work, to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to secure our salvation. To say we must be baptized in order to be saved is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). If we must do anything beyond receiving by faith God's salvation, that makes salvation dependent on our works, instead of dependent on the perfect and complete sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Yes, there are some verses that seem to indicate baptism as a necessary requirement for salvation. However, Scripture does not contradict Scripture. If the Bible says that salvation is received by faith, with no other requirement (and it says that numerous times), then there is nothing else that can be added as a requirement for salvation with making God's Word contradict itself. The Bible verses that clearly link salvation and baptism do so because baptism identifies conversion; it is the declaration that salvation has occurred. The idea of an un-baptized believer was anathema to the New Testament writers. If a person claimed to believe in Christ, but was ashamed to proclaim that faith in public, it would be an indication that the person's faith was not genuine.
Baptism is not necessary for salvation. Baptism is an important step of obedience that every Christian should take. Baptism is a public declaration of faith in Christ. Baptism is an identification of an old life dying with Christ and a new life being resurrected as a new creation (1 Corinthians 5:17). So, while baptism is very important, it is not a requirement for salvation. To make baptism a requirement for salvation is an attack on the perfection and sufficiency of God's provision of salvation through Jesus Christ.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not controversial.
Christian belief and practice until the Reformation taught that Baptism is salvific.
Really? Provide Biblical proof. Was Abraham baptized? Was Moses baptized? Was Peter baptized? Was John? Were any of the original 12 apostles baptized? If so, who? Proof required. Biblical proof only. Not tradition, not here say, not conjecture. PROOF!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454234 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey boy, you gonna answer the questions? Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? How many did Jesus baptize?
<quoted text>
Hey boy, you did not respond because if you did we all would know your answer. So boy, I will ask again and again until you answer.
1. Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? Give us a Bible verse or two if you would please.
2. How many did Jesus baptize? How many??????
<quoted text>
You said,quote, "1.) John 3:5" End quote.
John 3:5, "Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
NO BAPTISM!!! NONE.
Born of water......natural birth; everyone is born of water.
Born of the Spirit....super-natural birth
Again, NO BAPTISN <<<<>>> >> NONE!!!
What do you think the water's for?

The "water" here doesn't refer to childbirth.

"Unless one is born, then born of the spirit....."

How would one BE born of the spirit unless they'd been born in the first place?

Just goes to show you the lengths people will go to waterboard the Bible trying to explain why they don't believe Jesus.

Sad.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454235 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a baldfaced liar.....
In the NABre pope approved Bible she is not referred to as "full of Grace"....I will show you again....
And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.”
I gave you the Greek here.

It means what it means. You don't get to decide what Greek means on your own.

Sorry.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454236 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You seemed quite certain that they didn't. Several times, in fact.
I was going by our fasting of 40 days expect on Good Friday.We fast 40 days of strict fasting...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#454237 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I WILL STRIVE TO FOLLOW THE WORDS OF JESUS.
Then why don't you!!! How about Matthew 16:13-21 (in Jesus' OWN SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS) regarding HIS One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church. The same heirarchical, authoritative VISIBLE CHURCH (with Bishops, deacons, priests and elders in Acts 20. The same Church that is referred to over 30 times in the New Testament. The same Church that Paul refers to in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.----How about John 6:47-59 (In Jesus' OWN SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS) regarding HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD in the Eucharist--"For unless you eat my body (which is REAL FOOD) and drink my blood ( WHICH IS REAL DRINK) you CANNOT have eternal life".---You keep saying that you follow the words of Jesus!......NO YOU DON'T!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454238 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey boy, you gonna answer the questions? Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? How many did Jesus baptize?
<quoted text>
Hey boy, you did not respond because if you did we all would know your answer. So boy, I will ask again and again until you answer.
1. Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? Give us a Bible verse or two if you would please.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Someone's feelings get hurt when I pointed out your Luther/Catechism debacle?" End quote.
Luther/Roman Catholic/Catechism.......
I said, quote, "Same BS just a different Roman Catholic author." End quote.
Other than it's not the same, you're right on.

