Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658798 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454202 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Jesus said water baptism is necessary, and He commanded the Apostles to do it.
Good enough for me.
Hey boy, you gonna answer the questions? Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? How many did Jesus baptize?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#454203 Jun 19, 2013
Did you see who is within you?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454204 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Fool-
It's from Luther's catechism, not the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Bet your minister's proud now.
Old pervert. Bet your priest is proud. Oops.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#454205 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
When I asked for Scripture that teaches Christ lived on this earth some 33 years, was crucified, died, was buried, and ascended in to Heaven, before He did so, as told in the NT, you quoted the following verse...and it does no such thing.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
It teaches that the "him" who will be worshiped by all that dwell upon the earth is the beast. All who do so, their names are not in the book of life. The slain Lamb is Christ who was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
(1)All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (anti-Christ)
...ALL whose names are NOT written in the book of life...
(2)The book of life OF THE LAMB (Jesus)
...the Lamb (who was) slain FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
KayMarie
It makes sense we were made through Him and for Him.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#454206 Jun 19, 2013
who="Oxbow"
When I asked for Scripture that teaches Christ lived on this earth some 33 years, was crucified, died, was buried, and ascended in to Heaven, before He did so, as told in the NT, you quoted the following verse...and it does no such thing.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
It teaches that the "him" who will be worshiped by all that dwell upon the earth is the beast. All who do so, their names are not in the book of life. The slain Lamb is Christ who was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
KayMarie
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In my Bible in Rev 13:8....."him" is the beast...not the anti-Christ...

When I bought my Bible...it was new... sounds like you bought a used one...

Does it really say, the anti-Christ and not the beast as in:

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the anti-Christ: and they worshipped the anti-Christ, saying, Who is like unto the anti-Christ? who is able to make war with him?

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454207 Jun 19, 2013
who="Oxbow"
KayMarie
"Beloved are the people Israel, for they are called children of God; it is even a greater love that it was made known to them that they are called children of God, as it said,'You are the children of the Lord, your God. Beloved are the people Israel, for a precious article [the Torah] was given to them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_the_chos...

Prince George, Canada

#454208 Jun 19, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Without sufering there' no endurance hence we end up with wimpy secular liberals such as you that want everything for free.
Is that why Jehovah created non-human animals to suffer???

Prince George, Canada

#454209 Jun 19, 2013
who="Oxbow"
KayMarie
Rabbinic Jewish views of chosenness

The idea of chosenness has traditionally been interpreted by Jews in two ways: one way is that God chose the Israelites, while the other is that the Israelites chose God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_the_chos...

Location hidden

#454210 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Men" as in "mankind".
Dumb question...but I need an answer....was Mary a member of mankind?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#454211 Jun 19, 2013
it is written you can't hide nothing
i told you you reject what is most holy..i told you you neglected your god as well you accuse prosecuted and charge..
now how you can call holy..accusers is some killers is some judges of them is some..
you serving opposite side church leaders and so on are some as before and today..they don't liked innocent honest righteousness people ..they liked themself on evil pride way..

you not honor me less love me..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454212 Jun 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Now how would I know if that church had a fish fry...
You seemed quite certain that they didn't. Several times, in fact.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454213 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb question...but I need an answer....was Mary a member of mankind?
Sure.

She was an exception.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454214 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Old pervert. Bet your priest is proud. Oops.
At least you spelled it correctly.

Progress.

Location hidden

#454215 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28.
NABre

28And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.

Where does it say "full of Grace"???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454216 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey boy, you gonna answer the questions? Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? How many did Jesus baptize?
I responded.

Thanks

Location hidden

#454217 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28.
And...where does it say she was conceived without sin????

28And coming to her, he said,“Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#454218 Jun 19, 2013
evil is evil..evil is real..
so simple ..in within.. as they make perfection..but they are not perfect..as we know ..
because 'it is written'..'all angels and demons will fall'
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454219 Jun 19, 2013
Baptism is one of the most controversial issues in the Christian faith. Infant baptism vs. believer's baptism? Baptism by immersion or baptism by sprinkling/pouring? Baptism as a symbolic act of obedience and identification with Christ's death and resurrection vs. baptism as a requirement that God will not grant salvation without? Out of all of these debates, by far the most important is the question: Is baptism required for salvation?

What makes this question difficult is the fact that there are some Scripture verses which seem to indicate that baptism is necessary for salvation (Mark 16:16; John 3:5; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Galatians 3:27; 1 Peter 3:21). However, there are numerous other Scripture references which clearly and explicitly state that salvation is received by faith, with no other requirement (John 1:12; 3:16, 18, 36; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Further, in 1 Corinthians 1:14-17, the Apostle Paul makes it clear that baptism is not an aspect of the gospel. In Paul's brief outline of the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, baptism is not even mentioned.

To add baptism, or any other work, to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to secure our salvation. To say we must be baptized in order to be saved is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). If we must do anything beyond receiving by faith God's salvation, that makes salvation dependent on our works, instead of dependent on the perfect and complete sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Yes, there are some verses that seem to indicate baptism as a necessary requirement for salvation. However, Scripture does not contradict Scripture. If the Bible says that salvation is received by faith, with no other requirement (and it says that numerous times), then there is nothing else that can be added as a requirement for salvation with making God's Word contradict itself. The Bible verses that clearly link salvation and baptism do so because baptism identifies conversion; it is the declaration that salvation has occurred. The idea of an un-baptized believer was anathema to the New Testament writers. If a person claimed to believe in Christ, but was ashamed to proclaim that faith in public, it would be an indication that the person's faith was not genuine.

Baptism is not necessary for salvation. Baptism is an important step of obedience that every Christian should take. Baptism is a public declaration of faith in Christ. Baptism is an identification of an old life dying with Christ and a new life being resurrected as a new creation (1 Corinthians 5:17). So, while baptism is very important, it is not a requirement for salvation. To make baptism a requirement for salvation is an attack on the perfection and sufficiency of God's provision of salvation through Jesus Christ.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454220 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded.
Thanks
Hey boy, you did not respond because if you did we all would know your answer. So boy, I will ask again and again until you answer.

1. Jesus said water baptism is necessary for what? Give us a Bible verse or two if you would please.

2. How many did Jesus baptize? How many??????

Location hidden

#454221 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Latin vulgate translates to "Hail, full of grace".
Douay-Rheims & Wycliffe.
It was before the NABre....the NABre is their latest pope approved version of the Catholic Bible...they changed their teaching....

But...that does not teach she was a virgin evermore...nor that she was sinless...nor that she was conceived in an other way than you and I were...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... 13 min Huey Goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
More from around the web