Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,037
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#451945 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it positive to lay claim to a belief that self will go to heaven and others will go to hell???
I don't know, because I don't believe in a hell, and really, not a "heaven" per se.

Maybe someone else can answer your question.

No matter what your answer will be, one should always be positive in their day-to-day life - as it makes life move by soooo much happier.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#451946 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your poem

I'm a Protestant it's true
But I can be a Catholic too
Islam might be my next choice
Or Buddhism, if I hear the voice
It matters not which one I choose
As the only god will not refuse
My devotion day by day
With that one god I'll always play

June VanDerMark
June 14, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#451947 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was raised on lies. Lies such as "once saved always saved".
You see no evidence that any church can claim to the the true Church Jesus built?
Well that doesn't mean there is no evidence actually existing that there is one.
Christ likened His Church to a city on a hill, a light in the darkness, things which are visible and concrete.
He said nobody lights a candle and then puts a basket over it.
Are you saying that Christ established His Church and then promptly hid it from the world?
~~~
YOU WROTE

"Are you saying that Christ established His Church and then promptly hid it from the world?"

GOD DID NOT GIVE A FRANCHISE OR A MONOPOLY TO ANY... ONE selfish

GROUP ... SUCH AS THE(so called) ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Terrace, Canada

#451948 Jun 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, that is no laughing matter. ;(
As belief in a devil is as fool-hardy as belief in a god ... it IS a laughing matter to me.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451949 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible alone is the sole rule of Christian Faith?
Why do you folks who refute Sola Scripture, constantly require a Biblical proof? You don't give Biblical 'proof' of Catholic tenets.
KayMarie
"Sola scriptura" means "bible alone, right?
So this "sola scriptura" concept must be somewhere in the Bible, right?
Where is this teaching, then? What book, chapter, and verse?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451950 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"Are you saying that Christ established His Church and then promptly hid it from the world?"
GOD DID NOT GIVE A FRANCHISE OR A MONOPOLY TO ANY... ONE selfish
GROUP ... SUCH AS THE(so called) ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.
.....which completely avoids the question.

Sack up, GIF. Answer the lady.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451951 Jun 14, 2013
evil is always evil
They try feed them-self from good and righteousness soul..Is that point be good liar?

Because of that accusers scribe and others diploma smart evil people are united..
it is written Christans is been prosecuted and killed

wicket borroving time they liked be rich and posess as Deciver do=what deciver say=all thief is in paradise=now they talking about prodigers=pro=digers see words

Why?

Terrace, Canada

#451952 Jun 14, 2013
Now I lay me down to sleep
I hope the gods will be discreet
As they judge my naughty dreams
And expose my daily schemes
May I awake to find them gone
Back to their hells where they belong
They have no right to judge me
When they are loony as can be

June VanDerMark
October 27, 2012

Terrace, Canada

#451953 Jun 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, because I don't believe in a hell, and really, not a "heaven" per se.
Maybe someone else can answer your question.
No matter what your answer will be, one should always be positive in their day-to-day life - as it makes life move by soooo much happier.
But for those who DO believe that others will burn in hell ... do you perceive that is a positive way for them to believe???

That was my question.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451954 Jun 14, 2013
i told you 1 and 4 and 7 numbers
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451955 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman of 29 years who didn't smoke and who did pray to her supposed god faithfully every day, died from cancer of the lungs.
Little children die from cancer every day.
If your supposed god exists, he enjoys observing all forms of suffering, and that means there would BE no excuse for his all-powerful behavior. He would know it, just as you know it ... but for your cheap promise by nitwit theologians of salvation, you keep on being silly.
"OH I love you god!!! Please love ME god!!!" ... drool ... slobber ... blah, blah, blah.
I ordered that book "The God-Shaped Brain" and think you should read it, seriously, because you are actually damaging your brain when you dwell on a hateful, sadistic, arbitrary god.
You are causing actual functional damage which in negatively affecting your ability to experience love, exercise reason, and problem solve. Not to mention what is happening to your immune system.
The good news is all this can be reversed simply by spending a little time each day contemplating a loving God.
If you can't imagine a loving God, then this book will help you in that area.
This is the best book I've seen that examines the connection between your body and your faith.
I recommend it also to anyone who might read this post.

Terrace, Canada

#451956 Jun 14, 2013
I am at last free from religion ... but I am not free from me.

I still have to deal with emotional and physical pain ... but at least now I don't believe that a creator had any part in any plan.

And THAT is a huge relief.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#451957 Jun 14, 2013
example of Salvation being received in the NEW TESTAMENT.
BELOW IS THREE OCCASIONS THAT GIVE WITNESS
OF HOW ONE CAN BE BORN AGAIN...
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
EXAMPLE #1
Act 16:30 ...... Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
Act 16:34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.
~~~
EXAMPLE #2
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37 And Philip said,
If thou believest with all thine heart,
thou mayest. And he answered and said,
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
~~~
EXAMPLE #3
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Amen Kay

Salvation is ONLY through Jesus. Forgive the change here I just remembered my sign in from 3 years ago

#451958 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sola scriptura" means "bible alone, right?
So this "sola scriptura" concept must be somewhere in the Bible, right?
Where is this teaching, then? What book, chapter, and verse?
JESUS SAID..

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

WHEN ONE SEARCHES THE SCRIPTURES ...THEY SAY NOTHING...THEY ARE

ALTOGETHER SILENT

ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

HE DID NOT SAY SEARCH THE CATECHISM....NOR THE ARCHIVES OF THE VATICAN

#451959 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
"...SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES..."
So you really do think Jesus passed out Bibles?[

He certainly made them available. I have some; don't you?

KM
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451960 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was denied Holy Communion....that is part of being excommunicated...
However, that was some forty years ago..no telling what they have changed since then...
Divorce doesn't place one in a state of grave, unrepentant sin.

Divorce and remarriage without an annulment precludes you from Communion (in the strict construct of Canon Law).

Plus, the priest would have to KNOW that you're divorced and remarried sans annulment in order for him to even begin to consider withholding of the sacrament. BTW, the communicant situated as described is the one who has primary responsibility to abstain from presenting themselves for Communion, not the priest to withhold it.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451961 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my point earlier as well.
Her position is that the Catholic Church is "wrong" at best, apostate most of the time by her posts, and she apparently doesn't care for how they vetted the scriptures when declaring canon.......
...BUT she holds the Bible they came up with as the sole foundation of her faith.
Yeah, that makes sense.
This kind of thing is why I refused to be protestant anymore. I got tired of the freakin confusion, the whip lash, the nonsensical stances, the brain-straining cognitive dissonance, the feeling like I had to almost have alter egos, one for each mutually exclusive set of ideas I was supposed to believe.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451962 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID..
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
WHEN ONE SEARCHES THE SCRIPTURES ...THEY SAY NOTHING...THEY ARE
ALTOGETHER SILENT
ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
HE DID NOT SAY SEARCH THE CATECHISM....NOR THE ARCHIVES OF THE VATICAN
Hey, "dodging the question with the word"-

Can she get a straight answer from you or what?

#451963 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....which completely avoids the question.
Sack up, GIF. Answer the lady.
SUPPOSE YOUR

1Pe_3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh

you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
truth

Perth, Australia

#451964 Jun 14, 2013
1 and 4 and 7

asked why herod been curse from elija..holy ilija
bag beg big bog bug

What they say about me?
Who am I?
My Lord
They say you are prophet?
My Lord
They say you are eilija.

What you say who am I?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 12 pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••