Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,441
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445741 May 28, 2013
And here you can see that some ancient human had the nerve to place a signature on a wall as though the person signed FOR the god.

But then all men who wrote words in books that they labeled as holy committed the same heinous acts as though they spoke for the supposed creator.

Theologians were not short on nerve ... but they were bankrupt when it pertained to honesty.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

We might refer to many other cases of pagan miracles attested by monumental evidence if our space would permit—such as the names of many persons engraven upon the walls of the Temple of Serapis, miraculously carved by the God Esculapius.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445742 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
But aren't you saying you are spinning your wheels, or stuck in a rut of your own desires.
Yes I am!

I suggest that people don't believe anything I post as truth, as I have admitted on many occasions I only have concepts of what might or might not be true.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445743 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you balanced in your belief, when you believe that you will go to heaven and others will go to hell?
Are you balanced in your belief when you believe that a god loves you because you have the RIGHT way of believing, and others don't?
How much and how far have you gone forward?
June VanDerMark:

I suppose I have tolerated my own beliefs. And they have changed, more so now as I have gotten older.

I think salvation-wise(soteriology) all of humanity is saved. It has taken me a long time to understand this, and by not means do I completely understand this.

But I think of all human beings and Creation being "saved".

All of Creation is like a big room, and God allows us to determine for ourselves where we want to be, and allows us to come and go.(Warning: There are certain restriction applied.)

In short there is a propositional and practical application to salvation.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445744 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know for a fact that Jesus existed ... just because you read it in a book written by men?
As a historian, I use the same methodology to Jesus as to Socrates.

Both are equally probable to have been actual historical figures.

As to the deification of both, unvalidated by evidence.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#445745 May 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
God kept this 'discovery' hidden in the bible from the time of earliest Christians and for the next 1400 years?
Of course GOD didn't keep it hidden; men did. Martin Luther had a revelation from God just as Peter and Paul did.
Others were not allowed to teach it through out those 1400 years.
KayMarie
You don't seriously believe God would allow men to keep the true meaning of the gospel hidden for 1400 years causing milllions of souls to be lost. I know you don't believe that because it's ridiculous.

Luther was mentally disturbed. "Oh, but he was formerly a Catholic priest!!! But wait, he receiveed a revelation from God...but wait, when he said stupid things he was a Catholic priest...but wait, God told him about sola scriptura......"

- Martin Luther

"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church … a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."

“If Moses should attempt to intimidate you with his stupid Ten Commandments, tell him right out – chase yourself to the Jews”

“Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tell’s us. Was not everybody about Him saying:‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died.”

“I have greater confidence in my wife and my pupils than I have in Christ”

"They are fools who attempt to overcome temptations [to lust] by fasting, prayer and chastisement. For such temptations and immoral attacks are easily overcome when there are plenty of maidens and women"

"There are almost as many sects and beliefs as there are heads; this one will not admit baptism; that one rejects the Sacrament of the altar; another places another world between the present one and the day of judgment; some teach that Jesus Christ is not God. There is not an individual, however clownish he may be, who does not claim to be inspired by the Holy Ghost, and who does not put forth as prophecies his ravings and dreams."-

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445746 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>as you are also,other wise we wouldn't be talking,do you deny it exists because you can not see it?
You deny God exist because you can't see him....when I applied that "wisdom"....there is no wind....no air...no electricity...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445747 May 28, 2013
If a Muslim is taught from childhood that he must kill Allah's enemies ... then when he does kill those he is certain ARE Allah's enemies ... is he evil or is he good?

When the popes ordered the killing of heretics and the devout followers killed others AS heretics ... were they evil or were they good?

When Luther ordered the killing of the starving peasants as offenders of a god, was he evil, or was he good?

We are comparable to programmed zombies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

To say that a person is evil is an eradication of having to think about it.

Author unknown
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445748 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
The oldest and probably the original form of the Trinity is that found in the Brahmin and Hindoo systems—the terms of which are—I. Brahma, the Father of supreme God. 2. Vishnue, the incarnate Word and Creator. 3. Siva, the Spirit of God, i.e., the Holy Spirit or Ghost—each answering to corresponding terms of the Christian Trinity, and yet two thousand years older, according to Dr. Smith.
June VanDerMark:

In Hinduism there is a triad going on , but Shiva is a destroyer, as opposed the Holy Spirit is Whom more a Comforter, Guider, and Pure Love.

Religions can be compared and contrasted, but personal biases are difficult to get past.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445749 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As a historian, I use the same methodology to Jesus as to Socrates.
Both are equally probable to have been actual historical figures.
As to the deification of both, unvalidated by evidence.
I believe Socrates was a real man. I believe Jesus was a myth, rejuvenated from the stories of other mythmakers.

That is of course from what I have studied, is only my opinion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445750 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny God exist because you can't see him....when I applied that "wisdom"....there is no wind....no air...no electricity...
There is repeatable and verifiable proofs for the existence of wisdom, air, electricity and wind.

Provide the same for your deity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445751 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you desire to believe that the god of your imagination is only willing to serve you and those who believe as do you with nothing but the very best.

That the same god would serve Muslims with anything good ... you find repulsive, as according to you, the god has better tastes.

You can't see your own arrogance until you are willing to WANT to see it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445752 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
In Hinduism there is a triad going on , but Shiva is a destroyer, as opposed the Holy Spirit is Whom more a Comforter, Guider, and Pure Love.
Religions can be compared and contrasted, but personal biases are difficult to get past.
You are a fool by choice.

According to theology the one and only god created good AND EVIL.

If you allow that to sink in ... you will stop puffing your self up comparable to a peacock in heat.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445753 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many Christians believe that miracles come their way. But from what I've observed, they don't believe that the one and only god would bless a Muslim with a miracle.
For those who want to see, there is a huge amount of greed by the Christians in that picture.
And the reverse is the same for the Muslims. They seem certain that the one god only blesses them with miracles.
June VanDerMark

Good point. It goes to bias.

Our minds trick our own intentions.

What I find, looking back is that the world distracts the mind with too many things. For awhile now, I watch the world whizzing by at breakneck speed and wonder how much faster things go now, and "Was I really caught up in all of that?"

Its a matter of perspective in time, not of the senses.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#445754 May 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seriously believe God would allow men to keep the true meaning of the gospel hidden for 1400 years causing milllions of souls to be lost. I know you don't believe that because it's ridiculous.
Luther was mentally disturbed. "Oh, but he was formerly a Catholic priest!!! But wait, he receiveed a revelation from God...but wait, when he said stupid things he was a Catholic priest...but wait, God told him about sola scriptura......"
- Martin Luther
"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church … a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."
“If Moses should attempt to intimidate you with his stupid Ten Commandments, tell him right out – chase yourself to the Jews”
“Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tell’s us. Was not everybody about Him saying:‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died.”
“I have greater confidence in my wife and my pupils than I have in Christ”
"They are fools who attempt to overcome temptations [to lust] by fasting, prayer and chastisement. For such temptations and immoral attacks are easily overcome when there are plenty of maidens and women"
"There are almost as many sects and beliefs as there are heads; this one will not admit baptism; that one rejects the Sacrament of the altar; another places another world between the present one and the day of judgment; some teach that Jesus Christ is not God. There is not an individual, however clownish he may be, who does not claim to be inspired by the Holy Ghost, and who does not put forth as prophecies his ravings and dreams."-
What is your source for these supposed quotes??

They sound ludicrous

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445755 May 28, 2013

The ancient Egyptians, also the Greeks, claimed that Brahminism was a type, or ante-type, of their religious systems. And Mahomedans now claim that both Judaism and Christianity were designed by God as fore-shadowing types of religion of the Koran. And the disciples of more than a thousand systems of religion which have flourished in past ages, could have made such logic equally available in showing in each case, that every system preceding theirs was designed by Infinite Wisdom as simply a typical or ante-typical forerunner of theirs. How ridiculous and senseless, therefore, is the argument thus shown to be when critically examined in the light of history! So much so as scarcely to merit a serious notice.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445756 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark
Good point. It goes to bias.
What I find, looking back is that the world distracts the mind with too many things. For awhile now, I watch the world whizzing by at breakneck speed and wonder how much faster things go now, and "Was I really caught up in all of that?"
Its a matter of perspective in time, not of the senses.
You don't go beyond the five senses any more than do others.

You can sit in a chair and your fantasies can fly off in all directions. And that is what occurs with people in religion. They picture their selves in some sort or another of utopia in a hereafter with one or another god lathering them with eternal affection.

Non-human animals don't seem to suffer such mental infections.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445757 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is repeatable and verifiable proofs for the existence of wisdom, air, electricity and wind.
Provide the same for your deity.
He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.

The same applies to air-wind-electricity.....

Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445758 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh heh...
The "American Dream" was/is a con to boost already rich profiteers into "megateers". Keeping the "joe" running in circles to pay more and more for less and less, and never giving him the time or tools to figure out what they are doing. I realized that well over 30 years ago, so I remain bondage free.
Black Thunder 42:

Back in my old hiking/climbing days, some of my fellow hikers were eager to get to the "top", others were casual, but for me, I always got distracted about half-way up admiring the beauty, and lagged behind.

When at the top of the mountain, I would mention this, or that, which I saw on the way up, and the others always looked puzzled. I would look out over the vista and then we would go down. And I would still lag behind.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#445759 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I perceive that our intentions trick our minds.

When I was under the spell of religion I happened to spot that trait in myself, and realize my own foolishness was tricking me into believing I knew the nature of the supposed god ... of all the silly things.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445760 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
You already have not answered some of my questions ... and that IS your right.
What is my point? You asked a question- I answered it.
Was it just not what you wanted to hear?
If you blatantly twist my words to mean what they do not, I will not even bother to answer, as I have already warned you about doing that before.
Here was your question....

"June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What do we learn except to defend what we believe as though what we believe should mean something special to others?"

BT42 answers...
"Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have since you posted it.
What I believe about anything is mine to own, unless someone should inquire...and even then, I may not indulge them.
If another is forwarding opinions, then I may or may not discuss or provide opposing argument.
That is what "forums" are for."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 2 hr red and right 49
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 3 hr Songs 174
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Mr Sir 9,043
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon dollarsbill 83,961
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web