Do you start 7th or 8th Grade next fall?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454239 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Baptism is one of the most controversial issues in the Christian faith. Infant baptism vs. believer's baptism? Baptism by immersion or baptism by sprinkling/pouring? Baptism as a symbolic act of obedience and identification with Christ's death and resurrection vs. baptism as a requirement that God will not grant salvation without? Out of all of these debates, by far the most important is the question: Is baptism required for salvation?
What makes this question difficult is the fact that there are some Scripture verses which seem to indicate that baptism is necessary for salvation (Mark 16:16; John 3:5; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Galatians 3:27; 1 Peter 3:21). However, there are numerous other Scripture references which clearly and explicitly state that salvation is received by faith, with no other requirement (John 1:12; 3:16, 18, 36; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Further, in 1 Corinthians 1:14-17, the Apostle Paul makes it clear that baptism is not an aspect of the gospel. In Paul's brief outline of the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, baptism is not even mentioned.
To add baptism, or any other work, to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to secure our salvation. To say we must be baptized in order to be saved is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). If we must do anything beyond receiving by faith God's salvation, that makes salvation dependent on our works, instead of dependent on the perfect and complete sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Yes, there are some verses that seem to indicate baptism as a necessary requirement for salvation. However, Scripture does not contradict Scripture. If the Bible says that salvation is received by faith, with no other requirement (and it says that numerous times), then there is nothing else that can be added as a requirement for salvation with making God's Word contradict itself. The Bible verses that clearly link salvation and baptism do so because baptism identifies conversion; it is the declaration that salvation has occurred. The idea of an un-baptized believer was anathema to the New Testament writers. If a person claimed to believe in Christ, but was ashamed to proclaim that faith in public, it would be an indication that the person's faith was not genuine.
Baptism is not necessary for salvation. Baptism is an important step of obedience that every Christian should take. Baptism is a public declaration of faith in Christ. Baptism is an identification of an old life dying with Christ and a new life being resurrected as a new creation (1 Corinthians 5:17). So, while baptism is very important, it is not a requirement for salvation. To make baptism a requirement for salvation is an attack on the perfection and sufficiency of God's provision of salvation through Jesus Christ.
<quoted text>
Really? Provide Biblical proof. Was Abraham baptized? Was Moses baptized? Was Peter baptized? Was John? Were any of the original 12 apostles baptized? If so, who? Proof required. Biblical proof only. Not tradition, not here say, not conjecture. PROOF!
I guess I'd say I need proof that Abraham and Moses were Christian.

Great question there. Really great.

Christendom taught the necessity of and salvific nature of Baptism until the Reformation.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#454240 Jun 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
It all begins and ends with you.
Church of Oprah, right?

No, New Age, peace of heart and mind, and salvation, start WITH JESUS. He always, always put God His Father and us ahead of Himself, setting the example for us.

John 10:17 [Jesus said] "The reason My Father loves Me is that I lay down My life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. THIS COMMAND I RECEIVED FROM MY FATHER.”

...24 The Jews...gathered around Him, saying,“How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered,“I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in My Father’s name testify about Me...27 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. 28 I give them eternal life...no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 MY FATHER, WHO HAS GIVEN THEM TO ME, IS GREATER THAN ALL; no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.”

John 13:12 When [Jesus] had finished washing their feet, He...returned to His place.“Do you understand what I have done for you?” He asked them. 13 “You call Me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you."

John 14:31 [Jesus said} I love the Father and do exactly what My Father has commanded Me.

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God,“who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 1:17 When I saw Him,...He placed His right hand on me and said:“Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

Revelation 21:5 He who was seated on the throne said,“I am making everything new!” Then He said,“Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me:“It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be My children."

________

You see, New Age, we must put Jesus first, because HE put US first. Besides, if you don't put Christ first in your life, it means just one thing: He's not very important to you.

There's lots of "Christians" like that, people who are Christians only on Sundays while they're at church, etc. Anyone who really loves Jesus is a Christian 24/7.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#454241 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your idolatry, WILLFUL SIN, blatant disobedience to GOD'S WORD,..
.and other pagan practices will be measured by the
standard of God's word...
All other things, you do... that God has
forbidden... will be subject to be accounted for, when you stand before
God in judgment...
You, Confrinting are not the "final judge" of my Salvation, never have been or never will be. Your condemning ministry has no credibility in the eyes of God and that is biblical!!!!
I/we as Catholics will continue to rely on our personal relationship with Jesus Christ, at daily Mass and the Eucharist (HIS TRUE body and blood)in and through HIS One True Catholic Church and remain with the God Our Fathers as OUR final judge. HE knows our hearts, HE knows that our personal faith and Salvation is in HIS Son Jesus Christ and HE also that your "distorted personal opinions" have no validity when it comes to these "ridiculous claims" of idol worship, and so-called "disobedience to Gods word" that comes out of your "condemning and judgemental bible only (editorializing) ministry. Try reading the testamonies of the "hundreds and hundreds" of Protestant ministers that have converted to the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ in the Catholic Church--beginning with Scott Hahn. You might "just possibly" learn something about Christianity!!

