Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701750 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#453807 Jun 18, 2013
The Catholic faith is demon inspired. 11 crusades, inquisitions, falsehoods, Catholics fighting each other in WW1 and WW2..............supporting wars, etc.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#453808 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
June! Why don't you just keep playing your anti-God, anti-Church, agnostic and atheist "word games" with Black Thunder 42!---"You deserve each other"!!!
Of course. You can't prove your deity exists, so you choose to defame those who ask you to do just that,

You are such a looser.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453809 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You said, quote, ""Catholic priests do not marry because, while Christ does indeed
approve of marriage for the Christian clergy, He much prefers that
they do not marry. He made this quite clear when He praised the
Apostles for giving up "all" to follow Him, saying, "And every one
that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or
mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name's sake, shall
receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting."
(Matt. 19:27-29)." End quote.
Matthew 19:27-29, 27 "Then Peter said in reply, "See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?" 28 Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life."
Strange? Do you see the word..........W I V E S !!!!!
Actually, most of the mackerel snappers claim Peter as pope. Do you fish eaters realize Peter was married?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only was Peter married, 38 other Popes were married too. So what? If the Church suddenly allowed all clergy to get married, Christ wouldn't condemn em all to hell for it. Celibacy isn't dogma. Its a Church rule; a discipline. And its completely shown in scripture as well.
Are you stupid or just plain ignorant??? The example of Peter being married applies to the crapola your fellow mackerel snapper mentioned that Jesus said it was better if they WERE NOT MARRIED.

You said, quote, "Celibacy isn't dogma. Its a Church rule; a discipline. And its completely shown in scripture as well." End quote.

Celibacy is not dogma but a priest poking little boys must be. Why do I say that? Because it goes on all of the time.

Location hidden

#453810 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Always hate the subject because people forget these criminals are men. And they can be on every walk of life.
But the closing of these mostly poor parishes and selling off the buildings...is bad.
And why doesn't. ROME ..if it id ONE church make up the shortfall that may have come from these payments and ghd econmoy.
Those people noe have to take hisses or go all the way 3cities away to find home churches.
we have menu people of different languages. Down here and these local parishes were their home.
The CC is kn the very position with a central head to help them. Imo.
Dod you ever consider that if the church was not overrun with pedophile priests, this would never have been a problem?

Location hidden

#453811 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied, read and know enough about them to realize their failed policies and ideologies came from each of their dictatorial egos, striving specifically for power and control.
And your chusch is following the very same path....
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453812 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Priests are called by God to serve HIS Church!!
So the god of the Jews called priests to serve his "church" rather than calling faithful Jews to serve in synagogues???

The theology gets sillier all the time.

Location hidden

#453813 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I "stepped up to the plate" (long ago) by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, in and through His historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church and the Salvation that he gave us through His Life, death and resurrection...... If you chose to live your life by continously "drifting around in your revolving circle" of confusion, and chaos, with your life "firmly entrenched" in hostile vindictive beligerence-toward God and Christianity-------that is YOUR choice.(hope it works out for you).. As a Catholic/Christian, I choose to spend each day at Daily Mass with the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood) and in prayer, contemplation and communion with God Our Father, His Son Jesus, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that Christ gave us at Pentecost..... You can do what you want Black Thunder!!!!!!!
You never stepped up to the plate---or you would have proved your deity existed at least.
You never supplied any satisfactory evidence whatsoever.
Your circular reasoning and obfiscation is not "proof' at all.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#453814 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they served me fish during Lent.
St. John The Baptist Greek Orthodox Church Fish Fry | Omaha
Choice of Mediterranean style baked fish, classic breaded fried fish, or Shrimp dinner. Served with rice or potato, coleslaw, fruit, bread, and a drink. Greek Pastries and desserts available. Adults:$9, Kids:$3. FREE Baklava Sundae coupon at .....
They served it to all those that NOT Orthodox to raise money But Orthodox do not eat fish during Lent.thanks for the church name....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453815 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of times I have heard the following......hundreds of times. Do you understand hundreds of times?
Priest....if you are in good standing with the Roman Catholic church, if you have been to confession and if you are Roman Catholic you can receive communion. IF IF IF!!!!!!!!!! If not, the priest says, cross your arms and you can receive a blessing. Cross your arms?????????? Pathetic self-centered, self-righteous and self-serving defines the Roman Catholic church.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Priest has to say that. Truth is truth. That is the teaching of the Church and Saint Paul." End quote.
The priest has to say that?????????? Truth is truth??????????
That is the teaching of the church and Paul. BOLOGNA. BOLOGNA. BS PLUS BOLOGNA WITH WHIP CREAM ON TOP.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Bologna with whip cream on top??? That's gross man.
The Priest is supposed to proclaim the truth no matter what.
The Catholic Church proclaims the truth in spite of popular opinion and cultural influence.
When you guys marry gay people and promote condoms and other contraceptives, you're are doing so because that's what the folks in your congregation want.
The Catholic Church doesn't take a vote on what they should teach. So even if the Priest has feelings otherwise, he will not (or should not) go against his Bishop. And since Christ is the founder of the Catholic Church, we are assured that they will not error on any teachings.
So far, everything checks out too. You've failed to provide any evidence of the Church in error. In fact, you need to use deception - like when you falsely accused them of changing the 10 commandments - to promote your religion.
You said, quote, "The Priest is supposed to proclaim the truth no matter what. The Catholic Church proclaims the truth in spite of popular opinion and cultural influence." End quote.

