Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636941 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#446104 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"I (YHWH/EL) said,'You are ALL Gods! You are all Sons of the Most High!' Psalm 82
OK.
I am a God, You are a God, Jesus was a God, EVERYONE is a God.
Are you a God of Light or Darkness ? THAT is all that matters.
What particular translation of the Bible are you using here?
And are you sure you are looking at Psalm 82?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#446105 May 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE EPITOME OF CONFUSION..
1.IT CLAIMS TO HAVE WRITTEN THE BIBLE
which does not include your heathen practices...
2.THEN THEY ADD THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS RITUALS DOGMA,AND CONJECTURE
3.AFTER THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS ARE ADDED....
THEY CLAIM THAT THEIR INVENTIONS/HEATHEN CALISTHENICS TAKE
PRECEDENCE OVER THE BIBLE...
4.NEXT....THEY ATTEMPT
TO CONDEMN
ALL THOSE
THAT BELIEVE THE BIBLE
TO BE THE WORD OF GOD TO HELL,
BECAUSE THEY DO NOT ACCEPT
THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS.
~~~
1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
SO WHERE DOES GOD FIT INTO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM??
1. The Church DID write the Bible. The Apostles were Catholics. Their successors decided to put the Apostles writings together and adjoin them with the Hebrew Books Christians were using.

2. By rituals, I assume you are referring to the Holy Mass and Sacraments? They also came from the Apostles, and we clearly showed you it was in place long before Constantine and the Roman Empire became Christian.

3. We don't claim the sacred traditions from the Apostles take precedent over the Bible, just that they were in place... Before the Bible. Oral instructions are also the Word of God.

4. Where has the Church ever condemned you to Hell? On the flip side, you condemn every single creation from God to Hell, unless they FIT the criteria you established by interpreting being 'born again'. You've said often, that Catholics are not in this fold.

1Cor 14:33 FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, BUT OF PEACE, AS IN ALL CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS

That's the Catholic position....the Churches who are universal; Catholic; in communion with Peter. Churches of THE SAINTS.

You can't steal 1cor 14:33 and use it against the very Church that told you it was scripture!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446106 May 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't follow them anyway, so why should you even care?
....said the hypocrite to the evangelist;)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446107 May 29, 2013
who="Clay"
The Pope never said atheist are going to heaven in the first place, you guys said he said it. The Vatican just cleared up the rumors.
Anyone can see that Atheist can do good works. The Pope was recognizing that common bond that Christians have with them in that department.

I posted what the Pope said, though I had to chop some of it off because it was too much for Topix.

Here is part of the news item this morning:

The Vatican corrected The Pope, pointing out that atheists are still going to hell. In his May 22 mass, Pope Francis made a bold statement that even atheists have been redeemed with the Blood of Christ. Now a Vatican spokesman has clarified the comments, contending that atheists can still expect to go to hell.

KayMarie

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446108 May 29, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
By the way when you or someone says they love you they lie because love is the keeping of the law....
Understanding only comes from the reverence Of the creator. And scripture even telsl you this. but you will not gain understanding worshiping a man made god you are better off to call him your heavenly father the great spirit anything but god and why can you not see that man changed his name oh!!!! that's right you never reverenced Yahweh And or the creator. and he even tells you and you will cause them to forget my name if you were to read the scripture correctly it would read
I am your heavenly father Yahweh and you shall worship no god and or gods.
And for all you who think we are not under the law he says I have not come to destroy the law but to establish it and yes this is the new testament.
and what makes YOU think you'll escape the wrath to come on all unbelievers???

contrary to popular pagan belief, the devil and those doing his work will NOT be chief rulers in hell, but they will receive their proper form of punishment and be the most tormented, the lowest and most despised.

get out while the get'n is good, dummy!:)

#446109 May 29, 2013
who="G_O_D" So....if I am not a Catholic I will not end up spending eternity with Catholics ?
Great!
Now how do I get rid of the other Christians ?

If you don't like Christians, you can go to h---. They won't be down there.

KayMarie
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#446110 May 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope never said atheist are going to heaven in the first place, you guys said he said it. The Vatican just cleared up the rumors.
Anyone can see that Atheist can do good works. The Pope was recognizing that common bond that Christians have with them in that department.
I agree, he never said that. It was the media that said he did.

I'm also reading statements that the Vatican "corrected" the "infallible" Pope. After all this time they don't know that infallibility comes into play only in very, very limited circumstances, like hardly every?

I feel sorry for people who believe everything they read in the secular press. Although I guess it serves a purpose, especially if one is an anti-Catholic bigot.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#446111 May 29, 2013
Moses wrote:
The Catholic Church is the only church that can trace its origins to Christ and his apostles. Protestantism is a heresy.
When an organization only uses less than six of the original Apostles, then it could be easy to advance the notion of an Apostolic Succession, but unfortunately, you forgot to include - within that supposed line - the many popes that either died in office only after 30 days, the popes that were 'bad', or other individuals that died while playing the Pope.

If it requires one Pope to pass on the papal mysteries completely, then one can use logic and say that this didn't happen at those times.

It's all a ruse to make you, a follower, believe the ruse.

#446112 May 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Church DID write the Bible. The Apostles were Catholics. Their successors decided to put the Apostles writings together and adjoin them with the Hebrew Books Christians were using.
2. By rituals, I assume you are referring to the Holy Mass and Sacraments? They also came from the Apostles, and we clearly showed you it was in place long before Constantine and the Roman Empire became Christian.
3. We don't claim the sacred traditions from the Apostles take precedent over the Bible, just that they were in place... Before the Bible. Oral instructions are also the Word of God.
4. Where has the Church ever condemned you to Hell? On the flip side, you condemn every single creation from God to Hell, unless they FIT the criteria you established by interpreting being 'born again'. You've said often, that Catholics are not in this fold.
1Cor 14:33 FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, BUT OF PEACE, AS IN ALL CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS
That's the Catholic position....the Churches who are universal; Catholic; in communion with Peter. Churches of THE SAINTS.
You can't steal 1cor 14:33 and use it against the very Church that told you it was scripture!
~~~

