Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653905 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#453404 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am curious what you believe "love" is. Apparently you don't understand that it must be freely given for it to be love? That means there must be a *choice* to love or not to love.
Would you rather you not have the choice? You just be a slave, a robot? THAT would be the real sadistic deity, not one who allows for freedom of choice.
The book I am reading is very interesting. The author says that people will act out the traits they believe that God has. Or put another way, how people act has a direct affect on their beliefs on God. It actually changes your brain structure which then reinforces those beliefs.
If that is the case, from the "believers" I see here your deity is in big trouble.

Location hidden

#453405 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure that the Reformation was anchored in the desire for clerical marriage.
Can you cite evidence to support this claim you're making?
Can you prove your deity exists?

Location hidden

#453406 Jun 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
Sorry. I misunderstood your post. And so I went around to another direction, to challenge your understanding. It is often difficult to challenge another's understanding, or broaden their way of thinking, which was my intention, and still is, without some misunderstandings in the attempt.
So, for one to have memories, there must be an object of that memory. Likewise, for there to be a reflection in a mirror, there must be an object as well.
Can you agree to these two points, that there must be objects?
For a rational being there should.
However Copperfield has proven that is illusive perception.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#453407 Jun 17, 2013
They teach us God is everywhere can see or know everything..nothing hide.
Please where is that foundation..i am within you, you are within me.

Thoughts and action simple addiction as you do your job every day any job does meter what you think good or very bad..even you think its perfect but still is addiction.
We judging as action every move..no..this world will be gone for ever.. if Heavenly looking like that.
Adam

Franklin, NC

#453408 Jun 17, 2013
Wow. You all are about 15 posts away from 3rd place all-time on Topix!

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453409 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, proof the CC is no worse than the Protestants.
So how is Jesus to choose his favorite?
The one who killed and maimed fewer people maybe?
If religion wasn't a delusion, their gods would never be making such strange choices.
The Muslims are starting to look better all the time.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#453415 Jun 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the case, from the "believers" I see here your deity is in big trouble.
Have you ever wondered why the deity is hiding?

All those prayers from Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants all begging to be loved has to be hard on the invisible nerves.

Quesnel, Canada

#453419 Jun 17, 2013
truth wrote:
They teach us God is everywhere can see or know everything..nothing hide.
Please where is that foundation..i am within you, you are within me.
Thoughts and action simple addiction as you do your job every day any job does meter what you think good or very bad..even you think its perfect but still is addiction.
We judging as action every move..no..this world will be gone for ever.. if Heavenly looking like that.
HEY!!!... your confusion is no worse than mine, so quit trying to steal the limelight of confusion from me.

Just knock it off. I don't like such competition!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#453420 Jun 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she is not a brother, she is a sister
Oops well well said anyway ...sorry
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453421 Jun 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
From a treatise on the Lord’s Prayer by
Saint Cyprian, bishop and martyr
“Our prayer is communal”
Above all, he who preaches peace and unity did not want us to pray by ourselves in private or for ourselves alone. We do not say “My Father, who art in heaven,” nor “Give me this day my daily bread.” It is not for himself alone that each person asks to be forgiven, not to be led into temptation or to be delivered from evil. Rather, we pray in public as a community, and not for one individual but for all. For the people of God are all one.
God is then the teacher of harmony, peace and unity, and desires each of us to pray for all men, even as he bore all men in himself alone. The three young men shut up in the furnace of fire observed this rule of prayer. United in the bond of the Spirit they uttered together the same prayer. The witness of holy Scripture describes this incident for us, so that we might imitate them in our prayer. Then all three began to sing in unison, blessing God. Even though Christ had not yet taught them to pray, nevertheless, they spoke as with one voice.
It is for this reason that their prayer was persuasive and efficacious. For their simple and spiritual prayer of peace merited the presence of the Lord. So too, after the ascension we find the apostles and the disciples praying together in this way. Scripture relates: They all joined together in continuous prayer, with the women including Mary, the mother of Jesus, and his brothers. They all joined together in continuous prayer. The urgency and the unity of their prayer declares that God, who fashions a bond of unity among those who live in his home, will admit into his divine home for all eternity only those who pray in unity.
My dear friends, the Lord’s Prayer contains many great mysteries of our faith. In these few words there is great spiritual strength, for this summary of divine teaching contains all of our prayers and petitions. And so, the Lord commands us: Pray then like this: Our Father, who art in heaven.
We are new men; we have been reborn and restored to God by his grace. We have already begun to be his sons and we can say “Father.” John reminds us of this: He came to his own home, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who received him, who believe in his name, he gave the power to become children of God. Profess your belief that you are sons of God by giving thanks. Call upon God who is your Father in heaven.
You need someone to explain the Lord's Prayer?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453422 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther added that word "alone" to his German Bible translation. This is common knowledge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Bible
Luther added the word "alone" (allein in German) to Romans 3:28 controversially so that it read: "So now we hold, that man is justified without the help of the works of the law, alone through faith"[8] The word "alone" does not appear in the Greek texts,[9] but Luther defended his translation by maintaining that the adverb "alone" was required both by idiomatic German and the apostle Paul's intended meaning.[10]

