Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#453664 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"

I'm in.

BTW, if Catholics DID worship Mary, why do you think they'd be loathe to tell people they did? They certainly aren't shy about telling people what they believe, but somehow you think they'd "hide" worshipping Mary if they in fact DID do it.

The same reason that they deny penance, indulgences, and idol worship.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453665 Jun 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Definition of WORSHIP:
"reverence and devotion offered a divine being or supernatural power; also; an act of expressing such reverence."
Do catholics claim Mary is a divine being?
Do Catholics offer Mary reverence and devotion?
In Catholic myth, does devotion to Mary save souls?
The answers are Yes, Yes, and Yes.
Given the definition of the word "worship," do Catholics worship Mary?
Of course. Maybe not in the same way as Jesus, but worship nevertheless.
Shameful. Idol worship. Yikes!!!
If it weren't all imaginary, wouldn't some god have made it more clear?
1.) Do catholics claim Mary is a divine being?

No

2.) Do Catholics offer Mary reverence and devotion?

Yes. Luke 1:28, Luke 1:48

3.) In Catholic myth, does devotion to Mary save souls?

No. Mary cannot save souls. We pray for Her intercession, but she cannot save souls. That's Christ who does that.

4.) Given the definition of the word "worship," do Catholics worship Mary?

No, as Mary is not accorded divinity.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453666 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope-neither source is the repository for church teaching.
Darn.
I wanted you to be "Research King" very badly, and you now still have to wallow in "I can only locate stuff that supports my predetermined conclusions"-ville.
I am "wallowing" in Catholic links -- which contradict each other.

I don't blame you for closing your eyes, not reading, and attacking me instead. What else can you do?

All I asked for is a list of the CC's "perfect teachings on faith and morals."

All you have is made up excuses and some Catholic blogs toying with the same question. But no official list.

The CC has sliced and diced every teaching a hundred times over.

Yet for some reason, the CC cannot tell us which teachings were or are the perfect ones that set the CC apart.

I am convinced the reason is because perfect teachings from 1000 years ago have proven to be absurd embarrassments in the modern world.

Like "there is no salvation outside the Church."

What happened to that perfect De Fide teaching -- derived from divine revelations with the highest degree of certainty, considered infallible revelation, and proclaimed by more than one Pope?

It was twisted, spin, and turned around. Heck, I hear they are even letting in atheists today.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453667 Jun 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Your wife made the analogy. Not me.
....and Christ assuredly DID impart His authority to Earthy teachers. Remember "the Apostles"? Ring any bells?
Better sign up for another 60 year hitch of bible study, GIF. Looks like you haven't made it through the NT yet.
You haven't even started on the Bible, Dan. You are still in Catholicism 101.
KM
I'm sure that passes for "witty" where you come from, but noted that you're clearly evading the issue.

Do you believe that the Apostles taught with Christ's authority? Your husband appears to believe otherwise.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453668 Jun 18, 2013
Why you prosecuted me?
Did you judge me?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453669 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"
I'm in.
BTW, if Catholics DID worship Mary, why do you think they'd be loathe to tell people they did? They certainly aren't shy about telling people what they believe, but somehow you think they'd "hide" worshipping Mary if they in fact DID do it.
The same reason that they deny penance, indulgences, and idol worship.
KayMarie
What Catholic denies penance?

What Catholic denies the historicity of the practice of indulgences?

I'll deny the false accusation of idol worship. No one's supported that claim by supplying Catholic teaching to worship idols.

Again, why would a Catholic deny what they believe? To assuage your or Mr. GIF? Not hardly.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453670 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... all their prayers were nothing but illusion. They were brutalized because of religion, and for supporting their own religion.
In the midst of all the blood and broken dreams, they still cling to the illusion that a god chose them as special.
Dumb is doing the same things over and over ... hoping for different results.
But as Catholics can verify, they make good torches.

Like who else could have given the world Mr. Hitler?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453671 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I am "wallowing" in Catholic links -- which contradict each other.
I don't blame you for closing your eyes, not reading, and attacking me instead. What else can you do?
All I asked for is a list of the CC's "perfect teachings on faith and morals."
All you have is made up excuses and some Catholic blogs toying with the same question. But no official list.
The CC has sliced and diced every teaching a hundred times over.
Yet for some reason, the CC cannot tell us which teachings were or are the perfect ones that set the CC apart.
I am convinced the reason is because perfect teachings from 1000 years ago have proven to be absurd embarrassments in the modern world.
Like "there is no salvation outside the Church."
What happened to that perfect De Fide teaching -- derived from divine revelations with the highest degree of certainty, considered infallible revelation, and proclaimed by more than one Pope?
It was twisted, spin, and turned around. Heck, I hear they are even letting in atheists today.
Your citations aren't authoritative. Your research is shoddy at best.

I'll "attack" you for that all day.

When you come to the board with information, I'll treat you as a serious person. Now, you're simply enjoying the sound of your own voice.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453672 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Do catholics claim Mary is a divine being?
No
2.) Do Catholics offer Mary reverence and devotion?
Yes. Luke 1:28, Luke 1:48
3.) In Catholic myth, does devotion to Mary save souls?
No. Mary cannot save souls. We pray for Her intercession, but she cannot save souls. That's Christ who does that.
4.) Given the definition of the word "worship," do Catholics worship Mary?
No, as Mary is not accorded divinity.
The Pope said he prays to Mary.

Only Jesus and Mary had no original sin. Both went directly to Heaven in bodily form.

In the Fatima miracle recognized as the most important in CC history, Mary proclaims that devotion to her sacred heart saves souls.

Worship.

#453673 Jun 18, 2013
[who="Oxbow"
So then you cannot show me Scripture that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT...
Christ was never crucified anywhere but as told in the NT...it was foretold...it was prophesied...but that is not the same as Him actually being crucified...
While on earth He was the incarnate Son of God...so says Scripture...
Rev. 8:13 calls Him 'the Lamb that WAS slain BEFORE the foundation of the world'.
KM

#453674 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"
I'll deny the false accusation of idol worship. No one's supported that claim by supplying Catholic teaching to worship idols.
Again, why would a Catholic deny what they believe? To assuage your or Mr. GIF? Not hardly.

You should get out more. Catholics tell us this stuff.
KM
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453675 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
At the EMPTY tomb of Jesus it was John that first BELIEVED IN HIS RESURRECTION....understood the resurrection of Jesus... NOT PETER...
Joh 20:4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.
Joh 20:5 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.
Joh 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
Joh 20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
Joh 20:8 ---> Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. <---
NOTE
Joh 20:9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
Joh 20:10 Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.
It was actually the women who first saw and believed.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453676 Jun 18, 2013
I also believe that Jews were often brutalized because they are brilliant in so many ways and tend to dominate the finances in every country where they are allowed to flourish. That ability to dominate finances also makes them targets of people who are jealous, as was Hitler.

I would rather have the Jews dominate the economy than the Muslim, Christians or any other group.

At least the Jews don't try to force their religion on others by bragging that people can't live without it. And that is something for which they deserve respect.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453677 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
The Pope said he prays to Mary.
Only Jesus and Mary had no original sin. Both went directly to Heaven in bodily form.
In the Fatima miracle recognized as the most important in CC history, Mary proclaims that devotion to her sacred heart saves souls.
Worship.
The Pope doesn't worship Mary.

Yes, Mary was assumed into heaven body and soul.

The miracle at Fatima isn't part of the deposit of faith of the Church. Doesn't look like they think it's as important as you said it is.

Aren't you getting tired of getting debunked?

Back away from the kid's table and do some research.

Are you really "Michael" from Canada? You follow his script to the letter.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453678 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"
You should get out more. Catholics tell us this stuff.
KM
Cite one who denies penance and the historicity of the practice of selling indulgences.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453679 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have faith that you will be saved and most of the world's population will go to hell for eternity.
And you perceive that THAT is love.
You can have it! It belongs to you.
Rose has faith that Jesus will save HER.** I ** have faith that Jesus will save ME. Every man, woman and child in the world can be saved the same way, because Jesus died for all.

I doubt that Rose wants anyone to go to hell, and I certainly don't want anyone to go to hell either. But IT'S NOT UP TO US. Anyone that doesn't want to go to hell need only trust Jesus to save them.

#453680 Jun 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that none on Earth can teach the Gospels with authority?
THERE ARE MANY MINISTERS THAT ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO US THEM .. ANOINT THEM ...as instruments of righteousness TO SPEAK WHAT HIS WORD.

But remember on thing ...

That when Balaam's ass got through being used of God...She was still an ass

Read about it...in

Num_22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Num_22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

Num_22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.

Num_22:31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.

~~~

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

NOTE
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453681 Jun 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you do worship statues and in your example you call it a Eucharist. Jesus nor the apostles NEVER told you or anyone else to worship a cracker.
Fundies worship the Bible. It's been admitted by a fundy here in this forum very recently. Atemcowboy, I think it was. He said the Bible is Omniscient and "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word with God and the Word (Bible) was God."

Jesus never told anyone to worship a book.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453682 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
But as Catholics can verify, they make good torches.
Like who else could have given the world Mr. Hitler?
Hitler learned all about how the popes manipulated and bullied others to follow their own wills.

He used the same manipulation against the popes of his era, and they pulled in their horns in a hurry.

Hitler was nobody's fool ... until he outsmarted his self.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453683 Jun 18, 2013
light..beautifull light appiering..you will return home to be save..see miracle return from war..why..who spear life..god almighty..
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now
Why you prosecuted me?..did you judge me Paul= Saul?
yes you areeeeeeeeeeeeee
Did you have blood on your hand with Catholic Marty!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web