Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650331 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#446006 May 28, 2013
truth wrote:
Then explain two place Zion and Jerusalem.

Watch all videos you can learn so much....the truth is coming out

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come.....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#446007 May 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't speak for God. You have no authority to interpret Sacred Scripture. You're a scripture hack. A bloody butcher of God's written Word. Repent while you still have time.
As are you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446008 May 28, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
What's the difference between 1) believing and 2) accepting or "receiving" Him?
Why does St. James say:
24 You see now that it is by deeds, and not only by believing, that someone is justified.

Receiving Him...being justified...same thing, you think?
Better check it out.

KM

Location hidden

#446009 May 28, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
What I see is a catholic church that has added to and taken away from the bible.this is not right And further leads me to believe this is the woman who sits on seven hills named after seven different gods And is the beast Not sure who is the anti christ but this church is full of nothing but evil what gave it the right to change the bible.And everything in revelation points straight to this church....
Be careful that you don't throw the blame on the itinerant who is unaware. That is unjust in judgement, and can put you in the same soil as the thistle, and may be pulled as chaf also. Not that I am any better, but I would rather see you in the wheat than I. I am damned already, so what's to lose here.
:)

Location hidden

#446010 May 28, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
I would like to know what gave this church the authority to change the bible.
Imperial rule.

Location hidden

#446011 May 28, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>what gave your church the authority to change the bible.what gives them the authority to speak for your god.
Constantine and Theodosius.

Location hidden

#446012 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And still - in your mind - you only label Thomas, as a "doubter". You'd rather use what men have instilled within you, instead of understanding what Jesus taught.
*sighs*
Jesus tells him things he told no other apostle. Thomas also must've believed that they were so radical in nature, others would stone him if he said just one of the words and fire would come from the stones.
(13)
(1) Jesus said to his disciples: "Compare me, and tell me whom I am like."
(2) Simon Peter said to him: "You are like a just messenger."
(3) Matthew said to him: "You are like an (especially) wise philosopher."
(4) Thomas said to him:
"Teacher, my mouth will not bear at all to say whom you are like."
(5) Jesus said: "I am not your teacher. For you have drunk, you have
become intoxicated at the bubbling spring that I have measured out."
(6) And he took him,(and) withdrew,(and) he said three words to him.
(7) But when Thomas came back to his companions, they asked him:
"What did Jesus say to you?"
(8) Thomas said to them: "If I tell you one of the words he said to me,
you will pick up stones and throw them at me,
and fire will come out of the stones (and) burn you up."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Unlike HB(whom I respect), Ox has little to offer in the aspect of rational argument. He is not far above a "barroom brawler", who would rather degrade any discourse to name calling and violence to avoid rational refutation(because he has none), so any progression of argument is a waste of time in my opinion. However, if you are bored, it may keep you occupied for a "brief" time. If you wish to make him a "springboard" for your opinion, he is an excellent base.
Anthony MN

United States

#446013 May 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I HAVE NEVER TASTED ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ..Only in medicine
have I ingested any alcohol...
Pro 23:29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
Pro 23:30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
Pro 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
Pro 23:32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
___
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
Don't get drunk, just sip a little so you can calm down and not scream all the time and not be so cranky you old codger.

14 He makes grass grow for the cattle,
and plants for people to cultivate¬ó
bringing forth food from the earth:
15 wine that gladdens human hearts,
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#446014 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are suffering feeling of "perception".
No one is ever "alone".
No but it sure seems that way sometimes.. It is Hard To see the things taking place in this world but you have no control over it...Thanks for caring.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446015 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I will not argue with you about my status with God...
I am whom god sez I am....
"I (YHWH/EL) said,'You are ALL Gods! You are all Sons of the Most High!' Psalm 82

OK.

I am a God, You are a God, Jesus was a God, EVERYONE is a God.

Are you a God of Light or Darkness ? THAT is all that matters.
Anthony MN

United States

#446016 May 28, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
What I see is a catholic church that has added to and taken away from the bible.this is not right And further leads me to believe this is the woman who sits on seven hills named after seven different gods And is the beast Not sure who is the anti christ but this church is full of nothing but evil what gave it the right to change the bible.And everything in revelation points straight to this church....
What makes you an authority to declare who adds or takes away from the bible ?
Moses

Katy, TX

#446017 May 28, 2013
The Catholic Church is the only church that can trace its origins to Christ and his apostles. Protestantism is a heresy.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446018 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imperial rule.
Yep. Christianity in all its various forms was doing just fine until Constantine declared only the Roman version was "Truth" and commissioned the Bible's creation as the only legal canon.

Killing all other Christians and burning their books is what made Modern Christianity the only surviving form.

Your religion is built on lies and murder and the dictates of a Pagan Roman Emperor.
Anthony MN

United States

#446019 May 28, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>what gave your church the authority to change the bible.what gives them the authority to speak for your god.
Jesus gave His authority to the Church He founded, the Catholic Church. Thanks for asking.

Location hidden

#446020 May 28, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
What's the difference between 1) believing and 2) accepting or "receiving" Him?
Why does St. James say:
24 You see now that it is by deeds, and not only by believing, that someone is justified.
Receiving Him...being justified...same thing, you think?
Better check it out.
KM
Hey conf....I ain't even a crister, but like you said...What good is repententance without acts to prove its veracity?
Only then can justification be heralded for what it is..."at any particular point"

THAT's why I always have my tongue in my cheek!
Am I wrong?
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#446021 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful that you don't throw the blame on the itinerant who is unaware. That is unjust in judgement, and can put you in the same soil as the thistle, and may be pulled as chaf also. Not that I am any better, but I would rather see you in the wheat than I. I am damned already, so what's to lose here.
:)
no many people of all faiths your going to burn in hell bla bla not true just repent and wait on the creator I used to tell my grandmother they say the world is coming to a end she would say awe foot they have been saying that for a thousand years....Again it is my belief we will sin till we die.but we all will be judged and forgave But then taught the laws That i talk so much about lol and we will learn them and love them but we must be very careful when satan is loosened for the final time to test us we can not fail I think i will just wonder around...
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#446022 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt I will...just so you know....
And I can tell you will not.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#446023 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are suffering feeling of "perception".
No one is ever "alone".
Think I am suffering mental retardation.from all the dummys I went to the store Earlier And it seemed like everyone was zombies Except for the meth addicts lol....
Anthony MN

United States

#446024 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I will not argue with you about my status with God...
I am whom god sez I am
As for being a scripture hack....YOU COMPLIMENT ME..
Rom_10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
I HAVE A CHARGE BEFORE GOD...Which your carnal mind cannot understand/comprehend..
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
I have a charge to keep
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Since you have no authority, you have no charge. You're a scripture hack, a usurper, a pretender. Repent while you still have time .

Location hidden

#446025 May 28, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>No but it sure seems that way sometimes.. It is Hard To see the things taking place in this world but you have no control over it...Thanks for caring.
Ha! I will walk with you until you are taken up(if that is what it is) and I am to go the other way. It's all good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web