Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688384 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#453967 Jun 19, 2013
Do you see how this Catholic insinuates that Jews must become Catholic to be "completed?"

The lies are there in plain sight, if you want to see them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

If Jesus was a Jew, why are we Catholic?

Answer

The term Jew is used in at least two senses in Scripture: to refer to those who are ethnically Jews and to those who are religiously Jews. Jesus was a Jew in both senses. In fact, he completed the Jewish religion by serving as the Messiah (Christ) whom the prophets had long foretold.

The completed form of the Jewish religion is known as Christianity

http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/if-jes...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#453968 Jun 19, 2013
It's not by chance that Catholic theologians wrote the story that John the Baptist,(Catholic saint) baptized Jesus. They never stated outright that Jesus became a Catholic, but they inferred it and that is the same as stating it outright.

In every way they could, they tried to imply that the god of the Jews sent a son to earth to save only those of the Catholic faith.

You know it, and I know it ... so let's not play dumb!!!

There is no way on earth that a Jew would willingly support the Catholic religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#453969 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU are not only sane ... you are saved and purified because of your truth ... RIGHT??? From your own perspective of your self ... others can't possibly live up to your standards.
If a god loves you ... the god is in total love with human arrogance ... period.
GOD LOVES YOU ...just as much s he does me...HE GAVE HIS SON FOR.. WHO SO EVER WILL .

IT IS NOT ARROGANCE that I have chosen to be a recipient of

GOD'S GIFT

of

LOVE

IT IS A MATTER OF ETERNAL LIFE WITH HIM..

YOU HAVE THE SAME OFFER.

JESUS SUFFERED AND DIED FOR YOU ,,,AND THE GROUND IS LEVEL AT THE FOOT OF HIS CROSS...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#453970 Jun 19, 2013
If Jesus came as the pure form of the Jewish god, why would he have a need to be baptized by the Catholic saint, John the Baptist???

Purity needs no improvement ... RIGHT??? And Jesus is supposed to be as pure as the driven snow ... or even purer THAN the driven snow.

What utter lies theologians used to infect humanity!!!

What a shame!

#453971 Jun 19, 2013
who="jethro8"thanks to the pagan/Christian church we'll never know the truth, with the unholy burning of the books, the scriptures that were torn up and sold a souvenirs to tourists, and the scrolls they have hidden away in their vault and will not allow any one to view them, that is totally WRONG! if the scriptures are real and they are the words from god they belong to the world, not just them, after all his church is universal and everything in it belongs to the universe, not just a select group. If I was that lady who won that big jackpot in the lottery, I'd hire a dream team of lawyers and go after the church and make those documents public, have a group go in copy the scrolls and create a book containing the contents of the scrolls, I'm surprised the church is not doing that, they'd make a fortune selling the books. since there not, there must be something in those scrolls that proves they are not the true church, they don't have to hide them for that reason, common sense tells you the church is not the true church. no church is, at least not on this planet. anyway if Islam succeeds in destroying the church and gets hold of what's in their archives they could be lost forever. the smart move would be to make copies of everything and hide the real ones, they could do it, their good at being sneaky, underhanded and conniving, and very good liars, they could pull it off.

Part of the mind-control fellows game, is to make you believe that they know something that YOU don't know.

Truth is in that old black Book. Don't think for a minute that the Vatican has something mysterious locked in their vaults, that would open the mysteries of life to you.

All you need is in Mama's Bible...

Much of their hold on people's minds is the practice of making them believe that they hold their souls in their hands, and they will be lost if they don't stick with their 'church'.

Our salvation is in Jesus Christ, Who IS the TRUTH. You can't lose with Him. He doesn't play mind-bending tricks on us.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#453972 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
How to drive people insane!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Tudor Heretics
In sixteenth-century England people were expected to follow the religious beliefs of the reigning monarch. When Edward VI was king they were told they had to be Protestants. However, when Mary Tudor became queen they had to change to being Catholics. After Elizabeth came to the throne they had to be Protestants again.
Those who refused to follow the religious beliefs of their monarch were accused of heresy. During their trials, defendants were given every opportunity to recant (confess their religious errors). If they did this they would be sentenced to a spell in prison. However, if they refused to recant and were found guilty of heresy, they were burnt to death.
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/TUDheret...
And then they came..we're sent..to the New World. With their bibles

Since: Nov 08

usa

#453973 Jun 19, 2013
Messanger wrote:
The Catholic faith is demon inspired. 11 crusades, inquisitions, falsehoods, Catholics fighting each other in WW1 and WW2..........supporting wars, etc.
you could be right, after all Jesus did call peter Satan.

