Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599994 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#452311 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying 'His word, His word'.
What word and who's interpretations???
Also, if the Apostles started a Church and grew into an 'institution'(as you say) and kings and emperors corrupted it, then Jesus Christ is a phoney and Christianity doesn't exist. Do you get that?
And please, do not pat Protestantism on the back to hard for 'spreading the Gospel'. ESPECIALLY in America. I believe Protestant ideals have corrupted our society. But that's another topic.
And yes Rose, all of Protestantland does wonderful works in our world and they truly do have some godly individuals among us. I admire Rick Warren and Billy Graham for their sincere zeal for Christ.
Rick Warren ..Billy Graham his Son Franklin(Samaritans purse)

Where do you think they came from

The would have brought.the word here to be dispensed by the priest s

I contend God wanted us,ALL to bring it.

The Church
In the mid ages became too enmeshed with politics.

They still had the WORD..But it needed to be out among all people.

Why can you not acknowledge that all if this is a,God thing.

Oh well .Billy was a great. Preacher..So are many in each community as they spread the word of salvation.

Jesus LOVES US..HE DIED FOR US..That I'd UNIVERSAL..not to be hidden as it had been in the vaults of the CC..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452312 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's all that remains of Christianity when you try to separate Jesus from His Church and then impose the notion that all one has to do is say the sinner's prayer and kind of try to be a good person and all is well.
Your words say you have not the foggiest idea what believeth means....

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And logic says...those who don't even know the definition of believeth can't possibly believeth....so guess what???

Location hidden

#452313 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.......which isn't in the Bible. JS's point.
The Bible (all you need) doesn't tell you that it's all you need.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Message: Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect, thoroughly finished unto good works...

If he needs more, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!

Location hidden

#452314 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try reading the Bible.
in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word(Bible) was God.
logos: something said (including the thought); by implication, a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension, a computation; specially,(with the article in John) the Divine Expression (i.e. Christ):--account, cause, communication, X concerning, doctrine, fame, X have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason,+ reckon, remove, say(-ing), shew, X speaker, speech, talk, thing,+ none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.

I don't see "Bible" in the definition of "Word"....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452315 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about the time BEFORE Constantine..
How come the teachings are remarkably the same in 33 AD, 133 AD, 233 AD, and 333 AD?
You can't answer that, so you ignore it, and conjure up a conspiracy scenario that has no basis .. It lacks logic.
Yes Old Jay Gee, I did not want to be Catholic 15 yrs ago. I wanted what you guys preach.
And there is that little thing you guys mock- called the Eucharist- that I've happened to partake in..
Thank be to God, it was a brilliant move by Jesus Christ to give his Church something to ensure His Ministry would stand the test of tyrants and heretics such as yourself.
What an awesome barrier against the false Christianity that Our Lord surely foresaw happening.
The Eucharist is the pinnacle of Christianity. Request it from a valid Catholic or Orthodox Priest when you are on your death bed. Our Lord promised to raise you up on the last day if you do.
John 6: 64
You are so brain washed and lost you have no hope of understanding the reality of Jesus Christ.

You said, quote, "The Eucharist is the pinnacle of Christianity. Request it from a valid Catholic or Orthodox Priest when you are on your death bed. Our Lord promised to raise you up on the last day if you do. John 6: 64" End quote.

I find it amazing that Roman Catholics condemn the Bible when it differs from their theology yet use it to defend an indefensible moronic position. Talk about the height of hypocrisy.

Cly, your reading begins at John 6:64. Why? Because in reading John 6:63 you will have to acknowledge the blasphemy of your theology of transubstantiation.

John 6:63, ""It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

You said, quote, "Our Lord promised to raise you up on the last day if you do. John 6: 64" End quote.

How does John 6:64 apply to your statement?

John 6:64, "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him."
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452316 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants may differ on various doctrinal issues, however, the only thing that really matters is what unites ALL Protestants. And that is ..........
1. John 3:16, ""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
2. Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
3. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
And you call 42,000+ conflicting, and contradicting Protestant denominations "UNITED"! Hardly the case!! If 3 bible verses were the basis of Protestant unity then why does each divided, splintered and fractured denomination continue to "spin off" more and more, each day, each month, each year, with some favoring and some opposing abortion, gay ministers, euthenasia, homosexual marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, etc. Hate to disappoint you OLDJG but your bible verses have never, nor will ever, hold your bible only "self interpreting" inconsistent denominations together. Your 42,000+ self appointed Protestant Popes won't allow it---that it why the ONLY UNITY that bible only Protestants have (ever had)---and even that is weak---- since the Reformation, is to "attack" the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Location hidden

#452317 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you fall in this category?
I mean, you say you believe, yet you decided to leave His Church and devote an incredible amount
time trying to undermine it.
You've reversed countless teachings that Jesus Christ taught.
You've taken the NT and put your name on it by dictating the passages that the Apostles already taught once.
Come on dear Ox... how do you justify your theology?
Don't answer, I am not having any beers tonight and won't feel like conversing with the man they call Oxbow.
I have believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God...since I was six years old. No doubt about that has ever crossed my mind...

The Catholic denomination is not "His church"....your pope approved Bible tells you that...yet you ignore the teaching of your piped piper.....the pope..

NABre:
Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Your Catholic Encyclopedia teaches: Jesus Christ - the Incarnate Son of God....redeemer of the human race..

And you ignore that teaching...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#452318 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
June - LOL - nothing like an UNBIASED opinion - "VATICAN" proclaims Catholic Church ONLY true church!

Location hidden

#452319 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the writings of the early Church, it reveals a Church....as in an authoritative teaching magisterium with a hierarchy of Bishop, Priest and Deacon.
Here, I'll show you what the Disciple of John described, when he wrote as a validly ordained Bishop of the Church:
"Do all thing in harmony with God, with the Bishop presiding in the place of God and the Priest presiding in the place of the council of the Apostles, and the Deacons who are so dear to me, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ"
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the People be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop; likewise, whatever has his approval will pleasing to God; thus will be safe and valid"
Kay, why on Earth would you think the Apostles started a 'community of believers' that navigated Christianity through their miscellaneous writings that became part of the Bible 350 yrs later?
Don't run from this question like your husband. Answer with sincerity.
The

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Message: Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect, thoroughly finished unto good works...

If he needs more, like "the writings of the early church" he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#452320 Jun 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you call 42,000+ conflicting, and contradicting Protestant denominations "UNITED"! Hardly the case!! If 3 bible verses were the basis of Protestant unity then why does each divided, splintered and fractured denomination continue to "spin off" more and more, each day, each month, each year, with some favoring and some opposing abortion, gay ministers, euthenasia, homosexual marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, etc. Hate to disappoint you OLDJG but your bible verses have never, nor will ever, hold your bible only "self interpreting" inconsistent denominations together. Your 42,000+ self appointed Protestant Popes won't allow it---that it why the ONLY UNITY that bible only Protestants have (ever had)---and even that is weak---- since the Reformation, is to "attack" the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Is there foolishness among Protestant ..yes.

Let me ask ..can you buy.an indulgence??

Did THis guy show what CC is supposed to be
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Alexander_V...

Many mire things in your history that do not reflect our Lord.
The Reformation..maybe it was God getting your.Churces. attention.

WE DO NOT HAVE TO BELIEVE OUR ministersxarexall perfect

JESUS. Is our HIGH PRIEST

BUT you cannot. Admit.for any imperfection. Or your faith will melt???
You woukd be better off believing in Christ only ..He never makes mistakes

Imo

Location hidden

#452321 Jun 14, 2013
Where are you Just Sayin'?????

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

thoroughly: completely
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452322 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants may differ on various doctrinal issues, however, the only thing that really matters is what unites ALL Protestants. And that is ..........
1. John 3:16, ""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
2. Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
3. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do my best to ignore your stupidity but it is time you were informed of your ignorance.

42,000? You change your number as much as you change your theology. You are a pathetic heartless wimpy so-called Christian. You went to the Roman church because you are incapable of thinking on your own. You must be told what and how to think.

United? In perhaps one doctrine but it is the only doctrine that has eternal value and actually matters. Try reading and listening. God gave you two ears to listen and one mouth, although in your case huge, to speak. Protestant agree on the following, whether there are 42,000 or 420,000. AGREEMENT on what really matters.

Location hidden

#452323 Jun 14, 2013
Luke 10:26: "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?"

Jesus expected even his enemies to correctly interpret the Bible by simply reading and studying it.

Unlike Jesus, Catholics and Orthodox don't ask you what you think scripture says, they just tell you how their church interprets it and you have no choice but to accept what they tell you.

Location hidden

#452324 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I do my best to ignore your stupidity but it is time you were informed of your ignorance.
42,000? You change your number as much as you change your theology. You are a pathetic heartless wimpy so-called Christian. You went to the Roman church because you are incapable of thinking on your own. You must be told what and how to think.
United? In perhaps one doctrine but it is the only doctrine that has eternal value and actually matters. Try reading and listening. God gave you two ears to listen and one mouth, although in your case huge, to speak. Protestant agree on the following, whether there are 42,000 or 420,000. AGREEMENT on what really matters.
Amen and Amen!!!!

Undeniable truth based on Scripture..

And all Catholics said "BS....tain't what the pope said...we believe the pope.....he is infallible...the vicar of Christ on earth!!!!"

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452325 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Luke 10:26: "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?"
Jesus expected even his enemies to correctly interpret the Bible by simply reading and studying it.
No He did not. I can prove it from scripture that Christ did not expect his enemies to interpret scripture.

Location hidden

#452326 Jun 14, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>No He did not. I can prove it from scripture that Christ did not expect his enemies to interpret scripture.
He was addressing a lawyer, who like Satan, tempted Him...

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

Like Satan, this lawyer tempted Him...Satan is the enemy of Christ.. therefore so was this lawyer...

Aren't you supposed to be sucking on some thimg this late at night????

Location hidden

#452327 Jun 14, 2013
Jesus defeated the three temptations of the Devil with, "it is written", not "I say". Mt 4:1-11

The Temptation of Jesus: Matthew 4:1-11.

Three times Jesus was tempted by the Devil and each time Jesus replied exactly the same three dangerous words that defeated the Devil: "IT IS WRITTEN"

Read it for yourself! If any one could have used oral tradition, it was Jesus, yet he chose the only safe and sure way to defeat Satan: Scripture.

Traditionalists have simply not comprehended just how devastating it is that Jesus never appealed to his own authority in his 40 days temptation in the wilderness with the Devil.

Three times Jesus was tempted, three times Jesus replied, "It is written".

If oral tradition, or the authority of the church was valid, then Jesus would have at least one time referred to oral tradition, or used himself as the authority, as the Catholics, Orthodox and JW's use the church organization as an authority.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#452328 Jun 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Jesus defeated the three temptations of the Devil with, "it is written", not "I say". Mt 4:1-11
The Temptation of Jesus: Matthew 4:1-11.
Three times Jesus was tempted by the Devil and each time Jesus replied exactly the same three dangerous words that defeated the Devil: "IT IS WRITTEN"
Read it for yourself! If any one could have used oral tradition, it was Jesus, yet he chose the only safe and sure way to defeat Satan: Scripture.
Traditionalists have simply not comprehended just how devastating it is that Jesus never appealed to his own authority in his 40 days temptation in the wilderness with the Devil.
Three times Jesus was tempted, three times Jesus replied, "It is written".
If oral tradition, or the authority of the church was valid, then Jesus would have at least one time referred to oral tradition, or used himself as the authority, as the Catholics, Orthodox and JW's use the church organization as an authority.
Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.

And do you really consider yourself a teacher of Gods word? Really?

Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#452329 Jun 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
Do I really have to walk you through the scriptures and show you that there was actually 6 times Christ was tempted?
I would like you to give it a shot anyways...

Location hidden

#452332 Jun 15, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ was not tempted three times. He was actually tempted six times by Satan.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

Show me the other three (3)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 30 min Paul Porter1 287
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Catholic24 84,332
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web