Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,616
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454039 Jun 19, 2013
It's amazing how many Christians claim they worship the ONE god, and yet they pay no attention to Judaism, which would have been the favorite religion of the god of the Jews.

No Jewish god would say "Go be a Catholic or a Protestant or a Muslim" ... unless of course he had bugs in his belfry.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#454040 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is 13:8.....
I will need some help.
Re 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
I fail to see how that verse "fills the bill" of: Show me Scripture that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT...Please elucidate...
And, in the time period "before the foundation of the world" all I see is a vast space of nothing...a vacuum...no life of any sort...except God....so whom slew Him before the foundation of the world?
DO YO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION WAS SPOKEN FORTH BEFORE THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED.. AND THAT... TIME ..TO HIM ..........HAS NO ESSENCE

Do you not comprehend that..WHATEVER God spoke it forth IS AS GOOD as accomplished.

Have you not read in Genesis (ABOUT THE CREATION) that WHEN GOD SAID LET

THERE BE...

THERE WAS...

IT WAS ACCOMPLISHED..

FULFILLED...

DONE.

.MATERIALIZED...

----

GOD CANNOT LIE...

WHAT HE PLANS,

SPEAKS FORTH

IS AS GOOD AS ACCOMPLISHED

WHEN HE VERBALIZES IT.

GOD SAID IN

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

it shall not return unto me void,

but it shall accomplish that which I please, and

it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454041 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The KJV has only the Sacred Inspired Word of God...and that is all we need...you guys need more that that...teachings from dead men you have dubbed "Saint"...your "traditions"...your magnasterium (probably misspelled)...
Since a Catholic needs more than the Bible, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works....per the Word of God...
Um, the KJV was WRITTEN by the "dead men...dubbed "Saint" from the "tradition" handed them beginning with the Apostles.

Prince George, Canada

#454042 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The KJV has only the Sacred Inspired Word of God
Jehovah inspired men to write the KJV???

What proof do you have that he committed to that tricky deed???

OH yes ... you took the words of Protestant theologians as the one and only truth.

There's a "lot" of that frivolous gossip going around to feed gullible humans lusting after truth.
youtube

AOL

#454043 Jun 19, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

Prince George, Canada

#454044 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the KJV was WRITTEN by the "dead men...dubbed "Saint" from the "tradition" handed them beginning with the Apostles.
The gossip gets more flamboyant with each telling and retelling.

You are all religious gossip-mongers.

Prince George, Canada

#454045 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION WAS SPOKEN FORTH BEFORE THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED.. AND THAT... TIME ..TO HIM ..........HAS NO ESSENCE
Do you not comprehend that..WHATEVER God spoke it forth IS AS GOOD as accomplished.
Have you not read in Genesis (ABOUT THE CREATION) that WHEN GOD SAID LET
THERE BE...
THERE WAS...
IT WAS ACCOMPLISHED..
FULFILLED...
DONE.
.MATERIALIZED...
----
GOD CANNOT LIE...
WHAT HE PLANS,
SPEAKS FORTH
IS AS GOOD AS ACCOMPLISHED
WHEN HE VERBALIZES IT.
GOD SAID IN
Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please, and
it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Careful you don't cause your self a scripture-hernia.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#454046 Jun 19, 2013
They all claim to not know the mind of Jehovah ... yet they constantly behave as though they know.

Double-talking is the name of the religious game.

Location hidden

#454047 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll use the KJV to be fair.
"16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
.....in the passage, "perfect" isn't ascribed to "scripture". It describes the man of God.
Scripture is helpful to make the man of God perfect, thoroughly equipped, et. al.
It doesn't say that scripture is "sufficient" in Greek nor English.
2 Timothy is replete with citations where he tells that the message of the Gospel was taught by people. He didn't throw Bibles at people; he taught.
The fact that one relies on a 2 Tim. to tell how "profitable" the Bible is indicates that a teacher with authority is necessary.
Scripture is not "helpful" to make the man of God perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works....it does...nothing else is needed...per Scripture....

What you are saying is that God, who is perfect,cannot make any errors, is infallible, His inspired Word is not enough for Catholics...you need more...teachings from dead men...your traditions...your magnasterium (misspelled I am sure)....

Location hidden

#454048 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll use the KJV to be fair.
"16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
.....in the passage, "perfect" isn't ascribed to "scripture". It describes the man of God.
Scripture is helpful to make the man of God perfect, thoroughly equipped, et. al.
It doesn't say that scripture is "sufficient" in Greek nor English.
2 Timothy is replete with citations where he tells that the message of the Gospel was taught by people. He didn't throw Bibles at people; he taught.
The fact that one relies on a 2 Tim. to tell how "profitable" the Bible is indicates that a teacher with authority is necessary.
And....

Call him a teacher...a Pastor....a Preacher...to be a man of God, all he needs is Scripture...per the Scripture you quoted...

Prince George, Canada

#454049 Jun 19, 2013
Some idiot way back when started a rumor that a god said something.

And since that day every bozo with half a brain has been claiming that a god also spoke to HIM!

And they all told and tell different stories of what the gods SAID.

Yet, they also claim that the god is beyond all knowing, and they don't see that as a conflicting statement.

There's no cure for human stupidity.

Location hidden

#454050 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here.
I was baptized, which remitted my original sin and joined me to the Kingdom of God.
Good one, huh?
All Catholics are sprinkled with water as babies.....according to what you are saying....that makes all Catholics Saved....it don't get more simple than that!!!!!

How do you square that with:

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

How can a baby "hope"?

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

How can a baby keep in memory what has been preached to it???

#454051 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some idiot way back when started a rumor that a god said something.
And since that day every bozo with half a brain has been claiming that a god also spoke to HIM!
And they all told and tell different stories of what the gods SAID.
Yet, they also claim that the god is beyond all knowing, and they don't see that as a conflicting statement.
There's no cure for human stupidity.
~~~

THE STUPID ONE ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE IS

Psa_14:1 A Psalm of David.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454052 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture is not "helpful" to make the man of God perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works....it does...nothing else is needed...per Scripture....
What you are saying is that God, who is perfect,cannot make any errors, is infallible, His inspired Word is not enough for Catholics...you need more...teachings from dead men...your traditions...your magnasterium (misspelled I am sure)....
What I'm saying, first, is that "profitable" means what it means.

Second, I'm saying the Scripture is not ALL Christ left us with, so I should embrace the entire deposit of faith.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454053 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All Catholics are sprinkled with water as babies.....according to what you are saying....that makes all Catholics Saved....it don't get more simple than that!!!!!
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
How can a baby "hope"?
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
You asked, I answered.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454054 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a baby "hope"?
........and John 3:5 squares me with it.

Thanks!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#454055 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Having been in religion, I understand the emotional high of believing that a god is your best buddy.
If that was all there was to it, religion would be harmless. But it is not that simple.
People in religion USE their religion to emotionally and physically pummel others to see it their own way, all too often being certain that there IS no other way.
Religion is not good.

pummeling???

Who pummeled you ..We post you definitely post ..

You are on a forum with religion as the subject..what else do you expect but to read about religious belief.

You mock that belief all day long and I still don't know why..you say it's to make us know our heartfelt beliefs are not right

June and all the writers you post know better.

And you say you are pummeled..odd take on it

#454056 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
They all claim to not know the mind of Jehovah ... yet they constantly behave as though they know.
Double-talking is the name of the religious game.
~~~

Especially the atheist religion...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#454057 Jun 19, 2013
The Jesuits owned slaves in Maryland up until the 1850s, and did not liberate them. They justified slavery, sold these human beings and used the money to set Georgetown University on a firm financial ground."
- National Catholic Reporter, by John Dear SJ on Jan. 08, 2008

Interesting.

Location hidden

#454058 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 is the passage.
Romans 3:23 deals with personal sin. Jesus Christ was without personal sin, I hope you'd admit.
Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.
Why are you refusing to answer my question??

Quote: What does this mean to you: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 8,649
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... 16 hr RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' 22 hr RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Fri KidlatNgayon 65
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE