Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,132
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#451641 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh.
You might not say "duh" to the god that favors Jews ... if the god just happens to exist ... oh cocky one!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451642 Jun 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So, according to Catholic theology, when Jesus reappeared after his crucifixion, Mary Magdalene referred to him as "Rabboni." It doesn't GET any more Jewish than THAT.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Rabbi
The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
Mary Magdalene, a Jew, used a Jewish term.

Quelle surprise!

Terrace, Canada

#451643 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find fault with trusting the Bible.
I trust the Bible.
Which part do you trust the most. The part where you will be saved by a devoted Jew, that you believe can't exist without your presents ... perhaps???

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451644 Jun 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Actually, it's not, and you are gain dodging the issue you yourself put forth.
I'll play along. What if all the immediate converts to Christianity were Jews?
So what?
You know that the post to which I responded said that no Jews would write down what Jesus said. I refuted that by reporting that ALL of the original writings AND ORAL PREACHING were done BY JEWS.
Did you notice that when Jesus was tempted, He answered only one thing: IT IS WRITTEN.
KayMarie
Jewish historians and scribes who were contemporaries of Jesus didn't write about Him.

Why would they? He wasn't their Messiah.

All of the original writings AND ORAL PREACHING were done BY CHRISTIANS. How do I know? Because they believed that Jesus was divine and the Messiah and taught HIS teachings, not Judaic teaching.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451645 Jun 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part do you trust the most. The part where you will be saved by a devoted Jew, that you believe can't exist without your presents ... perhaps???
I don't send Jesus presents.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#451646 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I reject the written document?
I didn't.
What you're doing is called a STRAW MAN ARGUMENT.
A straw man is a scarecrow ...a man outstanding in his field

with no brains and no guts...One that bends to every wind and gale that

comes across the field...every thing he wears is hand-me-downs.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#451647 Jun 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The new testament is entrenched in Jewish terminology.
According to the theology, Mary did not utter any of the words, pope, or cardinal or bishop or priest ... she uttered the Jewish word "Rabboni."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Signs & Symbols in Christian Art
The Appearances.
The first person to whom Christ is reported to have appeared is Mary Magdalene, when she went to His tomb. She did recognize Jesus, whom she supposed to be the gardener, until he spoke her name.‘Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
June

Your source is an idiot. Misrepresents and misinterprets. the passages in:

John 20

" Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.

They asked her,“Woman, why are you crying?”

“They have taken my Lord away,” she said,“and I don’t know where they have put him.” At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

He asked her,“Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”

Thinking he was the gardener, she said,“Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”

Jesus said to her,“Mary.”

She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic,“Rabboni!”(which means “Teacher”)."

Anyone with half a brain working can read this and realize she did not recognize Jesus when she saw him, and he first spoke to Mary. It was not until God(Jesus) said her name, that she recognized Him.

But this is so surface oriented there is no point going into the deeper meanings of the passages with you.

Why do you quote idiots? Don't you realize what this makes you?
Human Being

Basile, LA

#451648 Jun 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you converted to Judaism, so you can "connect" with the one and only god in the universe???
June

How can you ask such a question since you don't believe in anything except rambling thoughts?

I can't explain theology to someone who hates it.

#451649 Jun 13, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
I have posted about 4 posts where I explained "sacrament". Here goes again. Here is the short answer:
"(Sacraments) they do not merely signify Divine grace, but in virtue of their Divine institution, they cause that grace in the souls of men....
In every sacrament three things are necessary: the outward sign; the inward grace; Divine institution. "
Here is a much more thorough answer:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13295a.htm
God made the plants and animals to reproduce in their kinds. It's in Genesis.
Genesis 1:11
And he said: Let the earth bring forth the green herb, and such as may seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after its kind, which may have seed in itself upon the earth.
Genesis 1:21
And God created the great whales, and every living and moving creature, which the waters brought forth, according to their kinds, and every winged fowl according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:24
And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds
No, I don't think that people are just another animal. But it seems that you think that plants and animals can be married since all it takes for a marriage is the sex act.
I just thought of something. What if a virgin gets raped? Is she then married to her rapist?

And PLANTS HAVE SEX? Certainly He created them to reproduce after their kind...but their 'kind' is not the same thing as humankind.

Virgin...raped? Interesting question, since the reports are that many of the victims 'fall in love' with the rapist. In other words, there is an unexplainable intimacy between them.

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#451650 Jun 13, 2013
You see ... no records of his birth or death.

The same goes for Jesus, Mary, Joseph, all the supposed apostles, etc. No recorded history and no marked graves of such famous supposed people. And as for Jesus ... an empty tomb. How handy was that???

You'll see the lies ... when you desire to see them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Historicity of Pilate

Little is known of Pilate and there are no formal records of his birth or early life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontius_Pilate
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#451651 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles taught orally for many years before they committed a word to paper (or parchment or whatever).
Did their teaching only become true/valid when they wrote it down?
Yes or no?
They wrote the truth taught to them by Jesus Dan.
When I witness to people about Jesus I hand them a Bible to read.
I show them what I am saying is in the Bible I am not just spiting out words.
No matter how well we know someone, when it comes to your salvation check it out with the word of God what they are telling you is true.
We all are not able to read the Bible and understand it as we have witnessed this on here.
We need teachers, men who are anointed by God to do so. and you will know them by their fruits.
We must always walk our talk, especially those in minister to God.
Love doesn't lie, if we do something wrong and cause another to do the same, we are accountable for their wrong and under great damnation then them.
A Pastor or Priest are accountable to a congregation as a shepherd is for a flock of sheep their very life is in their hands.
there are many standing in pulpits to day that God didn't put there. they were not called by God.
False prophets and false teachers, who have done a great injustices to Gods word.
I have had priest say the bible is really just a book, not everything in it is true is what one told my son.
Blind leading the blind and both will fall into the pit.
Wolves in sheep's clothing devouring , the innocent of the innocent , I am not just talking about the catholic faith either.

2 Chronicles 7:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land

If we are going to serve God we must serve God faithful, in Truth and in Spirit.
With all our hearts, With all our soul, and with all our Might.
'HE ALONE IS TO BE WORSHIP, HONOURED AND GLORIFIED".

#451652 Jun 13, 2013
who="Dan"
Jewish historians and scribes who were contemporaries of Jesus didn't write about Him.
Why would they? He wasn't their Messiah.
All of the original writings AND ORAL PREACHING were done BY CHRISTIANS. How do I know? Because they believed that Jesus was divine and the Messiah and taught HIS teachings, not Judaic teaching.

JEWISH Christians.
KM

#451653 Jun 13, 2013
who="Dan"
I trust the Bible.

Prove it...
KM

Terrace, Canada

#451654 Jun 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
How can you ask such a question since you don't believe in anything except rambling thoughts?
I can't explain theology to someone who hates it.
I'm quite aware after years of conversing with you, how you adore that theology of your own salvation Robert ... but all theology is based on theory, and that includes your self-centered theory.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#451655 Jun 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>call your local VA office and ask them how much a DAV with one dependant receives. the answer in advance. I receive 1628.00 compensation. not retirement nor a pension, it is conpensation. and I Preached last Sunday night at the AOG that my best friend Pastors. it is the same church that I got Saved in over 30 years ago.
B.S.!!!!!!!

#451656 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust the Bible.
The Bible is something more than an ordinary novel...

One deems it to be the compass that points to eternal life with Christ..

God never has trusted His information to oral passivity..

Each of the 39 books in the Old Covenant give testimony that God would

document The 27 book in the New covenant.

In no place has God made man dependent upon superstition or folklore

The fact that God chronicled the actions of the kings of Israel

proves that God is one that keeps records...

The Books that are spoken of in Revelation, are enough to the Establishment of documents...and keeping of Records...

You Catholics want us to believe that you are following traditions...

and speak out against the document ,...the New testament....

then you do a double take and write a Catechism that documents your own

conjecture...and records you papal bull...

Terrace, Canada

#451657 Jun 13, 2013
The REAL blasphemy of Catholics came when they claimed that Mary the Jew (Jesus' mother) became a Catholic saint.

THAT was a in deed a whopper!!!

OH ... and don't forget the whopper about Jesus working in Catholic confessionals forgiving sins of the Catholics who were in turn, busy century after century murdering Jews.

That one also takes the cake!

Terrace, Canada

#451658 Jun 13, 2013
who="Dan"
I trust the Bible.
Prove it...
KM

Who actually informed you that you were SENT to preach the gospel???

That was a REAL whopper!

Hahahahahaha
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#451659 Jun 13, 2013
who="Just Sayin"

Virgin...raped? Interesting question, since the reports are that many of the victims 'fall in love' with the rapist. In other words, there is an unexplainable intimacy between them.
KayMarie
What reports? Show us.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#451660 Jun 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Christ give Peter the keys then? Why did He tell Peter that whatever he binds on Earth will be bound in Heaven. Whatever he loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven.
That's called authority, and you guys look ridiculous trying to skirt around this obvious word for word Bible translation.
Look Ore, you ain't got much time left. Please don't get involved with debating Catholicism. You can't play ignorant on these basic truths anymore.
its better to close your eyes and pray and leave it at that. I'm sure you're a good man, but I don't get a good feeling in my stomach when I see a man in your situation, falsely accusing people and pretending things exist about the Bible that don't. Seriously man, don't do this. You're better off not knowing what we know about Christianity. Because once you hear our side - which is the Truth - you can't plead anything else before God.

Clay, I was raised catholic for 15 years. School, alter boy, ET....

By stating the keys of David outweigh that of Peter does not diminish Peter, but states what is fact as God chose.

The Keys of Peter could not exist without the Keys of David. Which fullfilled the Keys of Peter.

The bottom line is this life is not about Peter, Mary, David, nor Moses. It's strickly about our personal relationship with Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 hr pazuzu 74
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Hebrewsunite 8,297
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••