Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,404
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#452653 Jun 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any god allow for a bad vicar in the first place?
Or a second bad vicar??? Or a third?
It seems that one bad "God's vicar on earth" -- yet alone many bad ones -- would be proof that no god is appointing these dudes.
Sure, anyone can hire a bad manager every once in awhile. But a God? That wouldn't be faithful to its own creation, right?
there is a season to everything under the sun, the Catholic's time is almost over.
No one mocks God, not even the catholic church, no matter how big They think they are; God is bigger.
We know from history the catholic church is not from God, it is a man made institution to in slave men with fear.
They have butchered, raped, stole, tortured their way across Europe. Does that sound like a PURE HOLY CHURCH with out blemish .
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT GOD IS COMING FOR.
THAT PRAY TO IDOLS DEAD PEOPLE AND HAVE MARY AS THEIR GODDESS.
MAKING HER A QUEEN OF HEAVEN SITTING IN THE PLACE THAT IS FOR GOD ALONE.
THEY HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER FOR, MORE THEN HALF OF THE PRIEST AND ALL THE POPE SHOULD BE IN JAIL, FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY ,
BUT FEAR NOT GOD WILL NOT BE MOCK, AND IT IS HIM THEY ARE GOING TO ANSWER TO.
WE ARE NOT TO DELIGHT IN THIS, BUT PRAY THAT THEY WILL BE TURNED, BACK TO GOD.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452654 Jun 16, 2013
Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In 1958 Judge Leon M. Bazile of Virginia ordered an interracial couple, Richard and Mildred Loving, to leave the state for twenty-five years as punishment for violating Virginia’s anti-miscegenation law, a sentence subsequently upheld by the Virginia State Supreme Court.“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and He placed them on separate continents,” Judge Bazile later explained,“and but for the interference with His arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages.”

Prince George, Canada

#452655 Jun 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In the garden and on the New Earth it was and will be as God intended.
But nit now. So we have grapple trees and grapple like people
If your god exists and created the grapple tree, your god deserves to be hooked in his own grapple tree.

But my guess is ... no creator exists to be so cruel.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#452656 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'll tell you what. So certain am I that no creator exists, I will dare the supposed creator to strike me dead this minute.
So if I am posting in five minutes from now, you will know that I called that supposed creator's BLUFF and nothing happened.
You people live in fear of shadows and ghosts and other evil superstitious nonsense.
You haven't left the dark ages ... not one iota.
May God lift the anger from your soul and fill it with love.

Prince George, Canada

#452657 Jun 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No one mocks God,
REALLY! I just dared the supposed god to strike me dead.

That was not done to be arrogant on my part. It was done because I have such faith that no creator exists TO strike me dead.

A perfect creator would not allow suffering, much less be in favor of it. Perfection has no place in its realm for imperfection.

Use your common sense for goodness sake!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#452658 Jun 16, 2013
Happy Father's Day to every Father here!!! And for those that are not father's....Have a Happy Beautiful Day!!!

Prince George, Canada

#452659 Jun 16, 2013
How silly is the concept that a perfect creator would be ABLE to create a realm of imperfection?

It would not BE possible, as the creator would have no one to blame but self.

Prince George, Canada

#452660 Jun 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>May God lift the anger from your soul and fill it with love.
If what you have is love, please don't wish that blight upon me.

That you would sell your thought-process so cheap for an empty shallow promise of salvation is nothing for which you should brag.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452661 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This bragging about your pile of spaghetti is really starting to frustrate me.
For one thing, you are ignoring that class A modern Pagan goddess, who loves everybody.
AND you are ignoring how the latest Jesus-newcomer preaches that there is no hell or devil or evil and that the god of the bible loves everybody without any glitches whatsoever.
Now, I suggest you stop fibbing and start flying right.
By the way are you one of those male theologians that looks down on women???
Why is your spaghetti god male rather than bi-sexual??? For a change I demand equal treatment from the sky.
:)
Just curious, which Class A Modern Goddess am I ignoring?

Yes, my God has bigger balls than any other God in history, but the balls are not what you think they are for.

In fact, my God is not only bi-sexual, he/she is tri-sexual.

I only point this out because many gods here seem obsessed with what others do in the bedroom.

Not my God. My God is fully male, female, and eunuch -- except nowhere does my God tell males to cut their dingy off, like that Jesus god!

Relax June, she was boiled for you.

Prince George, Canada

#452662 Jun 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>May God lift the anger from your soul and fill it with love.
How sanctimonious you are with your haughty attitude that YOU are loved by a god, and others are not.

I don't want another homosexual taking his/her life because some stupid preacher grabbed a bible and preached that homosexuals will go to hell for having sexual contact with each other.

I refer to my care of homosexuals as the closest emotion I can have to love.

How about YOU???

Do you use words in your bible to believe that homosexuals will go to hell, while you on your high horse go to heaven???

You can take your buy-bull and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#452663 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Members of the clergy were selling indulgences in times past.
And we'll read this. Unfortunately non everyone agrees on the Inquisition
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...
Even Pope John Paul took a limited guilt on the Church. For it
Again, the Church never taught selling indulgences or torture of the Jews. Those things were done by bad guys contrary to Church teachings.

Bl. John Paul II apologized for those bad guys.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#452664 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would any god allow for a bad vicar in the first place?
Or a second bad vicar??? Or a third?
It seems that one bad "God's vicar on earth" -- yet alone many bad ones -- would be proof that no god is appointing these dudes.
Sure, anyone can hire a bad manager every once in awhile. But a God? That wouldn't be faithful to its own creation, right?
Why? Maybe your spaghetti monster knows.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452665 Jun 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a season to everything under the sun, the Catholic's time is almost over.
No one mocks God, not even the catholic church, no matter how big They think they are; God is bigger.
We know from history the catholic church is not from God, it is a man made institution to in slave men with fear.
They have butchered, raped, stole, tortured their way across Europe. Does that sound like a PURE HOLY CHURCH with out blemish .
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT GOD IS COMING FOR.
THAT PRAY TO IDOLS DEAD PEOPLE AND HAVE MARY AS THEIR GODDESS.
MAKING HER A QUEEN OF HEAVEN SITTING IN THE PLACE THAT IS FOR GOD ALONE.
THEY HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER FOR, MORE THEN HALF OF THE PRIEST AND ALL THE POPE SHOULD BE IN JAIL, FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY ,
BUT FEAR NOT GOD WILL NOT BE MOCK, AND IT IS HIM THEY ARE GOING TO ANSWER TO.
WE ARE NOT TO DELIGHT IN THIS, BUT PRAY THAT THEY WILL BE TURNED, BACK TO GOD.
I agree.

So why do you read the Bible produced by such evil characters?

OK, even their Catholic Bibles say "brothers" and "sisters" instead of "cousins," so at least they respect God enough not to change that fact.

Maybe they can be reformed?

Prince George, Canada

#452666 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
In fact, my God is not only bi-sexual, he/she is tri-sexual.
Relax June, she was boiled for you.
Well now, I must eat some crow and admit that I didn't know your god was tri-sexual in nature.

But you see, the idea of the grapple tree killing innocent animals still "haunts" me, and won't give me peace of mind about the issue that your god has something to learn about love before he expects us to learn the meaning of that word.

:)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#452667 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the reformers or all ministers were perfect.
And the Church of England which was actually nit a Reform church burned bibles also.
They were. Catholic in belief. Just had the king instead of the pope
This persecution from Rome and England. Moved the early settlers to our shores.
The persecution was also coming from the reformer's sects. Your point can't stand Rose.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452668 Jun 16, 2013
Notice Jesus' myopia!!!!!!!!

If you think about Jesus, you realize that his biggest problem is an incredible case of myopia. We can see this myopia quite clearly as we look back at Jesus' time on earth.

The obvious question that any intelligent person is forced to ask is this:

If Jesus is God, then why didn't Jesus use his omniscience and omnipotence to actually do something magnificent and beautiful on earth rather than squandering his "power" as he does in the Bible?

Think about all the problems that Jesus could have solved. At the very least, Jesus could have transcribed passages into the Bible that would have ended sexism, racism and slavery forever.

As the simplest example, think of all of the suffering that slavery has caused. Yet Jesus did nothing of the sort. Instead, Jesus endorsed slavery.

At a larger level, if Jesus were God, he could have performed so many real miracles. He could have, for example, eliminated smallpox and a host of other diseases that science is busy eliminating today. Jesus could have given the people of Israel the knowledge that they would need to start a technological society and raise themselves above the primitive living conditions of the day.

The argument could be made that Jesus did try to solve poverty when he said that you should sell everything you own and give it to the poor.

However, in saying this, Jesus showed a complete misunderstanding of human nature. Do you know of any Christians who have sold all their possessions and given the money to the poor? Since the earliest church fathers, there have been very few.

Instead, Jesus could have taught mankind to effectively share wealth so that the immense problem of global poverty that we see today would have been solved long ago.

Most importantly, Jesus could have made his message so clear, and the proof of his godliness so obvious, that all 7 billion people on the planet would have aligned with him, rather than fragmenting into dozens of bizarre and often warring religions.

By doing this, Jesus could have completely prevented the Crusades and 9/11, among many other things.

Instead, he did none of this.

To any rational person, these problems make it painfully obvious that Jesus was a normal human being. The fact that Jesus was a normal human being renders the entire New Testament of the Bible meaningless, and in the process shows us that the God of the Bible is completely imaginary.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#452669 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'll tell you what. So certain am I that no creator exists, I will dare the supposed creator to strike me dead this minute.
So if I am posting in five minutes from now, you will know that I called that supposed creator's BLUFF and nothing happened.
You people live in fear of shadows and ghosts and other evil superstitious nonsense.
You haven't left the dark ages ... not one iota.
I will take that stand with you also...
marge

Ames, IA

#452670 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the Church never taught selling indulgences or torture of the Jews. Those things were done by bad guys contrary to Church teachings.
Bl. John Paul II apologized for those bad guys.
Today the people know the Lord and would prompty show the bad guys with unsound doctrine the door.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452671 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Maybe your spaghetti monster knows.
Yes, the FSM does know. The answer is simple.

No true god would knowingly appoint a bad vicar, yet alone several bad ones.

Thus, your god doesn't know so much after all.

Thus by classical reasoning, the CC's claim has been proven wrong.

The claim doesn't fit the reality.

It's all self-serving, but clearly imaginary.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452672 Jun 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>we woul;d be morons if we believe you about anything.
you tell us that you are a deacon and you belong to the SBC, and ywet we know the SBC would NEVE allow a divorced man to hold that officee.
you continue to show your senility by insisting that John, the Beloved Aposlte LIED when he call Jesus God.
I dont know what you are doing but what it is is WRONG.
You are a liar....show me where I even hinted that I am a deacon....

Are you also calling the Catholic pope a liar:

From the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 42 min swedenforever 84,033
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 1 hr Old Pom 20
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,174
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Thu Rockstar 14
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web