What truth is the priest spilling out of his mouth when he tells people in order to take communion you must be in good standing with the Roman Catholic church, if they have been to confession and if they are Roman Catholic. What truth is that? No truth...just bologna.

Also, the Roman Catholic church proclaims it's perverted version of truth not Biblical absolute truth.

You said, quote, "When you guys marry gay people and promote condoms and other contraceptives, you're are doing so because that's what the folks in your congregation want." End quote.

My denomination does not marry same sex perverts. But your Roman Catholic church covers up and lies for the priests so they can continue to sodomize defenseless little boys. I bet you are busting your buttons over that great TRUTH!!!

You said, quote, "So even if the Priest has feelings otherwise, he will not (or should not) go against his Bishop. And since Christ is the founder of the Catholic Church, we are assured that they will not error on any teachings." End quote.

You are a blasphemous liar if you believe your priests will not error on any teachings. Check your own cult history back to your founder....Constantine!!!!!!!! !!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453816 Jun 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Priests are called by God to serve HIS Church!!
The priest is on the Church's payroll, provided by the members of his parish. Yet, we are not obligated to contribute, only if we like.
Its called donations.
How many jobs did you have where you worked for free??
None right?? lol
:)
When I asked you if the priests were on "god's" payroll ... I meant that even if the god existed, a Jewish god would not ask Catholic priests to preach under any circumstances whatsoever.

Location hidden

#453817 Jun 18, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have that much cash laying around, and most of the parish/school closings are due to demographic shifts. They aren't viable or the areas they served don't have the population they once did.
The Vatican has, but they will not support simething they know is a lost cause.

Simple as that.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#453818 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they served me fish during Lent.
St. John The Baptist Greek Orthodox Church Fish Fry | Omaha
Choice of Mediterranean style baked fish, classic breaded fried fish, or Shrimp dinner. Served with rice or potato, coleslaw, fruit, bread, and a drink. Greek Pastries and desserts available. Adults:$9, Kids:$3. FREE Baklava Sundae coupon at .....
http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith /ourfaith8126.......http://www .abbamoses.com/fasting.html... .Orthodox Fasting during Lent
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453819 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Catholic Bible has both the Old Testament and the New Testament; therefore, Abraham and Moses is part of our Catholic history." End quote.
Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history? Really? Neither of these men ever heard the words "Roman Catholic".
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?
<quoted text>
Your quote, "Abraham and Moses is part of our Roman Catholic history." End quote.
My response, "Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history?"
Your response, "Neither Moses nor Abraham ever heard of the word "Christian" as well." End.
Brilliant. Totally brilliant! HA HA!!!!
So, answer the question. Were Abraham and Moses Roman Catholic's?
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
My response, "In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?" End
Your response, "Are you saying that Mary is NOT Jesus' mother? Are you saying that Christ broke the commandment that says "honor thy mother and thy father?"
Is your brain fully functional? Apparently not!
<quoted text>
First....Abraham and Moses ARE NOT Roman Catholic. Period.
Second....did Jesus ever call Mary mother or mom. Ever?
<quoted text>
Strange? Have you ever called your mother ...... mother? Or do you always call your mother......WOMAN? Just wondering.
Scary? Scary is your ignorance and worship of a woman called Mary.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So since Jesus called Mary 'Woman' at the wedding of Cana, that means He never called her Mother? Oh the ignorance you guys require!
BTW when Christ referred to Mary as 'woman', it was a title used with great respect during that time period. That is more proof that you guys have no business interpreting the Bible thru a 21st century lense.
How many times in recorded history did Jesus call Mary .....mother?

Location hidden

#453820 Jun 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The icons, statues, images and idols that are displayed in the Roman Catholic....Mausoleums are and abomination...
The whole nine yards of relics, bones (D.N.A.) of the dead..
Jesus described your places of sacrifices to idols...
Mat_23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
YOUR Eucharist is pollute with/by it's surroundings...You receive it while bowing before....WHAT GOD HAS FORBIDDEN...
God said...
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
~~~
SOLOMON'S TEMPLE WAS SO SACRED TO God and ISRAEL...That the sound of a hammer was not heard in the seven years that it took for it to be built...EVERY PART OF IT WAS PREPARED AND BROUGHT TO THE BUILDING SITE.
The furnishings of the temple were made after the similitude of the temple in heaven...
QUESTION...
HOW CAN ONE BOW THEMSELVES DOWN BEFORE IDOLS.... GIVE GLORY TO GOD...
WHILE BLATANTLY DISOBEYING HIM
DOING THAT WHICH AGITATES HIM AND PROVOKES HIM TO JEALOUSLY....
Please tell us all...WHERE IS your deity?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453821 Jun 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly would not answer the prayers of someone who was lying in my name if I were a god.
Me neither. If I were a god that favored Jews, the Christians and Muslims would have quite a surprise when they came into my domain to find that the pearly gates were slammed shut, with a sign hanging on the lock stating ... "Only my chosen faithful Jews allowed ... I warned you but you paid no heed!"

Location hidden

#453822 Jun 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I was being facetious. I do not believe you worship your photo. And I also do not believe God would be jealous of the image.
My favorite statue is one of the Michaelangelo pieta. It an image of Mary holding the crucified Jesus in her arms. It puzzles me why fundies claim God is jealous of this image. I find it powerful and useful as a visual reminder of Our Lords passion.
I believe they purposely misread the ten commandments in order to falsely accuse us. I'm glad you don't share in their gross misuse of the 2nd commandment.
Yes.

Your statues and pictures are far more tangible and accessible than your deity ever was.

Doesn't that tell you something?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#453823 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing with you on any point of scripture right now.
You and GIF are, however, having at each other on some point and I'm asking how such disputes are resolved in Protestantism.
GIF told you to open you bible and figure it out yourself, which I'm assuming you had already done or attempted to do prior to engaging GIF in your dialogue.
You are not going to answer me....and both of us know why...it says plain as day that every human being who has the capacity to known their actions or lack of are sins, are sinners.

And we both know that Christians led by the Holy Spirit know that the Word of God says Mary was a sinner...same as you and I...but Catholics ignore this Scripture and teach opposite to it.

This is not a Catholic and a Protestant both being led by the Holy Spirit and disagreeing on Scripture...It is a Catholic trashing the Word of God to follow a false teaching by his religion...and a Christian doing what Christians do...follow the teaching of Christ.

You want another??? How about Mary being taken unto wife by Joseph, per Scripture, and the idiotic teaching that she remained a virgin???!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453824 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, did I hit a nerve? What does your church teach about masturbation?
Only the Roman Catholic priests have been OK'ed to masturbate. However, it is obvious they would rather sodomize defenseless little boys than masturbate. History has proved this to be true. Correct?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453825 Jun 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that would have been a far better option for the children and any others who were violated by the RCC priest.
Where is this omnipotent deity when these atrocities are going on right within the "church"---"the one true church"?
WHERE is the "true" here?
And Catholics that put faith in the existence of a devil often seemed to have a need to be exorcised of supposed demons.

Religion is not good! Pulp fiction.

Location hidden

#453826 Jun 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite statue is one of the Michaelangelo pieta. It an image of Mary holding the crucified Jesus in her arms. It puzzles me why fundies claim God is jealous of this image. I find it powerful and useful as a visual reminder of Our Lords passion.
~~~~
YOU WROTE
I find it powerful and useful as a visual reminder of Our Lords passion.
___
THEN YOU HAVE NO FAITH...
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
~~~
GOD IS NOT A FUNDY...FUNDIES DID NOT WRITE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS..
GOD DID...
All that being said...

WHERE IS your all powerful deity?

It has been challenged, yet it does not show... Is it that imcompetent?

I believe it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 49 min ChristIsTheAnswer 10,773
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians 3 hr Rainbow Kid 3
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' 5 hr RalphB 9
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... Thu Magic Utah Uwear 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1