Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650542 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Marathon, Canada

#453182 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church wrote the Bible. It did not fall from the sky.
And, unlike your religion, we don't leave interpretation up to the individual. It is up to the teaching arm of the Church, the Magesterium, which is made up of more than just the pope.
If you claim our theology has "changed", then state specifically how you think it has.
the catholic institution is not The Church. People from every tribe , tongue, and nation who believe in Jesus Christ and are born again, are the Church of Christ.
the catholic religion, just like the protestant religion was not created by God.
God did not create a religion, Jesus ministry was not to start a religion, He came preaching the Kingdom of God.
The Holy Spirit uses whom He wishes, and anoints whom He wishes with Spiritual Gifts.
There are 9 Gifts ,

•The Word of Knowledge
•The Word of Wisdom
•The Gift of Prophecy
•The Gift of Faith
•The Gifts of Healings
•The Working of Miracles
•The Discerning of Spirits
•Different Kinds of Tongues
•The Interpretation of Tongues

They are for every member of the church of God;

3.“Do not quench the Spirit, do not despise prophecies.”(1 Thessalonians 5:19)

4.“Do not neglect the gift that is in you … Meditate on these things, give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.”(1 Timothy 4:14)

5.“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.”(2 Timothy 1:6)

Whatever gift the Holy Spirit has anointed you with, do not shun it.
every believer should go to the Lord in prayer and ask Him to release these 9 gifts through them anytime that He will want to do so. Let God know that you will be a willing vessel for the manifestations of these gifts,

9 Fruits of the Spirit are. Galatians 5:22
1.Love
2.Joy
3.Peace
4.Longsuffering
5.Kindness
6.Goodness
7.Faithfulness
8.Gentleness
9.Self-control

/www.bible-knowledge.com/

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#453183 Jun 17, 2013
Those who supported him idolized him ... and those who hated him vilified him.

And that's religion for you.

Good or bad are simply human perception ... and nothing on which to depend.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..

Assessments of Martin Luther (1483—1546) vary widely, depending on the stance of the assessor. To Pope Leo X he was stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic; to Philip Melanchthon and many of his contemporaries, a second Elijah, a new Paul. For 400 years from Thomas Murner in 1520 and Johann Dobneck in 1549 to Harmann Grisar and Heinrich Denifle in the twentieth century, Roman Catholic writers pictured Luther as a seven-headed monstrosity, a sick monk driven by sex, a desperate criminal, a destroyer of culture, a misguided radical. Since 1950 however, many Catholic scholars have hailed him as a profound reformer. To Goethe he was a genius; to Neitzsche a vulgar peasant. Luther regarded himself as a tool of God.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453184 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But having fund raising by telling people they coukd cut down time in purgatory for themselves and lived ones in return for money is just plain wrong.
And when or if the Church condemned the process after Luther brought the attention..
DID THE CC refund the money and let the contributors know it did Not buy them anything .
Or did they use the money to build the VATICAN..
And in modern day does the CC use Vatican Money fir these lawsuits.
Or do the diocese pay by closing poorer parishes and selling the REAL ESTATE.
http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines...
http://www.boston.com/news/specials/parishes/
That didn't take long, Rose.

The sex scandals-the "Godwin's Law" of any discussion on Catholicism. Failing a point to present, revert to the scandal.

The suits take place at the Diocesan level, Rose; that's the immediate jurisdiction of the offense.

Nice work-you hung in for a while without having to play the scandal card, but you eventually ran out of arguments and pulled it.

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#453185 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Never knew any of that ..thanks.
Peter was married. Just saying. Nit sure why or when the CC DECIDED clergy and nuns shoukdnt
Christ was unmarried.
Just saying.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453186 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is based on its own creeds.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
creed
Noun
1.A system of Christian or other religious belief; a faith.
http://www.google.ca/#gs_rn=17&gs_ri=psy-...
Religions have the Three C's.

1.) Creed-what they believe

2.) Code-what they practice

3.) Cult-a following

Quesnel, Canada

#453187 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure Jesus said we could have all his powers, unless you mean that He said we could have the fruits of the Holy Spirit. In that way becoming like Jesus. A tough row to hoe without help.
Yes, here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_17...
Or just go to Amazon.com and search in the book section.
I've never had a problem ordering from Amazon.
You know if I find any inconsistancy in the Gospel of FSM with what you've been preaching here, I'm going to have to let you know about it.
;-)
Those who are certain they can speak for a savior, tend to believe they ARE saviors in the sense that if they don't preach the gospel, they are disappointing a god ... of all the silly notions.

Quesnel, Canada

#453188 Jun 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
the catholic institution is not The Church. People from every tribe , tongue, and nation who believe in Jesus Christ and are born again, are the Church of Christ.
the catholic religion, just like the protestant religion was not created by God.
God did not create a religion, Jesus ministry was not to start a religion, He came preaching the Kingdom of God.
The Holy Spirit uses whom He wishes, and anoints whom He wishes with Spiritual Gifts.
There are 9 Gifts ,
•The Word of Knowledge
•The Word of Wisdom
•The Gift of Prophecy
•The Gift of Faith
•The Gifts of Healings
•The Working of Miracles
•The Discerning of Spirits
•Different Kinds of Tongues
•The Interpretation of Tongues
They are for every member of the church of God;
3.“Do not quench the Spirit, do not despise prophecies.”(1 Thessalonians 5:19)
4.“Do not neglect the gift that is in you … Meditate on these things, give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.”(1 Timothy 4:14)
5.“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.”(2 Timothy 1:6)
Whatever gift the Holy Spirit has anointed you with, do not shun it.
every believer should go to the Lord in prayer and ask Him to release these 9 gifts through them anytime that He will want to do so. Let God know that you will be a willing vessel for the manifestations of these gifts,
9 Fruits of the Spirit are. Galatians 5:22
1.Love
2.Joy
3.Peace
4.Longsuffering
5.Kindness
6.Goodness
7.Faithfulness
8.Gentleness
9.Self-control
/www.bible-knowledge.com/
How funny that right-fighters in religion preach that they know the meaning of God's love.

"God loves me and MY religion ... not you and your religion!!!"

:)
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453189 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
3.) Cult-a following
Do you judge Islam based on what it teaches, or on what it produces?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453190 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The muddy mind says "doctrine, dogma, practice, discipline...all same thing."
The real hilarity is that the same people who will trawl the vast recesses of the Web to locate any maledicta against the Church, no matter how picayune, seem unable to locate the Vatican website where the ACTUAL teachings of the Church are located, translated into multiple languages and indexed for ease of use.
Intellectual curiosity on part of protestants seems to have limits.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#453191 Jun 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good comments! As a former Protestant (converting to the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ--in and through His One True Catholic Church), what I have discovered (for over 35 years as a bible only believer) that the entire emphasis of being a bible only Protestant is a total reliance on "attacking the TRUTH of over 1500 years of Catholic Apostolic Church History, particularly condemning and passing their personal opinionated judgement against Jesus Christ and His One True Universal Catholic Church. Protestantism cannot survive on its own without attacking the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH of the Catholic Church, its TRUTH of doctrine, principles,and teachings that are grounded in Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!
<quoted text>
Yes, please tell us how you moved from LIGHT to DARKNESS. Converting from truth to Roman Catholic mumbo-jumbo is much like trading in your Mercedes Benz for a roller skate. Do you get the drift?
You've got it "all wrong", OldJG,(as most Protestants do), which is no surprise to ANY of us Convert Catholics who came from your "man-made doctrine" of bible only "Protestant" contradicting interpretations----- INTO THE LIGHT of the true faith and salvation in Jesus Christ, manifested (in and through His One (and only one) TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH..... Ask ANY Catholic who left their bible only (half-truth) Protestant Church and they will tell you the same story!..... Read Scott Hahns conversion testimony (a former bible only Baptist seminarian) who was determined to disprove the Catholic Church with Sacred Scripture. He along with 5 other seminarians ALL converted to the Catholic Faith and the Church. I get your drift alright OldJG!! Its called "drifting around in your bible only boat of inconsistent and contradicting (confusion and chaos)!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453192 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
What it teaches.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#453193 Jun 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
......then you look at how these teachings are interpreted by the adherents.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453194 Jun 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
How he *thinks* it has is quite the point, isn't it? It seems to bother some here terribly that the Catholic Church is the church that Christ founded. They try very hard to refute that truth with such gems as "your church has sinners, so it can't be the one, true church" or "the Mass is now in the vernacular, so it's not the same church as it was in the first century, it's different now". Such HUGE changes, lol! Weak arguments to go with their weak minds that are so easily swayed by any bigot that grabs hold of them.
I was reading something the other day about one particular group of anti-Catholics. It seems that it's mostly the protestant converts to that church, including priests, who are inciting the greater part of the bigotry. They just can't let go of their anti-papal sentiments. It was attested to by several members of this particular church, and based on comments on this thread, they're correct. Not only sad, but sinful. Well, as an old friend used to say, every knock (from them) is a boost (up).
Well it bothers them so badly because deep down they know the CC teaches the truth. But they want truth to be relative so that they can engage in their favorite sin. It pricks their consciences and they hate it. It's the same spirit of rebellion that prompted satan to remove himself from God's presence.
I guess these rabid anti-catholics are in better position than others who having known the truth but slink silently away never looking back. More than one conversion has happened because someone made an honest attempt to debunk the CC.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453195 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The muddy mind says "doctrine, dogma, practice, discipline...all same thing."
Before pointing fingers at others with "muddy mind," why not show us a clear mind?

