Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685474 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#454010 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
902 913
Where are you Dan???? Would you like to share with us your Salvation testimony????
Here.

I was baptized, which remitted my original sin and joined me to the Kingdom of God.

Good one, huh?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454011 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Your husband took issue with it.
No way. Yours was only three posts back.
KM
Nope.

He told me I could indeed bring about my own salvation.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#454012 Jun 19, 2013
who="Clay "
You think the Catholic Church is uses mind control? wow
Does it occur to you that every Catholic on this board, is Catholic via our own free will?
I could easily join the Pentecostal people and the Catholic Church couldn't do anything about it. But you guys only been around for a hundred yrs or so, and you require me to be incredibly ignorant on Biblical interpretations. You require me to go with whatever was documented in your canon of 66 Books of the Protestant Bible....word for word.
The thing is, I can't find anywhere in scripture or the first 1600 yrs of Christianity where anyone taught that about Scripture. I can't find where Christ said anything about a certain set of Biblical canon to be His authority either.
Sorry Kay, sola scripture says Christ started a Church with a teaching Magisterium. History says that Magisterium compiled the Bible in the 4th century; hand copied it for a thousand yrs and finally published it in 1452.
Is that when you think Christianity really began... in 1452?

I don't require ANY THING of you. I attempt to tell you only that faith in Jesus can 'save' you, and that all doctrine must agree with that that 'is written'.

See? Totally brain-washed. The CC did not publish the Bible. They fought those who did. It became available to the people when the printing press made it possible.

The CC taught that it was dangerous for anyone to read the Bible without a priest to explain it to them.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454013 Jun 19, 2013
Michael wrote:
The vatican BILLIONS,
......while homeless people in every city sleep in cardboard boxes in alleyways beside churches, that are locked tight 160 hours a week, with the heat turned up, that are adorned with gold chalices, priceless stainglass windows and plush carpeting.
Is that what Jesus is all about?
Hardly seems fair.
"BILLIONS" of what?

They don't have that kind of cash.

Jesus doesn't care for lying much.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#454014 Jun 19, 2013
Michael wrote:
The vatican BILLIONS,
......while homeless people in every city sleep in cardboard boxes in alleyways beside churches, that are locked tight 160 hours a week, with the heat turned up, that are adorned with gold chalices, priceless stainglass windows and plush carpeting.
Is that what Jesus is all about?
Hardly seems fair.
Actually, Catholic Churches in joint union with Protestant Churches in the Twin Cities (MN) open up their doors to Homeless families every winter. I know because I volunteer there.
The Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN is one. Go to there website cathedralofsaintPaul.org and find 'Project Home'.
No organization on the planet feeds and educates more people everyday than the Catholic Church.

How many Homeless has your family taken in and fed?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#454015 Jun 19, 2013

#454016 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am arrogant ... but you won't catch me using religion to harm another, as did and do the people in your religion.
~~~~

you have already been caught

USING YOUR RELIGION OF ATHEISM..

to accuse and defame and send as many to hell as you possibly can.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#454017 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Jesus came as the pure form of the Jewish god, why would he have a need to be baptized by the Catholic saint, John the Baptist???

Purity needs no improvement ... RIGHT??? And Jesus is supposed to be as pure as the driven snow ... or even purer THAN the driven snow.
What utter lies theologians used to infect humanity!!!
What a shame!
1. Jesus IS God, not merely a "form of God."

________

John 14:7 [Jesus said] 7 If you really know Me, you will know My Father as well. FROM NOW ON, YOU DO KNOW HIM AND HAVE SEEN HIM."

8 Philip said,“Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN ME HAS SEEN THE FATHER."

John 8:52 At this [the Jews] exclaimed,“Now we know that You are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet You say that whoever obeys Your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think You are?”

54 Jesus replied,“If I glorify Myself, My glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies Me. 55 Though you do not know Him, I know Him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know Him and obey His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing My day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him,“and You have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered,“before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone Him, but Jesus hid Himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

SPECIAL NOTE: "I AM" was the name by which the Lord had been known to the ancient Hebrews, ever since the Lord spoke to Moses from the burning bush (Exodus 3:14-15). So when Jesus said this to the Jews, they understood that He was claiming to be God Himself. Infuriated, they tried to kill Him.

2. Jesus was sinless and therefore did not NEED to be baptized. He CHOSE to be baptized.

Matthew 3:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter Him, saying,“I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?”

15 Jesus replied,“Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him. 17 And a voice from heaven said,“This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased.”

_________

SPECIAL NOTE: On this occasion, all three Persons of the Trinity, God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit, are revealed to the world.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#454018 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
you have already been caught
USING YOUR RELIGION OF ATHEISM..
to accuse and defame and send as many to hell as you possibly can.
Atheism is not a religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Atheism ... Noun

The theory or belief that God does not exist.

#454019 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
~~~
Yes I told you you could indeed bring about you salvation...

GOD HAS DONE ALL HE IS GOING TO DO...GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION WAS FINISHED AT CALVARY' CROSS...

