Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#453864 Jun 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I love this, it's so funny. wonder if the gods are masturbating to your naughty dreams :)
Well, of courde it is!

Well over half the bible is devoted to sex or it's supposed perversion!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453865 Jun 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>

Your circular reasoning and obfiscation is not "proof' at all.
It's proof enough for me as well as the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including all Catholic and Protestant Christians on this forum......... Sorry--but your rejection of God becomes "your loss"!!!!

Location hidden

#453866 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Shame on me for telling jethro why it's considered a sin?
I'll pass.
Yer right Dan.

Sometimes it's better to keep yer mouth shut and be thought of as a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt!

You are welcome for the advice in advance...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#453867 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's proof enough for me as well as the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including all Catholic and Protestant Christians on this forum......... Sorry--but your rejection of God becomes "your loss"!!!!
Catholics are responsible for killing billions. 11 Crusades, Inquisitions, supporting wars..........Catholics on BOTH sides killing each other in ww1 and ww2. Teaching paganism direct from Babylon 2000 years before Christ, enslaving people with traditions rather than the teachings of God. Supporting wars. You are a fool, led by a fool Pope who is worshiped of all things......GOD should be worshiped directly, not images or people. KISS NO MAN'S RING OR HAND!...GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Location hidden

#453868 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite possibly the most inane post of yours ever.
You've topped yourself.
even jethro
Does that mean you can actually prove your deity exists?

That would be an all time wonder!

Location hidden

#453869 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't expressed that belief.
Perhaps you meant to direct the comment elsewhere?
It would really be great if you would have your deity come down from it's "high place" and explain it all to us.
Do you think you could make that simple little arrangement for us all?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#453870 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must believe that Jesus was a sinner. The verse says "ALL have sinned.
Right?
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Only a non Christian would ask such a question...do you know the definition of the Greek word for "sinned"????

Location hidden

#453871 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of Alfred Kinsey?
The most sex obsessed man of the 20th century. You can read all about his perversity in the book Case Against Kinsey (sexually stimulating infants for 24 hours straight, for one). He died after castrating himself because all those years of sex obsession coupled with S&M blurred the line in his mind between pleasure and pain.
I think your deity might surpass that record.

Read your book...

Location hidden

#453872 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you must concede that "ALL" was not used in the strictest sense and that some really are without actual sin.
Mary was/is one such person. Jesus was her savior preemptively. He did this so that the place of His Incarnation was not corrupted by satan.
"All" means all whom are capable of sinning...do you know the definition of the Greek word for sinned????

Location hidden

#453873 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be certain,
Are you saying that you are perfect?
Absolutely....perfect as my Father which is in Heaven...per the definition of the Greek word for perfect...never a doubt...

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Location hidden

#453874 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
He is your spiritual father.
I do not have a spiritual father....

Location hidden

#453875 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS AND PAGANISM
By Jon Sorensen
Snip…
Some skeptics claim that the early Christian community was heavily influenced by the surrounding pagan culture of the Roman Empire—that the entire Christian system of belief was cobbled together by cherry-picking teachings from the “competing religions” of the time. A variant of this claim popular among non-Catholic Christians is that the Church started by Jesus Christ remained pure at first, but then slowly adopted pagan beliefs, especially during and after the time of the Emperor Constantine in the early fourth century.
These claims could not be further from the truth. The predominant pagan belief in
the Roman Empire ran contrary to the Christian message, and this is evidenced by
both the writings of the early Christians demonstrating an almost contemptuous view of pagan polytheism and idolatry, as well as the historical fact that the Romans outlawed Christianity to varying degrees all the way up to the time of Constantine.
The Early Christians' Disdain for Pagan Beliefs
One reason we know that the early Christians had no interest in emulating the beliefs of the surrounding religions of the time can be found in the way they wrote about them. From these writings it becomes abundantly clear that they found the practices of these religions to be abhorrent. While there are mountains of examples that can be given to illustrate this point, we’ll concentrate on just a few.
Continue here…..
http://www.catholic.com/blog/jon-sorensen/the...
You don't know shit about Paganism---except what you have been indoctrinated to believe by your religious cult...who know about as much about electricity as the dumb ass who tied a key to a kite string.

Location hidden

#453876 Jun 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>interesting, will have to check this out, though there is a stumbling block, the catholic church, what are they hiding in their archives, and what was in the books they burned. This will be hard to prove with missing and unseen documents.
Have no idea what you are trying to say...a safe bet...you don't either!!!!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453877 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here, done this, bought the T-Shirt, June.
I don't operate any under certainty that I will go to Heaven. I hope to go to Heaven, but I have to conduct my life in such a manner as I am not undone by my own sins.
Dan, don't you realize that this means you are trusting your own efforts, and not Jesus, to save you?

Absolutely, we should try to live holy lives, for any number of reasons. But UNLESS you can live a PERFECT life, 100% sinless in every possible way life, you are damned.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Jesus WANTS us to trust Him to save us. If He didn't, He wouldn't have laid down His life for us, nor sent us the Counselor at Pentecost.

Location hidden

#453878 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Elizabeth she started this thread.
Where is she now??
I'm not quite sure now.
We may have sacrificed her in some Pagan ritual...supported by funding from the pedophile cathaholic priesthood affiliated with the NAMBLA organization... or TBN...

Location hidden

#453879 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol so now we are the same as atheists..you have been brainwashed
And not by your Blessed Pope.
We know truth John 3:16 is truth.
My IRONY METER JUST BROKE!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453880 Jun 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have a spiritual father....
Yes, you do, Oxbow :)

Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by Him we cry,“Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Location hidden

#453881 Jun 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>could be the deity practiced and practiced on him/her self until he/she got it right then created us, what do you think?
Really bad judge of character...
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453882 Jun 18, 2013
scripture describe tribe against tribe nation against nation..its since adam and eva..not ww1 ww2..
no
be good and honest..

as well
we been teach that Jesus Christ is full of Mercy..
We been teach that God is Omnipotent everywhere..
We been teach that Our God care for his creation..
We been teach that Jesus Christ is not against any woman..he calls in sin or error every man too..today you have justice and systems where woman let down in all aspect..
We been teach Jesus Christ come full-fill law..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#453883 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually on these people..the pols expanding ABORTION or blocking restrictions like the new Pain legislation as they most surely will if it even gets a vote in the Senate..
If I was pope I woukd excommunicated them..
But then as in most things I don't run the world...
Not to mention a divided house will fall.

hey Rose did i know you before are you like rosemarie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 41 min andet1987 8
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr superwilly 84,701
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... 9 hr BB Board 1
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 12 hr True Christian wi... 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis May 23 Rico from East Lo... 4
More from around the web