Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658991 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Kinder, LA

#452477 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuts can sprout anywhere.
NONE OF the Baptist Congregations will have a thing to do with this creep.
Any MAN IF GOD in any denomination who leads His flock down the wring path will wind up with a millstone around his neck.
This includes,wrong minded unfaithful ministers..priests and yes Popes like BORGIA.
when we put our faith blindly in MAN and his preaching ignoring the bible we are doomed. Unfortunately the believers in Borgias time had no bibles.
The ones who believed indulgences can be bought were sadly deluded.
EACH branch if Faith has had unfaithful men leading them astray.
We can admit it ..you all cannot .And therein lies the difference.
Luckily the WORD if God has survived despite wrong men and persecution and efforts to suppress it..thank GOD
RoSesz

People are going to come and go on this earth, but the Word of God will last forever, in whatever form God deems good.

If a catholic Roman Catholic isn't protesting, then they aren't good Catholics. To simply follow without being engaged in spiritual battles is not a sign of being saved. So its best to be catholic(universal).

Its easy to see outside one's own set of devotions(religious groups), and consider they fall short. When that occurs it shows one's own devotions aren't measuring up.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452478 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good one.
Well first He brought it up so no one woukd focus on waiting till the end to do His work
Why He dud not know I can only speculate that in His earthly incarnation He did not know . Fir precisely the reason He did not want them to know..a mystery
Either way He knew there would come His death.. That He would return after His Ascension.
(Which at that point the disciples knew nothing about)
He was trying to get them to know there was a,plan for humanity that was heavenly.
Imo..his ways are not our ways
I appreciate your response...but you did not answer my question...

Question: If Christ be God, why did He say:

Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Location hidden

#452479 Jun 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Let's try to avoid generalizing. Specifically, where have you been scolded for your acceptance of the bible's authenticity? Which precepts do we claim are more important than the bible?
Our rejection of the unbiblical doctrine of sola scriptura does not mean we have a low opinion of it. I would suggest the idea that anyone who picks up a bible (what we call Sacred Scripture) has the authority to privately judge it's meaning makes a mockery of scripture.
Sola Scripture is NOT unbiblical. It does not give anyone the 'right' to interpret it according to his 'opinions'. Sola Scripture means that any principle that the church (or individual) teaches MUST AGREE with what is written in the Word.
No doubt that some of the ancients taught things that DID agree with the Word. We have many writers who write things that are not copies of Bible verses...and many of them are right, and encourage the believers. But many of them are wrong, and their word must be tested by what is written.
You would have to check out the 'scoldings'; I don't keep a record of them. I've been called a liar several times when I reported thing that I saw with my own eyes.
"I pray that they all may be one, Father...even as You and I are One".
KayMarie
And:

Scripture alone (from the Reformation slogan Sola Scriptura) is the teaching that Scripture is the Church's only infallible and sufficient rule for deciding issues of faith and practices that involve doctrines.

While the Bible does not contain all knowledge, it does contain that which is necessary for salvation.

Indeed, if something is not found in Scripture, it is not binding upon the believer. This view does not deny that the Church has the authority to teach God's Word.

Furthermore, while tradition is valuable, it but must be tested by the higher authority of the Scriptures.

Example: The Bible says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

The Catholic "tradition" says....no...that is wrong...all does not mean "all"...it means "all except Mary!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452480 Jun 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your response...but you did not answer my question...
Question: If Christ be God, why did He say:
Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Hmmmm. Well I thought I did.
As Jesus,on earth maybe the Father did not give it to Him to tell.

Maybe they decided that before His incarnation..

Other than that I have no answer ..good question

Main thing ..He did NOT want us to know

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#452481 Jun 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
People are going to come and go on this earth, but the Word of God will last forever, in whatever form God deems good.
If a catholic Roman Catholic isn't protesting, then they aren't good Catholics. To simply follow without being engaged in spiritual battles is not a sign of being saved. So its best to be catholic(universal).
Its easy to see outside one's own set of devotions(religious groups), and consider they fall short. When that occurs it shows one's own devotions aren't measuring up.
True ..if I heard a minister or priest tell me something that was against what has been said in His Word..I would ask for clarification.

If it was not there there and he continued to preach against Gods wird
I woukd no longer g o to that church.

Especially true on tv ministers. imo

Location hidden

#452482 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not know because He was not God..as the Catholics on this form insist...

This false belief is debunked by their own pope approved Bible...their Catholic Encyclopedia...Their prayers....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#452483 Jun 15, 2013
who="Oxbow"
This false belief is debunked by their own pope approved Bible...their Catholic Encyclopedia...Their prayers....

Like everyone else, you have some things straight, but you are not 'all-knowing'.
Jesus IS God, just not all of God. He says what He hears the Father say, He does what He sees the Father do (He said so). But He is not 'the mind of God'.
He said that the Father kept this information for Himself, likely because it wouldn't pay for all to know it. Men have tried to change His plans before.

Rev. 14:14 John says that he saw One sitting on a cloud, like unto the Son of man. An angel comes out from the throne of God, and tells Him that it is time to reap earth's harvest. He had a sickle in His hand.

God has everything timed, but He doesn't spread all of the info around for everyone to toy with. Much of it He has told us already, but Jesus' job is to plant and water until the harvest is ready.

KayMarie
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#452484 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:

I think you are correct.

To further the point, even angels, which are angelic eternal beings do not know the time of God's Judgment in time.

When the Word became flesh, God emptied himself of all positional power, and thus we as flesh, in time, do not know the time of God's Judgment. This is an extremely strong point in showing that Jesus(Son of God) became human in all ways.

Another point is that depending, perhaps on the single action, or salvation of one person, God's Judgment is pending. We often think that God has a pre-fixed date, as we think in those terms. But in eternity, a few million years one way or another is a flash.

There are some things God reveals, and some which God does not. In this case we are left with the mystery. We are to combat evil in our day, and do good. And not worry about tomorrow.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#452485 Jun 15, 2013
who="Oxbow"
Like everyone else, you have some things straight, but you are not 'all-knowing'.
Jesus IS God, just not all of God. He says what He hears the Father say, He does what He sees the Father do (He said so). But He is not 'the mind of God'.
He said that the Father kept this information for Himself, likely because it wouldn't pay for all to know it. Men have tried to change His plans before.
Rev. 14:14 John says that he saw One sitting on a cloud, like unto the Son of man. An angel comes out from the throne of God, and tells Him that it is time to reap earth's harvest. He had a sickle in His hand.
God has everything timed, but He doesn't spread all of the info around for everyone to toy with. Much of it He has told us already, but Jesus' job is to plant and water until the harvest is ready.
KayMarie
KayMarie:

I agree. I just wrote Rosesz on the subject. But would like to add, that it would be to human beings detriment to know the time. We would be to grieved by the amount of evil which must be fought, both individually, and collectively, as the Church. And also grow lazy in not becoming self-disciplined, and growing into the righteousness of Christ.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#452486 Jun 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I just watched a program about how Lance Armstrong used all his might to keep his lies of using drugs hidden for so many years. He intimidated others, called THEM liars and did everything in his power to keep his image pristine.
But, the lies finally caught up to him in the end.
Once people try to hide one lie, often more and more lies become necessary to hide the first lie.
Religion, being based on fantasy, yet claiming to KNOW truth, was a gigantic lie from it's very beginning.
my point exactly,not actual lies storoies of old but name changes and in some cases different countries changed and a very smart group of people have been involved for 400 yrs witing,"the greatest fantasy ever told"

usa

#452487 Jun 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Jethro, that is why Pot is not legalized. they can't control its growth.
Not that I think people should grow it.
it's slowly becoming legal by perscription,i can get one if i want it,because you do lose your apetite when on chemo,that's how you can spot a cancer patient right away,because they wither away because eating makes them sick and throw up,smoking pot reduces,the vommiting,and helps get rid of the nausea,and people can eat without the vomitting an nausea,it may not be the perfect answer but it's the best one right now,all drugs carry serious side effects,this one is no different,and being a former smoker back in my teens i see nothing wrong with it,because it is a myth, that smoking it leads to harder drugs,i never went beyond smoking no matter how tempted,it's up to the individual as to wether or not to move on to harder drugs,because pot is not giving him the high he's looking for.

usa

#452488 Jun 15, 2013
And besides if pot wat that bad,why did god create it? if stiop read an learn the most dangerous drugs out there are man made drugs,like lsd,cocaine,morphine,heroine,a ll created by the nilitary to help aleave pain in the battle field.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#452489 Jun 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You made up everything you wrote.
The little hamlet you refer to was along a major trade route.
Greeks, Romans, Arabs and Jews. But you can somehow explain why no one knew or cared enough to record such an amazing event.
It's like it was on another planet. Why would your god make all of this stuff so secretive and elusive? The only records we have are from years later, second hand stories overlaid with myth.
You made up everything you wrote. I get it. You can make up anything you want because it's a delusion.
All of man's gods are imaginary. That's why it seems natural to make up stories. Nice job.
Bethlehem???was a village of shepherds.
They raised lambs most likely to be used in the temple.

They were of little concern to Romans or Herod until he heard ..since he was nit really a Jew..a poo prophecy about the Messiah and mire he heard from the wise men that a,New king was born.

I think it was likely that this happened a while after the birth ..Imo

It's actuality celebrated on a different day ..But her or was an animal and crazy. Killed 2 of his sons to protect his throne..He saw a king as a threat same as his own children.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#452490 Jun 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh???

You personally think He was not God or you think Catholics don't

Thought you were Chritian.

He was fully God ..fully man..He was flesh and blood..But with God's spirit in Him

Perfect human lamb to be sacrificed. He could not be perfect unless He was God!!!
Religion A Delusion

Orlando, FL

#452491 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bethlehem???was a village of shepherds.
They raised lambs most likely to be used in the temple.
They were of little concern to Romans or Herod until he heard ..since he was nit really a Jew..a poo prophecy about the Messiah and mire he heard from the wise men that a,New king was born.
I think it was likely that this happened a while after the birth ..Imo
It's actuality celebrated on a different day ..But her or was an animal and crazy. Killed 2 of his sons to protect his throne..He saw a king as a threat same as his own children.
You "think it was likely... "

You are going for plausibility. It get it.

Here's the problem. You can't come close to proving the Herod story in court.

The ONLY historical "evidence" for the event is in the Bible.
In fact, only one verse in Matthew mentions it. The event is notably absent from the other gospels and all the rest of history.

It's difficult to imagine such a massacre was not mentioned by Josephus, a first-century historian who described other events in Herod's life.

It's a myth.

Location hidden

#452492 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh???
He was fully God ..fully man..He was flesh and blood..But with God's spirit in Him
Perfect human lamb to be sacrificed. He could not be perfect unless He was God!!!
NABre:This is justification for Jn 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.; it asserts unity of power and reveals that the words and deeds of Jesus are the words and deeds of God.

The apostles creed:

I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:
5. The third day he rose again from the dead:
6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:
8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:
9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:
10. The forgiveness of sins:
1l. The resurrection of the body:
12. And the life everlasting. Amen.

A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,

See that word "and"...See "His only Son".

B. He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty

See "sitteth at the right hand of God"....if. as you say, God and Christ are one, how is it that Christ is sitting at the right hand of God!!!!!!

When my eyes and ears were opened, some 40 years ago, I deleted "the holy Catholic Church" because not all of its teaching are based on Scripture.

And, I deleted "the communion of saints" because: The communion of saints (in Latin, communio sanctorum), when referred to persons, is the spiritual union of the members of the Christian Church, living and the dead, those on earth, in heaven, and, for those who believe in purgatory, those also who are in that state of purification.

There is no purgatory to believe in!!!!

----------

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

----------

And you are lying every time you say the Apostle's Creed:

----------
Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

----------

And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
----------

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,

----------

From the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

Location hidden

#452493 Jun 15, 2013
who="Oxbow"
KayMarie
Clay, a rabid devout Catholic says:
I don't reject the teachings of the Catholic Church. Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God.
Other than that ...how ya doing Ox? You were a Catholic for 40 yrs...you may as well stop denying the Divinity of Jesus Christ and go to Confession.

Ah replied:I do not...have not...never will deny the full and complete Deity (Christian Religious Writings / Theology) the nature or character of God, of Christ, the Son of God. He shared the same nature of God.

Are you now saying you agree, as the Bible, your Catholic Encyclopedia, the Apostle's Creed teaches, that He was not God, as in God Almighty??

Clay replied: DDDDDddddddduuuuuuhhhh....do I have to answer your question???? Can't I just ignore it???!!!!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#452494 Jun 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh???
RoSesz:

Most people at first think Ox is a Christian. But like you, after a certain amount of time, we reach a similar conclusion. It is a rather surprising revelation, once he chooses to interpret that verse about Jesus not knowing the time of Judgment.

As to what heresy is involved, there are so many, that deny Jesus is either just a man, or just a God, it is hard to identify, his belief system. But it does smack of pride. Don't let it get you down.

He has yet to reveal his "church" affiliation. So I think most of us consider him at best not a Christian, at least in the orthodox sense of the word.

He has taken a very hard, obscure path for himself, in denial, and making it harder still; in telling all Catholics what they believe, and what Protestants(by proxy) do as well.

What is more interesting in "conversing" with him, one really finds the conversation is detached. And the harder people(like myself) try to converse the more isolated one feels, because nothing seems to get through....It is his definition.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452495 Jun 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The scripture St. Paul was referring to was the OT. The NT hadn't been penned yet.
St. Paul says scripture is profitable, not exclusive.
The man of God St. Paul was adressing was St. Timothy and other validly ordained clergy in the Church, indeed men of God. You are not a validly ordained man of God.
Sorry.
Where might we find the verse Paul tells us "tradition" is profitable? Where might we find the verse Paul tells us anything other than Scripture is profitable?

Location hidden

#452496 Jun 15, 2013
who="Oxbow"
KayMarie
From the NABre pope approved Bible...regards John 1:1

In the beginning:
also the first words of the Old Testament (Gn 1:1). Was: this verb is used three times with different meanings in this verse: existence, relationship, and predication.

The Word (Greek logos):
this term combines God’s dynamic, creative word (Genesis), personified preexistent Wisdom as the instrument of God’s creative activity (Proverbs), and the ultimate intelligibility of reality (Hellenistic philosophy).

With God:
the Greek preposition here connotes communication with another.

Was God: lack of a definite article with “God” in Greek signifies predication rather than identification.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 10,246
News Pope to visit Georgia, Azerbaijan 21 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... 21 hr Proposer Words Po... 16
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
More from around the web