In those Bible verses you posted (which I had to snip for room), the "works" they are talking about are the "works" of the Old Testament, the sacrificing of animals and the like. God had allowed hundreds of years of these practices in order to show that none of those sacrifices could remit their sins. Now in the NT, those verses were saying that we don't have to go by the ancient levitical works/practices since Jesus, the True Lamb, has fulfilled the Old Covenant. It doesn't mean that we can now sit on our butts, say the magic Jesus words, and wait for the bus to heaven.

And I like how you defend poor Luther like he a big misunderstood teddy bear. He was psychotic and delusional and obsessed with feces, his anus, and with satan. He is the cause of millions of souls being in jeapordy of eternal hell.

Let me ask you something. Does your church say masturbation is a sin?
Does yours?

Kindly explain to me how Luther's rediscovery of the truth that God's grace IS A GIFT and cannot be EARNED in any whatsoever "caused of millions of souls being in jeopardy of eternal hell." My goodness, don't you think that always having to wonder whether one has done enough to "earn" salvation, not trusting Jesus to save you, puts a whole lot more souls in jeopardy of hell?

And what is this obsession you have with Luther's physical ailments and how 16th century people relieved themselves?

Just Sayin, I gotta hand it to you. I've been chatting online in one forum or another for many years now and I've seen a LOT of obscene or profane or vulgar posts, and quite a few which were all of those things. But I don't think I've EVER before seen a piece of filth like that coming from someone who claims to be a Christian. Do you save your used toilet paper and go around showing it off to family and friends too?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453423 Jun 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where might we find the verse Paul tells us "tradition" is profitable? Where might we find the verse Paul tells us anything other than Scripture is profitable?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Thessalonians 2:13-14
13 Whereunto also he hath called you by our gospel, unto the purchasing of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
14Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.
Just Sayin do you have a Bible? Here is the Scripture you say you quoted above.

II Thessalonians 2:13-14, 13 "But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits* to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. 14 To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ."

NOT ONCE did Jesus speak well about traditions, Neither did Paul as he said in Colossians 2:8 “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, AND NOT AFTER CHRIST.” He said to” let the word of God dwell in you richly.” It is the word of God that is living and active (Heb.4:12) to change one from the inside, traditions can never be a alternative or of equal value to what God has spoken and written down for all generations to live by.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#453424 Jun 17, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Does yours?
Kindly explain to me how Luther's rediscovery of the truth that God's grace IS A GIFT and cannot be EARNED in any whatsoever "caused of millions of souls being in jeopardy of eternal hell." My goodness, don't you think that always having to wonder whether one has done enough to "earn" salvation, not trusting Jesus to save you, puts a whole lot more souls in jeopardy of hell?
And what is this obsession you have with Luther's physical ailments and how 16th century people relieved themselves?
Just Sayin, I gotta hand it to you. I've been chatting online in one forum or another for many years now and I've seen a LOT of obscene or profane or vulgar posts, and quite a few which were all of those things. But I don't think I've EVER before seen a piece of filth like that coming from someone who claims to be a Christian. Do you save your used toilet paper and go around showing it off to family and friends too?
Didn't I read somewhere that LUTHER,had the revelation that Jesus,alone paid the full price..while he was doing penance on his knees climbing a sacred monastery steps.

It occurred to him..I BELUEVE through the Spirit..how much dies thus penance cleanse..can we ever be cleansed by our own efforts?

Or did Christ take all of the cup of ALL IF our sins to the Cross causing Him to be actually separated by that Sin from His father..So crying out Why hast thou forsaken me..Then at the end saying IT US FINISHED..what mire coukd we humans do.

Location hidden

#453425 Jun 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Luther you add faith "alone".
And they weren't pedophile priests, they were homosexual predators preying on pubescent and post-pubescent boys.
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

1. Most of these men were ordained priests.

2. Sexual interest in children of either sex is called "pedophilia."

3. Nearly all of the violated children were under 16 the first time the priest(s) abused them. Many of them were younger than 12.

Ordained priests + sexually violating children = pedophile priests.

Really, Anthony, if you're going to play word games, at least try to come up with a good one.

Location hidden

#453426 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I read somewhere that LUTHER,had the revelation that Jesus,alone paid the full price..while he was doing penance on his knees climbing a sacred monastery steps.

It occurred to him..I BELUEVE through the Spirit..how much dies thus penance cleanse..can we ever be cleansed by our own efforts?

Or did Christ take all of the cup of ALL IF our sins to the Cross causing Him to be actually separated by that Sin from His father..So crying out Why hast thou forsaken me..Then at the end saying IT US FINISHED..what mire coukd we humans do.
Nothing :) Jesus did it ALL! Truly, God's grace IS amazing, isn't it??

I wholeheartedly agree that Luther's life-changing revelation was through the Holy Spirit. But I don't know exactly where or when this happened to him. I know he DID make a pilgrimage to Rome when he was very young, and did crawl up those famous steps. But while that would make for great drama :) I'm not sure he left a record of exactly where & when, only that it was sudden, and changed everything for him :)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#453427 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly

Quesnel, Canada

#453428 Jun 17, 2013
If men paid heed to a god, the god was very cruel
If men paid heed to men, the men were very cruel
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Homosexuality

Christianity adopted Judaism’s revulsion for homosexuality; and as soon as they came to power, Christians tried to eradicate homosexuals in 390 by a law that threatened them with burning at the stake. Article 116 of Emperor Charles V’s “Penal Rules”(1532) laid down:“They are to be condemned to pass from life to death by fire, in accordance with the common custom.”

Quesnel, Canada

#453429 Jun 17, 2013
So foolish were the words of popes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Onanism

The Pope writes that the masturbator forfeits the love of God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#453430 Jun 17, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing :) Jesus did it ALL! Truly, God's grace IS amazing, isn't it??
I wholeheartedly agree that Luther's life-changing revelation was through the Holy Spirit. But I don't know exactly where or when this happened to him. I know he DID make a pilgrimage to Rome when he was very young, and did crawl up those famous steps. But while that would make for great drama :) I'm not sure he left a record of exactly where & when, only that it was sudden, and changed everything for him :)
Well however it happened . Thank God it did. And it makes perfect sense. CHRIST is the only sacrificial lamb whose sacrifice Coukd be enough to satisfy God's justice.

Nothing man does us enough. We are sinful
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453431 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agreed with you. Why are trying to pick a fight with someone who agrees with you?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
The Opium of the People. A CATCHPHRASE applied to religion. It is derived from Karl Marx (On Hegel’s Philosophy of Law).
Religion is the sigh of the hard-pressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, as it is the soul of soulless circumstances. It is the opium of the people.
Yes!! and look where Marx, Hitler and all of the infamous dictators and their "ideologies" have ended up over the past 2000 years. They have ALL "come and gone" --YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF ---LIVES ON!!!and will "continue" to LIVE ON as Jesus said it would in Matthew 16.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web