Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452957 Jun 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Tony17" I expected as much from you. What else does one expect from someone that is such a juvenile deliquent when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE W0RD OF TRUTH,that they still think that God drove Adam and Eve from the garden because they ate the wrong produce.
And why do YOU say that they were driven from the garden?
KM
The scriptures tells us why they were driven from the garden. Have you not read what is written in the scriptures? It was not because they ate the wrong produce as the fairy tale that most olf Christianity has been believing.

We are told that in the last days that knowledge would increase and this knowledge of wha really happened in the garden was just revealed to certain of Gods servants withion the last 50 years or so and the sin in Eden was not the eating of some forbidden fruit. What occured in Eden was much more sinister than that.

Don't sweat it though because God does not intend that everyone really know what really happened but certain ones that He has elected to know the truth is Heopening up these revbelations to.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452958 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the Catholics do that? Can you give an example. You used the word "Rabboni". Are you saying that the word Rabboni was changed into something else?
If you read the article I posted, it states in it that the meanings of the words were changed.

I'm indicating that "within the theology itself" when Jesus reappeared Mary honored him with the title of Rabboni, which meant none other than he was a Jewish Rabbi before and after he died ... which would mean he was not a traitor to Judaism and did not promote that any new religion was necessary.

However, I don't believe any of those myths ... Christian or otherwise. I believe it was all superstitious hocus-pocus.

Prince George, Canada

#452959 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that Catholic authors changed anything in the Old Testament?
They didn't change the old testament. They supposedly took words from the old testament, changed the meanings and added the new meanings to their new testament.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452960 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Typical response from one who has nothing to rebut.
I should have expected it.
You have nothing...except fantasy and worthless rhetoric when it comes to honestly answering direct questions.
I can't blame you for not answering when you have nothing...but at least you could be honest and say so...you diatribes only prove your ineptness.
I've dealt with hardcore atheist and agnostics like you, before, and discussion and debate are a "total waste of time"! You want answers??? Begin with humility and trustful surrender to the "Divine Providence"!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452961 Jun 16, 2013
who="Tony17" And why do you believers assume that Christ was tempted only three times by Satan? You assume this because you do not accurately comprehend Gods word so in your misunderstanding, you end up adding to Gods word as OXBOW does over and over.
Another thing that many of you assume and that is that when scripture mentions the wise men, you automatically assume that there were only three.
However we are not told how many there. Also you misread and assume that the wise men found Christ the night He was born but again you assume for we are shown from scripture that by the time the wise men found Christ,He was approximately two years old.
You also also assume that when Christ was crucified, there were only two othere crucified but a very carefuly examination of scripture, when RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth we are show that there were two thieves as well as two malefactors crucified with Christ.
People we must rightly divide the word of truth and when you listen to unlearned men such as Oxbow,this is when you end up with the blind leading the blind.
Your questions do not prove anything, and certainly are no reason for criticizing someone else.
Your site on the three temptations (six?) did not show six, but repeated the same incidents by two different authors.
People naturally assume that there were THREE wisemen because there were THREE gifts. You cannot prove that there were, or were not three.
As to whether there were two or more thieves crucified with Jesus, WHAT ARE MALEFACTORS?(And you can't prove or disprove that one either.)
The time that the wise men reached Jesus is a bit more clear, and most people know that by now. Herod had all the male children under two years old killed, because that was about the time that the wise men came to him. However, we are not told whether Jesus had been born when the wise men reached Herod. It does say that they visited Jesus IN A HOUSE, not a stable. Our minds are influenced by the Nativity scenes that have been so popular.
Watch out. Pride...even about knowing things that are true...is a sin. If you know the truth, TEACH THE TRUTH; don't boast about knowing more than others.
KayMarie
Even Christ cannot prove anything to those whose eyes has not been opened to receive the deeper truths of His word so if their eyes are closed to certain things then I can talk till I'm blue in the face but till God opens their eyes no one can prove it to them.

Prince George, Canada

#452962 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
By the way, June, have you answered my question yet?
Why are you such a bitter, vindictive harpy?
Yes I did.

Prince George, Canada

#452963 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give an example of those changes? And have you studied Judaism?
Of course I can't. It was the Jews who claimed that the meanings had been changed. And my guess is, they would know.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452964 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? It is true that Christ gave His Apostles the authority to forgive and retain sins. It is also biblical to find indulgences in the Bible....at least the Catholic Bible because it consist of 7 more books than the Protestant Bible. The Protestant Bible, which was written in the 16 century took out those 7 books along with parts of Daniel and Esther.
The Catholics have been in existance since the first century and have been practicing indulgences along with the Apostles since the first century. In fact, we got the indulgences from the Jewish people. The Roman Catholic still retains much of her Jewish roots and heritage. This is evidence showing that we are truly the true Church that Christ built more than 2000 years ago. We are an apostolic Church because our Church was founded by Jesus Christ through the Apostle Peter. Protestant churches, on the other hand, were founded by men of the 16th century and so on.
Your Roman Catholic church began with Constantine. Have you ever heard of Constantine? He was the Roman Emperor who took TRUE Christianity, mixed it with Mithraism and all of the other pagan religions in the empire. What was the end result of this mixing.......... The Roman Catholic church.

You said, "The Protestant Bible, which was written in the 16 century took out those 7 books along with parts of Daniel and Esther." End quote.

Bologna!!!! The Roman Catholic church added the Apocryphal books to the Bible by the Council of Trent 1546 A.D The TRUE Bible never contained the Apocrypha.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452965 Jun 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you would show me Scripture that proved your word..you did not because you can't...it ain't there stupid...
Son, it was there but I fear that it was beyond your comprehension level spiritually speaking.

Prince George, Canada

#452966 Jun 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>JuneI am Not on a HIGH HORSE to Heaven.I will be lucky if I get there on a pony. You have so much anger in you for those who do believe in God.If you choose not to believe,its up to you.Well,I choose to believe.Honestly,I have never seen someone whos so full of meaness as yourself and I feel sorry for you.I say this because I care.
Well still, you WILL get there on your pony to heaven ... won't you ... and you believe that if I don't join your cult to believe as do you. I'll be sure to go to hell?

You feign humility while being arrogant in the attitude that a god simply can't resist your charm.

:)

Location hidden

#452967 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil could not exist without the approval of the god. And further more theology states that Jehovah created good and evil.

And as for not answering your question ... I don't read all your sermons, so I miss questions, I don't ignore them.

If you are right and there is a hell, it will prove that your god is cruel and vindictive and not at all merciful.
What is your point other than that?
I know of no place in the Bible stating that God CREATED evil. He did create Lucifer as an angel, who rebelled against God. Kicked out of heaven, he's been trying to get back at God ever since and evil is from him.

________

John 8:44 [Jesus said] "...the devil...was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
________

The surest way to hurt a parent is to hurt the parent's child, so the devil attacks us in any way he can.

Rest assured that hell exists, June. There are different theories as to the nature of hell--it could be a lake of fire, or simply eternal separation from God, etc. But it IS clear that whatever the nature of hell happens to be, it's a place of eternal misery and nobody really wants to go there.

You said that God is "vindictive." No, He isn't. He is the God of JUSTICE, and He must punish sin. Fortunately for us, the God of justice is ALSO the God of love and of mercy :) That's why He's given us a Way out, and proved His love for us by sending His very own Son, Jesus :)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452968 Jun 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you would show be Scripture that proved me wrong...you can babble all you want...until you do, I will no longer respond...you are an idiot....
Ooh. Are you one of these hypocrites that Christ said honors Him with their mouths but their hearts are far from Him? Such name calling you do if you disagree with someone. Don't allow Satan to rent space in your head.

Prince George, Canada

#452969 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly. Yes, it's accepted today that Athanasius himself probably didn't write the Creed that bears his name. It's named after him because he staunchly upheld what the Creed says.
----------
"A medieval account credited Athanasius of Alexandria, the famous defender of Nicene theology, as the author of the Creed. According to this account, Athanasius composed it during his exile in Rome...This traditional attribution of the Creed to Athanasius was first called into question in 1642...and it has since been widely accepted by modern scholars that the creed was not authored by Athanasius...Athanasius' name seems to have become attached to the creed as a sign of its strong declaration of Trinitarian faith."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed
And my guess is ... a character named Jesus never existed to write in his own name either.

Those theologians were prolific at telling tales. It's how they earned their keep.

Location hidden

#452970 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did.
Yes, I finally saw your reply just a few minutes ago. Look for my response to that on the page before this one.

Prince George, Canada

#452971 Jun 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You care but June doesn't Sere.
I care that theologians should never have bragged that they knew the truth, when they built all their claims on nothing but imagination.

It was not honest.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452972 Jun 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've dealt with hardcore atheist and agnostics like you, before, and discussion and debate are a "total waste of time"! You want answers??? Begin with humility and trustful surrender to the "Divine Providence"!
I am no atheist...but you and your deity are absolutely not acceptable.
I have no need to be humble or suffer humility to such an atrocious deity---or to the subjugates such as yourself.
You are arrogant and fruitless as a human being...and truly a waste of time--except to make you an example for others to see.

Prince George, Canada

#452973 Jun 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I care...
You care about your salvation, and you gloat that others will not attain salvation.

That is the nature of your religion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452974 Jun 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really upset because you can not answer the posited questions logically and reasonably.
You are a fraud.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452975 Jun 16, 2013
who="Tony17" Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
And do you really consider yourself a teacher of Gods word? Really?
Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
You certainly should, if you are going to use that to prove a point.
KM
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My point has already been proven. Did you not spiritually receive what God wanted you to get from the lesson?
Six times? Strange? Not according to the Bible.

Apparently you are declaring yourself to be a teacher of the Bible. If so, answer this question. Did Jesus resist Satan as a man or as God?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452976 Jun 16, 2013
To those that call themselves Christians here. If you are one of those that still ,think the sin in the garden of Eden was the eating of forbidden fruit then your knowledge HAS NOT been increased as we were told that it would be in the last days. In the last 50 years or so there has been things revealed that for quite a few centuries the church has been dead wrong on and the belief that Adam and Eve was driven out of Eden for eating forbidden fruit is one of the greatest errors the church has been teaching.

But as I stated earlier God does not intend that ALL be able to receive these deeper last day revelations. Your ignorance believe it or not is gonna end up being your salvation so to speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 54 min truthandcommonsense 84,077
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Mr Sir 9,186
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web