Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,800)

Showing posts 435,981 - 436,000 of532,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
look closely at the 15th verse, we find that Peter [stood up] and began to speak, not a sign of primacy back in those days.as Dan well knows, right Dan. and lets compare that with jesus when He spoke at a synagogue.
luke chapter 4 reads.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
notice the difference between our Leader and that of Peter. Peter stands up yet Jesus sat down.
that was how Authority worked in those days.
but you knew that, right Dan? lol
LOL.

V 15 presents Peter standing up to speak in front of a large gathering of people.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Those who dwell in the idea that others will burn in hell ... might receive exactly what they deserve.

Who knows???

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's now "mockery" to ask a minister (GIF) to supply the Biblical basis for Sola Scriptura?
Wow.
why would a Christian even NEED to provide Proof for a Christian beleif in the authority of His Word.

Your catholic question is very similar to what satan asked in the garden, right Dan?

is this satanic attack isnt enough to you people tat in due time, the Vatican and all that hover around it will destroyed by th Word someday.

and we who loved the Lord will be pleased to see Jesus finally defeat His enemies

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

marge wrote:
Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
why don't you do like the rest of the Christians on here and use the KJV so we know what you are talking about

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

same verse in he KJV ad see how much clearer that it is. Praise God.

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Gut Annihilator

Marshall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

By this time next week, you should have third place all-time on Topix. Congratulations, you are almost there!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

look at the difference.
[endurance]is something that you need to run a marathon.

[patience ]in and of itself is a virtue
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as I receive my inspiration from the devil it's understandable that he only gives it to me when he has "free" time. He complains that god keeps him very busy burning refuse ... so all things considered, it seems I just have to be patient and wait my turn.
:)
I'll write the first stanza:

There once was a girl named June
whose soft heart was big as the moon
As time went on, life bruised her to the bone
And now she sits alone in her room

Maybe you can write the second?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

If a god is all about love, why do people feel such a desperate need to prove that the god loves them???

Something is very wrong with such a mindset.

Trying to own love for the self can only be based on greed.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

When I believed in a god, I was certain that all humans would go to heaven, as I couldn't fathom a god that would be cruel.

But is seems that many people are more then content to believe that an all-powerful god not only allows a devil to work for him, but is fully aware that the devil performs god's dirty work for him.

Religion is BUNK!
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well one I am not an author of the bible
Two I accepted Jesus as Lord and was baptized as an adult and in that church they had us write a witness..But that part was not necessary for salvation ..heart and soul connecting to Jesus is necessary
It is only through HIM we are saved ..Nit through any Saint..Nit through the CC or the Baptists..THROUGH..Jesus.
No connotrtions necessary. HE MADE THE SACRIFICE..NO ONE ELSE.
Three actually I am writing here.
The gospels DO NOT say people have to write it down down if they are saved.
We say the scripture was written or where did the CHUFCH get it from to compile it..
No, you're not an author of the Bible. You'd hold the actual authors accountable, to you, to write things down so their teachings from Christ could be reviewed by you and hopefully meet with your approval.
You also grant yourself latitude, without the authority the Apostles possessed, to appoint yourself sole arbiter of the meaning of God's word without fear of appeal.
No accountability for you. If you say I believe and I'm saved, it's so. The Apostles's declarations have to be written and approved by you and marge, but no such strictures for you two.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What possible difference does it make????!!!!!
The point is that you (and others) were objecting to Catholics confessing their sins to a priest. And I pointed out that Jesus said to confess your sins to another person, then asked you who do you confess yours to since you don't confess to a priest. You then couldn't really say "nobody" since you claim to follow Jesus and you couldn't deny his teaching on this. Then you said you confessed to some lady.
My guess is that you made a mistake at some point in the past and hurt this lady's feelings and you told her you were sorry.
So my next question is have you sinned since then?
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why would a Christian even NEED to provide Proof for a Christian beleif in the authority of His Word.
Your catholic question is very similar to what satan asked in the garden, right Dan?
is this satanic attack isnt enough to you people tat in due time, the Vatican and all that hover around it will destroyed by th Word someday.
and we who loved the Lord will be pleased to see Jesus finally defeat His enemies
Some one who believes the Bible to the sole source of Christian teaching and instruction (Sola Scriptura) should be ready to cite said Bible's explicit support for that belief.

Asking for it isn't mockery nor a "satanic attack".

Avoidance of the question is the bad act here, not the asking of the question.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

grijota je vruce je stati pod ogrtacem=truth will set you free=muslim woman remove your ogrtac from yourself..its grijota hide face from god..god know how you looks..

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Bunk

Valueless, worthless.

Attributed to Henry Ford who is alleged to have said that "History is more or less bunk."
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid! Although who knows considering some of the guys they were sending out of seminary in the 50's and 60's..
Well, when you posted that about a priest getting excommunicated for having adultery and then trying to absolve his lover...and then pair that with his vicious hatred of the Church and his slanderous tongue...and him saying he got excommunicated...I kind of was thinking he might have been one of those priests? Got caught, exposed, and publicly shamed? It does seem that he has a personal vendetta against the Church.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

sin is hide face from God=grijota je kriti lice od gospodina..

see
words grije=hot grijota=sin
see deference in words

who liked hide face=mask
see
why you scare show your face to god..

My Lord
How many can't see on this world?
MY GREAT GREAT GREAT FATHER DID NOT SEE WHEN PETER
become man!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Year after year I thought that religions other than my own were bunk ... and then I finally agreed with my self that to level the playing field I should admit that my own religion was "also" bunk.

And that settled the issue ... pun intended.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Habakkuk 2:2 Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahahaha
The wicked believe they are good
It seems to be just as it should
The ego's a pain and shall always remain
A constant for those in such moods
That's a keeper, June.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 435,981 - 436,000 of532,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy 8,116
More 4 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 9 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 14 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••