Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,793
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Gut Annihilator

Asheville, NC

#452594 Jun 16, 2013
truth wrote:
You serving evil upon evil..defending wrongdoing with evil ..proclaim righteousness with evil and so on..evil is always evil there who ever set up not righteousness are not going sustain future life.
Its from beginning liar.
Learn this word in English: Help.
Then find the nearest psychiatric center, go inside, and start yelling "help" as loud as you can.
Good luck.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#452595 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuts can sprout anywhere.
NONE OF the Baptist Congregations will have a thing to do with this creep.
Any MAN IF GOD in any denomination who leads His flock down the wring path will wind up with a millstone around his neck.
This includes,wrong minded unfaithful ministers..priests and yes Popes like BORGIA.
when we put our faith blindly in MAN and his preaching ignoring the bible we are doomed. Unfortunately the believers in Borgias time had no bibles.
The ones who believed indulgences can be bought were sadly deluded.
EACH branch if Faith has had unfaithful men leading them astray.
We can admit it ..you all cannot .And therein lies the difference.
Luckily the WORD if God has survived despite wrong men and persecution and efforts to suppress it..thank GOD
Bad popes don't create doctrine. They can't.

Bad protestant preachers do. They pick up a bible and say "God says... ".

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#452596 Jun 16, 2013
truth wrote:
Did followers of discipline Where Jesus Christ is head need tell you..ones for ever Jesus show his discipline how Holy Spirit will rest upon them.Catholic as well Christian believe it is as it is.
Yes
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#452597 Jun 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Let's try to avoid generalizing. Specifically, where have you been scolded for your acceptance of the bible's authenticity? Which precepts do we claim are more important than the bible?
Our rejection of the unbiblical doctrine of sola scriptura does not mean we have a low opinion of it. I would suggest the idea that anyone who picks up a bible (what we call Sacred Scripture) has the authority to privately judge it's meaning makes a mockery of scripture.
Sola Scripture is NOT unbiblical. It does not give anyone the 'right' to interpret it according to his 'opinions'. Sola Scripture means that any principle that the church (or individual) teaches MUST AGREE with what is written in the Word.
No doubt that some of the ancients taught things that DID agree with the Word. We have many writers who write things that are not copies of Bible verses...and many of them are right, and encourage the believers. But many of them are wrong, and their word must be tested by what is written.
You would have to check out the 'scoldings'; I don't keep a record of them. I've been called a liar several times when I reported thing that I saw with my own eyes.
"I pray that they all may be one, Father...even as You and I are One".
KayMarie
"Sola Scripture means that any principle that the church (or individual) teaches MUST AGREE with what is written in the Word."

Who has the authority to decide if it agrees?

C'mon now Kay, you made the accusation, all I ask is that you back it up with something..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#452598 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad popes don't create doctrine. They can't.
Bad protestant preachers do. They pick up a bible and say "God says... ".
So bad popes have no effect on their flock at all spiritually???

And the rest of the clergy in A corrupt reign is pure and does nothing against God.

How we're indulgences sold.

How we're some clergy of the mindset that. Torturing Jews ..trying to make them believe in Jesus was a good thing.

The Church was totally enmeshed with the secular Kingdoms that were doing this.
Anthony MN

United States

#452599 Jun 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And:
Scripture alone (from the Reformation slogan Sola Scriptura) is the teaching that Scripture is the Church's only infallible and sufficient rule for deciding issues of faith and practices that involve doctrines.
While the Bible does not contain all knowledge, it does contain that which is necessary for salvation.
Indeed, if something is not found in Scripture, it is not binding upon the believer. This view does not deny that the Church has the authority to teach God's Word.
Furthermore, while tradition is valuable, it but must be tested by the higher authority of the Scriptures.
Example: The Bible says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
The Catholic "tradition" says....no...that is wrong...all does not mean "all"...it means "all except Mary!!!
"Scripture alone (from the Reformation slogan Sola Scriptura) is the teaching that Scripture is the Church's only infallible and sufficient rule for deciding issues of faith and practices that involve doctrines. "

Except scripture doesn't SAY it's the only infallible and sufficient rule.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#452600 Jun 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where might we find the verse Paul tells us "tradition" is profitable? Where might we find the verse Paul tells us anything other than Scripture is profitable?
http://scripturecatholic.com/oral_tradition.h...
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452601 Jun 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You should take your own advise...the word catholic means universal.Not the Catholic was universal....twisting the truth is never a good idea.3086
Roamin Catholics get to make up whatever they want.

They are the perfect church. All others are defectiv, or worse.

Just look at history.

Oops, never mind.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452602 Jun 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not taking this issue as serious as I would have hoped.
I can't face spaghetti and tomato sauce without thinking I am devouring the brains and the blood of the spaghetti monster.
I thought you would be more empathetic to my needs, but it's plain that I was wrong.
:)
I see your point. I'm sorry. I need to be more sensitive to other's delusional needs, so I'll explain.

The FSM only enters the meatball when you stick a fork into it and a cross-dressing pirate somewhere says the magic words while raising the meatball -- proclaiming "this is my brain, this is my blood, seasoned to perfection. Amen."

Hope that helps.

Do this and you'll go to Heaven. If you fail to follow these rules -- you end up at Olive Garden for all eternity.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452603 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramen!
Ramen
Anthony MN

United States

#452604 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So bad popes have no effect on their flock at all spiritually???
And the rest of the clergy in A corrupt reign is pure and does nothing against God.
How we're indulgences sold.
How we're some clergy of the mindset that. Torturing Jews ..trying to make them believe in Jesus was a good thing.
The Church was totally enmeshed with the secular Kingdoms that were doing this.
Bad popes can have an effect on the faithful, he just can't change doctrine. He doesn't have the authority. The Church never taught the selling of indulgences or the torture of Jews.

The bad protestant minister picks up a bible, says "God says ....." and his flock follows.

Also, the reformers were enmeshed in secular kingdoms as well.
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452605 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bethlehem???was a village of shepherds.
They raised lambs most likely to be used in the temple.
They were of little concern to Romans or Herod until he heard ..since he was nit really a Jew..a poo prophecy about the Messiah and mire he heard from the wise men that a,New king was born.
I think it was likely that this happened a while after the birth ..Imo
It's actuality celebrated on a different day ..But her or was an animal and crazy. Killed 2 of his sons to protect his throne..He saw a king as a threat same as his own children.
To be clear, you say 3 wise men heard about a god-man being born and traveled great distances to honor the new child-god.

But no one else in the region was impressed enough to write about this event until about 100 years later?

In fact, this man-god walked the earth for 32 years, but we only have hearsay accounts of two.

And when Herod tried to have this god killed off, no one wrote about that event either, except in one Gospel many decades later.

That's the definition of myth.

It's so silly that 2000 years later, the vast majority of believers have to have that drilled into their heads from early childhood.

If you don't believe this nonsense, then you will be tortured for all eternity, so why take a chance.??????

Nope. That would be a psycho-god. I don't believe in psycho-gods.

I believe in the only true God -- the only God for whom no soul has been killed or tortured. That's proof of my God.

Come to the light. He was boiled for you.

Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452606 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad popes can have an effect on the faithful, he just can't change doctrine. He doesn't have the authority. The Church never taught the selling of indulgences or the torture of Jews.
The bad protestant minister picks up a bible, says "God says ....." and his flock follows.
Why would any god allow for a bad vicar in the first place?

Or a second bad vicar??? Or a third?

It seems that one bad "God's vicar on earth" -- yet alone many bad ones -- would be proof that no god is appointing these dudes.

Sure, anyone can hire a bad manager every once in awhile. But a God? That wouldn't be faithful to its own creation, right?

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#452607 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Members of the clergy were selling indulgences in times past.

And we'll read this. Unfortunately non everyone agrees on the Inquisition
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

Even Pope John Paul took a limited guilt on the Church. For it
truth

Perth, Australia

#452608 Jun 16, 2013
Thanks Gut!
Are you for sure God is Englishman?
Yes I think I can wrote on English!
Don't force me about that!

Please tell me about help!
O well our lovely police ne-volice can give some drug friend ..o don't worry judge of them will cover up everything.
Are you for sure Marihuana not going to be sell publicly just under order of background who can and who can't?
Please tell me why I am wrong?
truth

Perth, Australia

#452609 Jun 16, 2013
Did Jew in America as other country who is been on power take care about Laos 15 millions victim..if not please tell me why not.
Don't tell church give order.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#452610 Jun 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the reformers or all ministers were perfect.

And the Church of England which was actually nit a Reform church burned bibles also.
They were. Catholic in belief. Just had the king instead of the pope

This persecution from Rome and England. Moved the early settlers to our shores.
Roberta G

United States

#452611 Jun 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
To be clear, you say 3 wise men heard about a god-man being born and traveled great distances to honor the new child-god.
But no one else in the region was impressed enough to write about this event until about 100 years later?
In fact, this man-god walked the earth for 32 years, but we only have hearsay accounts of two.
And when Herod tried to have this god killed off, no one wrote about that event either, except in one Gospel many decades later.
That's the definition of myth.
It's so silly that 2000 years later, the vast majority of believers have to have that drilled into their heads from early childhood.
If you don't believe this nonsense, then you will be tortured for all eternity, so why take a chance.??????
Nope. That would be a psycho-god. I don't believe in psycho-gods.
I believe in the only true God -- the only God for whom no soul has been killed or tortured. That's proof of my God.
Come to the light. He was boiled for you.
You are one sick puppy.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#452612 Jun 16, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick puppy.
To a non believer the things of God are. Foolishness

If the bible ..with it's long history were any other book

The secularists would shout. Look what we found ..a very old history..telling us things going back thousands of years.

Look at the craziness last year about a very small piece of a,Mayan wall..the wall belonged to a people so prescient they could tell the end of the world..But not their own extinction as a civilization.
And it was,only a piece eith writing on it..
Who knows what was on the rest of the wall.

Silly

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452613 Jun 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To a non believer the things of God are. Foolishness
If the bible ..with it's long history were any other book
The secularists would shout. Look what we found ..a very old history..telling us things going back thousands of years.
Look at the craziness last year about a very small piece of a,Mayan wall..the wall belonged to a people so prescient they could tell the end of the world..But not their own extinction as a civilization.
And it was,only a piece eith writing on it..
Who knows what was on the rest of the wall.
Silly
As history is told from human perspective, the stories concerning wars, et cetera are not totally dependable. But depending on history concerning religion, which in the first place is based on stories written by theologians concerning invisible characters and all their supposed antics and dialogues among each other, is ludicrous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Gee-Tee 8,537
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope 10 hr Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists 20 hr SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE