Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683926 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#445894 May 28, 2013
Romans 3:20 "For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."

Romans 3:24-25, 24 "and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

Romans 3:27-28, 27 "Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law."

Romans 4:2-3, 2 "For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."

Romans 5:1, "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Romans 5:9, "Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God."

I Corinthians 6:9-11, 9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Galatians 2:15-16, 15 "We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; 16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified."

Galatians 3:11, "Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith."

Galatians 3:24, "So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith."
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445895 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
What are being "thrown out"?
<quoted text>
BTW - you never specifically stated what is being thrown out of any "New Age" philosophies.
You claim there is, but only gave a metaphoric analogy of something.
Please provide specific subjects that New Age philosophy "throws out".
Thanks!
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I tried to write a metaphorical image for you.

But I am glad, very glad you noticed that I left out the final brush-stroke of brilliance.

It is of course Jesus Christ.

While New Age Spiritualism hints at Jesus with his words and what he taught, it leaves him out as Savior, the First and Last. He is the Master Artist.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445896 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina:
I posted the Liturgy of the Hours a day or two ago, did you see it?
If you get it, this is the one you need, which is throughout the whole Church.(It does contain the First and Second Readings in the Office).
http://www.amazon.com/Liturgy-Hours-Ordinary-...
God's Blessing on you.
Yes, Robert, I did see it and replied but guess you missed it. Don't worry about it. What I said was I was looking at the one-volume Breviary (entitled "Christian Prayer: The Liturgy of the Hours") as opposed to the 4-volume set which it appears you're using. It's a lot less expensive but the major drawback is that it doesn't contain the Office of Readings, although I think it does have some readings. I'm going to have to give it more thought.

Thanks for the link, it will be helpful in making a decision.

God bless you, as well, Robert. Thank you for your prayers, as you are in mine.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445897 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot to be learned from nature- if you take the time... and when you look-see, and when you hear-listen.
Black Thunder 42:

Through my whole life, it has been a constant theme, and I have heard many complaints for me to hurry-up.(And in my working life, much to the complaint of co-workers, and management, if not directly, then indirectly.)

Because of that I never fitted in well to modern life.

I prefer to smell the roses along the way.

I imagine God gets similar complaints, with everyone wanting this or that NOW, even including the Second Coming, and the End of the World.

In the beginning, during the journey, and in the end, God is with me smelling the roses.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445898 May 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go. I'm getting the same impression. All their convoluted explanations, going around the block dozens of times in order to justify a particular doctrine or personal interpretation. It's madness to think the faith was ever taught that way. It's unfortunate, but that's what happens when one is more interested in exerting one's will than in submitting to the truth.
Do you notice all the "I" statements?......"I" found a deeper relationship with Jesus when "I" left the God-given authority of the Church and did it MY way." "I" don't believe in organized religion.(Hmm, Jesus did. What, it's not good enough for you?) "I" know "I" am saved because of the warm fuzzies "I" get when "I" pray." "I" don't believe in the Real Presence because "I" don't think that's what Christ meant in John 6." Pride.
All this talk of unity is all well and good, but Blessed John Paul II did not mean unity at the expense of truth.
I did notice that. In fact a poster gave a testimony yesterday (or this morning) on how she came to discover a relationship through non Catholic religions. It was exactly like that,'I, I, I, me me me. Its what worked for me'.'Jesus bless me; give me; shower me with the spirit, help me with this help me with that. Me me me.
Obviously you know, as Catholics, its not about us like that. The Mass is about Him. Worship is for Christ. The graces we in turn get, are the result of us submitting ourselves before the Lord and receiving Him in the Holy Eucharist.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445899 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no he only does miracles for the protestants,or was that baptists? no maybe Methodist? or was it Mormons?....anyone have gods cell phone number so i can call him and straighten out this mess?
jethro8

Sure. But call him direct at Home,(it's in Heaven). His number is JESUS CHRIST. That's J E S U S - C H R I S T. No phone necessary.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445900 May 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Romans 3:20 "For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."
Romans 3:24-25, 24 "and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
Romans 3:27-28, 27 "Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law."
Romans 4:2-3, 2 "For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."
Romans 5:1, "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 5:9, "Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God."
I Corinthians 6:9-11, 9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
Galatians 2:15-16, 15 "We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; 16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified."
Galatians 3:11, "Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith."
Galatians 3:24, "So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith."
Amen
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445901 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two edged sword. If the power controlling the system is corrupt, then the entire system becomes corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Do not do to others that which you do not want to endure yourself.
Any authority that does not act in justice and fairness is not worth having as an authority.
Black Thunder 42

Amen....

That is why man-made governments keep failing/falling.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445902 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
We'll supply answers all day long to their questions, but they seem to be so arrogant, that they can't accept your answer, unless it is the same as theirs.
It's called being lazy, and "I'd rather just follow along to what others have told me, that way I don't have to look it up to check to see how truthful the person is."
Yep - laziness, compounded with a lack of honesty.
Indeed.

In a word - insolent...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445903 May 28, 2013
Now I don't want to make fun of how other Christians worship. I see Christ working with these guys where they are at. And they do allot of good with the graces He gives them.
I just think they lose focus on what it means to pray and worship. I've attended one of those evangelical services, and unless the pastor was charismatic enough and a motivational speaker, nobody seemed like they'd get anything out of the celebration.
I try to explain that to my sister. She doesn't understand it ain't supposed to be about her. In fact, life isn't supposed to be about us.

Location hidden

#445904 May 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s1c3a2.htm#19...
Justification
(Latin justificatio; Greek dikaiosis.)
A biblio-ecclesiastical term; which denotes the transforming of the sinner from the state of unrighteousness to the state of holiness and sonship of God. Considered as an act (actus justificationis), justification is the work of God alone, presupposing, however, on the part of the adult the process of justification and the cooperation of his free will with God's preventing and helping grace (gratia praeveniens et cooperans). Considered as a state or habit (habitus justificationis), it denotes the continued possession of a quality inherent in the soul, which theologians aptly term sanctifying grace. Since the sixteenth century great differences have existed between Protestants and Catholics regarding the true nature of justification. As the dogmatic side of the controversy has been fully explained in the article on GRACE, we shall here consider it more from an historical point of view.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08573a.htm
Thanks Anthony.

That word means so many different things to so many folks, it's almost imparitive for one to ask for definition.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445905 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does say so, right in the verses.
Black Thunder 42:

No. It does not.

The meaning we attribute to the word "evil" in the Bible, has changed over the centuries in English, and in many cases the word evil in the Bible today would be better translated as rottenness, distress, misery, injury, calamity.

So where it says in Isaiah 45:7 ...,God creates evil, it is more with reference with those words(rottenness, distress, misery, injury, calamity)

In our modern metaphysical sense the word evil would a be turning away from God with the result of sin, and a sort of spiritual strangulation(death).

Location hidden

#445906 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
This is what happenes when someone finds out the truth about their beliefs. They act out in retaliation, because they don't want to beleive it.
This is the dismay before the astonishment occurs.
One just needs to let the dismay pass. Which is tougher than it seems to many.
The 3 stages of recognizing actuality.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445907 May 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
Now I don't want to make fun of how other Christians worship. I see Christ working with these guys where they are at. And they do allot of good with the graces He gives them.
I just think they lose focus on what it means to pray and worship. I've attended one of those evangelical services, and unless the pastor was charismatic enough and a motivational speaker, nobody seemed like they'd get anything out of the celebration.
I try to explain that to my sister. She doesn't understand it ain't supposed to be about her. In fact, life isn't supposed to be about us.
yeah...and them catholic masses are so chock full of life and meaningful messages that i never once heard the Gospel in all of my 21 years of attending!
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445908 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Self.
Why do you deny it?
Why do you place it second to the Bible?

I don't know exactly why, or how to explain.

There is just something about the word maybe. Self, connotes selfishness. Me, me, me. I am united to "ME". It leaves no room for God both exteriorly and interiorly. Therefore, since I have a beginning, known as birth in this universe, again, there is no room for absolutes. The Self/self just morphs into what is popular, rather than becoming fixed in eternity.

That's about the best I can do to describe it.

Its the message in the Bible that's important, not the words, which are only a tool.

Location hidden

#445909 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to write a metaphorical image for you.
But I am glad, very glad you noticed that I left out the final brush-stroke of brilliance.
It is of course Jesus Christ.
While New Age Spiritualism hints at Jesus with his words and what he taught, it leaves him out as Savior, the First and Last. He is the Master Artist.
I may be butting in here, however, It is not the "item" but rather the "message" that is being "stressed" in the "picture". IOW- the intent(message) of the "item" in the first place.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445910 May 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
Clay

I think there is room enough in heaven for non-Catholics Christians.

I think there are some really good in-depth non-Catholic services, with fantastic preachers and teachers. But they have the same problem as Catholics do, they have "audiences".

What you see when you go to a non-Catholic service is like what a non-Catholic sees when they go into the RCC. It looks superficial.
Its part of the human condition Jesus describes of the removing the beam in our own eye first, before the splinter in the other person's eye. Don't worry, we all have that problem.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445911 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"transubstantiation" is either a lie or you are a cannibal and a vampire.
Either way you are a pathetic excuse for a human being.
There is nothing in the Bible to support your insane cult of the dead.
Your religion is a disgrace to the True God and the teachings of Jesus.
Even in the theology, the one and only god favors only the Jews. He was created by the Jews and that is why they wrote that they were his chosen few.
youtube

AOL

#445912 May 28, 2013

ANTICHRIST on world stage --

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445913 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
We all do.
You go a step farther, in promoting some provocative questions. But you get trapped in a snare of overgeneralizing. Sometimes people fall for it too.
How, by admitting that I don't know the past, present or future, do you believe I over-generalize?

You are the one who is certain that you will be saved and others will go to hell.

From my perception you are WAY over-generalizing.

Especially since maybe it is the reverse in that you will go to hell and others will be saved.

Is that "general" enough for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 16 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web