Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
429,881 - 429,900 of 539,671 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#445789 May 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
thank you.
I gotta admit, your following quote is troubling:
"Clay, repent and receive Christ by faith, and stop trying to please God with keeping certain rules and doing good works...you'll never make it"
I don't get it. That doesn't seem like something the Apostles would tell people. If that is your motto, its not good. I believe that mentality ushered in the problems our society has today. Everyone seems to boast they're 'saved' while hustling money and pimping hoes.
If you were to tell your niece that, and she turns from the Eucharist, you are going to be held responsible for that. This teaching of yours is against Jesus Christ. Its new and strange, Chuck.
You don't understand him, Clay. Salvation is a GIFT from God. Jesus said that if we BELIEVE on Him, we SHALL be saved.(Greek word interpreted 'shall' actually means 'must' or 'will have to be'.
In other words, if you believe Him, you 'will have to' be given life. Someone on here said the other day, that one will not know until after death, whether they will enter heaven. John wrote that, "these things are written (so) that YOU MAY KNOW..."
Anyone can tell you ABOUT the gift...but ONLY He 'gives' it. No one else can do/afford it.
KayMarie
What is "believing"?

Does belief to you mean a simple mental acknowledgment that He is who He says He is?

Or is it possible that truly believing in Him, as Jesus Himself said (and the apostles), means hearing Him and actually DOING what He says?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445790 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

What are being "thrown out"?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
When an artist paints a picture, the last touches are often "brilliant", and very small but "absolutely" necessary. The New Age movement offers different views of a picture, but lacks in "absoluteness", and the picture is unfinished.
There is harmony, contrast, color, may be more complex, or simple, informed, or uninformed, in New Age, and so it appeals to a broad spectrum of minds and spirits as one "enters" the picture.
Sorry if my opinion offends?
BTW - you never specifically stated what is being thrown out of any "New Age" philosophies.

You claim there is, but only gave a metaphoric analogy of something.

Please provide specific subjects that New Age philosophy "throws out".

Thanks!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445791 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Your opinion doesn't offend, but is an incomplete thought. It actually sounds biased toward only your belief. But in fact, there is at least one flaw to this thinking.
If we were not all biased to our own beliefs, we wouldn't BE on a forum defending our own beliefs.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445792 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I went yesterday to Memorial Day Services. I am a bit ambivalent on the occasion. It is sad to remember so much suffering and death from war, while at the same time honoring the memory of those who died, and their survivors.
get rid of organized religion and you won't have so many wars.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445793 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.
The same applies to air-wind-electricity.....
Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...
Are you stupid or just mentally ill?

There is no proof for your deity.

There is plenty of proof of wind, electricity, etc.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445794 May 28, 2013
From my perception the "naked" truth is that I don't know even if absolute truth exists.

Maybe we all exist in a holographic universe of our own mental creation ... or not.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#445795 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Repeat...repeat....repeat....b reathe....AAAAHHHH!
Repeat...repeat....repeat....b reathe....AAAAHHHH!
*sighs*
YES!!!! It is the same "repeated TRUTH" over and over and over again! For us Catholic and Jesus Christs One True Church, The TRUTH doesn't change!......... It has, is and will continue to remain the same TRUTH as it has for over 2000 years!!..... For "bible only Protestants"(since the Reformation)---"relative truth" editorializing the interpretation of the bible with each persons opinion" is what keeps you "fundies" bickering, arguing, and fighting among yourselves!!..... Each one "has their own (relative truth) where each person decides for themselves is the truth)....... That is why for Catholics, there is nothing to discuss, nothing to debate, nothing to deliberate! The TRUTH for us Catholics (never changes) Daily Mass, the bible (OT & NT) readings, the eucharist, the 7 Sacraments,(baptism), Confession, the Adoration Prayer Chapel and the PROVEN HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445796 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>get rid of organized religion and you won't have so many wars.
You are still a very devout Christian, and from my perception, you are here to defend your specialized version of Christianity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445797 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>get rid of organized religion and you won't have so many wars.
From what you glean from biblical words, do you believe that the god that serves Christian appetites, is offended by homosexuality?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445798 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid or just mentally ill?
There is no proof for your deity.
There is plenty of proof of wind, electricity, etc.
Heavily indoctrinated.

Having been there, I recognize the symptoms.
marge

Ames, IA

#445799 May 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
1John 5:13 - St. John is certain not that his readers will make it to heaven, but that they are filled with the living presence of Christ. His readers are assured that they *possess* Christ, not that they will persevere in His grace until the end. If you go on reading the rest of the chapter you will see that is what he is talking about. This is a prime example of the DANGERS of taking scripture out of context and forcing it to fit one's conclusion.
1Cor
8He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. 9God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#445800 May 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
This page might help;
http://biblehub.com/matthew/16-28.htm
Thanks Marge that dies help.. some others I looked at say the transfiguration..most say the fall of Jerusalem

Have you or anyone have ever heard of lamed vavnik..

Could st John or some present have been some of them???

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445801 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many Christians believe that miracles come their way. But from what I've observed, they don't believe that the one and only god would bless a Muslim with a miracle.
For those who want to see, there is a huge amount of greed by the Christians in that picture.
And the reverse is the same for the Muslims. They seem certain that the one god only blesses them with miracles.
no he only does miracles for the protestants,or was that baptists? no maybe Methodist? or was it Mormons?....anyone have gods cell phone number so i can call him and straighten out this mess?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445802 May 28, 2013
Keep in mind that the supposed creator of your worship (if he existed) would be the same creator that created the Grapple tree.

If that doesn't repulse you ... nothing will.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#445803 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't around anymore for you to "eat his real flesh" or "real drink".
You are confused.

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Lords (clearly revealed words) in John 6:47-59 regarding His Words< "For unless you eat my body (which is REAL FOOD) and drink my blood which is (REAL DRINK)---you CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!!! His words cannot be any clearer for you to understand NEW AGE!!

Jesus isn't around anymore for you to "eat his real flesh" or "real drink".
You are confused.

You my friend--are "oblivious to the truth"!!
It is called "transubstantiation" ! Jesus' REAL PRESENCE in the Eucharist. You need to interpret the Scriptures as the Early Church Fathers (correctly interpreted) them in 397 AD and as the Early Christians "lived out" their person faith and Salvation in Our Lords REAL PRESENCE (the TRUE BODY and BLOOD of Jesus HIMSELF!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445804 May 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Marge that dies help
:)

Sometimes the mind has a mind of its own.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445805 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no he only does miracles for the protestants,or was that baptists? no maybe Methodist? or was it Mormons?....anyone have gods cell phone number so i can call him and straighten out this mess?
:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445806 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
Back in my old hiking/climbing days, some of my fellow hikers were eager to get to the "top", others were casual, but for me, I always got distracted about half-way up admiring the beauty, and lagged behind.
When at the top of the mountain, I would mention this, or that, which I saw on the way up, and the others always looked puzzled. I would look out over the vista and then we would go down. And I would still lag behind.
There's a lot to be learned from nature- if you take the time... and when you look-see, and when you hear-listen.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445807 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....It is called "transubstantiation" ....

"transubstantiation" is either a lie or you are a cannibal and a vampire.

Either way you are a pathetic excuse for a human being.

There is nothing in the Bible to support your insane cult of the dead.
Your religion is a disgrace to the True God and the teachings of Jesus.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#445808 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well in order to do that, your phony church needs to open their archives to the public so all that's in there can be read,and have the pope speak to god about returning the books that Constantine and the early church people burned with out authority,thanks to those idiots we'll never know the whole truth,they burned the truth.and the new pope,how long you think he's going to be around? speaking out against the mafia!? is he nuts! your going to be needing a new figure head for your phony pagan/christian conglomerate sooner than planned.He must of known his church is in bed with the mafia,or is he trying to get people to think their not? won't work,everyone knows they are,they got caught at it,again another dummy elected pope,you think it was done on purpose? they pick clergy that are not to bright and make them pope?like clay said the pope has a direct line to god what does he need a council for?
Your "anti-catholic" hate, hostility and vengeance is getting the "better of you" jethro8. You, my friend, are beginning to say and do "anything" in order to keep your "dillusions, heretical comments and vindictive slander "heated up" against Jesus Christ and His One (and only one PROVEN to be True) Apostolic Catholic Church. Sorry----but none of us Catholic, here on this forum as well as the 1,168 Billion Catholics around the world, "aren't buying ANYTHING that you are selling!! Again--you are wasting your time with your bogus "personal" attacks against Jesus Christ HIMSELF His One True CAtholic Church

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 5 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... Mon James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government Mon L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••