Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692026 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453684 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Comparable to Abraham, per GIF.
Oh my. really.

By the way, what does "GIF" mean? I know you mean Mr. Confrint, but how did "GIF" happen?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453685 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It was actually the women who first saw and believed.
A fact that Peter and the others later found embarrassing, as a woman's testimony wasn't considered to be as trustworthy as a man's.

But in Christ all things work together for our good ;) Since they found that little detail uncomfortable, what on earth could have been their motive for recording it in the Gospels? Why, that IT WAS THE TRUTH, of course! So the same fact that they found embarrassing helps to underscore the veracity of the Gospels :)

Ain't God sneaky that way??

;)
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#453686 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that God has no interest in His word being taught incorrectly by Rev. Chaff and possibly leading to the ruin of souls?
Scripture seems to contradict this-Christ took great pains, seemingly, to set things up so His message WOULD be taught with His authority. He didn't just bug out hoping we'd all figure it out in the end.
Dan:

I suspect that God in His providence is able to use all Creation in teaching "His word". This includes people of good and evil will, as well as circumstances. In actuality, it is generally under the more difficult circumstances we learn, and our "itching" ears tend to get us into that trouble in the first place.

Our dependence on being taught, indirectly by "teachers", be they approved or not approved, rests in our own shortcomings. Thus the remedy is for the person to deal directly with God.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453687 Jun 18, 2013
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453688 Jun 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE ARE MANY MINISTERS THAT ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO US THEM .. ANOINT THEM ...as instruments of righteousness TO SPEAK WHAT HIS WORD.
But remember on thing ...
That when Balaam's ass got through being used of God...She was still an ass
Read about it...in
Num_22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
Num_22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
Num_22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
Num_22:31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.
~~~
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
NOTE
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
You, earlier today:
"THE lessons taught IS NOT subject to the authority of the EARTHLY teacher."

Ignoring that it would be correctly expressed "lessons......are", you told me clearly that the teacher (minister) has no authority.

He cannot correct those whom interpret incorrectly.

Now, you affirm that there ARE ministers who teach with authority. Who are these people, and who has determined their authority?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453689 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION..
--->WHAT SCRIPTURES HERE.(BELOW)..DID JESUS OPEN UP TO THE APOSTLES?
BEFORE HE ASCENDED?
~~~
Luk 24:45 -->Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,<---
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Luk 24:50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
Luk 24:51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
It says which scriptures in verse 44.

44 And he said to them: These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must needs be fulfilled, which are written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453690 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. really.
By the way, what does "GIF" mean? I know you mean Mr. Confrint, but how did "GIF" happen?
He used to run it out as "God Is Faithful".

"confronting" actually sums up his whole deal better, aesthetically, but GIF is easier to type than having to retrain my brain to misspell "confronting" all the time.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453691 Jun 18, 2013
25x your swords is my words sharpen
against my enemy..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453692 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose two men matriculate from the same Bible college, and they both go to the same town to set up their respective ministries.
Rev. A is appointed Pastor at First Bible Church.
Rev. B. is appointed Pastor at Second Bible Church ten blocks away.
Thus, both congregations have declared these men to have sufficient authority to minister to their churches.
One Sunday, Rev. A and Rev. B, preaching on the same scripture, contradict themselves in their conclusions.
Who decides who is "wheat" and who is "chaff", and are their congregations similarly declared "wheat" and "chaff" by them having placed these men in their Pastoral positions to begin with?
Huge supposition there Dan. Have no idea this would happen. But the pastirs in a lot of denominations have central authorities..some don't but they are responsible

To the congregation..and some of these deacons are steeped in Bible...a guy preaching against the Bible would not last long in a Bible beleiving church.

We are responsible to each other as the Early Christians were.

And if pastor b broke off and sold his beliefs to others. He is responsible yo God for hid flock

But you keep leaving out the HOLY SPIRIT in this.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453693 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He used to run it out as "God Is Faithful".
"confronting" actually sums up his whole deal better, aesthetically, but GIF is easier to type than having to retrain my brain to misspell "confronting" all the time.
......see?

I didn't spell "confrinting" incorrectly that time.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453694 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. really.
Luther and Abraham both blazing trails or being pioneers or some such.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453695 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You, earlier today:
"THE lessons taught IS NOT subject to the authority of the EARTHLY teacher."
Ignoring that it would be correctly expressed "lessons......are", you told me clearly that the teacher (minister) has no authority.
He cannot correct those whom interpret incorrectly.
Now, you affirm that there ARE ministers who teach with authority. Who are these people, and who has determined their authority?
So every CC priest teaches with authority and are always correct?
I don't think so..what about more liberal priests ...are they wrong or right becayse of the fact they are priests
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453696 Jun 18, 2013
words of saints is sword
Catholics Marty..
Did your prosecuted prophets?
everything will past my words not..

uhhhhh i say
i breath very hard
nooooooooooooooooooo i say i weak up
right side right arm bummmmmmmm
Who do that?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453697 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic proclaimed open season on Luther he became and endangered species...
The main thing the bothered him ,,,, it took some time to learn the difference in the freedom of living by faith and freedom from the Roman Catholic Churches bondage.
Just because he had receive a revelation of truth in one important subject.
"That the just should live by his faith."
Did not mean that he had become the expert expositor in all of it..
Like Abraham . of old....He was traveling in uncharted territory.
~~~
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought t
<quoted text>
Your explaining all of this about Martin Luther. Are you aware YOUR CULT ordained him as a priest. And actually a priest in a very significant position in the Roman Catholic cult. Are you aware now that Martin Luther is a product of your cult? Yes or No?
Martin Luther hadn't lost his mind yet at the point he was ordained a priest. That came later, after years of his OCD disorder and late night chit chats with satan. Then he threw a giant hissy fit when the pope did not address his concerns about the indulgences as quickly as Luther wanted him to. In a fit of rage he threw himself out of the Church.
Of which, by that time, he NO LONGER BELONGED since he left it.
I learned this from reading a biography on him written by someone who thought Luther was a great HERO.

You fundies really crack me up, you wanting it both ways all the time.
On one hand you think Luther is a great guy and on the other hand you think he's a freak the Catholic Church created.
Simultaneously believing both. That's the cognative dissonance of fundie thinking, the mind bending effort to hold both ideas at once. The result is that neither idea is really believed but the mind is way too occupied to notice.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#453698 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If your imaginary god didn't allow hell to exist, there would BE no hell.
If you trace all suffering back to the source, the source is your own creator that you adore ONLY because you are certain he is going to save you.
A god that could have created a universe where no suffering exists and yet chose not to must enjoy suffering ... and that means that he will enjoy YOUR suffering ... not just the suffering of all other forms of life.
I prefer to believe that there is no creator than to believe in one that finds you and your religion unbelievably "attractive."
Silly stuff indeed!
June

The problem is that God creates out of "nothing".

We can idealize, or conceptualize what nothing is.

You preference to believe God is nothing, does not negate your point, but actually reinforces the point that God exists. Why?

Suffering would not exist if there was only nothing. But suffering exists because there is existence, which has good and evil. And good and evil means there are two directions in Creation. One towards God, the other away from God.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453699 Jun 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture does..
Example: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..
A Catholic will say that is wrong...Mary was sinless..
I say...Mary was a sinner...same as you and I...per Scripture...
So you must believe that Jesus was a sinner. The verse says "ALL have sinned.
Right?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453700 Jun 18, 2013
Did you see your enemy?
prophet seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

then i see myself over 80..i have grey hair..no i don't go died..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453701 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huge supposition there Dan. Have no idea this would happen. But the pastirs in a lot of denominations have central authorities..some don't but they are responsible
To the congregation..and some of these deacons are steeped in Bible...a guy preaching against the Bible would not last long in a Bible beleiving church.
We are responsible to each other as the Early Christians were.
And if pastor b broke off and sold his beliefs to others. He is responsible yo God for hid flock
But you keep leaving out the HOLY SPIRIT in this.
Well, I DID present it as a hypothetical.

RE: "To the congregation..and some of these deacons are steeped in Bible...a guy preaching against the Bible would not last long in a Bible beleiving church"

Questions on this premise-

1.) How would a guy "preach against the Bible" at a "Bible believing church"? I mean, I'll assume he was vetted by said Deacons et. al. prior to his appointment, yes?

2.) I thought that one could (should, from what I've gathered) interpret scripture themselves. How would someone doing this run afoul in a "bible believing church"? Are you telling me that the Pastor has to interpret scripture how the "bible-steeped" Deacons and the rest interpret or he's out?

3.) Given 1 and 2, why isn't one of the Deacons made Pastor if the whole deal's subject to his/their judgment?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453702 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So every CC priest teaches with authority and are always correct?
I don't think so..what about more liberal priests ...are they wrong or right becayse of the fact they are priests
When promulgating Church teaching on faith and morals, they teach with Christ's authority. So, they're correct. BTW, they don't get to decide for themselves what passage XYZ means, same as I don't.

Their politics are their own and aren't binding-conservative OR liberal.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#453703 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! and look where Marx, Hitler and all of the infamous dictators and their "ideologies" have ended up over the past 2000 years. They have ALL "come and gone" --YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF ---LIVES ON!!!and will "continue" to LIVE ON as Jesus said it would in Matthew 16.
still lying I see, boy you really must like hot weather, at least you won't be alone, you'll be among a lot of priests, cardinals, bishops and popes to chat with, plus the guy in the red suit, can't forget him as he sticks you with his pitch fork, i' be there standing right beside him telling him all the nasty things you said about him, but then he is the god of the underworld probably knows everything about you and is looking forward to when you join him...again I'll ask for the 1000+ time, show undeniable scripture where Jesus says the catholic church is the church he intended to build, that is mentioned in the book of Mathew? he says "MY CHURCH" again how do you conclude he is talking about the catholic church from those two simple words? show the history that supports yours and their theory/myth/fantasy, joke what ever you want to call it.one thing it is not and that is the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF. there is a break in the chain I believe more than once I pointed out the best one to you, but you still insist of believing your own lie. If hell does exist, it'll be your fault for being there, for believing in such an outlandish lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Tue Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web