Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
436,721 - 436,740 of 532,792 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

how can I express myself if i did not know if something horrible happen=call evil
maybe not
but i try tell you

be good with me

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”
In 1958 Judge Leon M. Bazile of Virginia ordered an interracial couple, Richard and Mildred Loving, to leave the state for twenty-five years as punishment for violating Virginia’s anti-miscegenation law, a sentence subsequently upheld by the Virginia State Supreme Court.“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and He placed them on separate continents,” Judge Bazile later explained,“and but for the interference with His arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages.”
People do awful things in God's name..But that does not mean He approves.

June
You live to mock and challenge God. But what ate you going to say when you meet Him.

Again I ask what if we are right..

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42
Here is the dilemma we face. TRUTH
We simply have "concepts of truth" and those concepts are based on opinion and nothing more THAN opinion.

You value your opinion, and the Muslim values his opinion, and you both preach truth at each other as though the same supposed god favors ONLY you.

Silly self-ingratiating nitwits.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>

You can't "handle" "TRUTH".
I can not only handle it!! I know it!, Live it! and embrace it! EVERY DAY in my personal relationship to Jesus Christ, at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist-Jesus' own true body and blood--(IN AND THROUGH) Our Lords (historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church!
Jesus used the word TRUTH!..... Herod's wife knew what Christ was talking about!........ Herod didn't!! You are, no doubt, just as lost and confused as he Herod is!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we can, and the reason is that JESUS is the Truth.
John 14:6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and THE TRUTH and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Black Thunder, when Someone loves you so much that He was willing to suffer and die for you, it's only a problem "handling" that when your pride gets in the way. Speaking for myself, I have a joy--JOY, I said, not just happiness--that I never used to have before I finally realized that although I could never be good enough to EARN salvation, that I don't HAVE to earn it either :)
Jesus bought salvation for me with His own body and blood. My place in heaven is reserved for me, thanks to Him and NOT to any efforts on my part. The good things I do now, and try to do now, are NOT to repay Him (because I never can), but because I LOVE Him, blessed be His name :)
I did exactly that(willing to give my own life against unbeatable odds for others).
Does that make me equal to your "Jesus"?
I fail to see that as a "special" quality...even if it were true(something you may be asked to also prove happened).
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

i did not say who wrote religion books..no..
people believe so ever..
why you accuse me who wrote books
now
why i am wrong
Who turn everybody against everybody?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth?
Prove your deity exists.
YOU prove that HE doesn't!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying, the reason for the ill's of people and society is that religion is the "creator" of them,
Do you suppose the popes were "well" when they ordered the burning of other humans at the stake as heretics and witches?

Do you suppose a Muslim is "well" when he straps a bomb to his body ... blowing his self and others sky high in the belief that he will be rewarded with bliss and 72 virgins?

Wake up ... or not ... it's your choice.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we can, and the reason is that JESUS is the Truth.
John 14:6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and THE TRUTH and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Black Thunder, when Someone loves you so much that He was willing to suffer and die for you, it's only a problem "handling" that when your pride gets in the way. Speaking for myself, I have a joy--JOY, I said, not just happiness--that I never used to have before I finally realized that although I could never be good enough to EARN salvation, that I don't HAVE to earn it either :)
Jesus bought salvation for me with His own body and blood. My place in heaven is reserved for me, thanks to Him and NOT to any efforts on my part. The good things I do now, and try to do now, are NOT to repay Him (because I never can), but because I LOVE Him, blessed be His name :)
Well said :) and God bless you

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Because universities were started by the Church in Medieval Europe, I suggest that you do not go to any doctors, lawyers, and teacher, that have degrees such as PhD, and MD after their names.
It must be terrible for you to know that theology conspired to educate people.
The popes held all the power, and they only educated people in religion.

Science back then had to align to religion, and in the Vatican it still is obliged to align to the pope's image of a god.

Theologians conspired to keep people in the dark ages, and that still is the case.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 16:19 [Jesus said]“There was a rich man who...lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table...
22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him,‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied,‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27 “He answered,‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29 “Abraham replied,‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said,‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31 “He said to him,‘IF THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO MOSES AND THE PROPHETS, THEY WILL NOT BE CONVINCED EVEN IF SOMEONE RISES FROM THE DEAD.’”
It's not for me to prove to you or anyone that God exists, even if I could. And I'm not about to be dumb enough to try, because your mind is not only closed to the possibility that God exists, it's padlocked shut against it.
No it is not...just the deity you and yours profess.
Your books are simply rhetoric in value. They hold no "proof".
It is no use posting scripture for that very reason.
Address the issue or don't reply.
I am not interested in worthless apologetics...I want facts, not nonsense.
The more rhetoric you provide , the more I must consider you a fool of your own making.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether there was outright selling of indulgences or not. Luther had no authority to implement Sola Scripture and Sola fide into Christianity. Those false doctrines did not come from Jesus Christ. Can't you see the fruits of Sola Scripture? Some of it is milder (Lutheranism) and some of it is extreme (Jehovah's and SDA). Everyone else is floating about in between, trying to figure out Christianity and oddly, all claiming to be led to Biblical truth by the Holy Spirit. That's called blasphemy in my opinion.
"The Papal nuncio at the [religious conference Diet of Worms, 1521]...drew up and proposed the denunciations of Luther that were embodied in the Edict of Worms...The Edict declared Luther to be an obstinate heretic...

