Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599584 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453021 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't read the book of Daniel have you ? If you have then there must have been a whole lot that went right over your head. It tells us that in the last days knowledge would increase and there would be things that would be revealed that God had sealed up. Daniel was not even allowed to understand those things but God told him to seal up the book and those things would be revealed in the last days. We are in the last days and we have seen that during the last 50 years or so deep mysteries have been revcealed to certain servants of God. Not all people that claim to serve God has been allowed to be able to see these mysteries. The story of the the events that took place in Eden is just ONE of many things that God has allowed to be understood..."ACCURATELY "" and and I stated not has been allowed to be privy to these revelations.

That's why I stated that if you are still one of those that think Adam and Eve was driven out because they ate the wrong produce, then you definitely HAVE NOT been allowed to see this increase of knowledge.
Godhas yet not opened up those sealed things to many which is why they still teach that they ate some forbidden fruit and so God drove them out of Eden.
If God has not opened up those sealed things to them,truth of what really took place in Eden will make a person stumble when they hear it which is why they cannot handle it when they are told what really happened. That knowledge is therefore STILL SEALED to them.
Oh, great. You're one of THOSE.

1) When the devil, through the serpent, told Adam and Eve that eating the fruit would make them "like God, knowing good from evil" they sinned in their hearts. They were God's children, but the devil tempted them to want more than that. Adam and Eve's sin was NOT in eating fruit, but in the sinful pride they allowed to take hold of them. This is exactly why pride is called "original sin." Almost all sin starts this way.

2) We've been in the "Last Days" since Pentecost.

3) You speak of "sealed knowledge." What makes you think YOU have access to knowledge beyond that which is contained in the Bible?

Location hidden

#453022 Jun 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
imo we know who is HIS and who is not, it says by our love for one another, sound doctrine, agreement, fruits, etc, otherwise our communion, where to do ministry, etc, would seem worthless.
I agree with that.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#453023 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
1) When the devil, through the serpent, told Adam and Eve that eating the fruit would make them "like God, knowing good from evil" they sinned in their hearts. They were God's children, but the devil tempted them to want more than that. Adam and Eve's sin was NOT in eating fruit, but in the sinful pride they allowed to take hold of them. This is exactly why pride is called "original sin." Almost all sin starts this way.
3) You speak of "sealed knowledge." What makes you think YOU have access to knowledge beyond that which is contained in the Bible?
His brain is affected by what he eats!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#453024 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how Sunday services in the ELCA or WELS** usually go, but in the LCMS, the Nicene Creed is recited most often--about 4/5 of all regular Sunday services. We do recite the Apostles' Creed every now and then, but the Athanasian Creed only gets recited once a year, for Trinity Sunday, thank goodness :) This last time, I didn't even TRY to stand through the whole thing, just sat when I needed to, which was most of the time.
**For the uninitiated ;) the ELCA is the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, and the WELS is the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
didn't know there were two 'creeds', i think my moms church was the Missouri synod, don't think my dad's church said the creed.

the word 'creed' is from man as far as i can tell.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453025 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
The sin they committed was sexual in nature. They were told not to touch the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That tree was Satan. Want proof? Read the 31st chapter of Ezekiel. Spiritual beings were called trees sometimes and in Ezekiel 31 it states that the "trees" in Eden envied him because of his beauty etc, etc. Now a tree does not have the ability to envy but an angelic being does. Satan sexed Eve up and she conceived Cain by him. Much of what is written in Genesis concerning those events are METAPHORICAL but you misled Christians have made them literal which is why you guys are completely confused as to what really happened in Eden.

However way back when we also thought as you guys do about what happened in Eden but within the last fifty years or so God has unsealed many things and KNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN INCREASED. Glory be to God.

And the last days started when Israel became a nation again in 1948, not on Pentecost day as you erroneous stated.
Study the parable of the fig tree and you will understand the start of the last days. This is the fig tree generation aka the last days.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453026 Jun 16, 2013
Knowledge shall be increased in the time of the end but till then seal up the book...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...

Location hidden

#453027 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>The sin they committed was sexual in nature. They were told not to touch the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That tree was Satan. Want proof? Read the 31st chapter of Ezekiel. Spiritual beings were called trees sometimes and in Ezekiel 31 it states that the "trees" in Eden envied him because of his beauty etc, etc. Now a tree does not have the ability to envy but an angelic being does. Satan sexed Eve up and she conceived Cain by him. Much of what is written in Genesis concerning those events are METAPHORICAL but you misled Christians have made them literal which is why you guys are completely confused as to what really happened in Eden.
However way back when we also thought as you guys do about what happened in Eden but within the last fifty years or so God has unsealed many things and KNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN INCREASED. Glory be to God.
And the last days started when Israel became a nation again in 1948, not on Pentecost day as you erroneous stated.
Study the parable of the fig tree and you will understand the start of the last days. This is the fig tree generation aka the last days.
In Genesis 3....show me where it teaches Adam and Eve had sex....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453028 Jun 16, 2013
Now I know what I am about to link you guys to is gonna thoroughly have you guys discombobulated but I'll post it anyhow. Want proof that the tree in the garden was Satan, then read the following..........CAREFULLY.

http://www.theseason.org/ezekiel/ezekiel31.ht...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453029 Jun 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In Genesis 3....show me where it teaches Adam and Eve had sex....
Okay. Here you are.

http://biblestudysite.com/realsin.htm

Location hidden

#453030 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. Here you are.
http://biblestudysite.com/realsin.htm
That is not Scripture stupid...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453031 Jun 16, 2013
I think you guys would be much farther along in your Bible studies if you became intimately familiar with the 198 appendixes of the King James Companion Bible. So here.

http://www.biblestudysite.com/cbapend.htm
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#453032 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>As a man. Christ temporarily gave up His position as a God when He became flesh. Was that supposed to be a trick question,LOL? Let me explain something to you. One that seeks to serve the Lord should be wiser than the serpent. I can't believe you asked that question,lol.
LOL....Where does the Bible state Jesus gave up His position as God when He became flesh. Chapter and verse would be great. Specific, the words "gave up His position".

Stange thing. When a person declares themselves wiser than the serpent who are they trying to impress? Are you wiser than Satan?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453033 Jun 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is but if this knowledge is still sealed to you by God then you won't be able to receive it. You will call that which is truth a lie and you will call that which is a lie, the truth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453034 Jun 16, 2013
Now folks, a lot of these things I'm revealing is probably gonna make some of you stumble or choke because I'm going into the meat of Gods word and the majority of you still require milk because you can't yet handle meat. For that I apologize.

Location hidden

#453035 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
I think you guys would be much farther along in your Bible studies if you became intimately familiar with the 198 appendixes of the King James Companion Bible. So here.
http://www.biblestudysite.com/cbapend.htm

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453036 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Where does the Bible state Jesus gave up His position as God when He became flesh. Chapter and verse would be great. Specific, the words "gave up His position".
Stange thing. When a person declares themselves wiser than the serpent who are they trying to impress? Are you wiser than Satan?
Spiritually if you are led by the SPIRIT OF GOD then you too should be wiser than the serpent. What, are you implying
you don't allow the Spirit of God to lead you. If sothen are you implying that Satan is wiser than the Spirit of God? Yuck. Even saying that statement leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Location hidden

#453037 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is but if this knowledge is still sealed to you by God then you won't be able to receive it. You will call that which is truth a lie and you will call that which is a lie, the truth.

Location hidden

#453038 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Spiritually if you are led by the SPIRIT OF GOD then you too should be wiser than the serpent. What, are you implying
you don't allow the Spirit of God to lead you. If sothen are you implying that Satan is wiser than the Spirit of God? Yuck. Even saying that statement leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I have news for you...that is not what is leaving a bad taste in your mouth...that bad taste comes from sucking on "you know what"...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453039 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Where does the Bible state Jesus gave up His position as God when He became flesh. Chapter and verse would be great.
Phillippians 2:6-8.
Roberta G

United States

#453040 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is but if this knowledge is still sealed to you by God then you won't be able to receive it. You will call that which is truth a lie and you will call that which is a lie, the truth.
I don't think you would know the truth if it handed you an apple and said "Here, this is just for you." Dead giveaway: you claim that you and whatever group you belong to have have access to this "sealed knowledge. " And NOBODY else does. There is NOT ONE SINGLE VERSE ANYWHERE in the Bible saying that a batch of extra-special secret "knowledge" will be dispensed on anyone before Jesus returns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 34 min little lamb 84,301
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 53 min Zog Has-fallen 259
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web