Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654241 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#452941 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and your bible enlightening people to treat each other as equals?

Your religion teaches that we must all follow your beliefs or end up on the short end of the stick, in hell.

I have no use for such nonsense. Superstitious religion creates the disturbances on earth that it professes to CURE.
You're mistaken, as usual. My religion teaches that Jesus died that all might become God's children, sons and daughters of the King :)

John 3:16 [Jesus said] "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 18 Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of GodÂ’s one and only Son."

John 1:12 To all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.

Galatians 3:26 So IN CHRIST JESUS YOU ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD THROUGH FAITH, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS.
Anthony MN

United States

#452942 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you have to offer as rebuttal?
Shows you are inept.
Only with Oxbore and oldjg. I've followed those two clowns down too many rabbit holes. It's mind numbing. You're free to give it a whack.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#452943 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Catholic Bible has both the Old Testament and the New Testament; therefore, Abraham and Moses is part of our Catholic history." End quote.
Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history? Really? Neither of these men ever heard the words "Roman Catholic".
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?
Neither Moses nor Abraham ever heard of the word "Christian" as well.

Are you saying that Mary is NOT Jesus' mother? Are you saying that Christ broke the commandment that says "honor thy mother and thy father?"
Anthony MN

United States

#452944 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "My question; do TV evangelicals like Benny Hinn and so many others not participate in even worse behavior as their own private fortunes are from gullible poor fools?" End quote.
Which "church" does Benn Hinn represent? If he is a thief he is an independent thief not an organized thief as is the Roman Catholic church. Your cult has perfected the fleecing of it's flock and has fleeced you and many, many like you of a brain which should question the moral corruption right under your nose.
You being a "deacon" is a moral corruption. Glad they got you.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452945 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not.
You spew all this BS, and expect everyone and anyone to just accept it as fact. Then when it is called out, you deflect and stoop to the rhetoric you are spewing in this very post--because you can NOT back your BS up with any reasonable fact.
You asked for it
You had it coming.
...and you got it.
Now you are mad.
You only have yourself and your ineptness to be mad at.
You are full of BS!
LESSON= Don't make claims you can not back up!
You will be called on it!
Go argue with your other atheist or agnostic comrades! There is nothing to argue, nothing to debate, and nothing to discuss! I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with the biblical and historical TRUTH and our personal faith-hope and salvation in Jesus Christ, manifested in and through His One True, Catholic Church just exactly like the millions upon millions of other Catholic Christians who have gone before us, marked with the sign of faith from over 2000 years.... You can believe or (not believe) what you want!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452946 Jun 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less as to whether you or anyone else accepts Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church or not! It's your choice!! Jesus said: you are either for me or against me!! There is nothing in between! If you choose to live in your vindictive (anti-God anti-Church) "isolated world of atheism or agnosticism" hate then so-be-it!!We as Christians are well aware of the history of persecution by such people. The Early Christians suffered persecution, torturing, burning at the stake, beheadings, etc. by atheistic and agnostic emperors such as Nero,(64) Domitian,(95) Trajan,(112) Hadrian,(125)Severus,(202) Decius (250) and on and on! The fact remains that we as Catholics "know and adhere to the TRUTH" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that God (Our Father) has revealed to His followers over 2000 years ago.
I/we as Catholics on this forum, as well as the other 1.169 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to worship God Our Father and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, each and every day at Daily Mass, despite those who are out to "undermine and destroy the Catholic/Christian faith and the Church.
I don't care for your rhetoric.
When you give cause to me to correct an obvious inaccuracy or outright lie, it will happen...so be prepared.
If you can't back up your rhetoric, don't spew it.

Simple as that.

Location hidden

#452947 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not pagan. It is biblical. Christ DID give His Apostles the authority to forgive or retain sins (John 20:23). God forgives the sins using people as His instruments. In the same way, God uses people to continue the ministry of Christ. The ministry of Christ did not stop at the death of the Apostles.
You are deflecting. Typical behavior.

Location hidden

#452948 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Only with Oxbore and oldjg. I've followed those two clowns down too many rabbit holes. It's mind numbing. You're free to give it a whack.
No. I have to agree with you on this...I understand(believe it or not)...

Location hidden

#452949 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It just comes natural to me.
We can't all post nice sentiments to others as do you.
:)
Hmmm...well, June, we may finally have found something we agree on :)

Peace.

Location hidden

#452950 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Point is, if the church did not excommunicate those selling it, they "condoned" it...it "profited" the church...who would naturally seek a scapegoat when exposed.
Martin Luther was correct in pointing out those priests who illegally sold indulgences. However, he had a choice. He could have remained Catholic and correct those abuses happening in his own country instead of creating another church of his own. He chose to create another church of his own. Anyone who goes against the teachings of the Catholic Church has already put themselves outside the Roman Catholic Church.

However, thanks to Martin Luther, he was the one who put the abuses to light so that the Catholic Church can reform herself. The members of the Roman Catholic Church are not perfect. In fact, no one is perfect...not even those of the Protestant churches. Today, the selling of indulgences is still illegal. That has not changed.

Location hidden

#452951 Jun 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Go argue with your other atheist or agnostic comrades! There is nothing to argue, nothing to debate, and nothing to discuss! I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with the biblical and historical TRUTH and our personal faith-hope and salvation in Jesus Christ, manifested in and through His One True, Catholic Church just exactly like the millions upon millions of other Catholic Christians who have gone before us, marked with the sign of faith from over 2000 years.... You can believe or (not believe) what you want!!
Typical response from one who has nothing to rebut.
I should have expected it.
You have nothing...except fantasy and worthless rhetoric when it comes to honestly answering direct questions.
I can't blame you for not answering when you have nothing...but at least you could be honest and say so...you diatribes only prove your ineptness.

Location hidden

#452952 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deflecting. Typical behavior.
How so? It is true that Christ gave His Apostles the authority to forgive and retain sins. It is also biblical to find indulgences in the Bible....at least the Catholic Bible because it consist of 7 more books than the Protestant Bible. The Protestant Bible, which was written in the 16 century took out those 7 books along with parts of Daniel and Esther.

The Catholics have been in existance since the first century and have been practicing indulgences along with the Apostles since the first century. In fact, we got the indulgences from the Jewish people. The Roman Catholic still retains much of her Jewish roots and heritage. This is evidence showing that we are truly the true Church that Christ built more than 2000 years ago. We are an apostolic Church because our Church was founded by Jesus Christ through the Apostle Peter. Protestant churches, on the other hand, were founded by men of the 16th century and so on.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452953 Jun 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Tony17" Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
And do you really consider yourself a teacher of Gods word? Really?
Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
You certainly should, if you are going to use that to prove a point.
KM
My point has already been proven. Did you not spiritually receive what God wanted you to get from the lesson?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452954 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Catholic Bible has both the Old Testament and the New Testament; therefore, Abraham and Moses is part of our Catholic history." End quote.
Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history? Really? Neither of these men ever heard the words "Roman Catholic".
You said, quote, "We only give respect and honor to Mary because Jesus gave respect and honor to His mother.....and Jesus is the person we imitate and follow." End quote.
In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Moses nor Abraham ever heard of the word "Christian" as well.
Are you saying that Mary is NOT Jesus' mother? Are you saying that Christ broke the commandment that says "honor thy mother and thy father?"
Your quote, "Abraham and Moses is part of our Roman Catholic history." End quote.

My response, "Abraham and Moses are part of your Roman Catholic history?"

Your response, "Neither Moses nor Abraham ever heard of the word "Christian" as well." End.

Brilliant. Totally brilliant! HA HA!!!!

So, answer the question. Were Abraham and Moses Roman Catholic's?

My response, "In what verse of the Bible does Jesus call Mary "mother"?" End

Your response, "Are you saying that Mary is NOT Jesus' mother? Are you saying that Christ broke the commandment that says "honor thy mother and thy father?"

Is your brain fully functional? Apparently not!

Location hidden

#452955 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther was correct in pointing out those priests who illegally sold indulgences. However, he had a choice. He could have remained Catholic and correct those abuses happening in his own country instead of creating another church of his own. He chose to create another church of his own. Anyone who goes against the teachings of the Catholic Church has already put themselves outside the Roman Catholic Church.
However, thanks to Martin Luther, he was the one who put the abuses to light so that the Catholic Church can reform herself. The members of the Roman Catholic Church are not perfect. In fact, no one is perfect...not even those of the Protestant churches. Today, the selling of indulgences is still illegal. That has not changed.
LOL!
I never considered any of it "legal" in the first place. I could care less about the semantics of the church...until someone pushes it in another's face. Then it becomes an issue to defame another.
That then becomes intolerable.

Location hidden

#452956 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? It is true that Christ gave His Apostles the authority to forgive and retain sins. It is also biblical to find indulgences in the Bible....at least the Catholic Bible because it consist of 7 more books than the Protestant Bible. The Protestant Bible, which was written in the 16 century took out those 7 books along with parts of Daniel and Esther.
The Catholics have been in existance since the first century and have been practicing indulgences along with the Apostles since the first century. In fact, we got the indulgences from the Jewish people. The Roman Catholic still retains much of her Jewish roots and heritage. This is evidence showing that we are truly the true Church that Christ built more than 2000 years ago. We are an apostolic Church because our Church was founded by Jesus Christ through the Apostle Peter. Protestant churches, on the other hand, were founded by men of the 16th century and so on.
Exactly what does this have to do with the original post?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452957 Jun 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Tony17" I expected as much from you. What else does one expect from someone that is such a juvenile deliquent when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE W0RD OF TRUTH,that they still think that God drove Adam and Eve from the garden because they ate the wrong produce.
And why do YOU say that they were driven from the garden?
KM
The scriptures tells us why they were driven from the garden. Have you not read what is written in the scriptures? It was not because they ate the wrong produce as the fairy tale that most olf Christianity has been believing.

We are told that in the last days that knowledge would increase and this knowledge of wha really happened in the garden was just revealed to certain of Gods servants withion the last 50 years or so and the sin in Eden was not the eating of some forbidden fruit. What occured in Eden was much more sinister than that.

Don't sweat it though because God does not intend that everyone really know what really happened but certain ones that He has elected to know the truth is Heopening up these revbelations to.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#452958 Jun 16, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the Catholics do that? Can you give an example. You used the word "Rabboni". Are you saying that the word Rabboni was changed into something else?
If you read the article I posted, it states in it that the meanings of the words were changed.

I'm indicating that "within the theology itself" when Jesus reappeared Mary honored him with the title of Rabboni, which meant none other than he was a Jewish Rabbi before and after he died ... which would mean he was not a traitor to Judaism and did not promote that any new religion was necessary.

However, I don't believe any of those myths ... Christian or otherwise. I believe it was all superstitious hocus-pocus.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#452959 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that Catholic authors changed anything in the Old Testament?
They didn't change the old testament. They supposedly took words from the old testament, changed the meanings and added the new meanings to their new testament.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452960 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Typical response from one who has nothing to rebut.
I should have expected it.
You have nothing...except fantasy and worthless rhetoric when it comes to honestly answering direct questions.
I can't blame you for not answering when you have nothing...but at least you could be honest and say so...you diatribes only prove your ineptness.
I've dealt with hardcore atheist and agnostics like you, before, and discussion and debate are a "total waste of time"! You want answers??? Begin with humility and trustful surrender to the "Divine Providence"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web