Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,502)

Showing posts 430,021 - 430,040 of529,750
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did notice that. In fact a poster gave a testimony yesterday (or this morning) on how she came to discover a relationship through non Catholic religions. It was exactly like that,'I, I, I, me me me. Its what worked for me'.'Jesus bless me; give me; shower me with the spirit, help me with this help me with that. Me me me.
Obviously you know, as Catholics, its not about us like that. The Mass is about Him. Worship is for Christ. The graces we in turn get, are the result of us submitting ourselves before the Lord and receiving Him in the Holy Eucharist.
If and when you ask an individual about their person, it is only rightful and correct that they should respond in the personal of "I" as a response.
Any other response would assume that that individual has no self respect, and is of no value or worth to themselves or others.

In fact, when I see someone posting that never capitalizes (I) when referring to themselves, I realize that they have no self respect, and have probably been browbeaten into submission as a degenerate submissive subject, and is incapable of rational intercourse with or among their peers. At that rate, they are only repeating that which has been selectively induced into what mind they have left to interact with their environment.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
got a busy signal, you'd think he'd have call waiting.
Try Mary, God's mother.

Apparently she is willing to listen with her dead ears.
God HAD to have a mother to teach him to brush his teweth and make his bed in the morning.

Those white robes god wears have to be washed and ironed.

With all that work, Mary still listens to the millions of Catholics who pray the Roasary to her.

Those roses in her crown must weigh a million tons by now.

Free call 0900 6279 0900 MARY

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most Christians when they not correctly formed or uneducated, or in need of education, tend to equate good and evil being created by God.
It seems obvious that you want to change the theology to perceive your self as WISE.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7

New International Version (©2011)
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
New Living Translation (©2007)
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version (©2001)
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things."

International Standard Version (©2012)
"I form light and create darkness, I make goodness and create disaster. I am the LORD, who does all these things.

NET Bible (©2006)
I am the one who forms light and creates darkness; the one who brings about peace and creates calamity. I am the LORD, who accomplishes all these things.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I make light and create darkness. I make blessings and create disasters. I, the LORD, do all these things.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create calamity: I the LORD do all these things.

American King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

American Standard Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

Darby Bible Translation
forming the light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil: I, Jehovah, do all these things.

English Revised Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.

Young's Literal Translation
Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.'

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/45-7.htm

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says......Its called a "Bible"....the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...
MICHAEL says......thousands of different protestant beliefs/sects, each ONE using the very same inspired words of God to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines.(lol)
MADNESS!!.....
And there are godzillian Catholics who can't agree amongst themselves on the teaching of their own Bible...and disagree with the teaching of the pope..their encyclopedia....

A Christian is led to all truth by the Holy Spirit...Show me two Christians who can't agree on Scripture and I will guarantee you one of them is not a Christian...or both are not....

Claiming to be a Christian and being one are horses of a different color....

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Opinion equates to simple-minded opinion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

45:5-10 There is no God beside Jehovah. There is nothing done without him. He makes peace, put here for all good; and creates evil, not the evil of sin, but the evil of punishment. He is the Author of all that is true, holy, good, or happy; and evil, error, and misery, came into the world by his permission

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42
Amen....
That is why man-made governments keep failing/falling.
It is because the people become apathetic and lazy. That cancer is spiritual before it is material.
Mind- mouth- action= actuality.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did notice that. In fact a poster gave a testimony yesterday (or this morning) on how she came to discover a relationship through non Catholic religions. It was exactly like that,'I, I, I, me me me. Its what worked for me'.'Jesus bless me; give me; shower me with the spirit, help me with this help me with that. Me me me.
Obviously you know, as Catholics, its not about us like that. The Mass is about Him. Worship is for Christ. The graces we in turn get, are the result of us submitting ourselves before the Lord and receiving Him in the Holy Eucharist.
And if it wasn't for you getting off your buttocks to do things, nothing would ever have gotten started.

You'll promote Self - but refuse to acknowledge it, why?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....which has already been proven that your title of it is not valid.
- Men wrote the Bible.
- "God" doesn't limit inspiration
- men are fallible, thus cannot define an infallible god.
- only a portion of what Jesus taught is present
- only less than six of the original Apostles are attributed to the writings
- many Levitical "laws" are invalid or null and void, as they don't apply to the 21st century.
Just this list of six items shows the BIble to be in error.
You've been duped.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Should you die with your beliefs of today intact...bring fans...lots of kool-aid....

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Is one opinion more likely to hit the mark of "truth" than another?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Pulpit Commentary

Verse 7.- I form the light, and create darkness. It has been recently denied that there is any allusion in these words, or in those which follow, to the Zoroastrian tenets; and it has even been asserted that the religion of the early Achaemenian kings was free from the taint of dualism. But according to some authorities, "a god of lies" is mentioned in the Behistun inscription; and the evidence is exceedingly strong that dualism was an essential part of the Zoroastrian religion long before the time of Cyrus (see 'Ancient Monarchies,' vol. 2. pp. 332, 333, 2nd edit.).

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Hi everyone, can we put our difference aside and come together in Prayer for the People in Kanas, and In Oklahoma they are look at tornado's up till Thursday.
If any of you live in or near these places stay save.
God Bless.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
Now I don't want to make fun of how other Christians worship. I see Christ working with these guys where they are at. And they do allot of good with the graces He gives them.
I just think they lose focus on what it means to pray and worship. I've attended one of those evangelical services, and unless the pastor was charismatic enough and a motivational speaker, nobody seemed like they'd get anything out of the celebration.
I try to explain that to my sister. She doesn't understand it ain't supposed to be about her. In fact, life isn't supposed to be about us.
If you are supporting the Pope's newest response on Atheist, then great - keep moving forward with it....placing negatives on the statement is not going to help understand what "good" is being done.

Put your bias aside and join the movement with your Pope!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

oh yeah Clay - that would also be Self.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are godzillian Catholics who can't agree amongst themselves on the teaching of their own Bible...and disagree with the teaching of the pope..their encyclopedia....
A Christian is led to all truth by the Holy Spirit...Show me two Christians who can't agree on Scripture and I will guarantee you one of them is not a Christian...or both are not....
Claiming to be a Christian and being one are horses of a different color....
And of course you are certain that YOU are the REAL DEAL!

:)

And that is YOUR opinion.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am pleased that you received good news. You will continue to be in our thought.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wHUNoUFwrh6E Love You Sweetie!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I am pleased that you received good news. You will continue to be in our thought.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wHUNoUFrh6E........Love You Sweetie!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
Now I don't want to make fun of how other Christians worship. I see Christ working with these guys where they are at. And they do allot of good with the graces He gives them.
I just think they lose focus on what it means to pray and worship. I've attended one of those evangelical services, and unless the pastor was charismatic enough and a motivational speaker, nobody seemed like they'd get anything out of the celebration.
I try to explain that to my sister. She doesn't understand it ain't supposed to be about her. In fact, life isn't supposed to be about us.
It is indeed about YOU. It is all focused and channeled by your personal perception of the environment and your evaluation of it in your mind. Without that personal perception and the cognizant recognition of those events, it would be a totally worthless occurrence.

ALL those particulars transpired, or you would not be exclaiming that you "tried to explain" to your sister.
Your problem is that you want your sister to see everything through YOUR eyes, and THAT is wrong-she is as individual as YOU are.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Self.
Why do you deny it?
Why do you place it second to the Bible?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
I don't know exactly why, or how to explain.
You gave it a shot....thanks for trying and in the least, speaking through honesty. I can tell, and I imagine, so can others. It is appreciated.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
There is just something about the word maybe. Self, connotes selfishness. Me, me, me. I am united to "ME".

Then you are not only dwelling int he wrong definition, but to understand the Self (yourself)- one must really dig deep into the inner concsiousness and discover the many faults we have, and whittle them away at correcting them, losing the regret that was establish upon them because of something you or another did, and begin to enjoy the world around you for all of its glories and love. Give a random child a toy, and then see what lights up the world.

Dwelling, acting upon and even sharing "Self" is not selfishness, but actually would be selflessness if one commits to it.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
It leaves no room for God both exteriorly and interiorly.
"God" is everywhere. You contradict your belief.

Why do you limit "God"?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore, since I have a beginning, known as birth in this universe, again, there is no room for absolutes.
You are here - that is an absolute. Unless you really aren't and I am just posting to a computer generated post.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
The Self/self just morphs into what is popular, rather than becoming fixed in eternity.
Incorrect.

Please post your citation to this unfounded claim.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the best I can do to describe it.
Well it was a good shot, even though you missed a couple of important features, but a admirable try at that. Thanks.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the message in the Bible that's important, not the words, which are only a tool.
Why do you limit "God", but not limit men.
- You limit "God" in the sense the Bible is "all that is required"
- You don't limit men, because you have given them "god-like" attributes to determine who "God" is and what "He" expects every human to abide by.
- This would be arrogance, not "God"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zpZkY47-cVI......I am Blessed to have you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
No. It does not.
The meaning we attribute to the word "evil" in the Bible, has changed over the centuries in English, and in many cases the word evil in the Bible today would be better translated as rottenness, distress, misery, injury, calamity.
So where it says in Isaiah 45:7 ...,God creates evil, it is more with reference with those words(rottenness, distress, misery, injury, calamity)
In our modern metaphysical sense the word evil would a be turning away from God with the result of sin, and a sort of spiritual strangulation(death).
All the same...it is written....so do not say it is not written(it is what it is).
That is attempting rationalizing.
At that rate, the entire bible should be rewritten to be more "specific"....which I would be in total agreement with.
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

All I read on here is His words His Words

His words are his laws the ones that were nailed to the cross.

Can you not see what not keeping the law has done to this world it is a sinful mess......

Everyone wants to make up what the scriptures really mean in their own minds.they take the broad road.

Most on here can't even understand how man changed his name and made him a god...I am not a christian I am not a catholick I am A Yahwist And will be till they cut my head off.I will not change I will worship my father Yahweh till I die And he is not A god.Because of my beliefs I have been persecuted for the last 20 years or so I lost everything because of my religion A wife Or so called wife Children Grandchildren I have held fast but still battle satan everyday.But Now I am blessed with understanding that very few have A wonderful woman.I want for nothing.

I just hate to see all the world being deceived. And yes we are in the end times. But I can not tell you how long we have.....But Just watch Israel and there actions.

And because the religious nut jobs Israel will be the death of many because the religious nuts will say we must protect Israel because it is the holy land.At one time it may have been but not so much now because they all sin do you people even know what a jew is it is one that practices Judaism.

This is the
keeping of the law.......

I love to tell you that we all will die and when the world id
s resurrected we will be taught the laws in the thousand year rein.and we will learn to love the law as I do here on this earth.then satan will be loosened for a short time to test you.please do not fail this final test.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 430,021 - 430,040 of529,750
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••