Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#452169 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. It means "I cut the strings on my gift to you, and you are free to go and do as you please."
If I gave you a parcel of land, and signed the papers that it was a gift ... and then added that I someday wanted money FOR that land ... would you tell me that what I gave you was a gift ... or you tell me that I was a double-dealer???
I suggest you be honest with your self.
Free will means "you decide for yourself". It doesn't have "gift" attached to it.

I suggest you be honest with me.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#452170 Jun 14, 2013
NitaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the "low information voters" fundies are misguided and blind to the truth, which you loud and clear brilliantly tried to get across in your post. Good job, as I see clearly while others probably don't. Fundies, go figure to try and reason with unreasonable mindsets with the truth, which would clearly set them free.
~~~

It is the typical reaction/attribute... The political correctness of

the Roman Catholics...to demean, call names belittle, berate and show

their carnal attitudes of arrogance.

..Especially when they cannot gainsay and dominate...It reveals itself

sooner or later...Sooner more so than later...Grace is just not one of

their attributes.

I consider it an occupational hazard ...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452171 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pretend that Catholics don't believe they know the mind of the god, when they self-righteously preach that they do.
It's not nice to lie just to try to defend the image of your church.
LOL.

It's not nice to forget that I posted Church teaching that explicitly said they DON'T know the mind of God RE: why the devil is allowed to act.

Short-term memory must be the first to go.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452172 Jun 14, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

arab mecca
whats deference between lama and deva

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452173 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>try reading the Bible.
in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word(Bible) was God.
And I suggest you be honest and add the very important truth that mortal men wrote the words IN that book, and ALL other supposed "holy" books in the many other religions.

You people are very dishonest with your selves, so it's impossible for you to be honest with others.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452174 Jun 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe scripture.
GOD'S. WORD
No, you believe in your own judgment of scripture.

You believe that you can decide what it means. You even subject the Apostles' teaching to your judgment ("I have to see it to make sure").

Prince George, Canada

#452175 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will means "you decide for yourself". It doesn't have "gift" attached to it.
I suggest you be honest with me.
So then, after I give you the land and sign the papers that the land is yours, you won't mind if later I ask you to ignore our first agreement and give me back my land or I will see to it that you go to prison???

You are being very deceptive, and you KNOW it.

Prince George, Canada

#452176 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
It's not nice to forget that I posted Church teaching that explicitly said they DON'T know the mind of God RE: why the devil is allowed to act.
Short-term memory must be the first to go.
If YOU don't know the mind of your supposed god, then you shouldn't depend on the idea that those who wrote supposed holy books knew the mind of god either.

Your information could be missing the mark of truth by a sky-ward mile.

If that not correct???
Michael

Canada

#452177 Jun 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe scripture.
GOD'S. WORD
I am sure 1.5 BILLION Muslims believe the words of the Quar'an. Millions of Jews follow only the OT and that there is no trinity.

Interesting how the world is so divided, mostly because of family indoctrination.

#452178 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked and a KJV Bible at B&N has 1534 pages.
I'm not comfortable stating that Almighty God only knows enough to fill 1534 pages of text, minus indices and contents pages.
Luckily, as a Catholic, I don't concern myself with that as I don't confine Him to a book.
~~~

No one has said that God confines Himself to a book...

HE CERTAINLY HAS NOT CONFINED HIMSELF TO BE UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE POPE IN ROME ITALY...

What I say is God is not controlled nor can he be manipulated by a bunch

of wannabes who have set themselves up as the custodians of Christianity.

attempting to assume the position of the HOLY SPIRIT...ON EARTH.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452179 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, after I give you the land and sign the papers that the land is yours, you won't mind if later I ask you to ignore our first agreement and give me back my land or I will see to it that you go to prison???
You are being very deceptive, and you KNOW it.
Your question presupposes that anyone assumes Salvation is assured in this lifetime.

That's not me, and "you KNOW it".

Better stick to poetry, June. Epic fail on the "incisive questions" segment of your program.

Have a good weekend.

Prince George, Canada

#452180 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is the typical reaction/attribute... The political correctness of
the Roman Catholics...to demean, call names belittle, berate and show
their carnal attitudes of arrogance.
..Especially when they cannot gainsay and dominate...It reveals itself
sooner or later...Sooner more so than later...Grace is just not one of
their attributes.
I consider it an occupational hazard ...
Yet you are certain that when you try to put fear into me with threats of a devil and hell, that YOU know truth and are indeed giving me a gift with your nauseous ongoing sermons.

:)
Michael

Canada

#452181 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the mind-sets of many Christians, the god gave free will ... with the heavy-duty string attached that if we don't believe IN the god we will be forced by the plan of the same god to suffer the consequences.
What a lot of silly human double-talk.
Long before christianity evolved man/gods 1,000 years before Jesus taught their followers the same thing.

Scare people with FEAR.....
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452182 Jun 14, 2013
Michael

Canada

#452183 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
God hates sin.
Sin exists.
Then why do people today keep sinning?

They sin. They go to church. They sin. They go to church......enough already!

If people can quit smoking because it can kill you!, and others quit drinking alcohol because that too can kill you, why can't everyone stop sinning?

I can't remember the last time I committed any kind of sin. Must be years ago. Try it Dan.

Prince George, Canada

#452184 Jun 14, 2013
Popes preached such nonsense, it's impossible to keep track of it all.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The biggest bomb that Paul VI dropped on birth control in Humanae vitae was the claim that contraception “is to be condemned just as much [pariter damnandum est]” as abortion 9nr. 14). This meant a huge dramatization of contraception.

Some women concluded that it was better to be on the road to damnation at rare intervals because of abortion than constantly on it because of birth control. Thus a certain number of abortions must be attributed to the popes, especially since by equating contraception with abortion they helped to trivialize abortion. If, as Paul VI says, contraception counts as much as abortion, we can infer that abortion counts as little as contraception.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452185 Jun 14, 2013
shut up
don't speak with me like that
my life is nothing

but many many many life is something

i cry many times days and night

did i need pray for me or save many many many others

some as i drove
1 and 4 and 7

Prince George, Canada

#452186 Jun 14, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Long before christianity evolved man/gods 1,000 years before Jesus taught their followers the same thing.
Scare people with FEAR.....
Only as of late is religion trying in vain to be half-way humane.

But if that fear-based religion of eons of time past was based on truth ... to change and morph it now into something without fear has to mean that yester-centuries of teachings were based on lies.

Humans were put to death for adultery, homosexuality and countless other offensive, including pick-pocketing and stealing food when they were starving.

Religion is BUNK!

#452187 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
An inanimate object is all-knowing. It isn't self-aware (as it's inanimate), yet it's all-knowing.
This is your position?
ARGUE WITH JESUS...

HE SAID ABOUT... WHAT YOU CALL INANIMATE WORDS...

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:

the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

YOU HAVE SPENT THE WHOLE DAY BEING ADAMANT AGAINST GOD'S WORDS AND RESISTING THEM...

DEFENDING A RELIGIOUS SOCIETY THAT HAS WRITTEN THEIR OWN ROAD MAP TO HEAVEN.

.THAT IS ESSENTIALLY A DEAD END STREET..A ROAD TO NO-WHERE.

.WITH NO PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE WITH CHRIST AFTER YOU HAVE FOLLOWED IT.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452188 Jun 14, 2013
be good
i am not care for money or dimond
what ever you dig from this planet as elements
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

os=/
ones move entire sun system gone

http://artodisiac.wordpress.com/tag/individua...

http://beyondearthlyskies.blogspot.com.au/201...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 10 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 14 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web