Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,695
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#451837 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christ built the Catholic church while on earth, why did it take 100 years for this event to be realized!!!!?????
Which means Peter could not have been the first pope...he was dead along time before the term "Catholic" was used!!!!!
and since peter never was in rome,how could he be pope?when jesus speaks of building his church he is not in rome,and never was,so how can it end up there?
truth

Perth, Australia

#451838 Jun 14, 2013
You are not honest..did i told you..Creator left law trough 'time and space as well past today and future'..who used that call them-self God?

be honest not make argument i don't put nothing in my pocket not at all..others yes..they are proclaim them-self god..

usa

#451839 Jun 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
"The Catholic Church has Her own definition of marriage."
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAVE THEIR OWN DEFINITION OF A LOT OF THINGS...
The problems with their definitions (as with all their conjecture)
they do not agree with what the Bible says...
THE BIBLE IS THE STANDARD BY WHICH TRUE CHRISTIANITY IS SET..
Where does it say in the bible that the bible is the "only source of truth and the Bible is the "ONLY STANDARD" that God chose to transmit His divine and infallible word. NOWHERE!!!! You Confrinting continue to "make things up" like you always have done, ever since you came on this forum. For the 1st 400 years of the history of the Church, there was no bible-=--NONE what-so-ever so your statement is an "outright lie and you know it"! For the 1st 1500 years there was "no bible" as we know it today. The bible wasn't even printed until 1440 when John Guetenberg invented the printing press. The only Christian standard that "you yourself" claim is from your "own bible only" preaching according to the "personal opinionated" standard of Confrinting. When you speak of "conjecture" your (editorialized) bible only ministry is the "trumpet section" that is "out of tune" with the rest of TRUE CHRISTIANITY.... Jesus Christ and His One (and only one)TRUE Church, has,(as it has been for over 2000 years)--- is and will continue to be :the way, the truth and the life" in and through Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!! As Paul said in I Timothy 3:15 "The Church (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"! It is about time that you refrain from this habit of yours of this "ongoing lying and distorting" of the TRUTH of the bible and TRUE Apostolic Church History, that you are "so famous for"!!
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAVE THEIR OWN DEFINITION OF A LOT OF THINGS...all of them are wrong...
to bad they don't follow it's true teachings......"only source of truth and the Bible is the "ONLY STANDARD" that God chose to transmit His divine and infallible word........which means the catechism of the catholic church is meaningless since god/jesus has nothing to do with it's writing....Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church...is a creation of mans imagination,it is not truth.there is no history to support the theory,you have a broken chain of apostolic succession.no true church of christ exists on earth,if it did it would be perfect and no such church exists.

usa

#451840 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a big liar.
next time i have to go into a catholic church i'll take a picture,and then try calling me a liar.i hate going but out of respect for my brother i do this for hom only,knowing the perversions that went on inside these churches,i hate going into one,cause who knows what went on in their.

usa

#451841 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said that we are to confess our sins to each other. Who do you confess yours to?
that's not quite true you left out a part,but as far as any sin I commit,i have to answer to me,an the guilt (if any) I have to live with.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#451842 Jun 14, 2013
who="JesusMyLord" Which Jews? The ones who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah or the ones who do believe He is. You know, Christian Jews, who were the first Christians.
God told Isaiah that the Jews would not be able to 'see' for a time, until 'the time of the Gentiles' was finished. Zachariah says that when Jesus appears, they will 'see Him Whom they have pierced', and weep for Him as one weeps for an only Son. They will be restored; God has promised it.
KayMarie
I knew those words sound familiar. But did not know where from.

Using those words about restoration. Do you think it's possible that the faithful Jews have gone to "Abraham's Bosom" until Jesus return??

It's only a thought I have had for some time.

When I think of the suffering they suffered for their faith in Yahweh..God the Father as they were burned it gassed in agony.
I have to believe this touches His heart. Others lived lives devoted to Him.

