Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658878 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452293 Jun 14, 2013

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452294 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is given by inspiration of God
I think the Muslims will disagree on that issue. They only believe their own scriptures were given them by the one and only God.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#452295 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I'm open minded.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452296 Jun 14, 2013
http://squarefaction.ru/game/disciples-iii-or...

you want war 3

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
so evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll

Prince George, Canada

#452297 Jun 14, 2013
On the first day god said he "I will create a perfect plan and it will be good."

Ever since he's been saying "I don't know what the hell happened!"

truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452298 Jun 14, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search... ** lh4.googleusercontent.com *-eiO8153nbKY*ThsVFKZk_8I*AAAA AAAAB_g*V8Njpbvr8WQ*belas%2525 2520dandee%25252520%2525252857 8%25252529.jpg%252F%3B569%3B29 1

bio bomb will be thereeeeeeeeee did you make plain about that gateeeeeeeeee
aleutian island
ele naituele nuts kikiriki=monkey buisness honge konge lange lauangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.google.com.au/search...

https://www.google.com.au/search...
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452299 Jun 14, 2013
Clay

Garden City, MI

#452300 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
True, Jesus saves, but don't you think that the teachings of His Church might be important on the the road to salvation?
If the Catholic Church is the Church He started, then it would be the Bride!!
How many brides can a man have?
You say all the 'believers' are His bride. But Rose, clearly Protestantism is all over the map on teachings. Sure they all say,' well we believe Christ is our savior and that's all that matters'
But Jesus said 'many will say, Lord Lord'.
God is not a man. And He will have one bride: His church. And it will be HIS church, not a group that claims to own the church.
There are many cells in my body. There are a number of organs, all made up of cells. The Invisible Church is the body of Christ, made up of Believers (cells) from "EVERY tribe (church) and tongue and language". There will be believers from every group.
Let HIM build it.
KayMarie
If you read the writings of the early Church, it reveals a Church....as in an authoritative teaching magisterium with a hierarchy of Bishop, Priest and Deacon.
Here, I'll show you what the Disciple of John described, when he wrote as a validly ordained Bishop of the Church:
"Do all thing in harmony with God, with the Bishop presiding in the place of God and the Priest presiding in the place of the council of the Apostles, and the Deacons who are so dear to me, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ"

"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the People be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop; likewise, whatever has his approval will pleasing to God; thus will be safe and valid"

Kay, why on Earth would you think the Apostles started a 'community of believers' that navigated Christianity through their miscellaneous writings that became part of the Bible 350 yrs later?

Don't run from this question like your husband. Answer with sincerity.

Prince George, Canada

#452301 Jun 14, 2013
Theology 666

God's plan included watching humans fight and kill each other over competing to gain God's full attention.

And it came to pass.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452302 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I'm open minded. I assure you as the sky is blue, if you guys were preaching truth, I would be right beside ya.
Need I remind you, I sought to NOT be catholic one time.
This morning you said Constantine infiltrated Christianity and began the pagan Roman Catholicism (or some facts simile)
That's a popular opinion by many to denounce the Church, so I understand.
So how come Catholicism looks remarkably similar pre Constantine as post Constantine?
You see, that's the kinda ignorance you're asking people to believe. You're essentially saying,'ignore all facts, and follow your instinct on the Bible'?
You said, quote, "Need I remind you, I sought to NOT be catholic one time." End quote.

Your statement verifies my contention. The disease of ignorance has been your companion your entire life.

You said, quote, "So how come Catholicism looks remarkably similar pre Constantine as post Constantine?" End quote.

The Roman Catholic church is the same corrupt institution it was at the time of Constantine. Garbage in....garbage out.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#452303 Jun 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it is a simple as this.
The Church started with the Apostles. And grew into an institution that became very intertwined with Emperor and kings later on. The kings used the authority of religion and the Church used the authority of the kings.
GOd did not want this political institution to be the ONLY way His word was spread.
He allowed for the Reformation..the distribution of bibles and the spread if His Word across the seas. NOTHING that big could happen without Him.
GOD blessed our country for its basic faithfulness and allowed us to ally with Israel.
Our internet and television ministries both Catholic and non spread the Good Word all over.
Our missionaries both Catholic and Non do wonderful work in poor places and Spread the Good Word.
He allowed this country to become a shining city .
He allowed for Vatican 2
He allowed for Popes who are now independent of kings and politics and ask for UNITY between the brethren...meaning us.
And for good relations with Israel
And He allowed for the generalized ACTUAL BIBLE study along with the catechism they had. For Catholics..with actual bibles
GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD A,PLAN for His,Church.(His Bride..the believers)
And maybe He needed alliance with the Emperor's to preserve His word.
But HE obviously did not desire that it be kept locked up for ONLY the clergy to interpret.
GOD ALLOWED all of this.
I believe He used ALL of theses methods including the printing press...tv..And internet..So that His word would be spread as far as,possible before the END TIMES.
Catholics BELIEVE it's only through them we are saved
We believe in the Bible as the way.
Maybe for each time in history it was through both .
So that most who hear will believe the ONLY NECESSARY WORD.
Jesus died for our Sins. We need to repent and receive Him. He is the Way..The Truth and the Light.
AT SOME POINT..it will be too late..He wants that none shall perish
Imo..to jealously say I AM THE ONLY WAY Is so wrong.
GOD allowed the Reformation so more of His word was spread ..period.
GOD allowed the Church in Rome to copy and preserve scripture.
We needed each other.to do His will.
And it is folly to believe differently. Imo
If there are errors in how we practice ....GOD WILL CORRECT THEM.
But the WORD ..JESUS IS THE WAY. Is His word and it will go out because He wants it to by what ever means He allows
And the Spirit will show us the truth in the Word.
You keep saying 'His word, His word'.
What word and who's interpretations???

