Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 626957 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#453310 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's a good example of judging an entire religion.
I wonder why the poster didn't see that?
I guess the spinning made him dizzy. That and figuring out a good reason why a church that supposedly possesses "infallible teachings from God" doesn't have a list of these amazing teachings to share with the world.
5 infallible teachings maybe?
10?
100?
5000?
Who cares!! We've had lists of banned books going back for centuries. Why not a list of something positive, like those amazing infallible teachings God just happened to drop on you?
LOL when delusions get too specific, then they can be proven wrong. Details are dangerous to any delusion.
I showed you some.

If you want details, find the site that contains the RCC's teachings.

If you cite it, you can become "informed". If you persist in telling half-truths to make a point, you're "June".

Which will it be?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453311 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asked about dogma so I posted something from Catholic Encyclopedia about dogma. Personally I think it's important to learn these kinds of things. Stating simple belief, such as in a creed, is fine and good, especially when just learning about the Faith (or any faith), but comes a point when a person should delve a little more deeply into the matter.
No?
LMAO.....

"... a person should delve a little more deeply into the matter."

You don't even understand what you posted.

It was copy and paste, and didn't address the answer directly anyhow.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453312 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, elsewhere in the Bible is a verse that says the CHURCH is the pillar and foundation of Truth.
NO KIDDING???

Those Catholic authors wouldn't lie ... would they???
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#453313 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Good one.
Was the country you live in born in a toilet too?
Or maybe it was started by Catholics, with the full support of the Catholic Church?
Yep, that's it.
I'm not sure who started it. Probably protestants or Catholics or both, or maybe the freemasons and the KKK. Maybe not born in a toilet, but looks like it'll die there.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453314 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL when delusions get too specific, then they can be proven wrong. Details are dangerous to any delusion.
Yeah! I'm still trying to comprehend why Christians would believe that a Jew is coming to earth to save them and take them to Christian heaven ... when Jews don't even believe they go to heaven.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#453315 Jun 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Luther WAS A FORMER Roman catholic PRIEST...
HE EVIDENTLY KNEW many of THE TRICKS IN THE TRADE...
LIKE THE APOSTLE PAUL was toward Judaism
BEFORE GOD apprehended him...and set Him in the right direction...
Once Luther decided the CC was wrong he ipso facto defrocked himself and placed himself outside the Church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#453316 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed you some.
If you cite it, you can become "informed". If you persist in telling half-truths to make a point, you're "June".
Which will it be?
Or it of you want whole line of fable.. it could be be that Ju-lied..
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#453317 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO.....
"... a person should delve a little more deeply into the matter."
You don't even understand what you posted.
It was copy and paste, and didn't address the answer directly anyhow.
I recognize I don't know everthing there is to know. I am still learning. Isn't this a good thing?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453318 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"ordinary magisterium" explains "why".
Instead of telling me what you'd do if you had "infallible teachings", show me what you'd do if you had "intellectual curiosity" and inform a question that you ask.
You can find what the RCC teaches. Anyone can. It's in multiple languages and its indexed.
Your assignment is to cite the internet source for it.
If you provide it, you're smarter than any protestant who's ever trod these boards.
Good luck.
Gibberish....

"Despite its name, the "ordinary and universal magisterium" falls under the infallible sacred magisterium, and in fact is the usual manifestation of the infallibility of the Church, the decrees of popes and councils being "extraordinary"

More....

"Eventually, many fallible teachings progress to the point where they can be infallibly defined (such as when they become not only Ordinary, but Ordinary AND Universal). Thus, some teachings move from the ordinary magisterium to the sacred magisterium."

Shouldn't you be aware when that happens? Aren't you curious?

In short, who knows?

No one, which would be absurd, if it wasn't a delusion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453319 Jun 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
So truth is subjective? It's all good?
If killing people as heretics guaranteed sainthood ... maybe you could tell me if truth is subjective.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453320 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you persist in telling half-truths to make a point, you're "June".
Which will it be?
I don't tell half-truths ... I repeat lies that others told me. So stop lying about me!!!

By the way ... what IS a half of a truth anyway???

:)

#453321 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO KIDDING???
Those Catholic authors wouldn't lie ... would they???
~~~

Truth for them is as scarce as hens teeth.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453322 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed you some.
Which will it be?
OK silly man.

Just give us a link that contains the RCC's infallible teachings.

That way, we can show you how the CC has changed its teachings.

But if you make such a claim, but have no list, why should anyone except another Catholic believe you?

Is slavery immoral? Is the answer an infallible teaching?

Probably not. How about an adult having sex with a minor? Is that prohibited by infallible teaching?

I do know one "infallible teaching. Mary had no original sin. Now that should help make the world a better place. Thanks Jesus. Next time tell us something we can put in practice.

No wonder Jesus died so that 2000 years later, 5% of humanity believe enough to practice their faith as he supposedly wanted.

Jesus died so 5% would believe.

Nice job. How about something to show us on what theological belief level each teaching is on? After all, there are only 7 levels. That should be no problem, if anyone knew.

If it wasn't a delusion, then you would be asking similar questions.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453323 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I recognize I don't know everthing there is to know. I am still learning. Isn't this a good thing?
If the answers were there, you wouldn't need to learn or make anything up. You could just look it up.

But the fact is that no one knows which teachings are infallible.

The Popes and councils have changed the definition too many times.

When an infallible teaching in one era is found to be very fallible in another, then they just change the definition of "infallible."

Is that how God one true church should be run, if the claim itself were true?

#453324 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Luther decided the CC was wrong he ipso facto defrocked himself and placed himself outside the Church.
The Roman Catholic proclaimed open season on Luther he became and endangered species...

The main thing the bothered him ,,,, it took some time to learn the difference in the freedom of living by faith and freedom from the Roman Catholic Churches bondage.

Just because he had receive a revelation of truth in one important subject.

"That the just should live by his faith."

Did not mean that he had become the expert expositor in all of it..

Like Abraham . of old....He was traveling in uncharted territory.

~~~

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#453325 Jun 17, 2013
Christianity—the Christian faith, the Gospel—is not a bunch of teachings. It is not like some kind of list of dogmas. It is a conviction about Christ through communion with Him by the illuminations of the Holy Spirit. It is a living reality. It is a reality beyond words and expressions and propositions and doctrinal and defined formulations. It is the new life. It is the truth itself in its fullness, in its completion, in its perfection, that is given in Jesus and the Holy Spirit, within the Christian church. And it is something to be experienced, to be seen, to be intuited, to be lived, to be understood.
Roberta G

United States

#453326 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
Christian belief and practice until the Reformation did not contain the idea nor practice of "Sola Scriptura".
Apparently it has escaped your notice that I discussed only the issue of SALVATION BY GOD'S GRACE ALONE THROUGH FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE. I never talked about Sola Scriptura, at least not in that post.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453327 Jun 17, 2013
One thing we know with 100% certainty.

All the Roman Catholics posting here in the past few days are willfully ignoring some recent advice from their new Pope.

The Pope knows what I know. He's a sharp guy. Catholics here should consider listening to what he had to say.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453328 Jun 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Christianity—the Christian faith, the Gospel—is not a bunch of teachings. It is not like some kind of list of dogmas. It is a conviction about Christ through communion with Him by the illuminations of the Holy Spirit. It is a living reality. It is a reality beyond words and expressions and propositions and doctrinal and defined formulations. It is the new life. It is the truth itself in its fullness, in its completion, in its perfection, that is given in Jesus and the Holy Spirit, within the Christian church. And it is something to be experienced, to be seen, to be intuited, to be lived, to be understood.
Funny, what is the definition of Orthodox?

Funny, because the Roman Catholics claim they are the keepers of tradition, not the Orthodox.

They forget where the term "Orthodox" even came from and what it means.

Isn't that crazy?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#453329 Jun 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Christianity—the Christian faith, the Gospel—is not a bunch of teachings.
Of course it IS!!! Without ex-Jew Catholic theologians writing their claims of truth, there would be no Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Fri huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Gee Tee 9,892
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Fri Dump Trump 1
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Thu huey goins 3
News 500 years after reformation, Pope Francis knock... Feb 4 Listen to the Word 1
News Activists have immigrant message for pope Feb 3 wild child 1
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Feb 2 barefoot2626 1,955
More from around the web