"It was the culmination of an ongoing struggle between Martin Luther and the Catholic Church over reform, especially in practice of donations for indulgences. However, there were other deeper issues that revolved around both theological concerns:

On a theological level, Luther had challenged the absolute authority of the Pope over the Church by maintaining that the doctrine of indulgences, as authorized and taught by the Pope, was wrong.

Luther maintained that salvation was BY FAITH ALONE (sola fide) without reference to good works, alms, penance, or the Church's sacraments. Luther maintained that the sacraments were a "means of grace," meaning that while grace was imparted through the Sacraments, the credit for the action belonged to God and not to the individual.

He had also challenged the authority of the Church by maintaining that all doctrines and dogmata of the Church not found in Scripture should be discarded (sola scriptura)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_of_Worms

I don't believe Luther "IMPLEMENTED" sola Scriptura, in the sense that he decided "Hey, this is a good rule to follow." He did, however, at the Diet of Worms (1521) and at the risk of his life, refuse to recant his "heresy" by his famous statement [paraphrased] "Unless I can be convinced by Scripture and by plain reason, HERE I STAND. I can do no other."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, they are intentionally taught by their church to live in fear of a deity that will unmercifully punish them for eternity if they do not live by absolutely impossible standards set forth by this imagined deity....That is the definition of insanity...or at least, mental incompetence.
They are taught to fear evil, the devil and hell, and then they are taught that if they follow the rules set up for them by the theologians, they will be rewarded with salvation.

So fear comes first, and then to avoid the fear, they must never question the dogmas or they are taught that a god will punish them for showing doubt.

The church has them coming and going.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose the popes were "well" when they ordered the burning of other humans at the stake as heretics and witches?
Do you suppose a Muslim is "well" when he straps a bomb to his body ... blowing his self and others sky high in the belief that he will be rewarded with bliss and 72 virgins?
Wake up ... or not ... it's your choice.
Whatch it on the Muslim stuff June.
Those people get mad quick.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said :) and God bless you
Thank you :) I meant every word. And God bless you, too. It was worth popping in here just to meet you :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb question. EVIL is not from God at all. It's from the devil and from the sinful human heart.
I see you're still not answering MY question to you. Chicken :)
Do tell us all...WHO "created" everything(including evil)(according to your scripture)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
People do awful things in God's name..But that does not mean He approves.
June
You live to mock and challenge God. But what ate you going to say when you meet Him.
Again I ask what if we are right..
Where will you be when you are wrong?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mary had said, "Professor", then you would say she meant he was a Professor of Judaism.
NO I wouldn't. The word Rabboni is from Judaism ... NOT Catholicism.

You know it, I know it and every other person with any common sense knows it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

rabboni (ræ&#712;b&#601;&# 650;na&#618;; ræ&#712;b&#601;&#6 50;n&#618;)

Definitions

noun

(Judaism) a respectful Jewish title or form of address (usually given to a rabbi) meaning master

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/e...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with two pwople loving each other.
There is something wrong with your deflection in regard to the statement though.
You are being dishonest.
Prove your deity exists or don't make claims in it's behalf as though they are true.
I've already answered your previous "Prove God exists" and I'm not going to do it again. Nor am I obligated to obey YOU in any sense whatsoever: I am not your employee or your child, and definitely NOT your inferior in any way whatsoever. As for "claims," I can and will relate from my own experiences and/or cite from the Bible at any time, anywhere I wish, including on this thread.

Trying to browbeat me never works, buster. There's a whole bunch of people offline as well as on, who could tell you that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not only handle it!! I know it!, Live it! and embrace it! EVERY DAY in my personal relationship to Jesus Christ, at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist-Jesus' own true body and blood--(IN AND THROUGH) Our Lords (historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church!
Jesus used the word TRUTH!..... Herod's wife knew what Christ was talking about!........ Herod didn't!! You are, no doubt, just as lost and confused as he Herod is!!!
AGAIN. You are confusing rhetoric with truth--or are to ignorant to know the difference.
All your rhetoric about ancient historical characters is worthless apologetics, and circular reasoning, obviously indoctrinated by your religious organization.
Try to relate to posts with realistic reason for as change will you?
You are sounding more and more "brainwashed" and ignorant as you continue.

Prove your deity exists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 min Maverick 8,150
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••