Also, if the Apostles started a Church and grew into an 'institution'(as you say) and kings and emperors corrupted it, then Jesus Christ is a phoney and Christianity doesn't exist. Do you get that?
And please, do not pat Protestantism on the back to hard for 'spreading the Gospel'. ESPECIALLY in America. I believe Protestant ideals have corrupted our society. But that's another topic.

And yes Rose, all of Protestantland does wonderful works in our world and they truly do have some godly individuals among us. I admire Rick Warren and Billy Graham for their sincere zeal for Christ.

Prince George, Canada

#452304 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452305 Jun 14, 2013
evil is always evil
don't tell me we do that in your name

killers is always killers

evil is evil
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#452306 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
True, Jesus saves, but don't you think that the teachings of His Church might be important on the the road to salvation?
If the Catholic Church is the Church He started, then it would be the Bride!!
How many brides can a man have?
You say all the 'believers' are His bride. But Rose, clearly Protestantism is all over the map on teachings. Sure they all say,' well we believe Christ is our savior and that's all that matters'
But Jesus said 'many will say, Lord Lord'.
You said, quote, "If the Catholic Church is the Church He started, then it would be the Bride!! How many brides can a man have?
You say all the 'believers' are His bride." End quote.

The Roman Catholic Church is not the church Jesus started. Jesus never said, "hey guys, form a church". No Cly, THE CHURCH is the body of those who believe in Jesus Christ. THE CHURCH is not an institution or a building. I Peter 2:4-5, 4 "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

The Vatican is is made of sticks and stones.
But the bride of Christ is made of flesh and bones.
Try remembering that Cly.

You said, quote, "Protestantism is all over the map on teachings. Sure they all say,' well we believe Christ is our savior and that's all that matters' But Jesus said 'many will say, Lord Lord'." End quote.

Protestants may differ on various doctrinal issues, however, the only thing that really matters is what unites ALL Protestants. And that is ..........

1. John 3:16, ""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

2. Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."

3. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Clay

Garden City, MI

#452307 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Need I remind you, I sought to NOT be catholic one time." End quote.
Your statement verifies my contention. The disease of ignorance has been your companion your entire life.
You said, quote, "So how come Catholicism looks remarkably similar pre Constantine as post Constantine?" End quote.
The Roman Catholic church is the same corrupt institution it was at the time of Constantine. Garbage in....garbage out.
But what about the time BEFORE Constantine..
How come the teachings are remarkably the same in 33 AD, 133 AD, 233 AD, and 333 AD?

You can't answer that, so you ignore it, and conjure up a conspiracy scenario that has no basis .. It lacks logic.

Yes Old Jay Gee, I did not want to be Catholic 15 yrs ago. I wanted what you guys preach.

And there is that little thing you guys mock- called the Eucharist- that I've happened to partake in..
Thank be to God, it was a brilliant move by Jesus Christ to give his Church something to ensure His Ministry would stand the test of tyrants and heretics such as yourself.
What an awesome barrier against the false Christianity that Our Lord surely foresaw happening.
The Eucharist is the pinnacle of Christianity. Request it from a valid Catholic or Orthodox Priest when you are on your death bed. Our Lord promised to raise you up on the last day if you do.
John 6: 64
Clay

Garden City, MI

#452308 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "If the Catholic Church is the Church He started, then it would be the Bride!! How many brides can a man have?
You say all the 'believers' are His bride." End quote.
The Roman Catholic Church is not the church Jesus started. Jesus never said, "hey guys, form a church". No Cly, THE CHURCH is the body of those who believe in Jesus Christ. THE CHURCH is not an institution or a building. I Peter 2:4-5, 4 "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
The Vatican is is made of sticks and stones.
But the bride of Christ is made of flesh and bones.
Try remembering that Cly.
You said, quote, "Protestantism is all over the map on teachings. Sure they all say,' well we believe Christ is our savior and that's all that matters' But Jesus said 'many will say, Lord Lord'." End quote.
Protestants may differ on various doctrinal issues, however, the only thing that really matters is what unites ALL Protestants. And that is ..........
1. John 3:16, ""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
2. Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
3. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Atta boy, break dem Bible verses down and sling em at people. Your hands are washed!

But is that exactly how the Apostles revealed the faith 2,000 yrs ago?
Of course not. And you know it.

Prove Christ started a Bible and not a Church.

If He did start a Bible and not a Church, what Books should I be reading? Should I throw out Tobit, Sirach and Maccabees? You say they are not Biblical. Why does Old Jay Gee say those Books don't belong in the Bible, based on who's authority?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452309 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
prof·it·a·ble
/&#712;präfit&#601;b &#601;l/
Adjective
1.(of a business or activity) Yielding profit or financial gain.
2.Beneficial; useful.
The Bible assuredly IS useful and beneficial. It isn't "sufficient".
To my knowledge, only Catholics look up the definitions of Greek words, of all places, in the English dictionary!!!!
ophelimos: helpful or serviceable, i.e. advantageous:--
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#452310 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the writings of the early Church, it reveals a Church....as in an authoritative teaching magisterium with a hierarchy of Bishop, Priest and Deacon.
Here, I'll show you what the Disciple of John described, when he wrote as a validly ordained Bishop of the Church:
"Do all thing in harmony with God, with the Bishop presiding in the place of God and the Priest presiding in the place of the council of the Apostles, and the Deacons who are so dear to me, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ"
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the People be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop; likewise, whatever has his approval will pleasing to God; thus will be safe and valid"
Kay, why on Earth would you think the Apostles started a 'community of believers' that navigated Christianity through their miscellaneous writings that became part of the Bible 350 yrs later?
Don't run from this question like your husband. Answer with sincerity.
Confrinting's audacity to actually deny recorded historical and scriptural verses from the New Testament and especially from Paul's writings, with regard to the CHURCH, is just planin inconceivable and incomprehensible......... His defiant and willfully beligerent "rejection" of what is clearly written with regard to the TRUTH of the authoritative, visible and heirarchical CHURCH, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ, with the Bishop, as an overseer (Acts 20:17,28, is just plain rebelliousness and defiance of the TRUTH .... In Paul's writings, the word bishop is used in conjunction with priests, deacons, and elders. The necessity in the organization of and within the Churches was to provide for an "order" charged with superintendent and pastorial service. The Bishop is exhorted to exercise oversight (I Peter 5:2. His qualifications are expressely stated (1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9....Phil 1:1 references Christs Church at Philippi with the Bishop as overseer. This is "exactly why" in I Tim 3:15 Paul tells us that "THE CHURCH" is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH". Paul doesn't say The bible is the foundation and pillar of the truth---He says THE CHURCH!!! I don't read anywhere in the Sacred Scripture where Jesus or the Apostles handed out bibles, or read out of the bible to the Christians in the Churches of Antioch, Phillippi, Corinth, Thessalonica, Colossus, Ephesus, or anywhere else as!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452311 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, if the Apostles started a Church and grew into an 'institution'(as you say) and kings and emperors corrupted it, then Jesus Christ is a phoney and Christianity doesn't exist. Do you get that?
And please, do not pat Protestantism on the back to hard for 'spreading the Gospel'. ESPECIALLY in America. I believe Protestant ideals have corrupted our society. But that's another topic.
And yes Rose, all of Protestantland does wonderful works in our world and they truly do have some godly individuals among us. I admire Rick Warren and Billy Graham for their sincere zeal for Christ.
Rick Warren ..Billy Graham his Son Franklin(Samaritans purse)

Where do you think they came from

The would have brought.the word here to be dispensed by the priest s

I contend God wanted us,ALL to bring it.

The Church
In the mid ages became too enmeshed with politics.

They still had the WORD..But it needed to be out among all people.

Why can you not acknowledge that all if this is a,God thing.

Oh well .Billy was a great. Preacher..So are many in each community as they spread the word of salvation.

Jesus LOVES US..HE DIED FOR US..That I'd UNIVERSAL..not to be hidden as it had been in the vaults of the CC..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#452312 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's all that remains of Christianity when you try to separate Jesus from His Church and then impose the notion that all one has to do is say the sinner's prayer and kind of try to be a good person and all is well.
Your words say you have not the foggiest idea what believeth means....

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And logic says...those who don't even know the definition of believeth can't possibly believeth....so guess what???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 10,244
News Pope to visit Georgia, Azerbaijan 5 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... 6 hr Proposer Words Po... 16
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
More from around the web