Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,885
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#454080 Jun 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, of courde it is!
Well over half the bible is devoted to sex or it's supposed perversion!
true incest the lucky guy got it from his two daughters, to bad he was to drunk to enjoy it. it's in the bible so it's ok for them to do that. What happens if the daughter becomes pregnant? the child will definitely be born with all kinds of defects.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#454081 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
"BILLIONS" of what?
They don't have that kind of cash.
Jesus doesn't care for lying much.
Dollars, Pesos, Euros – whatever.
A Basilica costs millions and the Roman Catholic Church has many of them.
Some are in very poor countries.
Avro Manhattan wrote a book about the “The Vatican Billions” and it is very interesting and authentic.
http://archive.org/details/TheVaticanBillions

From... http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/vat...
Jesus, the founder of Christianity, was the poorest of the poor.

Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth.

How come, that such an institution, ruling in the name of this same itinerant preacher, whose want was such that he had not even a pillow upon which to rest his head, is now so top-heavy with riches that she can rival - indeed, that she can put to shame - the combined might of the most redoubtable financial trusts, of the most potent industrial super-giants, and of the most prosperous global corporation of the world?

It is a question that has echoed along the sombre corridors of history during almost 2,000 years; a question that has puzzled, bewildered and angered in turn untold multitudes from the first centuries to our days.

The startling contradiction of the tremendous riches of the Roman Catholic Church with the direct teaching of Christ concerning their unambiguous rejection, is TOO GLARING to be by-passed, tolerated or ignored by even the most indifferent of believers.

In the past, indeed, some of the most virulent fulminations against such mammonic accumulation came from individuals whose zeal and religious fervour were second to none.

Their denunciations of the wealth, pomp, luxury and worldly habits of abbots, bishops, cardinals and popes can still be heard thundering with unabated clamour at the opening of almost any page of the chequered annals of western history.

But, while it was to their credit that such men had the honesty to denounce the very church to which they had dedicated their lives, it is also to the latter’s discredit that she took no heed of the voices of anguish and anger of those of her sons who had taken the teaching of the Gospel to the letter and therefore were eager that the Roman Catholic system, which claimed to be the true bride of Christ, be as poor as one she called master.

When she did not silence them, she ignored them or, at the most, considered them utterances of religious innocents, to be tolerated as long as her revenue was not made to suffer.

Whenever that happened the Vatican did not hesitate to resort of the most prompt and drastic coercion to silence anyone capable of setting in motion forces, within or outside her, likely to divest her of her wealth.

So Dan, no need for crass inorance now. You have been corrected.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454082 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
It is 13:8.....
I will need some help.
Re 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
I fail to see how that verse "fills the bill" of: Show me Scripture that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT...Please elucidate...
And, in the time period "before the foundation of the world" all I see is a vast space of nothing...a vacuum...no life of any sort...except God....so whom slew Him before the foundation of the world?
None of us were there 'before the foundation of the world', and none of us is God. So we will have to wait until that is revealed. Scripture tells us that they things that are revealed are ours, but the things that are NOT revealed are His.
God does do things by pattern, though. He showed Moses exactly how He wanted the tabernacle in the wilderness to be made. The temple in Jerusalem was designed the same way. Looking down on it from above, its pieces form a cross. Then, reading Revelations, we see that heaven's tabernacle is the pattern that God has used.
So you see, the CROSS was there in the O.T. tabernacle.(We were always on His mind.)
KayMarie
When I asked for Scripture that teaches Christ lived on this earth some 33 years, was crucified, died, was buried, and ascended in to Heaven, before He did so, as told in the NT, you quoted the following verse...and it does no such thing.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It teaches that the "him" who will be worshiped by all that dwell upon the earth is the beast. All who do so, their names are not in the book of life. The slain Lamb is Christ who was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454083 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
pummeling???
Who pummeled you ..We post you definitely post ..
Those in religion can't pummel me emotionally with their supposed truth of scriptures, because I don't believe a word they preach.

But they have and can pummel the self-worth of those who believe that they DO preach truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

A grandmother shared her heart-breaking story on television. She wanted others to learn from what she believed was her mistake.

She told of her “previous” strict religious indoctrination, that if people were gay they would burn in hell in the hereafter.

When her grandson, whom she adored, came to her and told her he was gay, she was full of fear. She dragged him from one minister to another, who told him that if he did not change his ways, he would not be in heaven.

The grandson begged his grandmother over and over to not try to change him. He tried to convince her that he could not change who he was, but she was so filled with fear for his eternal soul, she paid him no heed.

He took his own life.

She was sobbing with emotion, and said, that if she had it to do over again … just as he was, she would have accepted him. She said she was SO sorry!

What a tough lesson for that poor woman.

In my opinion, religion that teaches such skewed doctrine belongs in the garbage can with the rest of the slime.

usa

#454084 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no idea what you are trying to say...a safe bet...you don't either!!!!
I'd have to go back an look don't remember at this time, it was something stated to you that you doubted and I found interesting.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#454085 Jun 19, 2013
From Avro Manhattan...
Constantine recognized Christianity in A.D. 313. Thence forward a new phase was initiated.

The Church Triumphant began to vest herself with the raiment of the world. The state became the protector.

With this came not only power, but also wealth. Accumulation of the latter was no longer regarded solely for the purpose of helping the poor.

It became a visible testimony to her newly found status; a necessity which went with her prestige and mounting strength and power.

This was reflected in the multiplying erection of prestigious cathedrals, the opulence of the vestments of her prelates, the magnificence of her liturgy. Parallel with these grew unchecked worldly pride, also mounting greed for earthly riches.

The two begot lack of charity, which turned soon into blatant intolerance.

Pagan temples were either closed, transformed into Christian shrines or demolished.

Their properties were summarily added to the Church’s patrimony.

The wealth of sundry religions was mercilessly expropriated, their clergy dismissed or persecuted, when not civilly or even physically obliterated.

This transfer of political might made an easy transition into acquisitional power, the Roman Catholic Church set out in earnest to promote a policy of swift appropriation of real estate, of highly remunerative governmental posts, and even of speculative monetary and commercial enterprises.

Simultaneously with the accelerated growth of prestige, might and wealth, a new factor appeared on the scene amidst the ruins of the classic and the new emerging cultures: the monastic communities.

These, the nuclei of which had come to the fore in original obscurity even when the Church was being persecuted, now transformed themselves into vast associations of pious individuals determined to ensure the spiritual riches of heaven by the abandonment of the riches of the earth.

But now, unlike their predecessors the anonymous hermits who sustained themselves solely upon locusts and spring water, their imitators found it increasingly difficult to follow such a strict mode of life.

The legacies of the pious, the presents of parcels of expensive lands, estates and goods from newly converted highly placed pagan individuals, and the thanksgiving of repentant sinners, all contributed within a few centuries to make the monastic families in Europe the custodians of earthly riches and thus the administrators of earthly goods.

This Church soon found herself not only on a par with the political and military potentates of this world, but equally a competitor with these amassers of wealth, from her high prelates, consorting with the high officials of the imperial court, to the monastic communities, springing up with ever more frequency in the semi-abandoned hamlets of former Roman colonies.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/vat...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#454086 Jun 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Din't worry June. You will not be going to hell (like you might imagine it). You will have to ride the "special" bus with the rest of us to the pubic pool for those who do not believe in some "special" archaic deity. We will also have to take community naked showers together, as there will be so many of us they will not have facility to care for individual sects. Probably about 30% or more of us will revolt, and be moved to another planet...just like in the original heaven.
See you there!
I wanna go to a new planet!!!

:o)

usa

#454087 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no idea what you are trying to say...a safe bet...you don't either!!!!
P.S. I always know what I'm saying.

Albuquerque, NM

#454088 Jun 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, don't you realize that this means you are trusting your own efforts, and not Jesus, to save you?
Absolutely, we should try to live holy lives, for any number of reasons. But UNLESS you can live a PERFECT life, 100% sinless in every possible way life, you are damned.
James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
Jesus WANTS us to trust Him to save us. If He didn't, He wouldn't have laid down His life for us, nor sent us the Counselor at Pentecost.
Self.

It all begins and ends with you.

usa

#454089 Jun 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies, Oxbow. I mistook you for a nice person.
he's a sweet heart,(closet catholic, mean an nasty).

Prince George, Canada

#454090 Jun 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>that is still going on today an Indian woman was having a miscarriage for 3 days she begged the( catholic) hospital to help her and they refused, she died from blood poisoning needlessly, she died because it was a catholic country, why be in the business of saving lives when your not going to do it? I bet her husband got a bill. how low can you get. total disgrace, I'm glad to see them selling their hospitals around here, give people a better chance of survival.
They never have treated women well, and the fact that they place the fetuses to be of higher value than the women, doesn't bode well for the men of the hierarchy that worship a supposed Jew and his supposed Jewish mother, whom they now refer to as a Catholic saint.

Albuquerque, NM

#454091 Jun 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems the pedophiles have quite a great reward from the RCC.
However, the cathaholic comrads have had to pay dearly for their efforts to cover up their "indulgences".
Where was your deity in all this?
Or was he the one promoting it all?
"it's all part of God's plan" - don't you know anything?

Prince George, Canada

#454092 Jun 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna go to a new planet!!!
Have you got a grudge against the neighboring planets???

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#454093 Jun 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies, Oxbow. I mistook you for a nice person.
Maybe you should "offer him the other cheek" as Jesus instructed.

Prince George, Canada

#454094 Jun 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>P.S. I always know what I'm saying.
Stop complaining!!!

Prince George, Canada

#454095 Jun 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
It all begins and ends with you.
OH I don't think it will ever end??? That would be TOO much to ask.

Albuquerque, NM

#454096 Jun 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If an when you prove your deity exists, then we may proceed to the other semantics.
So far you are on losing ground, How about you try to level the "playing field" first.
Don't try to spew rhetoric in the name of a deity you can not even prove exists...we will laugh at you as the joke you are......
"BT42 meet hojo".....*scary music begins in the background*

Albuquerque, NM

#454097 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you see the sunshine.
Can you feel the rain.
How about the,precious love of a baby.
Those are all evidence of God's love
No they aren't. In fact, they are all actions by a person or their "Self".

If you are trying to imply that the "Self" is part "God", then you are right.

Albuquerque, NM

#454098 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You just contend long enough that He does not exist.. you will stand before Him...Just as sure as you exist..you will face Him...
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
It is THEN that you will rue the day that you have made the decision to deny Him...
"Just as sure as you exist..you will face Him..."
- you can't prove this to be true, so why exclaim it? Are you trying to cause fear in another? Shame on you.

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, when it came to describing the "kingdom of God"?

usa

#454099 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you forgetting that according to theology, Jehovah created evil? It's apparent that all Christians want to believe that Jehovah created only good ... but you are on purpose ignoring the half of the scripture that disturbs you.
If Jehovah created evil along with good, then you best be careful when you claim that evil is the absence of good. That would mean that you are arguing with Jehovah.
If you are not honest about the many discrepancies written by the theologians ... you will ignore the lies ... and it is NOT good to be dishonest with self.
That is why religion owns so many people.
I didn't claim this, I just borrowed this from a school boy talking to his teacher, the student was Einstein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 13 hr Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Thu pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Thu PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••