THE REST IS UP TO YOU ....

to accept it or reject it.

The Roman Catholic Church has assayed to change it

EDIT IT..

ADD TO IT

DELETE FROM IT...

AFTER THE TESTATOR HAS WRITTEN HIS WILL...

it is illegal to change the testators will after His death...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,

even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

AND BY THE WAY

IF YOU ARE NOT A SON OF GOD..

IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT

.YOU ARE NOT AN HEIR....

AND YOU HAVE NO INHERITANCE IN CHRIST JESUS..

NOT IN THIS WORLD...NOR IN THE WORLD TO COME...

ONE BECOMES A SON ...AND IS BORN AGAIN BY

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#454020 Jun 19, 2013
Michael wrote:
According to the scriptures some apostles were married. St Peter talks about his mother-in-law.
The idea that the first pope was a Jew is hilarious.

I can just picture a Jewish pope proudly stating "I am a Jew and my wife is also a Jew. That is why I am pope and she is popess! OH ... and by the way I don't know how that rumor started about us being Catholic. It is all too confusing for me and the Mrs."

:)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#454021 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
So why don't you believe?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#454022 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is not trashing Scripture...what do you call it?
Hahahahahahaha

Location hidden

#454023 Jun 19, 2013
[who="Oxbow"
So then you cannot show me Scripture that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT...
Christ was never crucified anywhere but as told in the NT...it was foretold...it was prophesied...but that is not the same as Him actually being crucified...
While on earth He was the incarnate Son of God...so says Scripture...
Rev. 8:13 calls Him 'the Lamb that WAS slain BEFORE the foundation of the world'.
KM
It is 13:8.....

I will need some help.

Re 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

I fail to see how that verse "fills the bill" of: Show me Scripture that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT...Please elucidate...

And, in the time period "before the foundation of the world" all I see is a vast space of nothing...a vacuum...no life of any sort...except God....so whom slew Him before the foundation of the world?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#454024 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know WELS from anything other than it wasn't ELCA. I was looking for a site that gave me a compare/contrast with another bible-based faith. Glad you liked it.
I'm not sure I can run with you on the "free will" section you posted.

I don't think that God wants us all to be alike, think alike, etc. either; that's a far cry from extending that to mean that what you believe to be the inspired, inerrant word of God and the sole source to inform your faith means whatever the reader brings to it.
If it's subject to whatever meaning the reader derives, then it's not the Divine Truth-it's an ecclesial Rorshach Test.
LOL That's a good analogy :)

Dan, I would LOVE to engage in a dialogue with you and a couple of others on this subject, but this is of course the wrong forum for that. Too much time would be wasted in dissecting the fine points, in parsing words, in defining "what the meaning of the word is is." But I think we pretty much agree on the essentials :)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454025 Jun 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Catholic Churches in joint union with Protestant Churches in the Twin Cities (MN) open up their doors to Homeless families every winter. I know because I volunteer there.
The Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN is one. Go to there website cathedralofsaintPaul.org and find 'Project Home'.
No organization on the planet feeds and educates more people everyday than the Catholic Church.
How many Homeless has your family taken in and fed?
More importantly,(to me, anyway) is the idiocy of the statement made.

Yeah, the Vatican has a high net worth.

What they DON'T have is a pile of cash laying around.

But, lets run Michael's thing out here. Let's suppose that the Vatican has $5 billion in cash, right now, burning a hole in Pope Francis' pocket.

There are 48 million Americans on food stamps right now. If the Pope cuts loose of the Benjamins, every food stamp recipient in the US would get a one-time stipend of $104.16.

Not a game changer by any means, and leaves the rest of the world SOL.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#454026 Jun 19, 2013
Theology of dung

Priest ... "How come popes used to be allowed to get married and I can't."

God ... "Ask the Catholic theologians, and leave me the hell out of this mess."
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454027 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Yes I told you you could indeed bring about you salvation...
GOD HAS DONE ALL HE IS GOING TO DO...GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION WAS FINISHED AT CALVARY' CROSS...
THE REST IS UP TO YOU ....
to accept it or reject it.
The Roman Catholic Church has assayed to change it
EDIT IT..
ADD TO IT
DELETE FROM IT...
AFTER THE TESTATOR HAS WRITTEN HIS WILL...
it is illegal to change the testators will after His death...
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
AND BY THE WAY
IF YOU ARE NOT A SON OF GOD..
IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT
.YOU ARE NOT AN HEIR....
AND YOU HAVE NO INHERITANCE IN CHRIST JESUS..
NOT IN THIS WORLD...NOR IN THE WORLD TO COME...
ONE BECOMES A SON ...AND IS BORN AGAIN BY
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Do me a solid and tell Mrs. GIF that you and I have communicated here. She didn't believe me when I told her.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#454028 Jun 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL That's a good analogy :)
Is analogy and theology related in any way shape or form???

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#454029 Jun 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will need some help.
What for??? Isn't Jehovah speaking to you through the CLEAR words in "HIS" old testament any more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web