Location hidden

#454242 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the Greek here.
It means what it means. You don't get to decide what Greek means on your own.
Sorry.
You gave me the Greek here??? It your dream!!!!
In this verse...from your NABre..pope approved Bible...show me the word that was translated from Greek, that is defined as "full of Grace"...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454243 Jun 19, 2013
quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Someone's feelings get hurt when I pointed out your Luther/Catechism debacle?" End quote.
Luther/Roman Catholic/Catechism.......
I said, quote, "Same BS just a different Roman Catholic author." End quote.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than it's not the same, you're right on.
Do you start 7th or 8th Grade next fall?
Actually 8th., which is three grades ahead of you. Your fifth right? Or did you say you drink booze by the fifth?

Born of water.......natural child birth

Born of the Spirit.... super natural being born AGAIN as in AGAIN as in another birth...the second birth....the one after the first birth. Being born AGAIN. Do you need pictures? Unfortunately we are not able to show pictures but it would help you because your comprehension level for reading is so terribly low. Fifth, right? LOL

Location hidden

#454244 Jun 19, 2013
...oops

28And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454245 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show Scripture that says she was an exception...you can't...because she was a sinner...she was thankful for her Savior..per Scripture...sinless people do not need a Savior...
My bet stands...you will play your "tradition" card...to trump Scripture.....that is what I call trashing the Bible...
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
I responded already RE: her being an exception. Even gave you the Greek.

Mary was "saved" from sin in a different manner. She was given the grace to be "saved" completely from sin so that she never committed even the slightest transgression. Scripture indicates that salvation can also refer to man being protected from sinning before the fact.

'Now to him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you without blemish before the presence of his glory with rejoicing, to the only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and for ever.(Jude 24-25)'

thanks
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454246 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think the water's for?
The "water" here doesn't refer to childbirth.
"Unless one is born, then born of the spirit....."
How would one BE born of the spirit unless they'd been born in the first place?
Just goes to show you the lengths people will go to waterboard the Bible trying to explain why they don't believe Jesus.
Sad.
What is the water for? Duh. The water here does not refer to child birth. Really? How could it be referring to baptism when baptism had not yet been initiated? Baptism began with Jesus baptism for Christians. So please explain about the water being for something that did not exist as yet. Come on man, your a Roman Catholic, right? Well make up something then. You know, like your popes do. LOL LOL LOL

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#454247 Jun 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL not all Jethro, but their are a few in each group.
My cat is not doing well, I have to put her down.
she has lost use of her back legs.
I hate this .
Oh, LTM, I am so very sorry. I've had to make that painful decision. You know you're going to miss your sweetie, but of course you can't allow her to suffer.

I am convinced our beloved pets WILL be with us in heaven, LTM. In the meantime, my sincerest sympathies to you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454248 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the water for? Duh. The water here does not refer to child birth. Really? How could it be referring to baptism when baptism had not yet been initiated? Baptism began with Jesus baptism for Christians. So please explain about the water being for something that did not exist as yet. Come on man, your a Roman Catholic, right? Well make up something then. You know, like your popes do. LOL LOL LOL
Um, Jesus was baptized.

Luke 3:21-22

Miss that?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454249 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 3:21-22

Still laughing?

I am.
truth

Perth, Australia

#454250 Jun 19, 2013
deceiver is deceiver
why?
they pray thy kingdom come how in heaven have to be on earth..
now explain who posses kingdom..deceiver..
why you pray for kingdom where deceiver know everything..

i told you
you stay in circle where evil is evillllllllllllllll
you reject real Creator spit every day over your real creator
you stay in evil circle
truth

Perth, Australia

#454251 Jun 19, 2013
sin go first in then out of person..in both direction
evil is evil..perfection which Lucifer watching but fall..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 5 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE