Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,702
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454172 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
John baptized with water, Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
There are different baptisms Dan, Jesus said you must be born-again and that is Holy Spirit and fire baptism done by God, John baptized with water.
<quoted text>
Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? How many did Jesus baptize?
Necessary to "enter the Kingdom of God".
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454173 Jun 19, 2013
Have You Come to “When” Yet?

The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends —Job 42:10

A pitiful, sickly, and self-centered kind of prayer and a determined effort and selfish desire to be right with God are never found in the New Testament. The fact that I am trying to be right with God is actually a sign that I am rebelling against the atonement by the Cross of Christ. I pray,“Lord, I will purify my heart if You will answer my prayer— I will walk rightly before You if You will help me.” But I cannot make myself right with God; I cannot make my life perfect. I can only be right with God if I accept the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ as an absolute gift. Am I humble enough to accept it? I have to surrender all my rights and demands, and cease from every self-effort. I must leave myself completely alone in His hands, and then I can begin to pour my life out in the priestly work of intercession. There is a great deal of prayer that comes from actual disbelief in the atonement. Jesus is not just beginning to save us— He has already saved us completely. It is an accomplished fact, and it is an insult to Him for us to ask Him to do what He has already done.

If you are not now receiving the “hundredfold” which Jesus promised (see Matthew 19:29), and not getting insight into God’s Word, then start praying for your friends— enter into the ministry of the inner life.“The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends.” As a saved soul, the real business of your life is intercessory prayer. Whatever circumstances God may place you in, always pray immediately that His atonement may be recognized and as fully understood in the lives of others as it has been in yours. Pray for your friends now, and pray for those with whom you come in
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454174 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There are different baptisms Dan, Jesus said you must be born-again and that is Holy Spirit and fire baptism done by God, John baptized with water.
<quoted text>
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Necessary to "enter the Kingdom of God".
Bull snickers.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454175 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems abundantly clear.
"5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit."
like Marge just told you. that verse has NOTHING to do with Water Baptism.

born of water. your birth into this world.

born of spirit. your birth into His heavenly Kingdom.

every Christian will tell you the same thing on here, and you think we all disagree about everything.lol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454176 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't believe what Jesus said, try this source:
Martin Luther
"Baptism is no human plaything but is instituted by God himself. Moreover, it is solemnly and strictly commanded that we must be baptized or we shall not be saved. We are not to regard it as an indifferent matter, then, like putting on a new red coat. It is of the greatest importance that we regard baptism as excellent, glorious, and exalted" (Large Catechism 4:6).
I sincerely believe what Jesus said, but luther is just a man with his own agenda and opinion. and as such I dont believe he is correct.

it took a lawyer to stop and relaize what Jesus wa talking about and even then he questioned his thoughts wondering how he COULD BE BORN PHYSICALLY AGAIN.

so stop and think about what his words were implying and you will see the ignorance of martin luther.lol..

and as a clincher, I wouldnt trust any man who goes around constantly scratching his rectum, not to mention a man with Minears Disease from his many escapades with young women
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454177 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You quote Luther as tho he was a Protestant and then add the source as the Roman Catholic Large Catechism 4:6. Who gives a rip what Luther said? He was just a Roman Catholic priest anyway.
Old Fool-

It's from Luther's catechism, not the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Bet your minister's proud now.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454178 Jun 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>like Marge just told you. that verse has NOTHING to do with Water Baptism.
born of water. your birth into this world.
born of spirit. your birth into His heavenly Kingdom.
every Christian will tell you the same thing on here, and you think we all disagree about everything.lol
No, Jesus didn't say that unless a man be born on Earth and then be born of spirit, he can't enter Heaven.

What utter nonsense.

No Christian believed that until the Reformation, and no real Christian believes it now.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454179 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Bull snickers.
....says the guy who couldn't even tell the difference between Luther's Catechism and the Catholic Catechism.

Brining a knife to a gunfight, JG.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454180 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Jesus said water baptism is necessary, and He commanded the Apostles to do it.
Good enough for me.
Do you believe he baptized Christians???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454181 Jun 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I sincerely believe what Jesus said, but luther is just a man with his own agenda and opinion. and as such I dont believe he is correct.
it took a lawyer to stop and relaize what Jesus wa talking about and even then he questioned his thoughts wondering how he COULD BE BORN PHYSICALLY AGAIN.
so stop and think about what his words were implying and you will see the ignorance of martin luther.lol..
and as a clincher, I wouldnt trust any man who goes around constantly scratching his rectum, not to mention a man with Minears Disease from his many escapades with young women
Luther here agrees with Jesus, the Apostles and all of Christendom until the Reformation.

What's your take on all those folks and their "agendas", starting please with Jesus?

Thanks

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454182 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I said they threw a fish fry and gave you the name of the church and the menu and prices.
Holy COW COLUMBO!!! Now that proves it right there!I trust you!

Prince George, Canada

#454183 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same reason you and I won't live to be 1000 years old.
Why is that, June?
You continue to take my posts out of context. You are very dishonest.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
You "should" hate suffering, and you have a right to question why it exists.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454184 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
More Roman Catholic theological nonsense.
Every time in the Bible.....EVERY TIME.....then is a profession of faith prior to baptism. It is not baptism first and then a profession of faith. If you don't believe me ..... read the BIBLE!
John 3:5.

No profession of faith.

1 Pet. 3:21

No profession of faith (none in all of 1 Peter 3)

Acts 2:38

No profession of faith.

Acts 22:16

No profession of faith.

Rom. 6:3–4

No profession of faith.

Col. 2:11–12

No profession of faith.

Other than all those, it's EVERY TIME, right?

LOL.

No fool like an old fool.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454185 Jun 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Holy COW COLUMBO!!! Now that proves it right there!I trust you!
I was more trustworthy than you.

You insisted that they DIDN'T have a fish fry.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454186 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to take my posts out of context. You are very dishonest.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You "should" hate suffering, and you have a right to question why it exists.
LOL.

As if your posts have "context" we should be mindful of.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#454187 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
Jack Chick is a quack.
As I said, Jack Chick sells his books.
Not good if a crackpot is peddling your stuff.
So the name of the publisher makes the whole book worthless?
Only Catholics think Jack Chick is a quack.
Muslims thionk he is an infidel.
JWs think he is wrong.
SDAs think he is way off track...

But Avro Manhattan is not Jack Chick.

Prince George, Canada

#454188 Jun 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You question it June, when you come up with an answer let me know ok.
It's because Jehovah approves of suffering.

If a creator exists, there can't BE any other reason that non-human animals suffer.

They didn't "sin" and they can't reason enough to know they shouldn't kill, etc.

So the creator placed them on planet earth to suffer simply for his own entertainment.

Does that reason make sense to you???
marge

Ames, IA

#454189 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Jesus said water baptism is necessary, and He commanded the Apostles to do it.
Good enough for me.
I would never say that your water-baptism doesn't count for you obeying the command to be water-batized.

This is about being baptized in the Holy Spirit so you can do the water baptisms!

Time to grow up already.

Prince George, Canada

#454190 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
As if your posts have "context" we should be mindful of.
Do you believe that Jesus baptized Christians with water???

Is that a clear enough context for you???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454191 Jun 19, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
So the name of the publisher makes the whole book worthless?
Only Catholics think Jack Chick is a quack.
Muslims thionk he is an infidel.
JWs think he is wrong.
SDAs think he is way off track...
But Avro Manhattan is not Jack Chick.
A crackpot spending his money to publish works he thinks worthwhile is an indictment of the works.

If nutjobs think its worth spending money on to publish, the book would be more useful being perforated and put on a roll in the bathroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 7 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE