Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637681 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#453282 Jun 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Now that is the first I ever heard about Luther be obsessed with his poo poo, butt,and what ever else you catholics made up to justify the reformation....lol Rewriting history is fun isnt it...Luther was discusted with the catholic church and its evil ways..now thats the truth...
WOT? you didnt know that Luther had hemmis? big time, which caused him to come down with Strep(caused by not washing his hands) after going to the bathrom and then scratching his nose.

No joke.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#453283 Jun 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are a lot of self-identifying bad actors around.
Hey, you wont get an argumeent from me, there are a lot of bad actors on here that claim to be catholics.

hopefully, they might come back to the true Gospel before it is to late for them.

lets face it, catholics have been protesting for centuries, and have found themselves displeasing to God
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453284 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if they supplied me with their core beliefs in context of a discussion, I judged those beliefs.
I said I judged their statements.
I see.

You have only judged their statements. What else can you use to judge others?

Deeds maybe?

How do we best judge an entire religion? Words or deeds?

Which one did Jesus teach us was the best way to judge? Words or deeds?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453285 Jun 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Clay!!! Quote: The Catholic Church came before the NT was written.
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, founder of Christianity, the corner stone of every Christin denomination, did not make the scene until the NT...
Which proves the Catholic "Church" is a non Christian origination....
Jesus certainly was "on the scene" before the NT was authored.

Are you nuts?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453286 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Deeds maybe?
Jesus didn't tell us to judge anyone (still).

I can't judge anyone on this forum by anything but their words.

In real life, it's typically by deeds.

You judge a religion by what it teaches, typically.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453287 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Lot's to chew on.
OK, un-muddy our minds. Next, each dogma has a level of theological belief.
Woman wearing something on their head in church -- what kind of dogma is that and what level of theological belief is that requirement?
You made an assumption without thinking it through.
Here's the point. No one know. Things are rarely specified. Your church has "infallible teachings" that can never change. Amazing!
But even more amazing is the fact that you don't know what your own church's infallible teachings are.
Maybe women covering their head in church was an infallible teaching? You don't know.
The CC has muddied the waters so much, even the most devote believers can't be sure of what is what.
Was Jesus' teachings so complicated, or did the CC make his teachings so?
Women covering their heads at Mass is not a doctrine, it's a practice. It comes from the Bible. I don't know exactly why the Apostle (Peter, I think) said for women to have heads covered, to not wear fancy jewelry, etc. It has to do with the culture of the time. Just like the clergy wearing long robes. That's a practice which also comes from the standard wardrobe for men at the time of Christ.

The Church's infallible teachings are pretty easy to find:
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/

They are beautiful.

Shorter and simpler version is the Apostles Creed.

What is so wonderful about these teachings is that over time they are developed, meaning that the Church's understanding of them grows as time goes on. Libraries of books are written on these topics. But these writings are not necessarily formally defined doctrine, however, they are proof that the Sacred Mysteries can never be exhausted. God continues to reveal Himself and will for all eternity.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453288 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I see.
Deeds maybe?
In what manner would one "judge an entire religion"?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453289 Jun 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets face it, catholics have been protesting for centuries, and have found themselves displeasing to God
:)
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453290 Jun 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does!!!
Message: Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect, thoroughly finished unto good works...
If he needs more, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!
So you believe that "Bible alone" religionists are perfect, or that they can become perfect with only the Bible?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453291 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/which-...
"Some of them—the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption—have been infallibly taught by a definition of the extraordinary magisterium (i.e., in a definition of a pope or an ecumenical council). Others—the male priesthood, the intrinsic evil of abortion and the deliberate killing of innocents—are infallibly taught, without a definition, by the Church’s ordinary magisterium."
There isn't an exhaustive list due to how these things come about over 2000 years.
If you want to know what the RCC teaches, you know where to look, right?
Thank you for proving me correct.

"The Church has not yet compiled a list of all infallible teachings or dogmatic definitions."

I note that in your reply, you sought to make up a good reason why, that was never mentioned in the article. Absurd too.

No list has been compiled because infallible teachings and dogmas change too often. If a comprehensive list were available, then the CC could be judged based on the ever changing list. As it stands, the CC can never be pinned down.

So how does the author know for sure that the dogmas mention were indeed infallible? In fact, certain dogmas were changed that would have been claimed as infallible by the authors own definition.

I have also read and been told here by catholics that to be an infallible teaching, it must be declared so by the Pope "from the chair." This author names other ways.

If I truly believed I had infallible teachings, I would know what they were and I would proudly list them for the world to see.

This is just a lot of CC smoke to keep from being caught changing an infallible teaching. Such as non-Catholics can be saved.

That teaching met the definition of infallible for a long time. Then it wasn't.

If you want to know what the RCC teaches, you can't find it. For good reason.

Quesnel, Canada

#453292 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
By claiming it was false?

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453293 Jun 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sons of God are led to all truth by the Holy Spirit. If two claim to be so led and disagree on Scripture...one is lying...he ain't...or both are lying...you can't be 100% sure which is which, but by what they are saying as compared to Scripture, you can be 99.9% sure which is which...if you are led by the Holy Spirit...
A dime to a doughnut says you will deny being a son of God...if you say you are, I will make the same bet that you cannot prove your answer from Scripture.
So what you are saying is that truth really can't be known with certainty.
Or you are saying that *you* know without doubt which hayseed is led by the Holy Spirit and which is just expressing their opinion.
Or you are saying that all hayseeds who agree with your opinion of Holy Scripture are led by the HOly Spirit.
All three at once, perhaps?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453294 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you judge Islam as the truth or not?

I also look at the societies the core values produce.

But even with the words of Jesus, you don't want to commit. I get it.

Delusions don't have much solid ground. So we have no list of infallible teachings and few straight answers.

I rest my case.

Quesnel, Canada

#453295 Jun 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect,
So your opinion IS that YOU are perfect???

youtube

AOL

#453296 Jun 17, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453297 Jun 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Now that is the first I ever heard about Luther be obsessed with his poo poo, butt,and what ever else you catholics made up to justify the reformation....lol Rewriting history is fun isnt it...Luther was discusted with the catholic church and its evil ways..now thats the truth...
Sera, it is common knowledge that Luther was obsessed with poo, anus, and satan. Catholics didn't make it up. I read a biography of him by someone who thought Luther was just wonderful and all this info and more was in there.
http://onefootwalking.wordpress.com/2010/03/1...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3944549.stm

Archaeologists in Germany thrilled over their discovery of Luther's toilet, the birth place of the Reformation.

Quesnel, Canada

#453298 Jun 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I find it curious that some here can reduce a 2 PAGES of examples and history to one example/one sentence, thereby feeling that have successfully challenged the argument and therefore can ridicule it
It's called a time-savior.

Holier Than Thou

Northallerton, UK

#453299 Jun 17, 2013
ALL religion is crap.
It is nothing more than a crutch for those who don't have the guts to live life without some imaginary 'higher being' who they believe has the answers to why we die, and who will save us.
We die because we are biological creatures, we do not have the option of 'immortal life' in the heavens. We just return to the earth evolution took us from. If there was a god he would do something about 'his earth' the one he was supposed to have made, instead of letting mankind ruin it.The fact he hasn't shows he doesn't care.
If he made the earth for us to live on, then why do we have to die only to go to some shadowy fucking place?
None of it makes sense. It is SHITE.
Christianity, Islam, ALL SHITE like the leaders of their so called followers.

Quesnel, Canada

#453300 Jun 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Women handing out the Eucharist is a practice, not doctrine.
Thanks.
So does that mean that she is not qualified to get the job done right???

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#453301 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By claiming it was false?
So truth is subjective? It's all good?

Besides, it wasn't Dan who judged Islam, now was it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) 5 hr nanoanomaly 1,965
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr Sir 10,082
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web