How many levels of dogma are there in your church?

Also, tell us what level you are discussing.

Otherwise, isn't your mind muddy too?
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453196 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What it teaches.
Thank you. Thus, Islam is peace.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#453197 Jun 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith Alone is an invention of Luther's. He inserted that word "alone" into Scripture. And yes, he absolutely DID invent sola scriptura as well, believing "hey, this is a good rule to follow" because that allowed him to justify his egregious actions...
Oh, really?

_________

Romans 3:21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith...

...27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Romans 11:6 And IF BY GRACE, THEN IT CANNOT BE BASED ON WORKS; IF IT WERE, GRACE WOULD NO LONGER BE GRACE.

Galatians 2:19 “For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I DO NOT SET ASIDE THE GRACE OF GOD, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Ephesians 2:8 FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH--and this is not from yourselves, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD--9 NOT BY WORKS, so that no one can boast.

Titus 3:4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

I probably could have found more, but I've got a lot of other things to do today.

One other thing, though--I am well aware that Martin Luther was no saint, and he himself would have been the first to agree with that. Some of his writings are deeply troubling, especially those regarding the Jews. Most of these however were written by the old and sick Luther, in the last years of his life, and age and illness have been to known to derail even the most stable people. Luther would have been absolutely horrified if he could have looked 400 years into the future and seen the Nazis using his writings to help justify their atrocities.

Just Sayin, don't waste your time trying to use the fact that Luther was himself a sinful human being to diminish his very real accomplishments or his rediscovery of the fact--FACT--that Christians are saved by GOD'S GRACE ALONE

THROUGH FAITH ALONE

IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE.

It won't work. Trying to use Luther's imperfections to discredit this beautiful, amazing truth will fail as completely as trying to use Martin Luther King's extramarital affairs to discredit him as a man of peace. And if you want an example a bit closer to home, consider this: John Paul II was a great man, beloved all over the world and by many non-Catholics as well. I admired him deeply myself. But long before he died he knew that the Church was protecting thousands of pedophile priests and he helped protect them. It was left to Pope Benedict XVI, less well-known, less well-liked, to grapple with the worst of the problem.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#453198 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny that right-fighters in religion preach that they know the meaning of God's love.
"God loves me and MY religion ... not you and your religion!!!"
:)
How funny you believe you have the right to preach against someone you don't believe in.
Religion and God should not be mentions together.
Faith in God is one thing, faith in ones religion is another.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#453199 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
......then you look at how these teachings are interpreted by the adherents.
Oops, you just changed.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#453200 Jun 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is based on its own creeds.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
creed
Noun
1.A system of Christian or other religious belief; a faith.
http://www.google.ca/#gs_rn=17&gs_ri=psy-...
Maybe so, but some creeds are not allowed to be defined except in the most broadest, and useless, extent. Such as the Church of Christ says "the only creed we hold to is the NT."

Quesnel, Canada

#453201 Jun 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
3.) Cult-a following
So what is your point? It's all in the same package of self-indulgence.

Luther was also self-indulgent in his creed ... believing he was the sole owner of absolute truth.

Such nonsense they pedaled that was swallowed whole by gullible followers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web