Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,855
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454161 Jun 19, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Some interesting reading here...
http://seawaves.us/na/web4/VaticansHolocaust....
Such as...
Chapter 4 The nightmare of a nation
The Archbishop and Bishops support a Catholic Dictator - "We have three million bullets." - Catholic concentration camps for children - Orders: "Cremate people alive."
Chapter 5
The triumph of terrorism
Punitive expeditions - The pattern of mass executions - The Franciscan pupil who cut the throats of 1,360 prisoners - Pushed alive into their graves - Orthodox Serbs crucified - Eyes torn from their sockets.
Chapter 7
Catholic friars, priests, executioners, bishops and murderers
Orthodox clergy murdered - The Canon with the bull whip - Catholic persuasion and bayonets - Certificates of honesty for re-Christening in the Catholic Church - Conversion or death - "He converted six thousand persons." - A Franciscan monster: Father Filipovic.
Chapter 9
Catholic campaign of denial, smear and falsification
How the First News reached the outside world - Dr. Sekulich and the "Gestapo." - A Catholic liar at the White House - Winston Churchill issues a writ - What Mrs. Roosevelt said - "I write to save my soul." - The Archbishop's answer: "I have forwarded everything to the Vatican."
Chapter 13
The Vatican, the Mafia and the USA. Why they enlisted war criminals, Stalin and one third of Europe.
The Mafia recruited by the Vatican and the USA - The Mafia helps the Vatican save tons of holy silver - Why the Vatican and the USA enlisted war criminals - The menace of Soviet Russia - Stalin swallows up one-third of Europe - The Vatican-USA secret Alliance to stop him.
Chapter 20
The Virgin Mary and the Secretary of the USA Navy call for World War III
Consecration of the World to the Virgin Mary - The Cult of Fatima - Its anti-Russian significance - Catholic volunteers with the Nazi Armies on the Russian Front - USA-Russian atomic race - USA theologians advocate atomic war - The American Secretary of Defense jumps from a 16th floor window - USA Cardinal Spellman and Pope Pius XII support "the morality of a preventive atomic war." - Ante Pavelich and the Ustashi make ready for World War III.
Some of his books were published by Chick Pub but not written by Jack Chick who is hated by Catholics for exposing their false beliefs.
Jack Chick is a quack.

As I said, Jack Chick sells his books.

Not good if a crackpot is peddling your stuff.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454162 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You "should" hate suffering, and you have a right to question why it exists.
You question it June, when you come up with an answer let me know ok.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454163 Jun 19, 2013
Old Natures Never Die

A daily devotion for June 19th

Read the Scripture: Genesis 20

close

And Abimelech asked Abraham,“What was your reason for doing this?”(Genesis 20:10).

Has anyone had to say to you,“As a Christian, what were you thinking of when you did this thing?” Have you ever had to say it to yourself:“What got into me anyway? I thought I was further along in the Christian life than this. Here I have done this thing that I thought had long ago passed out of my life. Whatever got into me?” If you have ever had to ask yourself that, you need to learn the lesson Abraham had to learn here.

You are still capable of the worst sin that you have ever committed—and more. Abraham has been a coward for thirty years, and he is still capable of being the same coward he was at the beginning, hiding behind his wife, subjecting her to dishonor and disgrace and shame in order to protect his own skin.

This old nature with which we are born, which is perverted and twisted so that it never operates as God intended it to, is totally depraved. That does not mean that it cannot do what appears to be nice things in the eyes of others and even of ourselves. There is something about the old self, the flesh, which is able to simulate righteousness. In the flesh's pursuit after pseudorighteousness, even if it succeeds in an outward demonstration of a sweet and lovely nature, it has never achieved anything but self-righteousness. Self-righteousness always demands self-praise, a longing to be admired and to win the attention of others. If you fail in your pursuit of self-righteousness, the result is self-pity. Either way, it is the flesh, and it can never please God. This is why when God comes into the human heart through Christ, He never tries to do anything about cleaning up that old nature. He writes it off as worthless. No matter how it looks in the eyes of others, if it comes from the self-advancing, self-centered core, it is worthless, and it always will be. What you now are in the flesh you always will be, if you live a hundred years. If you lay hold of that concept, you will find it one of the most encouraging truths in your Christian life, because it will release you from that awful burden of self-effort that tries to make the old nature behave itself. You must renounce self as the Word of God tells you to and quit feeding it, protecting it, polishing it up, trying to make it look good. Give it up. Accept all that Jesus Christ is in you and wants to be through you, for His nature is perfect.

Any dependence upon self always results in the kind of experience that Abraham had. After thirty years of walking with God and learning wonderful lessons in the spiritual life, the minute he steps out of a dependence upon God, he steps back into that same ugly nature he had in the beginning, and it is unchanged after thirty years. Old natures have to be kept under control by walking in the Spirit.“Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature,” Paul tells us (Galatians 5:16).

Father, You have not called me to improve myself. Help me to recognize what I am, that in myself I can never be good enough, and to appropriate all that Christ can be to me and through me, for His life is satisfying to You.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454164 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You "should" hate suffering, and you have a right to question why it exists.
It's the same reason you and I won't live to be 1000 years old.

Why is that, June?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454165 Jun 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said baptism was necessary.
Good enough for me.
Thanks
No He Didnt. If you ever read the Bible, you would know exactly what He said.
Seems abundantly clear.

"5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit."
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454166 Jun 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good enough for me.
Thanks
Since you don't believe what Jesus said, try this source:

Martin Luther

"Baptism is no human plaything but is instituted by God himself. Moreover, it is solemnly and strictly commanded that we must be baptized or we shall not be saved. We are not to regard it as an indifferent matter, then, like putting on a new red coat. It is of the greatest importance that we regard baptism as excellent, glorious, and exalted" (Large Catechism 4:6).
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454167 Jun 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good enough for me.
Thanks
"Christians have always interpreted the Bible literally when it declares, "Baptism ... now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body, but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (1 Pet. 3:21; cf. Acts 2:38, 22:16, Rom. 6:3–4, Col. 2:11–12)."

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-necessity-...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454168 Jun 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
John baptized with water, Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
There are different baptisms Dan, Jesus said you must be born-again and that is Holy Spirit and fire baptism done by God, John baptized with water.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Jesus said water baptism is necessary, and He commanded the Apostles to do it.
Good enough for me.
Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? How many did Jesus baptize?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454169 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther
"Baptism is no human plaything but is instituted by God himself. Moreover, it is solemnly and strictly commanded that we must be baptized or we shall not be saved. We are not to regard it as an indifferent matter, then, like putting on a new red coat. It is of the greatest importance that we regard baptism as excellent, glorious, and exalted" (Large Catechism 4:6).
You quote Luther as tho he was a Protestant and then add the source as the Roman Catholic Large Catechism 4:6. Who gives a rip what Luther said? He was just a Roman Catholic priest anyway.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454170 Jun 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about your Kitty..I had mine for 15years. Gave her iv. But her front leg went ..neuron damage ..no hope held her for her last breath
.I still cry and it was years ago
I had a cat for almost 16 years, he died in my arms as well at home. Vet told me to give him Gravol to keep him quiet till I got him to the vets, he died at 7am the next morning.

This kitty is 13, they become such a part of your life.
I am going to miss her.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454171 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christians have always interpreted the Bible literally when it declares, "Baptism ... now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body, but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (1 Pet. 3:21; cf. Acts 2:38, 22:16, Rom. 6:3–4, Col. 2:11–12)."
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-necessity-...
More Roman Catholic theological nonsense.

Every time in the Bible.....EVERY TIME.....then is a profession of faith prior to baptism. It is not baptism first and then a profession of faith. If you don't believe me ..... read the BIBLE!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454172 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There are different baptisms Dan, Jesus said you must be born-again and that is Holy Spirit and fire baptism done by God, John baptized with water.
<quoted text>
Necessary to "enter the Kingdom of God".
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454173 Jun 19, 2013
Have You Come to “When” Yet?

The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends —Job 42:10

A pitiful, sickly, and self-centered kind of prayer and a determined effort and selfish desire to be right with God are never found in the New Testament. The fact that I am trying to be right with God is actually a sign that I am rebelling against the atonement by the Cross of Christ. I pray,“Lord, I will purify my heart if You will answer my prayer— I will walk rightly before You if You will help me.” But I cannot make myself right with God; I cannot make my life perfect. I can only be right with God if I accept the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ as an absolute gift. Am I humble enough to accept it? I have to surrender all my rights and demands, and cease from every self-effort. I must leave myself completely alone in His hands, and then I can begin to pour my life out in the priestly work of intercession. There is a great deal of prayer that comes from actual disbelief in the atonement. Jesus is not just beginning to save us— He has already saved us completely. It is an accomplished fact, and it is an insult to Him for us to ask Him to do what He has already done.

If you are not now receiving the “hundredfold” which Jesus promised (see Matthew 19:29), and not getting insight into God’s Word, then start praying for your friends— enter into the ministry of the inner life.“The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends.” As a saved soul, the real business of your life is intercessory prayer. Whatever circumstances God may place you in, always pray immediately that His atonement may be recognized and as fully understood in the lives of others as it has been in yours. Pray for your friends now, and pray for those with whom you come in
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454174 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Necessary to "enter the Kingdom of God".
Bull snickers.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454175 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems abundantly clear.
"5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit."
like Marge just told you. that verse has NOTHING to do with Water Baptism.

born of water. your birth into this world.

born of spirit. your birth into His heavenly Kingdom.

every Christian will tell you the same thing on here, and you think we all disagree about everything.lol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#454176 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther
I sincerely believe what Jesus said, but luther is just a man with his own agenda and opinion. and as such I dont believe he is correct.

it took a lawyer to stop and relaize what Jesus wa talking about and even then he questioned his thoughts wondering how he COULD BE BORN PHYSICALLY AGAIN.

so stop and think about what his words were implying and you will see the ignorance of martin luther.lol..

and as a clincher, I wouldnt trust any man who goes around constantly scratching his rectum, not to mention a man with Minears Disease from his many escapades with young women
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454177 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You quote Luther as tho he was a Protestant and then add the source as the Roman Catholic Large Catechism 4:6. Who gives a rip what Luther said? He was just a Roman Catholic priest anyway.
Old Fool-

It's from Luther's catechism, not the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Bet your minister's proud now.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454178 Jun 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>like Marge just told you. that verse has NOTHING to do with Water Baptism.
born of water. your birth into this world.
born of spirit. your birth into His heavenly Kingdom.
every Christian will tell you the same thing on here, and you think we all disagree about everything.lol
No, Jesus didn't say that unless a man be born on Earth and then be born of spirit, he can't enter Heaven.

What utter nonsense.

No Christian believed that until the Reformation, and no real Christian believes it now.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454179 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Bull snickers.
....says the guy who couldn't even tell the difference between Luther's Catechism and the Catholic Catechism.

Brining a knife to a gunfight, JG.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454180 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Jesus said water baptism is necessary, and He commanded the Apostles to do it.
Good enough for me.
Do you believe he baptized Christians???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 9 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web