Just a thought as I said.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451843 Jun 14, 2013
lucifer is been perfection in beauty..but fall

perfect ..in within ..can be used trough time and history but as determination too..
did you perfect..liar..o yes you can be honest too work as perfection which going perfectly fall..its happened before..is that secret..no.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451844 Jun 14, 2013
a nkh..you used name of good people and soul..which constantly suffering trough time and history!..in name evil decivers which constantly boroving and live as godly rich as call themself as perfection..they are nothing and nobody..liars
byyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#451845 Jun 14, 2013
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
This has nothing to do with superority. It has to do with the truth. When Christ claimed that He is God, many people thought that he was being superior, but He was telling the Truth. Jesus Christ is God. The Catholic Church is also telling the truth. The Catholic Church is the oldest Christian Church, which existed since the first century. The truth matters because there are people who believe that Jesus is NOT God....and that is not the truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451846 Jun 14, 2013
I don't need say sorry to you.I personally fill that.
I never say nothing against Jesus.

I say how many masters you have.
I say to you How many Lords you have and so on.

I know how my people cry and pray..my family me too.

a nkh
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#451847 Jun 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAVE THEIR OWN DEFINITION OF A LOT OF THINGS...all of them are wrong...
to bad they don't follow it's true teachings......"only source of truth and the Bible is the "ONLY STANDARD" that God chose to transmit His divine and infallible word........which means the catechism of the catholic church is meaningless since god/jesus has nothing to do with it's writing....Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church...is a creation of mans imagination,it is not truth.there is no history to support the theory,you have a broken chain of apostolic succession.no true church of christ exists on earth,if it did it would be perfect and no such church exists.
Amen Jethro, Amen
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#451848 Jun 14, 2013
A man of 32 years, was smoking, while smoking
his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the
air and said:'God, that's for you.'
He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a
horrible manner.
The man who built the Titanic
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter
asked him how safe the Titanic would be.
With an ironic tone he said:'Not even God can
sink it'
The result: I think you all know what happened
to the Titanic
Marilyn Monroe (Actress)
She was visited by Billy Graham during a
presentation of a show.
He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach
to her.
After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she
said:
'I don't need your Jesus'.
A week later, she was found dead in her
apartment
Bon Scott (Singer)
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his
1979 songs he sang:
'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way,
down the highway to hell'.
On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was
found dead, he had been choked by his own
vomit.
Campinas (IN 2005)
In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk,
went to pick up a friend.....
The mother accompanied her to the car and was
so worried about the drunkenness of her friends
and she said to the daughter holding her hand,
who was already seated in the car:
'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect
You.'
She responded:'Only If He (God) Travels In The
Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full '
Hours later, news came by that they had been
involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died,
the car could not be recognized what type of
car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was
intact.
The police said there was no way the trunk could
have remained intact. To their surprise, inside
the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken
Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist &
entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was
the worst book ever written.
In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond
recognition in her motor vehicle.
Many more important people have forgotten
that there is no other name that was given so
much authority as the name of Jesus.
Many have died, but only Jesus died and rise
again, and he is still alive....
'Jesus'
I have done my part by sharing this with you,
Jesus said 'If you are embarrassed about me,
I will also be embarrassed about you before my
father.'
You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking
this.. No way!
I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T..D. Jakes '8
Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see
how God moves!!
'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my
heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and
my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.'
As you pass this message
You will receive a miracle tomorrow. I Hope that
you don't ignore.
God bless you as you share this divine message

Clay

United States

#451849 Jun 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!
Constantine corrupted true Christianity by creating Christianityh as the "new" state religion. The result of this corruption and infiltration of cults and every other kind of religious belief is now called, you got it......the Roman Catholic Church.
Absolutely no historical or logical basis behind your opinion.

- first of all, you'd be implying that a Roman Emperor would be able to infiltrate the only Christian Church started by Jesus Christ. There is no faith behind your opinion. Not to mention, 31 or the first 32 Bishops of Rome were executed by Rome. Its illogical to think the Church would suddenly give in to the Empire.

