Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695751 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#453644 Jun 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
For awhile there I thought we were on the same planet....
Show me Scripture in the Bible that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT....
You don't know how these things were accomplished in God's timetable. Scripture says that Jesus was CRUCIFIED BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN.
We can't 'see' it all, but He still said that He was before Abraham. He also said that 'Abraham desired to see My day, and he saw it, and was glad.'
He walked in the fiery furnace with the Hebrew children. He followed them in the wilderness as their Rock. Scripture tells us all this and more.
He IS GOD, you know...
KayMarie
So then you cannot show me Scripture that teaches Christ lived on earth for some 33 years as the incarnate Son of God, was crucified, died, buried, and ascended into Heaven, before the NT...

Christ was never crucified anywhere but as told in the NT...it was foretold...it was prophesied...but that is not the same as Him actually being crucified...

While on earth He was the incarnate Son of God...so says Scripture...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453645 Jun 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can locate it? That is my point.
http://www.uscatholic.org/church/2011/05/ther...
"There is no set list of ex cathedra teachings, but thatís because there are only two, and both are about Mary:"
But wait! http://www.catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallib...
"The infallibility of the pope is not a doctrine that suddenly appeared in Church teaching; rather, it is a doctrine which was implicit in the early Church."
There were many Papal decrees that were deemed infallible before 1870. But many proved embarrassing, so the definition was changed and everything was set straight.
The absurd notion that God wants things to work this way -- with such a lack of integrity -- is one I simply cannot understand, and why should I, or anyone else?
The CC has had 2000 years to make its case. Today, 95% of humanity say something is wrong. No duh!
Nope-neither source is the repository for church teaching.

Darn.

I wanted you to be "Research King" very badly, and you now still have to wallow in "I can only locate stuff that supports my predetermined conclusions"-ville.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453647 Jun 18, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing :) Jesus did it ALL! Truly, God's grace IS amazing, isn't it??
I wholeheartedly agree that Luther's life-changing revelation was through the Holy Spirit. But I don't know exactly where or when this happened to him. I know he DID make a pilgrimage to Rome when he was very young, and did crawl up those famous steps. But while that would make for great drama :) I'm not sure he left a record of exactly where & when, only that it was sudden, and changed everything for him :)
Luther's "life changing revelation happened" while he sat on the toilet trying to pinch a loaf.

"A somewhat cryptic remark in one of Luther's personal recollections has been the subject of much interest. Luther wrote of being granted his theological insight in a room identified by the Latin abbreviation cl. What could this mean? One obvious interpretation would be that the abbreviation is to be understood as cloaca a semipolite Latin term for "latrine" or "privy." "
http://www.poopreport.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453648 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a forum ... not a church. I escaped religion and am now free of it.
I am here to give others words that will also free them from religion if they so choose to leave.

If they don't, that is their choice, but at least I know I tried my best to help them out the mental bondage and confusion from which I suffered for so many years and now realize that what I was fed was based on nothing but the fantasies of theologians.
"Free"?? Are you kidding? June, you are OBSESSED with religion! My gosh, your post count is OVER 55,000 :s Now, I realize part of that was probably accumulated on threads other than this one, but given that this particular thread is one of the longest on all of topix.com , I don't think that's a coincidence.

"Free," indeed. You're so ensnared in your own bitterness and hurt that you've been trying to work through them here on this thread for years, and very likely other places too. I'd say for every single post of all the other postwriters here combined, there's one from YOU.

Somewhere in your life you were hurt, very deeply hurt, by something connected to a church. I can sympathize with that, because I had an extremely painful experience of my own when I was a teenager. And as a matter of fact, I don't know of ANYONE who has not had at least one such wound. My own husband had a pretty bad one, long before I met him, at the church we both later attended as a married couple for many years.

June, your mistake is blaming Jesus for the faults of His followers. Disillusionment can be crushingly painful; finding out that even devout Christians can and do still royally screw up hurts when you're used to looking up to them.

People will always disappoint you, June, and Jesus Himself knew that. That's why He died for all people, everywhere. HE was hurt too, y'know. His friends were often idiots, and one of them sold Him for money. Nevertheless, He still loved them.

June, your pain screams through every word you write, but in blaming Jesus for it and turning your back on Him you are "throwing out the baby with the bathwater." Isn't it time you told Jesus Himself how much you're hurting? People will let you down, June, but HE never will.

I wish you peace, June.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453649 Jun 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics don't own this forum but the title only confirms and reaffirms for us as followers and disciples to protect, defend and uphold the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE Church that has existed for over 2000 years... The Catholic Church has been the bedrock, the pinnacle, the pillar and the foundation of the TRUTH with Jesus as the light and beacon of that TRUTH throughout history. The Catholic Church has also been under attack since the time of Jesus Christ by heretics, bigots, hypoocrites, atheists and agnostics. They have all "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET-----THE CHURCH LIVES ON! and will CONTINUE to LIVE ON despite those who are on this forum with the "sole purpose" of attempting to undermine it!!
Your conflicting Catholic dogmas undermine the validity of the church.

If you can't see their lies, you choose to be blind TO the lies, and that onus is on you.

Your slovenly laziness to think outside of your cult is nothing of which to be proud.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453650 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are theological and '
CHRISTIAN colleges.
And men called to be pastors ..but we as believers endowed by the Spirit can ascertain wheat from the chaff.
For me I pray for truth in all I read and hear.
And I sm nit all knowing by any means ..but if something is directly contrary to scripture.
I leave or change the channel or put down the book. One thing about kindle ..you can get samples before you buy.
And my Oe. Theology on basics comes right from your church ..but relying on Gods word..with the help of the Spirit ..you will not falter no matter who is in the pulpit.
SOME DOGMA just dies not ring true.
But if you use John 3:16 as your measuring stick..In the end God will sort out the differences.
I think he will laugh at some of it others probably grieve Him
Imo
Suppose two men matriculate from the same Bible college, and they both go to the same town to set up their respective ministries.

Rev. A is appointed Pastor at First Bible Church.

Rev. B. is appointed Pastor at Second Bible Church ten blocks away.

Thus, both congregations have declared these men to have sufficient authority to minister to their churches.

One Sunday, Rev. A and Rev. B, preaching on the same scripture, contradict themselves in their conclusions.

Who decides who is "wheat" and who is "chaff", and are their congregations similarly declared "wheat" and "chaff" by them having placed these men in their Pastoral positions to begin with?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453651 Jun 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
"Why was Israel cursed with forty years of wilderness wandering?"
How silly!
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453652 Jun 18, 2013
Definition of WORSHIP:

"reverence and devotion offered a divine being or supernatural power; also; an act of expressing such reverence."

Do catholics claim Mary is a divine being?

Do Catholics offer Mary reverence and devotion?

In Catholic myth, does devotion to Mary save souls?

The answers are Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Given the definition of the word "worship," do Catholics worship Mary?

Of course. Maybe not in the same way as Jesus, but worship nevertheless.

Shameful. Idol worship. Yikes!!!

If it weren't all imaginary, wouldn't some god have made it more clear?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453653 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Always hate the subject because people forget these criminals are men. And they can be on every walk of life.
But the closing of these mostly poor parishes and selling off the buildings...is bad.
And why doesn't. ROME ..if it id ONE church make up the shortfall that may have come from these payments and ghd econmoy.
Those people noe have to take hisses or go all the way 3cities away to find home churches.
we have menu people of different languages. Down here and these local parishes were their home.
The CC is kn the very position with a central head to help them. Imo.
You could write the Vatican with your suggestions.

Papal E-mail/Fax/Phone:

The Vatican Press Office is considered the "official" means of email contact for the Holy Father. The following email address does gain a response.

e-mail: av@pccs.va
phone:+390669881022
fax:+390669885373

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#453654 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"
Your wife made the analogy. Not me.
....and Christ assuredly DID impart His authority to Earthy teachers. Remember "the Apostles"? Ring any bells?
Better sign up for another 60 year hitch of bible study, GIF. Looks like you haven't made it through the NT yet.

You haven't even started on the Bible, Dan. You are still in Catholicism 101.

KM

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453655 Jun 18, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther's "life changing revelation happened" while he sat on the toilet trying to pinch a loaf.

"A somewhat cryptic remark in one of Luther's personal recollections has been the subject of much interest. Luther wrote of being granted his theological insight in a room identified by the Latin abbreviation cl. What could this mean? One obvious interpretation would be that the abbreviation is to be understood as cloaca a semipolite Latin term for "latrine" or "privy." "
http://www.poopreport.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php...
Who cares? I often pray when I'm sitting on the toilet. Why shouldn't Luther have had this life-changing revelation then?

Boy, you really ARE fascinated by Luther's bodily functions, aren't you? I think you have what's called an "anal fixation," Just Sayin. Therapy might help.

#453656 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"
So, you believe that none on Earth can teach the Gospels with authority?

Not without His guidance.
KM
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453657 Jun 18, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
"Free"?? Are you kidding? June, you are OBSESSED with religion! My gosh, your post count is OVER 55,000 :s Now, I realize part of that was probably accumulated on threads other than this one, but given that this particular thread is one of the longest on all of topix.com , I don't think that's a coincidence.
"Free," indeed. You're so ensnared in your own bitterness and hurt that you've been trying to work through them here on this thread for years, and very likely other places too. I'd say for every single post of all the other postwriters here combined, there's one from YOU.
Somewhere in your life you were hurt, very deeply hurt, by something connected to a church. I can sympathize with that, because I had an extremely painful experience of my own when I was a teenager. And as a matter of fact, I don't know of ANYONE who has not had at least one such wound. My own husband had a pretty bad one, long before I met him, at the church we both later attended as a married couple for many years.
June, your mistake is blaming Jesus for the faults of His followers. Disillusionment can be crushingly painful; finding out that even devout Christians can and do still royally screw up hurts when you're used to looking up to them.
People will always disappoint you, June, and Jesus Himself knew that. That's why He died for all people, everywhere. HE was hurt too, y'know. His friends were often idiots, and one of them sold Him for money. Nevertheless, He still loved them.
June, your pain screams through every word you write, but in blaming Jesus for it and turning your back on Him you are "throwing out the baby with the bathwater." Isn't it time you told Jesus Himself how much you're hurting? People will let you down, June, but HE never will.
I wish you peace, June.
Your rant, like so many others, makes no sense.

How can she "blame Jesus" when she makes it clear she doesn't believe in any imaginary god?

Me? I agree with you. I believe that all gods are imaginary except for mine.

So whatever our faith, we agree that 99% of all gods in human history are imaginary. All except for mine.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453658 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are theological and '
CHRISTIAN colleges.
And men called to be pastors ..but we as believers endowed by the Spirit can ascertain wheat from the chaff.
For me I pray for truth in all I read and hear.
And I sm nit all knowing by any means ..but if something is directly contrary to scripture.
I leave or change the channel or put down the book. One thing about kindle ..you can get samples before you buy.
And my Oe. Theology on basics comes right from your church ..but relying on Gods word..with the help of the Spirit ..you will not falter no matter who is in the pulpit.
SOME DOGMA just dies not ring true.
But if you use John 3:16 as your measuring stick..In the end God will sort out the differences.
I think he will laugh at some of it others probably grieve Him
Imo
Do you believe that God has no interest in His word being taught incorrectly by Rev. Chaff and possibly leading to the ruin of souls?

Scripture seems to contradict this-Christ took great pains, seemingly, to set things up so His message WOULD be taught with His authority. He didn't just bug out hoping we'd all figure it out in the end.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453659 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly!
The Israelis were God's chosen people.

In God-speak, "chosen" mens "punching bag."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453660 Jun 18, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Not silly at all. What would be silly is choosing hell, when you could have heaven instead, simply by accepting the gift of it. Have a look at John 3:16-18 sometime, June.
If your imaginary god didn't allow hell to exist, there would BE no hell.

If you trace all suffering back to the source, the source is your own creator that you adore ONLY because you are certain he is going to save you.

A god that could have created a universe where no suffering exists and yet chose not to must enjoy suffering ... and that means that he will enjoy YOUR suffering ... not just the suffering of all other forms of life.

I prefer to believe that there is no creator than to believe in one that finds you and your religion unbelievably "attractive."

Silly stuff indeed!

#453661 Jun 18, 2013
who="Oxbow"
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it...
Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

When the New Jerusalem (the church) comes down out of heaven, she will
have 12 gates with the names of the twelve tribes of Israel on them.
It will have TWELVE foundations with the names of the TWELVE Apostles of the Lamb.

Jesus Himself will be the CHIEF CORNER STONE.

Peter is ONE of the foundations,equal with the other apostles...not THE ROCK.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453662 Jun 18, 2013
Jew ... "God loves me."

Catholic ... "NO HE DOESN'T ... HE LOVES ME!!!"

Muslim ... "He doesn't love either Jew or Catholic ... HE LOVES ME!!!

Protestant ... "You are ALL WRONG ... HE loves ONLY me!!!

Satan ... "I'll be seeing you, in all those old familiar places .........."

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#453663 Jun 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Israelis were God's chosen people.
In God-speak, "chosen" mens "punching bag."
Yes ... all their prayers were nothing but illusion. They were brutalized because of religion, and for supporting their own religion.

In the midst of all the blood and broken dreams, they still cling to the illusion that a god chose them as special.

Dumb is doing the same things over and over ... hoping for different results.

#453664 Jun 18, 2013
who="Dan"

I'm in.

BTW, if Catholics DID worship Mary, why do you think they'd be loathe to tell people they did? They certainly aren't shy about telling people what they believe, but somehow you think they'd "hide" worshipping Mary if they in fact DID do it.

The same reason that they deny penance, indulgences, and idol worship.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web