Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646936 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#453453 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Lovely
What is that on your avatar?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#453454 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it bothers them so badly because deep down they know the CC teaches the truth. But they want truth to be relative so that they can engage in their favorite sin. It pricks their consciences and they hate it. It's the same spirit of rebellion that prompted satan to remove himself from God's presence.
I guess these rabid anti-catholics are in better position than others who having known the truth but slink silently away never looking back. More than one conversion has happened because someone made an honest attempt to debunk the CC.
Absolute stupidity!!!! "It's the same spirit of rebellion that prompted satan to remove himself from God's presence."

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
marge

Leesburg, GA

#453455 Jun 17, 2013
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453456 Jun 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a picture depicting Jesus welcoming a child..goes with SUFFER THE CHILDREN to come yo Me.

Did you try clicking on it.

Might be easier to see???

I found it years ago so I put it on here:)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453457 Jun 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
m
YES YOU CAN ..just click on the image takes you yo my page!!! Its clear even on my small tablet.
My bigger one is charging. So I'm not signed in now.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453458 Jun 17, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation is a gift, but you still have to ACCEPT the gift, June. Jesus bought our salvation with His body and blood, but that can't save you if you don't even believe that He is giving it to you.
As for the preaching...well, this IS a religious thread, so you do kind of have to expect the preaching :)
Roberta and marge

Ever watch a program on Christain channels

We have it on TBN at 330 am on Sundays I dvr. It..called the stranger.
its a modern day Jesus coming yo ordinary people with modern versions of the parables.

In one of them he and a young lady are talking about

If He has a bottle of water..She is thirsty. He hands it to her..but she has to accept it and drink ..

This guy JEFFERSON MOORE did these shows and a couple of movies. One is called I think Dinner with a Stranger.

All of them are available on DVD. What a great ministry..

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453459 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Dan . I had been avoiding it studiously because the priests are not the only authority figures who have been guilty. They a 're everywhere I n all walks of life. And I do nit think of priest s that way at all .MOST ARE TRULY DEDICATED MEN IF GOD.
My chief complaint on the Church was why in God's name nit move these men to monasteries away from children ..your church was in a unique position to do such a thing without even involving the Law. I do nit get it. They coukd live out their lives in contemplation and penance .

And save children besides in the parishes they were moved to.
I was asking because money came up and sorry if it is relevant but dioceses are closing parishes in the face of the believers. The poorer ones and selling real estate to get money.
Why doesn't the VATICAN bank recompense on that level and let theses
Believers keep their schools and church's???
It is One Church is it not.. with one leader.
Excellent post, Rose :)

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453460 Jun 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta and marge
Ever watch a program on Christain channels
We have it on TBN at 330 am on Sundays I dvr. It..called the stranger.
its a modern day Jesus coming yo ordinary people with modern versions of the parables.
In one of them he and a young lady are talking about
If He has a bottle of water..She is thirsty. He hands it to her..but she has to accept it and drink ..
This guy JEFFERSON MOORE did these shows and a couple of movies. One is called I think Dinner with a Stranger.
All of them are available on DVD. What a great ministry..
No, I've never seen it but it sounds like an excellent illustration of the point :)

Good night :)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453461 Jun 17, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've never seen it but it sounds like an excellent illustration of the point :)
Good night :)
Just found this on youtube..I think it is a long one but you will like it

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453462 Jun 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wej1jHtiH-MXX
One of the stranger videos ..hope you like it

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#453463 Jun 17, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post, Rose :)
Thanks. Always hate the subject because people forget these criminals are men. And they can be on every walk of life.

But the closing of these mostly poor parishes and selling off the buildings...is bad.

And why doesn't. ROME ..if it id ONE church make up the shortfall that may have come from these payments and ghd econmoy.

Those people noe have to take hisses or go all the way 3cities away to find home churches.
we have menu people of different languages. Down here and these local parishes were their home.

The CC is kn the very position with a central head to help them. Imo.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453464 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I know if what I state is true? I could be lying and not even be aware that I am lying.
Just because I believe something doesn't mean it's true.
You'll have to make that decision on your own!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453465 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If their ideologies are gone, how come you know about them???
Naughty fibber.
:)
I have studied, read and know enough about them to realize their failed policies and ideologies came from each of their dictatorial egos, striving specifically for power and control.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453466 Jun 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever wondered why the deity is hiding?
All those prayers from Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants all begging to be loved has to be hard on the invisible nerves.
:)
June! Why don't you just keep playing your anti-God, anti-Church, agnostic and atheist "word games" with Black Thunder 42!---"You deserve each other"!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453467 Jun 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking you to prove your god exists,a and prove his words to be valid is hostile huh?
You are lost my friend...that is what the world requires of those who profess any end or promise. It is not my fault you are inept and unable to step up to the plate when it comes to your professions.
I "stepped up to the plate" (long ago) by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, in and through His historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church and the Salvation that he gave us through His Life, death and resurrection...... If you chose to live your life by continously "drifting around in your revolving circle" of confusion, and chaos, with your life "firmly entrenched" in hostile vindictive beligerence-toward God and Christianity-------that is YOUR choice.(hope it works out for you).. As a Catholic/Christian, I choose to spend each day at Daily Mass with the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood) and in prayer, contemplation and communion with God Our Father, His Son Jesus, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that Christ gave us at Pentecost..... You can do what you want Black Thunder!!!!!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#453468 Jun 18, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a picture depicting Jesus welcoming a child..goes with SUFFER THE CHILDREN to come yo Me.
Did you try clicking on it.
Might be easier to see???
I found it years ago so I put it on here:)
You can't have any graven images or icons. It looks like you're participating in idolatry. I suggest you remove it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#453469 Jun 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have any graven images or icons. It looks like you're participating in idolatry. I suggest you remove it.
It's a picture of a child with Jesus.

I do not idolize it..not should you.

I have seen bibles with pictures in them depicting scenes
In His life.

Ever watch the Mel Gibson movie or other stories about Jesus?

Ever see.a Nativity scene???

Sorry It is not an icon nor an idol

And I have had it fir 5 years.I have seen avatars of
goddesses on Topix. Do I think they don't care

SORRY but this picture stays thank you

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#453470 Jun 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. Aren't you Catholic .

I personally do not find your statues or crucifixes to be idols but some others do.

Who are you to tell me you find a picture of Our Dear Lord offensive.

Shame on yoi
dan

Omaha, NE

#453472 Jun 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
OK silly man.
Just give us a link that contains the RCC's infallible teachings.
That way, we can show you how the CC has changed its teachings.
But if you make such a claim, but have no list, why should anyone except another Catholic believe you?
Is slavery immoral? Is the answer an infallible teaching?
Probably not. How about an adult having sex with a minor? Is that prohibited by infallible teaching?
I do know one "infallible teaching. Mary had no original sin. Now that should help make the world a better place. Thanks Jesus. Next time tell us something we can put in practice.
No wonder Jesus died so that 2000 years later, 5% of humanity believe enough to practice their faith as he supposedly wanted.
Jesus died so 5% would believe.
Nice job. How about something to show us on what theological belief level each teaching is on? After all, there are only 7 levels. That should be no problem, if anyone knew.
If it wasn't a delusion, then you would be asking similar questions.
LOL.
Thought you wouldn't be able to locate it.
You're GIF with better grammar.
Next.
dan

Omaha, NE

#453473 Jun 18, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it has escaped your notice that I discussed only the issue of SALVATION BY GOD'S GRACE ALONE THROUGH FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE. I never talked about Sola Scriptura, at least not in that post.
"Sola Fide" wasn't a belief or practice in Christendom until the Reformation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 2 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 28 Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web