- second (and this is the most obvious) is that Christianity is remarkably similar pre Constantine as post Constantine. We showed you countless writings from the first 300 yrs of Christianity by our Martyrs, which show Catholicism in detail. And looks nothing like the Christianity the born again movement conjured up in the 20th century.

-your assertion is age-old Protestant propaganda. I believe you Confrint and Preston are simply to old in age and stubborn to ever admit you could be in error. Pride cometh before the fall. There is only so ignorant a person can before its a serious sin.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#451850 Jun 14, 2013
2Pe_3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,

==> not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. <===

____

Mat 8:23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.

Mat 8:24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.

Mat 8:25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying,

Lord, save us: we perish.

Mat 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

______

Master, the tempest is raging!

Master, the tempest is raging!

The billows are tossing high!

The sky is o'ershadow with blackness,

No shelter or help is nigh;

Carest Thou not that we perish?

How canst Thou lie asleep,

When each moment so madly is threatening

A grave in the angry deep?

Refrain:
The winds and the waves shall obey Thy will,
Peace, be still!
Whether the wrath of the storm tossed sea,
Or demons or men, or whatever it be
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean, and earth, and skies;
They all shall sweetly obey Thy will,
Peace, be still! Peace, be still!
Peace, peace, be still!

Master, with anguish of spirit

I bow in my grief today;

The depths of my sad heart are troubled

Oh, waken and save, I pray!

Torrents of sin and of anguish

Sweep o'er my sinking soul;

And I perish! I perish! dear Master

Oh, hasten, and take control.

Refrain:
Peace, be still!
Peace, peace, be still!

Master, the terror is over,

The elements sweetly rest;

Earth's sun in the calm lake is mirrored,

And heaven's within my breast;

Linger, O blessed Redeemer!

Leave me alone no more;

And with joy I shall make the blest harbor,

And rest on the blissful shore.

Refrain:
Peace, be still!
Peace, peace, be still!

usa

#451851 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The status of the children does not change in an annulment declaration.
Their names do not get "removed from the book of life."
The CC does not make oodles of money from granting annulments.
Granting annulments is not a money making scheme.
You should stop spreading lies. Something I would recommend even if you are lying about Voodoo beliefs and practices.
the church did not ask for the check it was given to them by the family,but the reason was clear,it was to gauranty the anullment would be granted,and it was going to be until the ex-wife went public,the kennedy money like all your old money rich people came from bootlegging,joe senior was a big shot in the boot legging buisness,that's how their fortune started,and it grew from there by buying an selling people in high places,he was sleeping with the mob,how do you think his son got elected,remember he's catholic,i'm sure a few bucks went their way to influence voters, he got elected president by a thin line.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#451852 Jun 14, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with superority. It has to do with the truth. When Christ claimed that He is God, many people thought that he was being superior, but He was telling the Truth. Jesus Christ is God. The Catholic Church is also telling the truth. The Catholic Church is the oldest Christian Church, which existed since the first century. The truth matters because there are people who believe that Jesus is NOT God....and that is not the truth.
So you don't believe Abraham or Moses is part of God's church.
Salvation is from the Jews.
The O.T. Tells the Stories of the coming Messiah, Prophesied of by Isaiah in Ch 53 speaks of His birth and death. The coming savior of the world.
God walked with these men they had the power of God on them and in them.
Jesus walked the earth with the disciples and the Jews who believed in Him.
On the day of Pentecost, The Holy Spirit empowered the church (People are the church) with Spiritual fruits and gifts, to go forth in Jesus name.
If Jesus had have still been on earth. Jesus would not have sent back the Holy Spirit to comfort them and strengthen them .
For He was already with the church.
Denominations are not what makes a church great it is God, who empowers the people and the gifts of the Holy Spirit are His to give to who He will.
Our denominations are not our savior Jesus is.
There isn't any other name under heaven by which man can be saved.
Mary does not save, Jesus was the only virgin birth, the only one born without sin. Lamb without blemish.
our forgiveness was paid in full by the blood of Jesus, If Mary could have saved us Jesus wouldn't have been born or died on the cross Mary would have.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#451853 Jun 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
They wrote the truth taught to them by Jesus Dan.
When I witness to people about Jesus I hand them a Bible to read.
I show them what I am saying is in the Bible I am not just spiting out words.
No matter how well we know someone, when it comes to your salvation check it out with the word of God what they are telling you is true.
We all are not able to read the Bible and understand it as we have witnessed this on here.
We need teachers, men who are anointed by God to do so. and you will know them by their fruits.
We must always walk our talk, especially those in minister to God.
Love doesn't lie, if we do something wrong and cause another to do the same, we are accountable for their wrong and under great damnation then them.
A Pastor or Priest are accountable to a congregation as a shepherd is for a flock of sheep their very life is in their hands.
there are many standing in pulpits to day that God didn't put there. they were not called by God.
False prophets and false teachers, who have done a great injustices to Gods word.
I have had priest say the bible is really just a book, not everything in it is true is what one told my son.
Blind leading the blind and both will fall into the pit.
Wolves in sheep's clothing devouring , the innocent of the innocent , I am not just talking about the catholic faith either.
2 Chronicles 7:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land
If we are going to serve God we must serve God faithful, in Truth and in Spirit.
With all our hearts, With all our soul, and with all our Might.
'HE ALONE IS TO BE WORSHIP, HONOURED AND GLORIFIED".
You're doing what marge did. Yours in more rambling, but you're telling me WHY the apostles and Church fathers wrote stuff down instead of answering my question.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451854 Jun 14, 2013
who="Dan"
I don't find fault with trusting the Bible.
I trust the Bible.
Prove it...
KM
How would I prove such a thing?

It's a matter of faith.
truth

Perth, Australia

#451855 Jun 14, 2013
everything what satan want accuse and seperated..don't worry I am allright..my family is with me..accusers can simple on evil way fill shame or make false documentation as they do on evil way..as they prepeare on front more and more but they can't win..

don't sleep..

Someone say to me..o i can make you sleep..
but did not..then pool and go..
why..greater is who is within you then poor wicket accusers..

Did Abraham need blessing from whom..someone who is prophetic..a ja pro=about what?
Did Abraham need blessing from me?
Please explain.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#451856 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely no historical or logical basis behind your opinion.
- first of all, you'd be implying that a Roman Emperor would be able to infiltrate the only Christian Church started by Jesus Christ. There is no faith behind your opinion. Not to mention, 31 or the first 32 Bishops of Rome were executed by Rome. Its illogical to think the Church would suddenly give in to the Empire.
- second (and this is the most obvious) is that Christianity is remarkably similar pre Constantine as post Constantine. We showed you countless writings from the first 300 yrs of Christianity by our Martyrs, which show Catholicism in detail. And looks nothing like the Christianity the born again movement conjured up in the 20th century.
-your assertion is age-old Protestant propaganda. I believe you Confrint and Preston are simply to old in age and stubborn to ever admit you could be in error. Pride cometh before the fall. There is only so ignorant a person can before its a serious sin.
~~~

You wrote

I believe you Confrint and Preston are simply to old in age and stubborn to ever admit you could be in error. Pride cometh before the fall. There is only so ignorant a person can before its a serious sin.

We do not CALL GOD A LIAR...AS YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DOES...

WE BELIEVE HIS WORD... PRIDE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..

WE HAVE ASSURANCE OF OUR SALVATION ...WHICH YOU ADMITTEDLY CANNOT CLAIM.

You can have it to ...but for the stubbornness of your heart.

Jesus said to unbelievers such as you...

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded

unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

___

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

YOU DENY THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES AND

ACCEPT THE HEAR-SAY OF OTHERS....

THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES ... SAY NOTHING

ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...NOR ANY OF IT'S CALISTHENICS

RITUALS OR CONJECTURE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 5 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE