Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
437,841 - 437,860 of 532,502 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't think of a better way to die than to just be struck dead instantly.
Having spent a great deal of time as a volunteer in long-term-care facilities, I conclude that spending years with somebody or other wiping your bum and cleaning up your vomit, et cetera is not something I would wish on anybody.
But ... according to believers, it was all part of god's divine and wonderful plan.
YUCK!!!
No. But we all do it don't we?!
Why? Because we are folks, and we love folks-especially the ones we are closest to! We harbor no disrespect to gender nor sexual preference or age either when it comes down to our own. Love is Love...and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, you understand what I am saying too! You are no different than I!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"
Perhaps you should revisit the account of Genesis then.
Your deity os a failure when you have any understanding of hindsight.
Try explaining what you mean. This is unclear...
KM
At the risk of being called a rude arrogant individual who hates your deity and you I stated that you should read and contemplate the story of Genesis.
Your deity was happy with the creation of the angels and said it was good...your deity was happy with the creation of the world and mankind and it was good...yet 1/3 of heaven revolted against the arrogant authority of your deity and it's actions, and mankind was a total failure, and your deity has punished it from it's inception since it's creation. It is the "creator" who was omnipotent and new the result of it's creation who is to blame for the failure and atrocious recompense for "imperfection" who is to blame, not the unknowing ignorant "creation".
Your deity is a narcissistic torturer who deserves no respect nor admiration.(if the story could even be considered as true).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

"new"= Knew*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that you continuously "prove your (own self) wrong" by your constant rejection of Him. For us as Catholic Christians,
GOD is here with us, omnipresent and is real to all of us who choose to follow HIM.......... HE is fully alive, existing and presently among us, for those of us who accept HIM, seek HIM and desire a personal relationship with HIM........ HE constantly reveals HIMSELF to those who seek HIM earnestly, and HIS son Jesus is anointed to make the presence of God (HIS FATHER) real to those who choose to to receive HIM in HIS True body and True Blood, in the eucharist, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
If an when you prove your deity exists, then we may proceed to the other semantics.

So far you are on losing ground, How about you try to level the "playing field" first.
Don't try to spew rhetoric in the name of a deity you can not even prove exists...we will laugh at you as the joke you are......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that you continuously "prove your (own self) wrong" by your constant rejection of Him. For us as Catholic Christians,
GOD is here with us, omnipresent and is real to all of us who choose to follow HIM.......... HE is fully alive, existing and presently among us, for those of us who accept HIM, seek HIM and desire a personal relationship with HIM........ HE constantly reveals HIMSELF to those who seek HIM earnestly, and HIS son Jesus is anointed to make the presence of God (HIS FATHER) real to those who choose to to receive HIM in HIS True body and True Blood, in the eucharist, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
If you can't prove ut even exists, there is really nothing to reject is there>!
You are becoming a laughing stock.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's proof enough for me as well as the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including all Catholic and Protestant Christians on this forum......... Sorry--but your rejection of God becomes "your loss"!!!!
It seems you prefer to live in fantasy.
I have to live in reality.
That is the "real" world.---it is called "life" or reality.

You may have a psychologist that will let you swim in your fantasy while I and others chip in to support you, but I am the one who allows and supports your fantasy,,,so don't forget that fact.

Me and others are the ones who keep the "real" world running while you and your fantasizers live in your dream world.
Some day you will have to pay up or die....personally, I don't care which you choose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies, Oxbow. I mistook you for a nice person.
It appears you made the same mistake about me.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't try to spew rhetoric in the name of a deity you can not even prove exists...we will laugh at you as the joke you are......
Ah yes, rhetoric! You my friend are "filled up to the top" with contradicting rhetoric, claiming that "He" will laugh at me when YOU don't even believe in "Him"....... When it comes to contradiction, confusion and chaos, you and June deserve each other!!!
Roberta G

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you made the same mistake about me.
The mistake is yours, BT. Nobody would EVER mistake you for a nice person.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't prove ut even exists, there is really nothing to reject is there>!
You are becoming a laughing stock.
Sorry to disappoint you but "that last laugh" is on you Black Thunder, not only because of your own "inability" to prove that God (doesn't) exist, but also because you chose to "reject" HIM and HIS gift of Salvation, faith and eternal life in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you prefer to live in fantasy.
I have to live in reality.
I/we as Catholics will continue to live in the TRUE faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ, at Daily Mass, the Sacred Scriptures, the Eucharist,(Christs TRUE body and blood), Baptism, the other Sacraments, and nightly prayer and adoration. You, Black Thunder--"can do what you want"!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

i will believe you..if i did not know who first come..fallen one with all his demons and angels..

not real Creator..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Real Creator not going fall.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's noot.
The title of the thread is that the RCC is the only true church, nithing more nothing less.
If some of you want to turn it into a proselytizing venture, you will be put in your place for it...that is what you are trying to do.
June you will put us in our place???

Dramatic. A touch maybe?

You know you will read about God here. And your book knowledge ..well I for one now,skip over ..it is nit relevant.

Your whole persona tell us you 're angry with the God you dint want to believe in.

But He still love s you and has so much patience..He is waiting with open arms for you to reach out to Him..

So you come around people who talk about Him.. that's,great..show a something may be calling you to be here.

The Matchless name of Our Saviuir Jesus Christ should be on your lips as you pray for peace from y our troubles

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's wonderful.
PROVE your deity exists.
Can you see the sunshine.

Can you feel the rain.

How about the,precious love of a baby.

Those are all evidence of God's love

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going to answer me....and both of us know why...it says plain as day that every human being who has the capacity to known their actions or lack of are sins, are sinners.
And we both know that Christians led by the Holy Spirit know that the Word of God says Mary was a sinner...same as you and I...but Catholics ignore this Scripture and teach opposite to it.
This is not a Catholic and a Protestant both being led by the Holy Spirit and disagreeing on Scripture...It is a Catholic trashing the Word of God to follow a false teaching by his religion...and a Christian doing what Christians do...follow the teaching of Christ.
You want another??? How about Mary being taken unto wife by Joseph, per Scripture, and the idiotic teaching that she remained a virgin???!!!!
Ox

I have come to believe the things of Mary ..what difference does it make to your own belief..what they believe.

Do you really think A,CATHOLIC is going to change how they feel about her from words on a forum?

All of these, questions will be answered in heaven..as long as they believe that Salvation comes through Jesus Christ..They and you can ask Him and speak to His mother ..if it's that important to go find her and ask about her marital relations when you get to meet that dear saint.
My guess is ..you won't ask.

I'd rather ask her about the early life of her Son ..was,he the sane as other babies.

The rest has no bearing on eternity imo..as long as she is nit worshipped as Lord..
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Catholic Bible has both the Old Testament and the New Testament; therefore, Abraham and Moses is part of our Catholic history." End quote.
Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history? Really? Neither of these men ever heard the words "Roman Catholic".
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?
<quoted text>
Your quote, "Abraham and Moses is part of our Roman Catholic history." End quote.
My response, "Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history?"
Your response, "Neither Moses nor Abraham ever heard of the word "Christian" as well." End.
Brilliant. Totally brilliant! HA HA!!!!
So, answer the question. Were Abraham and Moses Roman Catholic's?
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
My response, "In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?" End
Your response, "Are you saying that Mary is NOT Jesus' mother? Are you saying that Christ broke the commandment that says "honor thy mother and thy father?"
Is your brain fully functional? Apparently not!
<quoted text>
First....Abraham and Moses ARE NOT Roman Catholic. Period.
Second....did Jesus ever call Mary mother or mom. Ever?
<quoted text>
Strange? Have you ever called your mother ...... mother? Or do you always call your mother......WOMAN? Just wondering.
Scary? Scary is your ignorance and worship of a woman called Mary.
<quoted text>
How many times in recorded history did Jesus call Mary .....mother?
Ah I see, you want me to admit that Jesus isn't documented calling His Mother 'Mother'. He's only documented calling her 'Woman'.(and 'Woman' was a highly respectable title in those days btw).
The Bible say that not everything Jesus said or did is recorded. Not to mention, simple logic tells us the same.
The first 30 yrs of Our Lords life is barely mentioned. That's something you Bible worshipers can't acknowledge..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid stupid doctrine. A baby does not HAVE a soul. It becomes a soul when it takes its first breath.
1. Man is made from the dust of the earth and becomes a living soul with the breath of life from God which is the spirit.
2. Fallen man is “mortal.”
3. Fallen man does not have an “immortal soul.”
4. It is not possible to communicate with the dead.
5. Death is a painless, unconscious sleep.
6. Jesus Christ died, was buried, and then rose from the dead.
7. Jesus Christ will resurrect believers at His Second Coming.
Job 4:17 The Bible calls man mortal.
Revelation 16:3 "Every living soul died in the sea." Souls can die.
Ezekiel 18:4 God said,“The soul that sins, it shall die.” Again, the soul can die!
Exodus 1:5 “Seventy souls” went to Egypt. Souls are people.
Acts 2:41 “Three thousand souls” were baptized. Again, souls are people.
1 Peter 3:20 “Eight souls were saved” in Noah’s day. Again, souls are people.
1 Timothy 6:16 God “only has immortality.” Man is not immortal.
2 Timothy 1:10 “Immortality” comes only “through the gospel.”
Romans 2:7 Christians “seek for immortality.”
1 Corinthians 15:53 At the end,“this mortal” shall “put on immortality.”
This just proves that the RCC doctrine is a big bunch of falsehood.

So you do or do nit believe that The baby has a,soul in the womb.
He knit it there.

And if the poor things life is ended ..That soul is with Jesus.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June you will put us in our place???
Dramatic. A touch maybe?
You know you will read about God here. And your book knowledge ..well I for one now,skip over ..it is nit relevant.
Your whole persona tell us you 're angry with the God you dint want to believe in.
But He still love s you and has so much patience..He is waiting with open arms for you to reach out to Him..
So you come around people who talk about Him.. that's,great..show a something may be calling you to be here.
The Matchless name of Our Saviuir Jesus Christ should be on your lips as you pray for peace from y our troubles
Sorry ..thunder this post is for you both..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
About what?...a deity?
Prove the deity exists, then we might actually have some reasonable discourse to discuss.
Until that happens, there is no point nor reason to carry on with the semantics, is there?
~~~

You just contend long enough that He does not exist.. you will stand before Him...Just as sure as you exist..you will face Him...

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

It is THEN that you will rue the day that you have made the decision to deny Him...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 8,121
More 5 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 6 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 6 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••