Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,552
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454137 Jun 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Fasting in the Orthodox Church
General Guidelines for Fasting 2011
The guiding rule of the Fathers - never eat to the point of feeling full but rise from the table knowing that more could be taken and one is ready for prayer.
Fasting is never required when there are health issues that require the eating of certain foods.
Parents decide what age to begin a child fasting from foods. More importantly is teaching the fasting from behaviors not pleasing to God.
Foods allowed during Lent - this is considered Strict Fast
A vegetarian diet including but not limited to bread, grains, vegetables, soup, tofu, fruits, nuts, beans, shellfish, octopus, squid, juice, coffee, tea or water.
Foods not allowed during Great Lent:
All meat, poultry, fish, olive oil (vegetable oil is allowed), dairy products, cheese, milk, butter, eggs, and alcoholic beverages. Fish & olive oil are allowed on March 25 (Feast of the Annunciation) and Palm Sunday, April 17, 2011.
Days on which the number of meals is limited:
It is customary to limit the number of strict fast meals on Clean Monday (the first day of Lent, March 7, 2011), and on any day that you are preparing to receive Communion at a Presanctified liturgy.
Preparing for Presanctified Liturgies in the late afternoon:
There are three ways to prepare depending upon your personal abilities.
• If you are able - keep complete fast the entire day and have a meal after the Liturgy
• Or have a fast worthy breakfast, no lunch followed by a meal after the Liturgy
• Or have a fast worthy breakfast followed by a light lunch and a meal after the Liturgy.
Fasting Recommendation for Assumption Parishioners
Level I is recommended for those who never or rarely keep the fast throughout the year on Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Start by not eating any meat the first week of Lent and during Holy Week.
• Do not eat meat every Wednesday and Friday during Lent.
• Attempt to continue the Wednesday, Friday fast throughout the rest of the year and graduate next year to Level II.
Level II is recommended for those who keep the fast on Wednesdays and Fridays throughout the year but rarely follow a strict fast including dairy products and fish.
• 40 days no meat, plus all of Holy Week
• Dairy products & fish are allowed but not on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Level III is the ideal for those who fast throughout the year.
• 40 days of Lent and Holy Week are kept as a strict fast.
You may create your own guidelines that may be a combination of the above recommendations, please consult your priest if you have questions.
http://www.assumptionaz.org/studies_in_orthod...
Thanks.

I didn't really care, but Seraphima thinks it's really important that I know the Orthodox don't eat the fish they sell here in Omaha.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454138 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 is the passage.
Romans 3:23 deals with personal sin. Jesus Christ was without personal sin, I hope you'd admit.
Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.
NABre

28And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.

Where do it say: full of grace?????!!!

Hello!!!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#454139 Jun 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good 4 U.
Nobody is forcing you to believe in 'our' Diety either!
What kinda moron spends hrs trying to trash something that doesn't even exist??
Found a kindred spirit looks like!!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454140 Jun 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>man am I lucky I'm not religious,do all groups act this nutty?
LOL not all Jethro, but their are a few in each group.

My cat is not doing well, I have to put her down.
she has lost use of her back legs.
I hate this .
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#454141 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
...by Avro Manhattan?
Probably not.
Jack Chick sells his books. That's all we need to know about him and his work.
Nothing to do with Jack Chick.

Avro Manhattan...
Born in Milan, Italy on April 6, 1914 to American and Swiss/Dutch parents of Jewish extraction, Manhattan was educated at the Sorbonne and the London School of Economics.

During World War II, Manhattan was jailed in Italy for refusing to serve in Benito Mussolini's fascist army.

Later during the war, he operated a radio station called "Radio Freedom" broadcasting to nations occupied by the Axis Powers.

For this service he was made a Knight of Malta.

His friends included H G Wells, Pablo Picasso, George Bernard Shaw and scientist Marie Stopes.

Manhattan spent much of his later life after 1979 at the ornately decorated home of his wife's late mother in South Shields, North East England.

Jack Chick? Nowhere to be seen! You are wrong again, Dan.

Now go study your catechism.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454142 Jun 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It don't work without the dang code June! An we gotta wait till this stupid planet(solar system) is just above the galactic plane of alignment(it's one o' them "free power" glitches). The Mayans knew all about it.
Dang it all anyway. But have faith that whatever happens, it must be accepted as Jehovah's will. It was written by some old "moldy" theologians, so it must be true.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#454143 Jun 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate this .
I am so sorry to hear this. I know it is heart breaking when you have to do whats best for the companion that you love.I had to do this also this year.You dont want the to suffer so you have to do whats best.God Bless you.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454144 Jun 19, 2013
Play In Pain

June 19, 2013 — by David C. Egner

Our Daily Bread

Read: Lamentations 3:1-3, 25-33

Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion.—Lamentations 3:32

Nehemiah 12-13; Acts 4:23-37

Baseball Hall-of-Fame catcher Gary Carter was a follower of Jesus. During his 19-year career, he drew strength and endurance from his faith in God to compete day after day. In an article that appeared in the Wall Street Journal shortly after Carter died of brain cancer at age 57, writer Andrew Klavan told how Carter had influenced his life.

In the late 1980s, Klavan had sunk to a low point in his life. His mind dwelt on suicide. Then he heard Carter interviewed after a game. His team, the New York Mets, had won, and the aging catcher had helped by running hard at a critical point in the game. Carter was asked how he could do that with his aching knees. Klavan heard him say something like this:“Sometimes you just have to play in pain.” That simple statement helped draw Klavan out of his depression.“I can do that!” he declared. Encouraged, he found hope—and later became a believer in Christ.

The comforting truth behind Carter’s statement comes from Lamentations. We may face sorrow, pain, and hardship, but we don’t have to sink into self-pity. The same God who allows our suffering also showers us with His compassion (Lam. 3:32). With God’s love lifting us up, we can—if we have to—“play” in pain.
Along life’s pathway troubles come
That God will help us bear;
Then we can look beyond the pain
To those who need our care.—Branon

God will either spare you from suffering or give you the grace to bear it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454145 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give odds and bet that you are not able to quote Scripture that supports this bag of hot air: Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.
I will double my bet and raise the odds that you will okay one of your "tradition" cards....which the pope regurgitated and you swallowed it whole...licked your lips and said: Dang!!!! that was tasty!!!!
BTW..Joseph soiled her vessel....many many times: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife...
Luke 1:28.

Prince George, Canada

#454146 Jun 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you know it is very sad to say this but I trust no catholic on this forum...wish I could..
Concerning what remain mysteries, I don't trust anyone to tell the truth.

Bragging about having solved mysteries when there is no proof one way or the other ... is a fool's game.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454147 Jun 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you know it is very sad to say this but I trust no catholic on this forum...wish I could..
Well, I said they threw a fish fry and gave you the name of the church and the menu and prices.

Prince George, Canada

#454148 Jun 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
Our Daily Bread
When all the starving babies, children and adults have daily bread, they can also be thankful for THEIR daily bread.

Until then, your thankfulness is based on the idea that your prayers are answered, and their prayers are denied.

Not a good plan on which to "bank."

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454149 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
NABre
28And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.
Where do it say: full of grace?????!!!
Hello!!!!
The Latin vulgate translates to "Hail, full of grace".

Douay-Rheims & Wycliffe.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#454150 Jun 19, 2013
Some interesting reading here...
http://seawaves.us/na/web4/VaticansHolocaust....
Such as...

Chapter 4 The nightmare of a nation
The Archbishop and Bishops support a Catholic Dictator - "We have three million bullets." - Catholic concentration camps for children - Orders: "Cremate people alive."

Chapter 5
The triumph of terrorism
Punitive expeditions - The pattern of mass executions - The Franciscan pupil who cut the throats of 1,360 prisoners - Pushed alive into their graves - Orthodox Serbs crucified - Eyes torn from their sockets.

Chapter 7
Catholic friars, priests, executioners, bishops and murderers
Orthodox clergy murdered - The Canon with the bull whip - Catholic persuasion and bayonets - Certificates of honesty for re-Christening in the Catholic Church - Conversion or death - "He converted six thousand persons." - A Franciscan monster: Father Filipovic.

Chapter 9
Catholic campaign of denial, smear and falsification
How the First News reached the outside world - Dr. Sekulich and the "Gestapo." - A Catholic liar at the White House - Winston Churchill issues a writ - What Mrs. Roosevelt said - "I write to save my soul." - The Archbishop's answer: "I have forwarded everything to the Vatican."

Chapter 13
The Vatican, the Mafia and the USA. Why they enlisted war criminals, Stalin and one third of Europe.
The Mafia recruited by the Vatican and the USA - The Mafia helps the Vatican save tons of holy silver - Why the Vatican and the USA enlisted war criminals - The menace of Soviet Russia - Stalin swallows up one-third of Europe - The Vatican-USA secret Alliance to stop him.

Chapter 20
The Virgin Mary and the Secretary of the USA Navy call for World War III
Consecration of the World to the Virgin Mary - The Cult of Fatima - Its anti-Russian significance - Catholic volunteers with the Nazi Armies on the Russian Front - USA-Russian atomic race - USA theologians advocate atomic war - The American Secretary of Defense jumps from a 16th floor window - USA Cardinal Spellman and Pope Pius XII support "the morality of a preventive atomic war." - Ante Pavelich and the Ustashi make ready for World War III.

Some of his books were published by Chick Pub but not written by Jack Chick who is hated by Catholics for exposing their false beliefs.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454151 Jun 19, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with Jack Chick.
Avro Manhattan...
Born in Milan, Italy on April 6, 1914 to American and Swiss/Dutch parents of Jewish extraction, Manhattan was educated at the Sorbonne and the London School of Economics.
During World War II, Manhattan was jailed in Italy for refusing to serve in Benito Mussolini's fascist army.
Later during the war, he operated a radio station called "Radio Freedom" broadcasting to nations occupied by the Axis Powers.
For this service he was made a Knight of Malta.
His friends included H G Wells, Pablo Picasso, George Bernard Shaw and scientist Marie Stopes.
Manhattan spent much of his later life after 1979 at the ornately decorated home of his wife's late mother in South Shields, North East England.
Jack Chick? Nowhere to be seen! You are wrong again, Dan.
Now go study your catechism.
Jack Chick sells his books.

If Jack Chick thinks you're onto something, it ,means just the opposite.

thanks

Prince George, Canada

#454152 Jun 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am so sorry to hear this. I know it is heart breaking when you have to do whats best for the companion that you love.I had to do this also this year.You dont want the to suffer so you have to do whats best.God Bless you.
If a god cared there would be NO suffering for cats, or any other forms of life.

So why do you ask your image of a god TO care, when if care by a supposed all-powerful deity existed, suffering would NOT exist?

Prince George, Canada

#454153 Jun 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate this .
You "should" hate suffering, and you have a right to question why it exists.
marge

Ames, IA

#454154 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said baptism was necessary.
Good enough for me.
Thanks
John baptized with water, Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

There are different baptisms Dan, Jesus said you must be born-again and that is Holy Spirit and fire baptism done by God, John baptized with water.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#454155 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When all the starving babies, children and adults have daily bread, they can also be thankful for THEIR daily bread.
Until then, your thankfulness is based on the idea that your prayers are answered, and their prayers are denied.
Not a good plan on which to "bank."
Bible Verse of the Day

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Prince George, Canada

#454156 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Latin vulgate translates to "Hail, full of grace".
Douay-Rheims & Wycliffe.
Jerome (one man) translated the whole bible.

How fascinating that people would believe he got all the meanings exactly the way the previous authors had intended them to be read.

Many people of the era believed the vulgate to be blasphemy. And so it went and so it goes. Gossip and more gossip taught as truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 min Scales Off 8,533
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 6 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) 19 hr kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) 20 hr tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Atheist Silurist 23
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Oct 21 Serkan Turkbayram 6
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE