Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#445823 May 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't be trying to contradict Scripture with Scripture, now would you, Marge?
Stop forming a conclusion and cherry picking verses out of context to fit said conclusion. Proof-texting is dishonest, Marge.
Not everyone who says Lord, Lord....
Even the demons believe.....
Doesn't the CC do the same thing?

On the face of it, the Bible is loaded with uncertain context and contradictory scripture. What is metaphor, what is not? This allows for "cherry picking," as you say.

This is undeniable fact, based on historical REALITY.

For example, BOTH SIDES in the American Civil War used the Bible to justify their cause.

Well-meaning, god-fearing men found in the Bible support for two completely opposite sides of a fundamental human rights issue.

Imagine how many fewer wars there would have been if all imaginary god communicated with better clarity?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445824 May 28, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Satan is lord over the pedophilia that exists in the Roman Catholic church society.
doctor you need a reality check.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445825 May 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm.
Thanks for the hummer. LOL
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#445826 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Find any reasonable intelligent four year old to explain this to you:
He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.The same applies to air-wind-electricity.....
Answer the question: Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...
Thats the dumbest statement I have heard all year! Congratulations Oxbow!!

We can prove air-wind-electricity. We can prove how they are created, and how they work. Yes we can't see the electricity running through the wires in the wall, but we ALL know its there. We can't see gravity, but we ALL know how it works.

Prove to me that God exists? Explain why all the previous Gods worshipped by your previous ancestors are not the right Gods but yours is?

Its all wishful thinking. wishful thinking!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445827 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From my perception the "naked" truth is that I don't know even if absolute truth exists.
Maybe we all exist in a holographic universe of our own mental creation ... or not.
you could be right,or we are a dream of a sleeping giant,and when he wakes up we're gone,that's the great apocalypse

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445828 May 28, 2013
Question for Catholics...

Flesh has blood....But flesh with its life, which is its blood, shall you not eat.

So....why does not the flesh of Christ, which you say you eat, have blood!!!!!

Why are you ignoring Scripture that teaches against cannibalism?????
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#445829 May 28, 2013
Correection...

"... if all imaginary gods communicated..."

btw...

On which side was the CC during the American Civil War anyhow?

The Vatican was one of the only international entities to officially recognise the South.

Yet a short time before the war, the CC officially denounced slavery.

Religions look out for themselves first.

Location hidden

#445830 May 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the dumbest statement I have heard all year! Congratulations Oxbow!!
We can prove air-wind-electricity. We can prove how they are created, and how they work. Yes we can't see the electricity running through the wires in the wall, but we ALL know its there. We can't see gravity, but we ALL know how it works.
Prove to me that God exists? Explain why all the previous Gods worshipped by your previous ancestors are not the right Gods but yours is?
Its all wishful thinking. wishful thinking!
There is no cure for stupid....you will remain so....

Repeat: He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445831 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I've searched multiple sites and the conclusion is Judaism:
Moses 1500-1350 BCE
Hinduism:
2000 BCE.....JETHRO: these dates are not written in stone (no pun intended),there could be something out there that has gone undiscovered,so picking one is not easy an not exact,plus as i said before the catholic church has to open it's archives so the world can find out what they are hiding,and try an find a clue as to what was in the books they burned.there actions dictate to me they don't want the truth known.because the catholic church is not the true church of jesus/god.Unless a passage is found where jesus states a name of his church (which he wouldn't)no one can claim with absolute certainty their church is the true church. and we still have the problem "does god truly exist?" can't prove that either with absolute certainty.
Try IFA.-10,000+ yrs ago according to archaeologists. It has been said that all religions probably are derived from this.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#445832 May 28, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't the CC do the same thing?
On the face of it, the Bible is loaded with uncertain context and contradictory scripture. What is metaphor, what is not? This allows for "cherry picking," as you say.
This is undeniable fact, based on historical REALITY.
For example, BOTH SIDES in the American Civil War used the Bible to justify their cause.
Well-meaning, god-fearing men found in the Bible support for two completely opposite sides of a fundamental human rights issue.
Imagine how many fewer wars there would have been if all imaginary god communicated with better clarity?
EXACTLY!

The bible is the book of confusion.

Thousands of christian beliefs ALL using the same holy bible, and inspired words, to prove their own conflicting doctrines.

To this day educated theologens around the world disagree with each other over terminology of bible meanings.

Educated religious translators argue with each other over Greek and Hebrew writings with no clear winner in sight.

Wouldn't an educated person like REGINA M. believe that God would make sure his words were crystal clear to all?

The fighting goes on today, in regards to the meanings of the bible.

Its been a catastrophic failure to educated mankind........and a crutch for those that live in fear.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445833 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called "transubstantiation" ! Jesus' REAL PRESENCE in the Eucharist. You need to interpret the Scriptures as the Early Church Fathers (correctly interpreted) them in 397 AD and as the Early Christians "lived out" their person faith and Salvation in Our Lords REAL PRESENCE (the TRUE BODY and BLOOD of Jesus HIMSELF!
...only in your mind and millions of others it is perceived this way.

In truth and honesty - it is a manufactured wafer and wine. But the illusion of the ritual is much more appealing and happier for you when you are participating.

I understand hojo, you need to follow others, instead of taking responsibility for your beliefs.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#445834 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no cure for stupid....you will remain so....
Repeat: He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.
Tell us OXBOW, have you ever seen God?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445835 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "anti-catholic" hate, hostility and vengeance is getting the "better of you" jethro8. You, my friend, are beginning to say and do "anything" in order to keep your "dillusions, heretical comments and vindictive slander "heated up" against Jesus Christ and His One (and only one PROVEN to be True) Apostolic Catholic Church. Sorry----but none of us Catholic, here on this forum as well as the 1,168 Billion Catholics around the world, "aren't buying ANYTHING that you are selling!! Again--you are wasting your time with your bogus "personal" attacks against Jesus Christ HIMSELF His One True CAtholic Church
Hojo - you are starting to sound like the guy who the so-called "Church" sends out to a person who they suspect is controlled by a demon, just before an exorcist is to take place.

:o)

Location hidden

#445836 May 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us OXBOW, have you ever seen God?
Only a Catholic would ask that question!!!!

Quote: No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Its called a "Bible"....the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...

Location hidden

#445837 May 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Admire-worship the creation and not the Creator, hmm.
Projection.
Do you do that often? It shows a lack of reading comprehension.

Here--- try reading it again...

"Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot to be learned from nature- if you take the time... and when you look-see, and when you hear-listen."
marge

Ames, IA

#445838 May 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
An old Jewish tradition or fable. 36 righteous must be in the world(kind of like if there had been 50 righteous in Sodom
Some think these are immortal..until the end.
Most likely fiction. But then Jesus said John could live however long He wanted Him to.
Never heard of that fable,
Yes i see what your saying and how it relates to those other verses you posted.

Jesus replied,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.” 23So the rumor spread among the community of believers that this disciple wouldn’t die. But that isn’t what Jesus said at all. He only said,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

“"None shall pass"”

There

#445839 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try IFA.-10,000+ yrs ago according to archaeologists. It has been said that all religions probably are derived from this.
Physical evidence at Gobekli Tepe (circa 9000 BC).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#445840 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...only in your mind and millions of others it is perceived this way.
In truth and honesty - it is a manufactured wafer and wine. But the illusion of the ritual is much more appealing and happier for you when you are participating.
I understand hojo, you need to follow others, instead of taking responsibility for your beliefs.
They remind me of the kids who got high smoking oregano when told it was pot.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445841 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!! That is "precisely" why I left my Protestant "bible only" Church, which divided on three different occasions over a 20 period, because they "couldn't agree" on bible interpretation. It is called "relative truth" Christianity (what each person decides for themselves is the truth"!(Start a new denomination). NO AUTHORITY, NO HEADSHIP, NO ABSOLUTE TRUTH! The Bible (in Pauls writings gives us the ABSOLUTE TRUTH, and THE AUTHORITY, in I Timothy 3:15, where Paul calls "THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.---LTM --you can begin to look no further that over 400 years of the Protestant Reformation if you want to find the reasons for "church division", "disgreement of teaching", and "starting up a different denomination" ----Since the 16th century there are now over 42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting Protestant bible only denominations of "relative truth" doctrines of belief----(each one)editorializing their own "personal (bible interpretation) opinions. There has, is and will continue to be only ONE TRUTH,--NOT---42,000+ conflicting "relative truths" of the word of God and that TRUTH is (as Paul says in I Timothy 3:15, in the One True Catholic Church established, formed and founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!
ROME/VATICAN and the BODY OF CHRIST are about as polar opposites as Hell is from Heaven. a casual review of history and current affairs back this up better than any arguments pro or con that could possibly be submitted here.

nuff said, end of discussion!

Location hidden

#445842 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Find any reasonable intelligent four year old to explain this to you:
He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.The same applies to air-wind-electricity.....
Answer the question: Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...
Simple.

One word.

>"Potential"<

Prove that is incorrect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Fri serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 28 Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web