Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653509 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#452981 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
To those that call themselves Christians here. If you are one of those that still ,think the sin in the garden of Eden was the eating of forbidden fruit then your knowledge HAS NOT been increased as we were told that it would be in the last days. In the last 50 years or so there has been things revealed that for quite a few centuries the church has been dead wrong on and the belief that Adam and Eve was driven out of Eden for eating forbidden fruit is one of the greatest errors the church has been teaching.
But as I stated earlier God does not intend that ALL be able to receive these deeper last day revelations. Your ignorance believe it or not is gonna end up being your salvation so to speak.
You don't sound like a Mormon. Jehovah's Witness, Moonie or just plain nuts?

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#452982 Jun 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Even Christ cannot prove anything to those whose eyes has not been opened to receive the deeper truths of His word so if their eyes are closed to certain things then I can talk till I'm blue in the face but till God opens their eyes no one can prove it to them.
You claim in one post that you don't believe in religion ... and then you rattle on about Jesus and god as though you do believe in religion.

It's difficult to comprehend from one post to the next WHAT you believe.

Location hidden

#452983 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it that your deity created such an imperfect and rebellious entity---being the "perfect deity and creator".
That was his first failure in "creation".
Doesn't seem to be a perfect deity to me.
You have shown yourself to be an rude, arrogant jerk. I have nothing further to say to you.

Williams Lake, Canada

#452984 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one has died for my God. No one has been tortured for my God."
Too bad. I guess your God isn't worth caring about. MINE is, however.
YEAH ... your god really cared about his son enough to send him to earth to be murdered by traitors to Judaism.

Silly stuff in deed.

Williams Lake, Canada

#452985 Jun 16, 2013
None of the Christians want to answer my question and it's plain why.

They want to feign humility by pretending to not know who will be saved, but at the same time, they want to put forth the idea that only they and their group of believers are favored by the one god.

I'll try again.

Do you believe from your perspective that the one god favors Jews, Muslims, Catholics or Protestants?

Surely that's a simple question to answer.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#452986 Jun 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less as to whether you or anyone else accepts Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church or not! It's your choice!! Jesus said: you are either for me or against me!! There is nothing in between! If you choose to live in your vindictive (anti-God anti-Church) "isolated world of atheism or agnosticism" hate then so-be-it!!We as Christians are well aware of the history of persecution by such people. The Early Christians suffered persecution, torturing, burning at the stake, beheadings, etc. by atheistic and agnostic emperors such as Nero,(64) Domitian,(95) Trajan,(112) Hadrian,(125)Severus,(202) Decius (250) and on and on! The fact remains that we as Catholics "know and adhere to the TRUTH" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that God (Our Father) has revealed to His followers over 2000 years ago.
I/we as Catholics on this forum, as well as the other 1.169 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to worship God Our Father and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, each and every day at Daily Mass, despite those who are out to "undermine and destroy the Catholic/Christian faith and the Church.
You do care...that is why you feel the need to post that your church is the ONE TRUE HOLY AND CATHOLIC APOSTLIC church....THE TRUE CHURCH WHICH CHRIST FOUNDED....BUT YOUR NOT!!!! NO NEVER NADA....dOES 1054 RING A BELL...

Williams Lake, Canada

#452987 Jun 16, 2013
I'll answer the question myself.

If the one god exists, he favors the Jews ... period!!!

If he doesn't favor only the Jews ... he is fickle, and nobody DARE trust a fickle god ... especially one that created good AND EVIL.

:)

Location hidden

#452988 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You care about your salvation, and you gloat that others will not attain salvation.
That is the nature of your religion.
You are very incorrect.I never gloat about someone elses salvation because I leave it up to God.I care about them. And yes, I care about MY salvation.You know nothing about my faith. A TRUE CHRISTIAN will not judge another faith but leave it in the hands of God.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452989 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You have shown yourself to be an rude, arrogant jerk. I have nothing further to say to you.
Asking for "truth" is rude and being a jerk?
It appears you can not face reality, so you will call me rude for asking for truth and actuality.
Your name calling only shows your own inability to provide correct direct answers, and the fact that you would rather stoop to name calling to avoid that answer.
We all know why you have "nothing further to say to you". LOL!
Thank you for proving the deity you worship doesn't even exist.
Adam Hines

Maggie Valley, NC

#452990 Jun 16, 2013
Wow. Just 400 posts to be third place all time on Topix!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452991 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Tony17" Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
And do you really consider yourself a teacher of Gods word? Really?
Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
You certainly should, if you are going to use that to prove a point.
KM
<quoted text>
Six times? Strange? Not according to the Bible.
Apparently you are declaring yourself to be a teacher of the Bible. If so, answer this question. Did Jesus resist Satan as a man or as God?
As a man. Christ temporarily gave up His position as a God when He became flesh. Was that supposed to be a trick question,LOL? Let me explain something to you. One that seeks to serve the Lord should be wiser than the serpent. I can't believe you asked that question,lol.

Location hidden

#452992 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well still, you WILL get there on your pony to heaven ... won't you ... and you believe that if I don't join your cult to believe as do you. I'll be sure to go to hell?
You feign humility while being arrogant in the attitude that a god simply can't resist your charm.n
You think you have the answers to everyones post.Wrong...I never think for one moment that I Will get to Heaven.I pray that I will and will find out when my time comes.Again...it is not up to me to judge whether you should pack your bikini or a parka. It is totally up to God.

Williams Lake, Canada

#452993 Jun 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are very incorrect.I never gloat about someone elses salvation because I leave it up to God.I care about them. And yes, I care about MY salvation.You know nothing about my faith. A TRUE CHRISTIAN will not judge another faith but leave it in the hands of God.
If you don't believe you are saved, that means your faith that you ARE saved is lacking.

You can't have it both ways.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452994 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, every Catholic knows that if they want their sins to be forgiven, they go through the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession). They do not seek an indulgence to have sins forgiven. That is not what an indulgence is for. That is basic Catholic knowledge.
Could be...but...it was not always that way:

In other words, indulgences functioned like "confession insurance" against eternal damnation because, if you purchased an indulgence, then you wouldn't go to hell if you died suddenly or forgot to confess something."

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452995 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't sound like a Mormon. Jehovah's Witness, Moonie or just plain nuts?
I'm just a nobody, telling everybody about somebody that can save anybody. He can even save you.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#452996 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ars you referring to really .
We said the apostles creed all the time in the luthren church that was 30+ years ago, i haven't said it since but agree with it and read it on this board probably ten times.

Williams Lake, Canada

#452997 Jun 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You do care...that is why you feel the need to post that your church is the ONE TRUE HOLY AND CATHOLIC APOSTLIC church....THE TRUE CHURCH WHICH CHRIST FOUNDED....BUT YOUR NOT!!!! NO NEVER NADA....dOES 1054 RING A BELL...
Concerning the one-god dogma, there never WAS a true "church." There were synagogues with rabbis officiating.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452998 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you have the wherewithal to understand the difference.
Just showing how stupid some of your answers are....

Location hidden

#452999 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you already ... but I will ask you again.
Do you believe from your perspective that the one god favors Jews, Muslims, Catholics or Protestants?

If you ignore my question again, I will be suspicious that you are ignoring it is for a reason.
I haven't ignored your question. This thread moves so fast I couldn't begin to keep up with it, and I can't possibly answer any & all of the posts I'd like to, not even of the ones specifically addressed to me.

Anyhow, I'll try to answer now, although I'm sure you won't hesitate to split hairs on the meaning of every syllable.

The Jews are now, as they always have been, the Lord's special people, set apart by Himself to be His people.

Exodus 19:5 "Out of all nations you will be My treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation."

But He gives the right to be His children to any & all people who call on Him as Lord and Savior.

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.

That's my perspective.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#453000 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Tony17" Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
And do you really consider yourself a teacher of Gods word? Really?
Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
You certainly should, if you are going to use that to prove a point.
KM
<quoted text>
Six times? Strange? Not according to the Bible.
Apparently you are declaring yourself to be a teacher of the Bible. If so, answer this question. Did Jesus resist Satan as a man or as God?
And are you aware that if a Christian invokes the name of Christ,it can make a devil impotent? Now that's power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 17 TerriB1 1
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web