Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452541 Jun 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I love Ramen! lol
Me too lol
Roberta G

Chicago, IL

#452542 Jun 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They change their teaching to please as many of their members as possible. They do not tithe as the Bible teaches...so they do not want to "rock the boat"...members with deflated egos, hurt feelings do not give as much in the collection plate...
Now it is: I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
The Hebrews were COMMANDED to tithe, but I know of no verse TEACHING tithing to Christians. If you do, please cite it as I'd like to look it up.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452543 Jun 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>The Hebrews were COMMANDED to tithe, but I know of no verse TEACHING tithing to Christians. If you do, please cite it as I'd like to look it up.
Our church does not command tithe. But what we are led to give.

I think of tithing..giving to do Gids work..Nit only to the Church.

But long before the command yo tithe the priests..

Was Cain and Abel giving first fruits
Then Noah after the flood

Then Abraham giving tithe to Melchidesek

So there is precedence

In the early church they were communal and supported the disciples on their missions. and orphans and widows

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452544 Jun 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<Since WE could not find God through our own efforts, He would have to reveal Himself. And this He did through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, Who is God Incarnate.
It's as probably that all the savior gods and savior son of gods and goddesses created in imagination by countless theologians ... are just as real as is your image of a god.

Your religion is nothing special to those who aren't invested in it. It's simply special to you and those who believe as do you.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452545 Jun 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> .twisting the truth is never a good idea.3086
Yes--and that is why YOU, Seraphima, are constantly being "corrected"!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452546 Jun 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Finally your starting to get it...One Holy Universal(catholic) ad Apostolic Church.NOT the catholic church of today....
Yes!! And the One TRUE Church that Jesus HIMSELF, initiated, formed and established, in Matthew 16:13-21, over 2000 years ago, is the Apostolic Roman Catholic Church of today with over 1.168 billion Catholic parishioners throughout the world!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452547 Jun 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well geeeeeze!
Just prove your deity exists...that should solve the problem, and you wouldn't have to keep beating the bushes.
Proof has existed for since the beginning of Creation and re-confirmed by the birth of Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago, in and through the Sacred Scriptures!!The only people who continue to "beat the bushes" are the agnostics and the atheists who keep "spinning their wheels" going round and round in circles of "chaos and confusion"!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452548 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to accept that Catholic theologians are YOUR parents.
No!! I'll leave that distinction to Jesus Christ HIMSELF, in and through His One True Apostolic Church.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#452549 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--and that is why YOU, Seraphima, are constantly being "corrected"!!
You can not correct me because I speak the Truth.You are brainwashed in your belief.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#452550 Jun 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! And the One TRUE Church that Jesus HIMSELF, initiated, formed and established, in Matthew 16:13-21, over 2000 years ago, is the Apostolic Roman Catholic Church of today with over 1.168 billion Catholic parishioners throughout the world!!
LOLOL okie dokie

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452551 Jun 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>The Hebrews were COMMANDED to tithe, but I know of no verse TEACHING tithing to Christians. If you do, please cite it as I'd like to look it up.
If the teaching of God's Word in the OT applies only to the Hebrews....why do we have the OT in our Bibles????!!!!

If it applies only to Hebrews, why do Catholics teach original sin they contribute to Adam in the OT????

Hello!!!!!

Location hidden

#452552 Jun 15, 2013

Where are you KayMarie??????

Do you disagree with the teaching in the pope approved NABre?????

From the NABre pope approved Bible...regards John 1:1

In the beginning:
also the first words of the Old Testament (Gn 1:1). Was: this verb is used three times with different meanings in this verse: existence, relationship, and predication.

The Word (Greek logos):
this term combines God’s dynamic, creative word (Genesis), personified preexistent Wisdom as the instrument of God’s creative activity (Proverbs), and the ultimate intelligibility of reality (Hellenistic philosophy).

With God:
the Greek preposition here connotes communication with another.

Was God: lack of a definite article with “God” in Greek signifies predication rather than identification.

Location hidden

#452553 Jun 15, 2013

Hello KayMarie!!!!! Talk to me....

Tell me what message you are led to believe in the following:

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#452554 Jun 15, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
By the way, Oxbow, "catholic"--small c--means "universal." In the hymnals the LCMS used to use, the word "catholic," small c, was used in the Apostles' Creed, with an asterisk after it, like so:
catholic*
Below the Creed, in small type, was a statement explaining that "catholic," small c, means universal and was not a reference to the Catholic Church. I found that funny then, and still do :)
hey roberta welcome to this board i was luthren once i like your posts:)

Location hidden

#452555 Jun 15, 2013
Rosesz....where are you!!!!

Do you disagree with this Catholic teaching:

From the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

Location hidden

#452556 Jun 15, 2013

Rosez....talk to me....

The Father, Christ the Father, Christ the Son, the Holy Spirit....

Following your erroneous belief, how many persons do you see in the above?????

Location hidden

#452557 Jun 15, 2013

Human Being....Have you also cut and ran????

Tell me what you are led to believe in the following:

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#452558 Jun 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Hello KayMarie!!!!! Talk to me....
Tell me what message you are led to believe in the following:
You need to settle down we have all said the same to you,'we can't fully understand this now'!

To me that says my Lord my God, what does it say to you?

Location hidden

#452559 Jun 15, 2013

KayMarie.....talk to me...

Tell me that this teaches Christ is God......

KJV
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Php 2:7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Tell me you believe not the Catholic Bible:
NABre...
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, aking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452560 Jun 15, 2013
Our real Creator not created us for suffering.
Real God is full of Mercy understanding and knowledge.
We can not make that bigger or smaller as well rich or poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Barmsweb 84,702
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 8 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 9
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... 22 hr BB Board 1
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Fri True Christian wi... 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis May 23 Rico from East Lo... 4
More from around the web