YOU WROTE

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA,...I NEVER HEARD SUCH FOOLISHNESS IN ALL MY 78 YEARS...

QUESTION

Just whom am I stealing the word of God from...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#446113 May 29, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June I am not even going to begin to know your grief over your daughters death.
I am truly sorry I never lost a child.
I do not believe you opt out of believing in God because of that.
People who love God usually draw closer to Him in time of grief.
Thank you.

At the time my daughter took her life she was in a lot of emotional and physical pain and wanted both to end. I actually was comforted that just before she took her life she had faith that she would be loved by a god.

When I spoke at her memorial, I suggested that I believed god was of the character of love, so anger did not come into my mind or being at all ... and neither did anger arise in my over that issue at a later time.

I stopped believing because of the reasons I already explained.

I'm not sad that I lost my belief in a creator, but rather I feel freed from all the dogmas that as a child were put upon me.

Prince George, Canada

#446114 May 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not respond to your insults in the manner you deserve.
I feel that you have been severely hurt in the past, and I have no desire to add to your hurt or to fuel your anger at God....
There is no anger in my post. I suggest the anger is in you because you don't want to address the content of what is in this post.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
That must mean that (within the theology) when Jehovah (the one and only god) told the Jews that they were his chosen few ... he lied.
So then when the Catholics claimed that the same one and only god sent his son to earth to save only Catholics ... Jehovah must have also lied THEN.
It seems the one and only god is a double-dealer.
Either that ... or men known as theologians created the myths to suit their own purposes.

Albuquerque, NM

#446115 May 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And why not! The gates of hell (as referred to in Matthew 16:18), against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, are "alive and well" on this forum.
No hojo, there are no 'alive gates of hell' on this forum.

You are delusional and paranoia seems to be peeking in as well.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#446116 May 29, 2013
who="Clay"
I posted what the Pope said, though I had to chop some of it off because it was too much for Topix.
Here is part of the news item this morning:
The Vatican corrected The Pope, pointing out that atheists are still going to hell. In his May 22 mass, Pope Francis made a bold statement that even atheists have been redeemed with the Blood of Christ. Now a Vatican spokesman has clarified the comments, contending that atheists can still expect to go to hell.
KayMarie
That is correct, Christ redeemed all of us, He died for mankind. But not all of us will be saved (attain heaven). As you can see from the article below from the Christian Post.com , the Vatican did not really "correct" the Pope. They agreed with him but clarified his statement for those who enjoy twisting everything the Pope says and does to suit their agenda:

Despite the Pope's words fitting into classic Catholic beliefs, the Vatican felt Francis' words needed clarification for the public, and a statement explaining his message was issued.

"All salvation comes from Christ, the Head, through the Church which is his body," Roscia wrote in the official statement published on Zenit.com . "Hence they cannot be saved who, knowing the Church as founded by Christ and necessary for salvation, would refuse to enter her or remain in her."

Roscia admitted, however, that one can never know the plans God has for an individual and whether the non-believer is part of God's larger plan for salvation.

"We can never say with ultimate certainty whether a non-Christian who has rejected Christianity is still following the temporary path mapped out for his own salvation which is leading him to an encounter with God, or whether he has now entered upon the way of perdition," Roscia added.

"Pope Francis is first and foremost a seasoned pastor and preacher who has much experience in reaching people," Roscia wrote. "His words are not spoken in the context of a theological faculty or academy nor in interreligious dialogue or debate."
http://global.christianpost.com/news/vatican-...

Next time provide a link so we can read the entire story and not just the bits and pieces you take out of context.

Thank in advance for your consideration and future honest.

Prince George, Canada

#446117 May 29, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>what people don't understand is we have all been lied to when Yahshua was resurrected he and his father took their hands off this earth and have not been back since they left us here to destroy yourself through sin. I was raised a baptist them grew up to find out i had been lied to for so many years....People say it's a miracle well its not from the creator it is from satan. satan rules this world i do not expect you to believe me.But it starts with his name and how we were taught to worship a god and to find out he is not a god he Is your heavenly father Yahweh man changed his name and made him a god.....
you can look in the back of your king james if it has a concordance see god see Yahweh it tells how they added the words lord and god to his name because it was believed to be to holy to be spoken. I guess people dont think revelation 12/9 pertains to them.As for me I don't give a shit im exposing the truth
one this so called catholich church is the beast...and has done nothing but evil...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VH9f2aRTbKMXX
And to then understand that all churches falls under the catholick church is sick.....but this is all apart of satans plan the oldest text Reads YHWH In short Yahweh...and again because the world changed his name the god the world worships could be satan ....so very few will ever get passed the name.this is why so few are called and chosen......I tell it like it is......the truth....and when it comes to his name he says you will cause them to forget my name.and the world has yet no one can prove this wrong but they will not give up their god worship......again they thought Yahshua was crazy as well
I don't believe in any theology ... including yours.

Albuquerque, NM

#446118 May 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU-----yes YOU--- believe the TRUE, SPOKEN and EXPRESSED words of Jesus, in John 6:47-59----New Age!!!!!!
I do.

You are the one who has cut Jesus' teachings in half and decided to follow only those teachings men decided for you.

You've been duped.

Albuquerque, NM

#446119 May 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh????
Do you have a question?

Albuquerque, NM

#446120 May 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Per Scripture: Should you die with your beliefs of today intact...bring fans...lots of kool-aid....
Non believers have, themselves, elected their own destination with the guy with the fork!!!!
Kool-aid, a guy with a fork......WOW!!

Sounds like you already been to this feast......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#446121 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE EPITOME OF CONFUSION..
1.IT CLAIMS TO HAVE WRITTEN THE BIBLE
which does not include your heathen practices...
2.THEN THEY ADD THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS RITUALS DOGMA,AND CONJECTURE
3.AFTER THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS ARE ADDED....
THEY CLAIM THAT THEIR INVENTIONS/HEATHEN CALISTHENICS TAKE
PRECEDENCE OVER THE BIBLE...
4.NEXT....THEY ATTEMPT
TO CONDEMN
ALL THOSE
THAT BELIEVE THE BIBLE
TO BE THE WORD OF GOD TO HELL,
BECAUSE THEY DO NOT ACCEPT
THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS.
~~~
1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
SO WHERE DOES GOD FIT INTO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM??
Just because you're confused doesn't mean it's confusing to Catholic Christians. I though you said you were going to stop screaming and just post scripture?

Albuquerque, NM

#446122 May 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am led by the Holy Spirit to all truth...as promised by Christ...I do not have an understanding problem...
Prove it.

That's right - you are all talk or diversion, but never one of understanding.

You do understand men wrote the Bible, but ignore this fact.

You do understand that men chose only a portion of what Jesus taught, but ignore this fact.

You also understand that you use less than six of the original 13 Apostles, and also ignore this fact.

Oh, I agree you understand many things, but for believing in Jesus - I'm finding it very hard to agree.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446123 May 29, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What particular translation of the Bible are you using here?
And are you sure you are looking at Psalm 82?
Maybe you should read it someday. It is full of surprises!

"I(EL) Said you are Gods (Elohim). You are all sons of the Most High." Psalm 82:6

We are all Gods and Sons of God according to the Bible.

Why don't you believe what the Bible clearly says ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... 7 hr Marie-Luise_J 6
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... 10 hr Le Jimbo 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web