#453974 Jun 19, 2013
who="Dan"
You just answered your own question.
I didn't say I could bring about my own salvation. I DID say that I'm not assured of Heaven if I don't do what Jesus taught-love one another as yourself and love Him.

And THAT is neither a Protestant nor a Catholic message. It is TRUTH.
KayMarie
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453975 Jun 19, 2013
balanse..make balance=tribas izjednjacit da nebude problema tower

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453976 Jun 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic priests don't teach different things concerning Catholic faith.
They may, as illustrated, apply Canon Law at their discretion (the communion example), but the teaching behind what they do isn't at their discretion.

Bible-only faiths DO teach differently.
Baptists and Lutherans, for example, both hold to sola Scriptura-"bible believing".

"(Baptists) reject the sacraments (both Baptism and the Lord's Supper) as instruments through which God graciously creates or strengthens faith in human hearts. They treat the sacraments as "ordinances" to be obeyed, and being baptized or receiving communion is an "act of obedience" and something WE do rather than primarily a tool of God to give blessings."
Lutherans believe in Baptism and the Lord's Supper as conferrals of grace.

Continuing:
http://www.wels.net/what-we-believe/questions...

"Most Baptists believe we can cooperate in our conversion, making a decision for Christ. Lutherans believe we cooperate with the Holy Spirit only after our conversion. He is completely responsible for the change that takes place in our conversion.
We believe in election to salvation as taught in Ephesians 1. The Bible clearly says there is no predestination to damnation, but God wants all to be saved.

Many Baptists hold to a concept called "once saved, always saved" that they called "eternal security." We believe a person can fall from faith because the Bible says he can (Hebrews 10:26-31, 1 Corinthians 10:12). We don't base this conclusion on reason. But in this case the principle is the same as a common principle of daily life: if I give you a gift of money, you have not done anything to earn it, but if you foolishly throw it away you lose the benefit of the gift. Faith and forgiveness is a pure gift, but the person who throws them away loses the blessing that was his."

Both denominations claim the same source for their teachings-the Bible and just the Bible, yet hold very different positions from this same source.
And that is evidence that the Lord equipped human beings both with brains and free will :) If He'd wanted people who all believed exactly the same thing, He'd have created robots.

Dan, I noticed that you quoted from the WELS site. You probably know that WELS is the Wisconsin Evangelical-Lutheran Synod. This is the smallest, and by far the most conservative, of the three largest and best-known Lutheran sects in the United States.(I've heard they still frown on women wearing slacks to church!) The other two are the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) and the LCMS (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod). The ELCA has approximately 2.5 million members and is theologically the most liberal. I belong to the LCMS, which is in the middle both theologically and in number of members :)

Actually, I want to thank you for posting what you did from the WELS site. I really didn't know very much about the SPECIFICS of its beliefs, and I was delighted with what I read :)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453977 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
I didn't say I could bring about my own salvation. I DID say that I'm not assured of Heaven if I don't do what Jesus taught-love one another as yourself and love Him.
KayMarie
Your husband took issue with it.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453978 Jun 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you could be right, after all Jesus did call peter Satan.
No, He didn't. He knew that Satan was using Peter, so He told Satan "Get behind Me!" in the same way that you or I might tell a pest "Get away from me!"
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#453979 Jun 19, 2013
When the pope lusts to start a Protestant religion, then it would fit that a Jew would lust to start a Catholic religion.

We all know that the pope is very fond of Catholicism ... his own version of course.

Now Atheists can (according to the modernized pope) be redeemed.

What a shame that the early Catholics century after century burned Atheists at the stake as heretics.

That word truth in association with religion, ought to be abolished.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!

http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#453980 Jun 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
KayMarie
You are not a truth-seeker. You are a braggart that claims to KNOW truth.

Shame on you! You have no humility whatsoever. NONE!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453981 Jun 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is evidence that the Lord equipped human beings both with brains and free will :) If He'd wanted people who all believed exactly the same thing, He'd have created robots.
Dan, I noticed that you quoted from the WELS site. You probably know that WELS is the Wisconsin Evangelical-Lutheran Synod. This is the smallest, and by far the most conservative, of the three largest and best-known Lutheran sects in the United States.(I've heard they still frown on women wearing slacks to church!) The other two are the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) and the LCMS (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod). The ELCA has approximately 2.5 million members and is theologically the most liberal. I belong to the LCMS, which is in the middle both theologically and in number of members :)
Actually, I want to thank you for posting what you did from the WELS site. I really didn't know very much about the SPECIFICS of its beliefs, and I was delighted with what I read :)
I didn't know WELS from anything other than it wasn't ELCA. I was looking for a site that gave me a compare/contrast with another bible-based faith. Glad you liked it.

I'm not sure I can run with you on the "free will" section you posted.

I don't think that God wants us all to be alike, think alike, etc. either; that's a far cry from extending that to mean that what you believe to be the inspired, inerrant word of God and the sole source to inform your faith means whatever the reader brings to it.

If it's subject to whatever meaning the reader derives, then it's not the Divine Truth-it's an ecclesial Rorshach Test.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#453982 Jun 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He didn't. He knew that Satan was using Peter, so He told Satan "Get behind Me!" in the same way that you or I might tell a pest "Get away from me!"
Another grabber of theological words that brags to know truth!!!

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

satyr

In Greek mythology, satyrs ( Satyroi ) are a troop of male companions of Pan and Dionysus – " satyresses" were a late invention of poets – that roamed the woods and mountains. In mythology they are often associated with sex drive and vase-painters often portrayed them with uncontrollable erections.
&#8194;
http://www.reference.com/browse/satyr
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453983 Jun 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a truth-seeker. You are a braggart that claims to KNOW truth.
Shame on you! You have no humility whatsoever. NONE!!!
........."show some humility!" says the person applying her judgment upon another....

Since: Nov 08

usa

#453984 Jun 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, ""Catholic priests do not marry because, while Christ does indeed
approve of marriage for the Christian clergy, He much prefers that
they do not marry. He made this quite clear when He praised the
Apostles for giving up "all" to follow Him, saying, "And every one
that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or
mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name's sake, shall
receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting."
(Matt. 19:27-29)." End quote.
Matthew 19:27-29, 27 "Then Peter said in reply, "See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?" 28 Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life."
Strange? Do you see the word..........W I V E S !!!!!
Actually, most of the mackerel snappers claim Peter as pope. Do you fish eaters realize Peter was married?
<quoted text>
Are you stupid or just plain ignorant??? The example of Peter being married applies to the crapola your fellow mackerel snapper mentioned that Jesus said it was better if they WERE NOT MARRIED.
You said, quote, "Celibacy isn't dogma. Its a Church rule; a discipline. And its completely shown in scripture as well." End quote.
Celibacy is not dogma but a priest poking little boys must be. Why do I say that? Because it goes on all of the time.
by not marrying they are breaking gods rule to go forth and be fruitful, but I'm sure they did without being married since they are ordinary men with ordinary desires, and since orphanages were started by the church because of priest-nun relations, which of course they deny, why not just come out with the truth instead of putting mistrust in the minds of people, and the church can definitely not handle anymore scandals, so the smart thing to do is clean out the closet before something else happens and all churches end up abandoned and they'll have to pay commercial property taxes, utility bills, they'll have to do the unthinkable. spend their own money.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#453985 Jun 19, 2013
who="Dan"

Then why don't you do it?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#453986 Jun 19, 2013
Christian theologians vilified sex at every turn as offending "god" unless it was for procreation ONLY.

At one time masturbation was perceived as worse than rape ... of all the ridiculous blather.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the old book published by the Puritan Company 1904. titled "Sexology" comes the following.

Part VII

The Psychology of Wedlock

But there is a practice so universal that it may well be termed a national vice, so common that it is unblushingly acknowledged by its perpetrators, by the commission of which the husband is even eulogized by his wife, and applauded by her friends, which is the scourge and the desolation of marriage; it is the crime of Onan.“He spilled his seed upon the ground, lest children should be born. And therefore the Lord slew him, because he did a detestable thing.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web